COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Have you ever worked 16hrs a day+ for 3 1/2 years?
That goes for any President.
Go through photos of former Presidents and point out the ones who didnt go grey from stress after the first year.

Yeah, I think that pretty well did in F.D.R. after about 12 years!

JLM

Trump has a big base in CA does he? Latinos?

Last I heard California was largely Democrap!

petros
+1
Not according to birth

petros
+1
What happened here? Why so low?

Botswana 314

petros
+1
Where the f-ck are China's numbers?

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?...=CA&ceid=CA:en

Walter
+2

Trump has a big base in CA does he? Latinos?

And blacks are dying proportionally much higher than their demographic, stoopid Trump supporters.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+6

China has not reported real numbers ever. It doesn't matter what they report.

Ocean Breeze
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Almost 62,000 cases in America while Canada had less than 350.

What kind of assholes are running that country.

the worst kind....

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

sadly, they have no credibility.

Ocean Breeze
Lebanon: Coronavirus and economic meltdown leaves country on the brink of collapse

https://news.sky.com/story/lebanon-c...lapse-12025702

Coronavirus: Emirates set to cut 9,000 jobs

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53369463
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; 4 weeks ago at 05:37 PM..

Ron in Regina
+3

Hong Kong is on its third wave of COVID 19 & China is where? Kind'a hard to believe...China has only about 75% of the cases Canada does (?), and yet has about 40 times the population?

Hoid
California set to release 8000 plus in wake of prison outbreak of covid

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/...ntin-outbreak/

Advocates looking for 60,000 releases.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Over 3 million cases in the U.S. only about half resolved.

At the current mortality rate of 9%, we will have about 300,000 deaths even if not one more case occurs.

Ocean Breeze
inundated Houston hospitals issue grim advisory to ambulances: Go elsewhere

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20200710

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Over 3 million cases in the U.S. only about half resolved.

At the current mortality rate of 9%, we will have about 300,000 deaths even if not one more case occurs.

That is heartbreaking ....

(and meanwhile....dear leader is taking good care of his pals.)

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

That is heartbreaking ....

(and meanwhile....dear leader is taking good care of his pals.)

He's sickening!

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

If anything good comes of the COVID epidemic, it should be a Worldwide boycott of China. Let India, and the rest of Asia pick up the slack.
Last edited by Girth; 4 weeks ago at 09:09 PM..

JLM
+1

If anything good comes of the COVID epidemic, it should be a Worldwide boycott of China. Let Inia, and the rest of Asia pick up the slack.

Are we sure yet how much blame is attributable to China?

Girth
+1
More bad news on the COVID front.

Nearly 72,000 new cases of COVID, by far and away the highest number of cases. At this rate, America could hit the 100,000 mark by the end of the month.

The fatality rate has averaged nearly 900 deaths/day, for the past few days, after declining since mid April. This is the highest daily fatality rate in one month.

Worldwide, countries like Brazil, India, South Africa, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Iraq all have seen a dramatic rise in cases, and all have over 2500 new cases/day.

Canada finished the day with only 320 new cases, and the number of active cases has been falling since the end of May.
Last edited by Girth; 4 weeks ago at 09:14 PM..

Hoid
NHL has announced some sort of season restart in August in a couple of Canadian hub cities.

I can't believe that anyone would care to watch NHL hockey. On TV. In August.

It seems to be somewhat tone deaf to me.

Girth
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Are we sure yet how much blame is attributable to China?

Regardless of deception and downplaying the severity of the COVID outbreak....

Holding innocent Canadians as political prisoners, and hoarding PPE taken from other countries (who in turn develop severe shortages), and then selling it at inflated prices is enough to realize that it may be best in future if Canada, and others did business with other countries instead.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

NHL has announced some sort of season restart in August in a couple of Canadian hub cities.

It's probably not going to happen. Even if it did, chances are that the NHL would have to cancel the playoffs within a week, as the likelihood of one or more teams coming down with multiple cases of COVID is too great. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe nearly three dozen NHL players came down with COVID since the beginning of June.

Personally, as a resident of Edmonton, I want nothing to do with being a "hub city" for the NHL, and I am a huge hockey fan.

captain morgan
+1

More bad news on the COVID front.

Nearly 72,000 new cases of COVID, by far and away the highest number of cases. At this rate, America could hit the 100,000 mark by the end of the month.

The fatality rate has averaged nearly 900 deaths/day, for the past few days, after declining since mid April. This is the highest daily fatality rate in one month.

Worldwide, countries like Brazil, India, South Africa, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Iraq all have seen a dramatic rise in cases, and all have over 2500 new cases/day.

Canada finished the day with only 320 new cases, and the number of active cases has been falling since the end of May.

Shoot me the details on the demographics relative to covid deaths in the USA.

Just for perspective:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...dents-by-state

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Shoot me the details on the demographics relative to covid deaths in the USA.
Just for perspective:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...dents-by-state

COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups
Updated June 25, 2020

Long-standing systemic health and social inequities have put some members of racial and ethnic minority groups at increased risk of getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness, regardless of age. Among some racial and ethnic minority groups, including non-Hispanic black persons, Hispanics and Latinos, and American Indians/Alaska Natives, evidence points to higher rates of hospitalization or death from COVID-19 than among non-Hispanic white persons. As of June 12, 2020, age-adjusted hospitalization rates are highest among non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native and non-Hispanic black persons, followed by Hispanic or Latino persons.

Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
non-Hispanic black persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
Hispanic or Latino persons have a rate approximately 4 times that of non-Hispanic white persons.

COVID is hitting the Native American and Black communities much harder than White or Asian communities.

pgs
+1

COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups
Updated June 25, 2020

Long-standing systemic health and social inequities have put some members of racial and ethnic minority groups at increased risk of getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness, regardless of age. Among some racial and ethnic minority groups, including non-Hispanic black persons, Hispanics and Latinos, and American Indians/Alaska Natives, evidence points to higher rates of hospitalization or death from COVID-19 than among non-Hispanic white persons. As of June 12, 2020, age-adjusted hospitalization rates are highest among non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native and non-Hispanic black persons, followed by Hispanic or Latino persons.

Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
non-Hispanic black persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
Hispanic or Latino persons have a rate approximately 4 times that of non-Hispanic white persons.

COVID is hitting the Native American and Black communities much harder than White or Asian communities.

Somehow I donít think that was the demographic he was looking for . And your article is no longer current in a fast changing pandemic .

Cliffy

JLM
+1

Regardless of deception and downplaying the severity of the COVID outbreak....

Holding innocent Canadians as political prisoners, and hoarding PPE taken from other countries (who in turn develop severe shortages), and then selling it at inflated prices is enough to realize that it may be best in future if Canada, and others did business with other countries instead.

Got to agree with you about the two Michaels.

JLM
+1

I would say it's quite possible given the fact that other activities are restricted! Think things through before blurting out shit!

taxslave
+2

Makes more sense than watching one in the middle of winter when you can see enough ice just looking out the window.

Girth
The number of confirmed cases of COVID in the United States has officially reached 1% of the population. This also means that up to 10% of Americans have antibodies for COVID, as most people who come down with the virus remain asymptomatic, or experience only mild symptoms.

In comparison, only 0.28% of Canadians have been confirmed to acquire the COVID-19 virus.