The End of the Grizzly Hunt is Nigh


MHz
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

You should see them destroy the pickeral up north here, its sickening...

Never been to the Grand Banks have you? If you want to see a fishing ground exploited and ruined that is the place to go.
 
Johnnny
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Who can get the better/closer picture AND survive. Thats a sport. That'd show who had the biggest cajones. Killing something from a distance that had no real chance and that your not going to eat is retarded and pitiful.

You have to understand also Twila that the regular Canadians that hunt and fish are reason why we have such a strong habitat conservation culture in this country. Anglers and hunters provide more money for habitat conservation than the government does. City folk need to understand this.
 
petros
+1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

That's the way to go man.

I hear too that the synthetic trophies they have for fishing look just as real as the"stuffed" fish done by taxidermists.

Hey, they have been foam wrapped fibreglass airbrushing colour patterns for a long time.
 
Johnnny
+2
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hey, they have been foam wrapped fibreglass airbrushing colour patterns for a long time.

True.

And taxidermist, now there is a trade thats going extinct.

My old man is one of a handful of people left in Sudbury that can competently do it still. I tried to "stuff" a perch once and safe to say it looked like an abortion so i never tried again, lol.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

You have to understand also Twila that the regular Canadians that hunt and fish are reason why we have such a strong habitat conservation culture in this country. Anglers and hunters provide more money for habitat conservation than the government does. City folk need to understand this.

They never will understand how much Hunters give back and respect Nature
 
petros
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

They never will understand how much Hunters give back and respect Nature

I'm an active DU member with designated marsh and river acres.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

True.

And taxidermist, now there is a trade thats going extinct.

My old man is one of a handful of people left in Sudbury that can competently do it still. I tried to "stuff" a perch once and safe to say it looked like an abortion so i never tried again, lol.

This is today's trophy.

Wollaston Lake Fish Catches at The Luxury Fishing Lodge - WollastonLakeLodge.com | Wollaston

 
Johnnny
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'm an active DU member with designated marsh and river acres.



This is today's trophy.

Wollaston Lake Fish Catches at The Luxury Fishing Lodge - WollastonLakeLodge.com | Wollaston

That 89 lb Monster laker on the wall at Robertsons in La Ronge should be a national treasure, lol.
 
petros
#38
There was a massive 100lb lake trout caught in athabasca by injun nets but was lost in a fire at the museum in Regina

Screw Coho.

Saskatchewan trout are true trophies of the salmonid.



Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

That 89 lb Monster laker on the wall at Robertsons in La Ronge should be a national treasure, lol.

The whole store is a treasure.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#39
To Petros I'm no Duck's unlimited member or any member of any conservation group, our family farm and hunt we section of key areas of the farm for wildlife and have at least 200 acres in tame hay planted in these areas. We also limit the hunting to them, the bad winters we feed the Deer, Elk, Moose, etc. even though there are restrictions against it a 25% winter loss is not acceptable in our books
 
bill barilko
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

You do realise that a lot of people do eat Bear meat....

No they don't I know dozens & dozens of people who hunt and none eat Bear or Cougar.

The Simple Fact is that the Grizzly Hunt is Over except for the crying.
 
petros
+1
#41
2010 was horrific on deer. I don't bale or have any hay but donated barley for SWF feeding stations.
 
Twin_Moose
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

No they don't I know dozens & dozens of people who hunt and none eat Bear or Cougar.

The Simple Fact is that the Grizzly Hunt is Over except for the crying.

A lot of people eat Bear meat you just didn't find any yet is all, the taste and texture is like pork a little sweeter and greasier, the big turn off is they look human after being skinned. Asian's like saving the gull bladder as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

2010 was horrific on deer. I don't bale or have any hay but donated barley for SWF feeding stations.

Our area got hit hard almost 50-60% winter kill, tough time keeping the wolves away from feed sites, they didn't help matters either.
Last edited by Twin_Moose; Jul 26th, 2017 at 02:37 PM..Reason: spelling
 
petros
#43
We don't have wolf issues yet but they are coming. I've shot enough coyote to kick the door open for wolves and fox.
 
MHz
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

You have to understand also Twila that the regular Canadians that hunt and fish are reason why we have such a strong habitat conservation culture in this country. Anglers and hunters provide more money for habitat conservation than the government does. City folk need to understand this.

They also destroy a lot of stuff that the taxpayer ends up fixing.

Perhaps it is time to reinstall the human hunt, or send the hunters in where the hunted have a shot at being the hunters themselves.
[youtube]YYfgF6fPK9k[/youtube]
 

Similar Threads

17
Bill Nye: The End of Creationism is Nigh
by mentalfloss | Oct 7th, 2014
4
12
Project Grizzly
by DurkaDurka | Sep 16th, 2011
1
Ye ende of ye worlde is nigh!
by Blackleaf | Jul 27th, 2007