+1
#1  Top Rated Post
Hamilton's mayor angered by rude 'wake up' from protesters at home
Fatima Texiwala
Published:
June 28, 2019
Updated:
June 28, 2019 6:45 PM EDT
Upset protesters hold signs outside Hamilton's mayor that read "Mayor doesn't care about Queer People."Fred Eisenberger/Twitter
The mayor of Hamilton got a rude early-morning wakeup call Friday when more than “20 agitators” noisily marched into his front lawn.
The city’s mayor, Fred Esienberger, claimed the protesters were “harassing” not only him but also his family and neighbours by “yelling profanities” and “banging on my door.”
On Friday, June 28, 2019, Hamilton’s mayor Fred Eisenberger wakes up to a crowd of upset protesters. Dave Thomas/Toronto Sun/QMI Agency
The mayor spoke on Twitter to share images of the protesters holding and placing signs on his private property.
The planted signs read: “Mayor doesn’t care about Queer People.”
“It’s well past time for the Mayor to wake up,” read an anonymous post on North Shore Counter-Info blog.
“The queer community in Hamilton has their eyes wide open and we aren’t going to stop until Cedar is out of jail and all of the charges against Pride defenders are dropped.”
The anarchist blog’s author claimed, “we didn’t overstay our welcome.”
The protest may have been sparked by the jailing of transgender anarchist Cedar Hopperton, who was arrested in connection with violence at the Hamilton Pride celebration on June 15. Pride supporters clashed with alt-right protesters during the festivities at Gage Park.
Hamilton police say they are aware of the incident involving Esienberger and will later release an official statement.
Dozens protest treatment of senior by mall security guards
Doug Ford’s approach to Toronto council dismays Hamilton mayor
http://north-shore.info/2019/06/28/a...-for-the-mayor
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/ham...esters-at-home

MHz
Hamilton's mayor angered by rude 'wake up' from protesters at home

I wonder of anybody with updated 'moral issues material' ever stops by here?? Seems a bit godless at the moment if the truth be told.

spaminator
+1
Woman arrested after LGBTQ group protests at Hamilton mayor’s house
Canadian Press
Published:
June 29, 2019
Updated:
June 29, 2019 3:35 PM EDT
Hamilton, Ont. Mayor Fred Eisenberger in his office on Thursday October 16, 2014. (Dave Thomas/Toronto Sun)
Hamilton police say they’ve made an arrest after a group of LGBTQ demonstrators showed up at the mayor’s house Friday morning.
Police say about 20 protesters showed up at Mayor Fred Eisenberger’s house at about 7:15 a.m., banging on the door and planting signs on the lawn that said, “Mayor doesn’t care about Queer People.”
This morning, my family and I were awoken to over 20 agitators at my home, yelling profanities, leaving signs on my lawn and banging on my door.
This is absolutely unacceptable.
Harassment of my family, my neighbours or anyone is crossing the line. Police are investigating. pic.twitter.com/NZWIwfkm1Q
— Fred Eisenberger (@HamiltonsMayor) June 28, 2019
They say they’ve since laid numerous charges against a 33-year-old woman, including theft under $5,000, criminal harassment and mischief. They say the woman was not granted bail.
The protest follows an altercation at a Hamilton Pride event earlier this month that saw a physical confrontation between attendees and two anti-Pride groups that has led to five arrests.
Video of Friday morning’s protest that was posted on social media, including on Eisenberger’s own Twitter account, shows demonstrators shouting and playing instruments.
Eisenberger tweeted that he and his family were woken up by the disturbance, which he called “unacceptable.”
Another clip where you can see my Canadian flag taken from my home. pic.twitter.com/J92FC9TAFO
— Fred Eisenberger (@HamiltonsMayor) June 28, 2019
“This morning, my family and I were awoken to over 20 agitators at my home, yelling profanities, leaving signs on my lawn and banging on my door,” Eisenberger wrote on Twitter.
“Harassment of my family, my neighbours or anyone is crossing the line.”
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1144692538403696641
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/wom...n-mayors-house