Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’


MHz
#2011
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Take your calculator and type in the number "1" and then divide that by "50" & what number do you get?

multiply the small number by 100 and divide by the larger number, . . . . . I see where I fuked up, 2% = 2/100. My bad, the decimal did me in, . . . cough. lol
 
Curious Cdn
#2012
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Speak for yourself- I can generally stumble my way through elementary arithmetic and sometimes through the theorems of Pythagoras and Euclid...…………………….so f**K off!

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical,
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted too with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news---
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus,
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous;
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's,
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parablous.
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from the Frogs of Aristophanes,
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.

Then I can write a washing bill in Balylonic cuneiform,
And tell you every detail of Caractacus's uniform;
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a chassepôt rifle from a javelin,
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery:
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy,
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee---

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
 
JLM
#2013
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical,
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted too with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news---
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus,
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous;
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's,
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parablous.
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from the Frogs of Aristophanes,
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.

Then I can write a washing bill in Balylonic cuneiform,
And tell you every detail of Caractacus's uniform;
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a chassepôt rifle from a javelin,
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery:
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy,
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee---

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.


There was another Asshole on this forum years ago with the Nom de plume of Sir Rupert Murgatroyd.
 
Curious Cdn
#2014
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There was another Asshole on this forum years ago with the Nom de plume of Sir Rupert Murgatroyd.

There was yet another senile one calling himself JLM.
 
JLM
#2015
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

There was yet another senile one calling himself JLM.


I have broad shoulders if it makes you feel better!
 
Cliffy
+1
#2016
 
JLM
#2017
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post


So where do you suggest he gets his education?
 
MHz
#2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb5HhFhNmVI
Magical Egypt

Desert regions disappear as the rains move in.
 
MHz
#2019
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

So where do you suggest he gets his education?

I know the right horse for the 'Why you should not stand behind a horse.' lesson.
 
Cliffy
#2020







 
petros
+1
#2021
Is Mama Gaia funded by US "Big Oil" like those who feed you anti-Canadian industry disinformation?
 
MHz
#2022
Just what the world needs, a supreme being who can't give us any advice other than saying, 'That didn't work out too well did it.' after the fact.
 
Danbones
#2023
Polar vortex to blast midwestern, northeastern US with extreme cold to end January

"Temperatures can be held 20 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit below normal across most of the Midwest around the middle of next week," according to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson.

Kristina Pydynowski byline
By Kristina Pydynowski, AccuWeather senior meteorologist
January 26, 2019, 4:25:50 AM EST
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...nuary/70007245
 
Curious Cdn
#2024
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Polar vortex to blast midwestern, northeastern US with extreme cold to end January
"Temperatures can be held 20 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit below normal across most of the Midwest around the middle of next week," according to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson.
Kristina Pydynowski byline
By Kristina Pydynowski, AccuWeather senior meteorologist
January 26, 2019, 4:25:50 AM EST
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...nuary/70007245

...in January, you say?

Say it ain't so, Joe!
 
Curious Cdn
#2025
Hardly a flake down along Lake Ontario.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...ter/ar-BBSM5p3

Big flake up on Georgian Bay, tho.
 
MHz
#2026
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

...in January, you say?

Say it ain't so, Joe!

Care to predict the last snowfall of the season for the place that gets snow the most often?

Arctic air is as dry as desert air.
 
Curious Cdn
#2027
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Care to predict the last snowfall of the season for the place that gets snow the most often?
Arctic air is as dry as desert air.

In Calgary?

Last snow of the season will be in May ... no, June .... err, July ... or August, September or October.
 
MHz
#2028
Eastern Canada.
 
Curious Cdn
#2029
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Eastern Canada.

Big place, this "Eastern Canada" but none of it gets snow twelve months if the year.
 
MHz
#2030
Later.
 
MHz
#2031
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ary?from7day=1


The cold air should be in Ottawa by the coming weekend, looks like it will be 'extended'.

At least the rain will stop, time to sharpen the skates to go to the store. Damn Chinooks.
 
Cliffy
#2032
 
Cliffy
#2033
 
EagleSmack
+2
#2034
Majority of Americans Unwilling to Pay $10 a Month to Address Climate Change


http://www.newsweek.com/majority-ame...change-1304048






*snicker*
 
DaSleeper
+3
#2035
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Majority of Americans Unwilling to Pay $10 a Month to Address Climate Change


http://www.newsweek.com/majority-ame...change-1304048






*snicker*

And give up my afternoon coffee at Tim Horton?


But It's too damn cold -39C to walk there to-day which is what I usually do....

Global warming?...........In your dreams
 
DaSleeper
+1
#2036
Well I walked to Timmy's.....two mile round trip.....wasn't too bad....no wind...
When I got back the city plow had dumped the usual white shit at the end of my driveway...so I got my exercise quota for to-day...
 
Cliffy
#2037
 
Cliffy
#2038
Greta Thunberg met with Jane Goodall and others in Davos, Switzerland last week. Greta was able to speak directly to global elites gathered in the Swiss Alps for the World Economic Forum (WEF), urging them to work towards meaningful climate action in order to "safeguard the future living conditions for humankind."
 
Walter
+1
#2039
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Greta is brainwashed.
 
Danbones
+2
#2040
Chicago’s record for coldest temperature ever could fall as polar vortex has city ‘in the crosshairs’

ne of the coldest air masses in years will envelop the Midwest and the Northeast this week bringing potentially life-threatening low temperatures to the Chicago area that will feel even harsher in tandem with strong winds.

In Chicago, the coldest temperatures of the year will arrive midweek. After seeing a high around 34 on Monday at O’Hare International Airport, temperatures will drop to near zero before the end of the day, according to the National Weather Service. By Tuesday night, temperatures are expected to take another plunge, to 23 below zero, flirting with Chicago’s coldest temperature ever: minus 27 on Jan. 20, 1985.

Temperatures are forecast to inch up to a daytime high of about minus 14 on Wednesday — the first subzero high temperature in five years and the coldest winter high ever recorded in Chicago — before dipping, again, to about minus 21 overnight. The coldest daytime high in Chicago was minus 11 on Christmas Eve 1983.

For younger Chicagoans, the burst of Arctic air set to overtake the city this week could be one of the coldest days of their lives. For Generation Z, this week’s predicted low temperatures have only two rivals: minus 16 on Jan. 6, 2014, and minus 19 on Feb. 3, 1996.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...127-story.html

Cold enough to freeze all the whining in the bottom of a lie barrel.
 

Similar Threads

1749
60
Global Capitalism; Greatest Scam in History
by darkbeaver | Oct 19th, 2018
2910