Ford's popularity plunges: Mainstreet poll

spaminator
Ford's popularity plunges: Mainstreet poll
Antonella Artuso
Published:
May 24, 2019
Updated:
May 24, 2019 1:41 PM EDT
Ontario Premier Doug Ford heads outside after addressing media at the Thorncrest Ford dealership, near The Queensway and Highway 427, in Toronto, Ont. on Monday April 1, 2019. Ernest Doroszuk / Toronto Sun
Premier Doug Ford is so unpopular he’s got to look up to see former premier Kathleen Wynne’s approval rating, a Mainstreet Research poll finds.
Ford’s latest net favourability rating was minus 53.5%, a figure that has been sliding since January, Mainstreet Research Vice-President Dr. Joseph Angolano said Friday.
By the end of her second mandate, polling consistently showed Wynne with extremely poor favourability ratings — minus 35.3% — and her party went on to lose all but seven seats in the June 2018 provincial election.
“In our April poll, internally we did think there’s a chance he will surpass Kathleen Wynne’s favourability ratings and it turns out he has,” he said.
Among decided and leaning voters, the Liberals were at 39.9% support, the NDP at 24.2%, the PCs at 22.4% and the Greens at 12%.
LEVY: Cue another day of faux outrage at Ford
LILLEY: Red protesters call for Ford’s head to be chopped off
LILLEY: Memo to Ford critics — economics is not an actual science
Ford has never enjoyed strong popularity numbers but went on to win a majority in last year’s provincial election, and his current rating may reflect some of the more unpopular measures that government’s typically roll out early in their mandates, Angolano said.
“It does happen where candidates do have negatives but they generally are the most popular option on the table,” he said.
“The good news for the Premier today is that there isn’t an election that’s going to be called right now … but to see it at this extreme?”
The person who appears to have emerged as Ford’s most high-profile critic outside the Ontario Legislature — Toronto Mayor John Tory who has objected to reductions in public health and other provincial funding — would be Liberal supporters first choice to lead the party, the poll found.
Almost 40% of poll respondents said they would vote Liberal if the former Ontario PC leader were leading the Ontario Liberal Party, 29.6% would support it with Sandra Pupatello at the helm, 27.8% with Steven Del Duca, 28.1% with Michael Coteau and 28% with Mitzie Hunter.
Toronto Mayor John Tory, left, and Ontario Premier Doug Ford stand for a photo in Ford’s Queen’s Park office in Toronto, Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018. Cole Burston / The Canadian Press
The Ontario Liberals, who could soon dip to just five members, are in the beginning stages of replacing interim leader John Fraser with the person who will carry the party into the next provincial election in 2022.
Mainstreet Research surveyed 996 Ontarians, May 21-22, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.1%, and is considered accurate 19 times out of 20.
aartuso@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/provincia...ainstreet-poll

Walter
Good thing there’s no vote for three years.

Cliffy
The accidental premier: a year into his reign of chaos, Doug Ford is on the bubble

Behind the scenes, key staffers are leaving and no one knows who’s in charge anymore – the trajectory is beginning to look a lot like the one that led to his late brother’s political demise.

Doug Ford has shat the bed.
A year into his reign of cuts and chaos, the self-anointed premier “For the People,” finds himself on the bubble with disapproval ratings across the province hitting 75 per cent, including in traditionally conservative hotbeds of support right across Ontario.
Ford’s campaign to defund essential services and privatize everything else has turned conservatives in his own party against him. According to one recent public opinion poll, three out of 10 PC members who voted for Ford in 2018 would not vote for him again if an election were held today. The decimated Liberals with only seven MPPs don't even have a leader and they're neck-and-neck with the PCs.
Behind the scenes, meanwhile, disorder abounds. Insiders paint a portrait of a premier going through the motions, seemingly indifferent or unaware of the ramifications of his decisions and the decisions of the ideologues around him who think government can be run like a household. A number of key staffers have jumped ship recently, including Mitchell Davidson, Ford’s executive director of policy, and last week David Tarrant, his director of strategic communications. No one knows who’s in charge anymore. “There’s a lot of unrest,” says one PC insider.
The internal fractures are beginning to appear publicly, most recently via the leak of a cabinet document to the Star suggesting the Ford government had plans for even deeper cuts to social services in the April budget, but were talked out of it (at least for now) by senior government bureaucrats who warned of the mass devastation, including deaths, that would follow. Welcome to Ontario.

More: https://nowtoronto.com/news/doug-for...cs-queens-park

Walter
A bullshit story. Now Toronto is a commie rag.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I thought there was one in October

petros
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by hoid View Post

i thought there was one in october

o-n-t-a-r-i-o

spaminator

it will give his popularity more time to reach 0.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

it will give his popularity more time to reach 0.

Just like Harris, I believe Ford will win a second huge majority in 2022.

spaminator

Just like Harris, I believe Ford will win a second huge majority in 2022.

I hope that you don't need health care in the future.

petros
+1
It takes 5 years after cuts for an economy to catch up to debt. If 2/3 of gap is closed in 3 years Ford will do another term.

Problem.

That won't happen without Trudeau gone.

petros
+1

I hope you don't need it now after Wynne axed 1400 nurses and still no rehiring.

Cliffy
+1

Walter
+1

I'm sure I will and I have the insurance to deal with it.

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The election isn't today.

petros
+2

The election isn't today.

It's in October. lol

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It's in October. lol

The next Ford election is in 2022.

Twin_Moose
+2
Not according to Hoid

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Not according to Hoid

Hoid's an asshole.

spaminator

Hoid's an asshole.

I thought you were in the general vicinity?

Hoid
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...ford-1.5152794

Ford's (lack of) popularity in Ontario is impacting Scheer's campaign in Ontario.

Twin_Moose
+1
Especially in Tarana where Ford is exacting his revenge

petros
+1
Bummer.

I always got mad when my dad cut my allowance too but only a few years later I was doing better. My little brother was now doing half my work and I was making the same.

Danbones
Oh, the attrition is just getting started...

White_Unifier
+1
I actually support Ford's cuts for the most part, but alcohol in every shop is a bad idea. Promoting gambling was not a wise move either.
Last edited by White_Unifier; Jun 3rd, 2019 at 12:05 AM..

Cliffy

Danbones
+1
LOL, Rich famous (from the scam) commie family dynasty kids talking trash. I guess you didn't watch "24" did you cliffy?

Saskatchewan Doctors' Strike

The Saskatchewan Medical Care Insurance Bill was introduced in the Legislature 13 Oct 1961, and received royal assent 17 Nov 1961, after Woodrow S. LLOYD had replaced Douglas as premier. It was to come into force April 1, but this was amended, later, to 1 July 1962.

Doctor's strike in Saskatchewan during the Medicare Crisis, 1962 (National Archives of Canada, PA-88485).

Saskatchewan Doctors' Strike
In 1959, Premier T.C. DOUGLAS announced his intention to provide medical care insurance, based on pre-payment, universal coverage, quality service and government administration, and through a scheme acceptable to both doctors and patients. The election of 1960 was fought on this issue, the doctors campaigning against it. A commission, established to recommend a plan, reported in Sept 1961. Members of the Saskatchewan College of Physicians and Surgeons met with the government, stating that they could not work with a compulsory, government-controlled scheme.
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....doctors-strike

Just wait till Trudeau's Commie sell out economic policy consequences kick in and Ford has to deal with that.

Oh Cliffy:

Canadians airbrush the truth about Tommy Douglas's enthusiasm for eugenics: MD

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tommy-douglas

"Eugenics". Gee, full on establishment commiesnaziglobalism - that is/was The LIBERAL US, and British, and Hitler's and Stalin's and Mao's thing too.

All YOUR friends. Easily responsible for the deaths of a Billion people and the ruination of Billions more. Yay cliffy!

DEMOCIDE
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

OH Meme me up Cliffy!!!
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 11th, 2019 at 05:39 AM..

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I actually support Ford's cuts for the most part, but alcohol in every shop is a bad idea. Promoting gambling was not a wise move either.

They pay the government big bucks. Morals have nothing to do with anything.

Johnnny
+2
The best thing for Ontario voters at this point is hope the current premiers ****ups correct the previous premiers ****ups. And the ****ups from the next meatball we vote in will correct this meatballs ****ups.

petros
Unifor needs to get out of ON politics. Then ON can grow.

Jinentonix
Kind of hard to know what you're going to be able to do when the previous govt intentionally understates the deficit by 75%.