Thinking of moving to Saskatchewan

Johnnny
+1
Been thinking of moving somewhere outside of Ontario because i'm starting to feel that I've outgrown this province. Having spent a lot of time in Saskabush i figure why not consider the southern part. The province has a strong economy and is central to all of Western Canada which would increase my options more so than staying in Ontario.

I'm thinking Regina or toon town.

Aside from the northern part of the province i know nothing else of it.

What would be the Pro's and Con's of the province if i decided to move there?

Curious Cdn

I'm thinking Regina

Flat as pee on a plate ...

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Been thinking of moving somewhere outside of Ontario because i'm starting to feel that I've outgrown this province. Having spent a lot of time in Saskabush i figure why not consider the southern part. The province has a strong economy and is central to all of Western Canada which would increase my options more so than staying in Ontario.

Toontown lacks feng shui.

Johnnny
You guys aren't helping...

Twin_Moose
+1
Winnipeg is the closest to being the center of Canada a lot of opportunity and very diverse

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Winnipeg is the closest to being the center of Canada a lot of opportunity and very diverse

You guys are closer to where it's at. If I were going to choose Winnipeg then I'd stay in Thunder Bay.

Hoof Hearted
Johnnny,

If you're fat and you love Curling, you'll fit right in.

Twin_Moose
Both cities are good in Sask. what are you looking for?

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Johnnny,

If you're fat and you love Curling, you'll fit right in.

Naw I'm in shape and hate curling lol, hate it...

Both cities are good in Sask. what are you looking for?

Looking to be central to the territories, BC, and Alberta where there are many opportunities for someone who is schooled in and has experience in geology, mining and milling.

Ontario may have the Ring of Fire starting up and a few gold mines coming but it's not my scene anymore. Need some change.

Twin_Moose
+2
Saskatoon has the mining offices and is scenic with the river

Johnnny

Saskatoon has the mining offices and is scenic with the river

How is the Potash industry doing? Don't know much about it and would like to hear about it from someone locally who might know.

bill barilko
They send it all here to BC and thus offshore.

hth

One thing I know about Sask is that people there get killer deals on flights to Vancouver (and probably Victoria) in winter.

It's low season here, empty hotel rooms aren't good for business and the prices are so low it's stupid you can't stay home for that price.

Twin_Moose
+1

How is the Potash industry doing? Don't know much about it and would like to hear about it from someone locally who might know.

Still slow, as well as Uranium, Gold, Coal and Diamonds are staying steady

Curious Cdn

Looking to be central to the territories, BC, and Alberta where there are many opportunities for someone who is schooled in and has experience in geology, mining and milling.

Ontario may have the Ring of Fire starting up and a few gold mines coming but it's not my scene anymore. Need some change.

Move to Salmon Arm or Revelstoke or somewhere else in the BC Interior. They are Shangri-las (avoid the Okanagan, though. It's starting to resemble Mississauga).

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Toontown lacks feng shui.

But everyone can wang chung.

petros

What do you want out of a city?

Hoof Hearted
+1
He wants to get as far away from me as he can after taking my $100.00 Trump bet.

Johnnny
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What do you want out of a city?

Decent social scene, reasonable rent and then real estate and a place not loaded with an absurd amount of junkies...

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

He wants to get as far away from me as he can after taking my $100.00 Trump bet.

That's still on lol

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Move to Salmon Arm or Revelstoke or somewhere else in the BC Interior. They are Shangri-las (avoid the Okanagan, though. It's starting to resemble Mississauga).

George , are you racist ?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

George , are you racist ?

Are you a pig?

gopher
+1

Seems like a place for the adventurous.

JLM

If you've outgrown Ontario you won't fit into SK too good.

pgs

Are you a pig?

Yes . Are you racist ?

Curious Cdn

Yes . Are you racist ?

What breed of pig are you?

Hoid
saskatchewan won't even notice one more cow pie.

petros

Decent social scene, reasonable rent and then real estate and a place not loaded with an absurd amount of junkies...

That's still on lol

Regina.

Saskatoon is full of raunchys.

pgs
+1

What breed of pig are you?

Poor George always so curious . Did you ever get any ?

Curious Cdn

Poor George always so curious . Did you ever get any ?

I don't do pigs. How about you?

pgs
+1

I don't do pigs. How about you?

I donít do idiots . Do you resemble one George ?

Twin_Moose
+3
#30  Top Rated Post
Another opportunity to open for you

Proposed diamond mine opposed by Sask. First Nations

Quote:

Several Saskatchewan First Nations are opposed to the construction of a diamond mine unless their concerns are addressed.
The Saskatchewan government gave environmental approval on Thursday to Star Diamond Corp. to proceed with the next step in its Star-Orion South Diamond Mine project east of Prince Albert.
The province said the company must make accommodations to address the potential impacts of the project on Indigenous treaty rights.
James Smith Cree Nation Chief Wally Burns said the mine, as proposed, will adversely affect his community.
“The way things stand, everyone else gets the benefits of a mine, while we are left with all the consequences,” Burns said in a statement.
“There will be no mine until our peoples’ interests are satisfied.”
Burns said the mine will be on irreplaceable sacred land.
Robert Head, chief of the Peter Chapman First Nation, said the government failed to address their concerns over the impact the mine will have on their treaty land.
“The more we dug, the more we realized this mine will have intergenerational impacts on our people, our traditions, our very spirituality,” he said.
Of concern to the First Nations is the footprint they said the mine and facilities will have on the Fort Š la Corne Forest, roughly 65 kilometres east of Prince Albert.
They said it will impact hunting rights and deprive band members access to land linked to their culture.

The government said Star Diamond must make accommodations to address potential impacts to First Nations treaty rights and traditional land uses as it moves forward with the project.
Environment Minister Dustin Duncan said Thursday he is confident conditions imposed on Star Diamond will alleviate any concerns.
“The government of Saskatchewan has an obligation to ensure that developments undergo comprehensive assessment and proceed with appropriate environmental safeguards in place,” Duncan said.
“I am confident this project has met these requirements and the conditions of approval will mitigate environmental and community impacts.”
One condition is for a conservation area to be set aside in the forest, along with James Smith Cree Nation involvement in environmental monitoring.
Government officials said they carried out their duty to consult, and engaged with Indigenous communities during the consultation process.
The federal government previously gave a positive environmental review to the project.

READ MORE: Sask. holding 1st subsurface mineral rights public offering in December

The mine is expected to employ 700 people when operational.
“The project has the potential to generate billions of dollars of corporate and municipal taxed and royalities, while also providing direct employment for hundreds of people throughout the construction phase,” said Star Diamand president and CEO Kenneth MacNeill in a statement.
The company said an assessment estimated 66 million carats of diamonds could be recovered from a surface mine over a 38-year period.

Which part of the treaty are they violating?