The Cathedral of Notre Dame is Burning

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You have to look that up or was it on some papers with your name at the top?

It was based on a study on anti-Semitic morons and the effect of their living in a low-oxygen environment.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

It was based on a study on anti-Semitic morons and the effect of their living in a low-oxygen environment.

Let me turn down the ozone generator while I measure the various levels of hatred in just that one sentence. Last place I heard that tone was when the Hooker said, the chairs (patio) are for 'my Church ladies', she made it sound like you could put them on a wall when done until you needed them again. She never turns them away so she is working at it, . . . unlike you and the loco collective.

You never mentioned how many seconds the study took, let alone why 'your kind' is obsessed with 'all sorts of studies' and real shy on practical long term solutions, as in this example. $22M and a few months with the Village almost deserted, go to town with your bulldozer and any attachment you need. The people will renovate and the dozer will 'landscape the place fit for the people the time and the place' and a trend to make the livable when 'the village power goes out'. How much would 1 year do in the number that had to be evacuated next year. Planning this summer and material goods moved in over the winter and repairs can begin on the homes as they are lived in. When the frost is gone then the real work begins. Houses lower than the level of the dike will be moved if possible and buried if not. The material would come from to fill in all the low area would come from the far side of the ring-road or dredged from the backwater part of the river using a fleet of barges or conveyor belts if high production is desired and then one year would complete that rather than 'a few years'.
The Village can hauls heating oil so they can haul water and sewage so the underground part of those utilities is not needed. Each house would also be able to treat the snow/rain they collect as that is probably better than swamp water which is what river water is made of in those areas.
$200M-400M would allow what kind of dwelling that is meant to be comfortable and in what is 'an off grid community' where reliance on help coming from outside is once a year so reliability is always at the top of the list? 'Dried peat logs' that are formed under 50 tons of pressure might save a house if the normal method of heating is unavailable. Or there is underground liquid water that can be used for emergency heat that will keep the place above freezing when no moving parts are needed as it the case with geo thermal methods. Even in the far north it can be used to keep things frozen for the few months melting is happening.
By the sound of it they plan it to build the same defective place only 20 ft higher than the river that wasn't the problem in their current location. The Indians would end up paying for the whole thing even though the original defects were the Governments fault, rather than the Indians being the root cause.
Imagine what the full report that was supposed to have been done would show if this is from just a few photos designed to hide the real flaw and blame it in the ice on the river. It would be like an demo guy seeing 9/11 without any hype and giving his view about 'planned' or 'accidental'.

spaminator
do you think that the crown of thorns that they saved is a genuine artifact? did they do any carbon dating?

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

How about we de-fund the National Endowment for the Arts and send the money to Flint?

Mowich
+4

It's just a monument to the human ego.

It is an architectural marvel that even pagans such as myself appreciate for the ingenuity and skill it took to erect such an outstanding edifice. You might want to read Ken Follet's 'Pillars of the Earth' as it will give you some idea of what a phenomenal accomplishment it truly is considering it was built largely by hand.

This alone is a treasure beyond measure.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

We have non-violent murders here in Alberta. We're much better than BC

We used to have violent murders in Alberta but then we elected the UCP.....solved that problem

Mowich
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Do you think there's been enough on the news yet about this fire?

I appreciate that this story if of little if any interest to you, JLM. To a few of us, however, it is an important story and I for one appreciate the continuing updates.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How about we de-fund the National Endowment for the Arts and send the money to Flint?

Or they could split the funds between Flint and the towns of Coldwater Creek and Bridgeton in Missouri.

Hoid
Oh look. Someone needs to be angry and offensive on the internet.

You don't see much of that.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I appreciate that this story if of little if any interest to you, JLM. To a few of us, however, it is an important story and I for one appreciate the continuing updates.

Don't get me wrong Mowich, of course it was an interesting news item on the day it happened, but it's been on the news every day since, no one was killed or injured, meanwhile right here in our own area brutal murders are happening which get less coverage. It's just a building and can be repaired.

Mowich

Don't get me wrong Mowich, of course it was an interesting news item on the day it happened, but it's been on the news every day since, no one was killed or injured, meanwhile right here in our own area brutal murders are happening which get less coverage. It's just a building and can be repaired.

I hear you, JLM but it appears both stories have taken a back-seat to the release of the Mueller Report. When it comes to news that is one item that I could care less about.

Curious Cdn

Why don't you de-populate Flint and resettle the occupants in a decent place?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I hear you, JLM but it appears both stories have taken a back-seat to the release of the Mueller Report. When it comes to news that is one item that I could care less about.

Yeah really. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't hear Trump's name again until Nov. 2020. Some detest him, some love him but this is Canada and who cares except Walter! Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a subscription.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Why don't you de-populate Flint and resettle the occupants in a decent place?

What's happening in Flint? Michigan I presume!

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Sure sure Pinkie

Curious Cdn
+1

What's happening in Flint? Michigan I presume!

You need a current tetanus shot to visit there.

Oh, and don't drink the water unless you want to end up looking like penguin.

http://youtu.be/NUSiLOwkrIw

Flint Michigan makes the rest of the rust belt look like

Blackleaf
+1
Thank God for western values

The debt of the West to Christianity is more deeply rooted than many might presume

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/04/...estern-values/

Mowich
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

If being angry because people in Coldwater Creek and Bridgeton, Missouri are dieing due to the effects of radiation poisoning is offensive to you, I can only surmise you either no nothing about the story or you just don't give a damn.

Hoid
I don't give a dam about white natty anger or resentment or self-righteousness.

And neither does anyone else.

That's why the whole lot of you has to gather here daily to vent.

Cannuck
Hehehehehe...should have used water bombers

Cliffy

How about taking it out of your bloated military budget?

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

It's still a church (house of God) built somewhere around 1185 A.D. in Paris and it's big. Anything else you think I need to know? I'm not a particularly religious person so to me it's just another edifice & like any other material structure can be repaired!

Church or not, it is history. It can probably be repaired but it will never be the same.

And when this was built what exactly was in BC? What of that is still standing today?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Is there something unique about these brutal murders or just more of the same in everyday BC life? If its more of the same, why cover them?

And lack of coverage has not appeared to affect your ability to know about them so I can't say any adjustments would be required in the coverage.

Twin_Moose
+1

They have to spend more to help keep our sorry asses safe

Twin_Moose

Awwww your concern is touching. And have you donated to the 140 yr old Murray United Church that was destroyed by arson in the Merrit-area of BC in January, or any of the other churches that were torched in the area at the same time? Including the two on the Scw’exmx Reserve?
Or was this simply an opportunity for you to try and signal your non-existent virtue without actually having to put yourself out, as per the ALT-left dogma.

He hasn't donated to anything outside of his misguided opinions

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

They have to spend more to help keep our sorry asses safe

No they don't. The amount of waste in the military is staggering.

Hoid

They have no trouble finding wall money there.

Danbones

Swedish Journalist Caught on Social Media Celebrating Notre Dame Fire

Blessed Bee
28 minutes ago
Yup...Alex is NOT Swedish.
He is an Ashkenazi Jew.

He loathes native Swedish people. He loathes native French people.

And most of all, he loathes Christians.

Blessed Bee
30 minutes ago
Alex Shulman?
That doesn't sound like a Swedish name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFNszbcf-ek

Ummm...Gee...Just like the dancing Israelis did at 911.

The Foreign Ministry said in response that it had been informed by the consulate in New York that the FBI had arrested the five for "puzzling behavior." They are said to have had been caught videotaping the disaster and shouting in what was interpreted as cries of joy and mockery.
https://www.haaretz.com/1.5396918
( Israeli news papers must hate jews too?)

Are YOU sure someone isn't standing on Your O2 cord?

just sayin.
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 19th, 2019 at 05:27 PM..

MHz
It was her attempt at comedy, a reply to a post where I called her anti-Semitic. That being said new rules do seem to be in the wings and if they were to push the God angle this would be the best year to do it. That being said, God can keep a sequence on time, rich men, . . . not so much, lack of belief is part of it.

Once Satan took all Job's wealth away he started in on his food supply.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Church or not, it is history. It can probably be repaired but it will never be the same.

And when this was built what exactly was in BC? What of that is still standing today?

Which bears no relevance to anything. The planet is in a constant state of evolvement and change. B.C. had a well established civilization at the time. Read your history.