Oh Danny Boy

TenPenny
Oh Danny boy, your pipes, your pipes are clogging
From stem to stern, and down the legs both sides
Blood pressureís up, cholesterol is building
'Tis you, 'tis you must go away stateside.
But come ye back when surgeryís over
Somewhere south, the wait listís short
'Tis I'll be here in ER waiting room
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danny Williams, enjoy your speedy recovery in the US!

mt_pockets1000
You sound a little off key. Hit autotune.

eh1eh
Canadian health care a wee bit lacking for the down 'homer eh?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Canadian health care a wee bit lacking for the down 'homer eh?

Sometimes when you have a serious condition you get scared and when you are scared you don't like long waiting lists and when your procedure is postponed a couple of times you get frustrated.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Sometimes when you have a serious condition you get scared and when you are scared you don't like long waiting lists and when your procedure is postponed a couple of times you get frustrated.

Indeed and bumping the queue here would be an even bigger PR blunder for the gentleman.

mt_pockets1000
Waiting lists and postponements are hardly exclusive to NL.

Lets hope for a quick and speedy recovery Mr. Williams.

TenPenny
Sometimes, when you've treated all the medical professionals like ****, you're better off not letting them cut you open.

I do like the idea that there's one set of rules for ordinary folks, and a different set for politicians.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Sometimes, when you've treated all the medical professionals like ****, you're better off not letting them cut you open.

I do like the idea that there's one set of rules for ordinary folks, and a different set for politicians.

Indeed indeed. Doncha love it.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

On the flip side, if you can afford to jump to a different queue some ordinary person might thank you for allowing him to advance.

relic
Free Thinker
I notice all you goomers are from upper Canada or west,how many of your premiers work for no pay ??I'm pretty sure Danny's paying for this himself so he can do what the hell he pleases.Show me another premier,of any stripe that has half the balls Mr Williams has !

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

I notice all you goomers are from upper Canada or west

I notice you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

mt_pockets1000

Show me another premier,of any stripe that has half the balls Mr Williams has !

I heard Danny is having an extra set installed while he's at it. Look out when he returns.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by mt_pockets1000 View Post

I heard Danny is having an extra set installed while he's at it. Look out when he returns.

Yeah, as long as the rest of Canada pays for it, he's fine.

Like a loudmouth teenager, who still gets his allowance from Dad.

mt_pockets1000

Or if the procedure is not available in the province you're better off not letting any surgeon with a scalpel cut you open.

Williams seeks heart surgery in U.S. because it is not available in N.L. - Yahoo! Canada News

mt_pockets1000

Yeah, as long as the rest of Canada pays for it, he's fine.

I assume you have inside information on this. Care to share?

TenPenny

I assume you have inside information on this. Care to share?

You're having a little trouble with your sarcasm detector, aren't you? I assume you're ready to lick those extra balls that your favorite boytoy gets.

TenPenny

Or if the procedure is not available in the province you're better off not letting any surgeon with a scalpel cut you open.

Williams seeks heart surgery in U.S. because it is not available in N.L. - Yahoo! Canada News

But oddly enough, other Newfoundland residents don't get flown to the US, they get flown to Halifax and Saint John.

But I forgot, Danny is God.

Mr Harper, send him another equalization payment!

mt_pockets1000

You're having a little trouble with your sarcasm detector, aren't you? I assume you're ready to lick those extra balls that your favorite boytoy gets.

Man, the level of debate and discussion has really sunk to a new low. Now go back to your sandbox and play nice with the other kids.

mt_pockets1000

But oddly enough, other Newfoundland residents don't get flown to the US, they get flown to Halifax and Saint John.

But I forgot, Danny is God.

Mr Harper, send him another equalization payment!

And what the heck do you care about the residents of Newfoundland. Don't you have a perpetual hate on for anyone on the island?
Danny is not God, but he's as close as your gonna get.

Walter
Williams is a very wealthy man, so if he can get the work done more quickly at his own expense, more power to him. This move shortens the queue in Canuckistan. God speed, Danny.

Mowich
Conservative

Oh Danny boy, your pipes, your pipes are clogging
From stem to stern, and down the legs both sides
Blood pressureís up, cholesterol is building
'Tis you, 'tis you must go away stateside.
But come ye back when surgeryís over
Somewhere south, the wait listís short
'Tis I'll be here in ER waiting room
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danny Williams, enjoy your speedy recovery in the US!

I was more than a little surprised to read this in the G&M this morning. Wonder how the folks back home are feeling about Danny running off to the good ole US of A for heart surgery.

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Indeed and bumping the queue here would be an even bigger PR blunder for the gentleman.

Good point.

Mowich
Conservative

I notice all you goomers are from upper Canada or west,how many of your premiers work for no pay ??I'm pretty sure Danny's paying for this himself so he can do what the hell he pleases.Show me another premier,of any stripe that has half the balls Mr Williams has !

Spoken like a true Nova Scotian.

talloola
No Party Affiliation

and when that happens, go and have the procedure where
ever the heck you want, that is your preogative.
If you have the money to pay the bill, it is your business,
doesn't matter who you are.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

and when that happens, go and have the procedure where
ever the heck you want, that is your preogative.
If you have the money to pay the bill, it is your business,
doesn't matter who you are.

That's the way I see it.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

That's the way I see it.

My, aren't we agreeable this morning. How'sit hangin' in the Okanagan this fine morning?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

My, aren't we agreeable this morning. How'sit hangin' in the Okanagan this fine morning?

It's still pretty dark out here yet, Cliff, so I haven't been outside to check. I generally try to start the day off being agreeable (at least until 5 or 6 AM) before I run into someone who p*sses me off. Unfortunately I already ran into one of our "favourite posters" already this morning........................

missile
Conservative
Over 200 Ontario residents have been sent to the US for certain medical procedures that aren't available here,so its only Danny's high profile that has caused this controversy. For example,my sister has had her knees worked over in a NY hospital on the Medicare dime & she has no money at all.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by missile View Post

Over 200 Ontario residents have been sent to the US for certain medical procedures that aren't available here,so its only Danny's high profile that has caused this controversy. For example,my sister has had her knees worked over in a NY hospital on the Medicare dime & she has no money at all.

Well, well.

Walter
Danny's made news in the States.