What's Trump Done Now?

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ye gotta cut Smack some slack. The marines did a number on his cognitive abilities.

not slaggen him.

I'm simply enjoying the show...with some popcorn 'tis all.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

not slaggen him.

I'm simply enjoying the show...with some popcorn 'tis all.

What's in the popcorn?

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What's in the popcorn?

it's an peaches and cream non gmo, organic, vegan, with organic butter churned in a re-cycled up-cycled fair traded fast growing sustainable and organic bamboo from dairy cattle who are humanely raised and seasoned with himalyan pink salt harvested using fair trade practices in a sustainable way which encourages the whole community to think beyond their borders and what they can do to help the world and it's global community.

Nice, hey? Want some? I have napkins too.

EagleSmack
+1
So easy to trigger the libs these days.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

it's an peaches and cream non gmo, organic, vegan, with organic butter churned in a re-cycled up-cycled fair traded fast growing sustainable and organic bamboo from dairy cattle who are humanely raised and seasoned with himalyan pink salt harvested using fair trade practices in a sustainable way which encourages the whole community to think beyond their borders and what they can do to help the world and it's global community.

Nice, hey? Want some? I have napkins too.

Dang, must take you hours to prepare it. I just slap some canola oil and a little salt maybe along with some cayenne pepper. Done.

Twila

Dang, must take you hours to prepare it. I just slap some canola oil and a little salt maybe along with some cayenne pepper. Done.

just trying to do my part.

I do enjoy garlic powder sprinkled on too. I'm thinking of infusing some clarified butter with fresh garlic and seeing how that'll taste.

cayenne pepper sounds good too...

Walter
Beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EiV4DeGxXg

White_Unifier
Walter, I feel ignored without a reddie.

Tecumsehsbones
"Trump lacks conviction, knowledge and the ability to persuade. Other than that, he is Ronald Reagan incarnate."

-- Conservative Republican columnist Michael Gerson

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Walter, I feel ignored without a reddie.

You're looking at the much improved edition of Walter. I used to get "reds" from him all the time but now I hardly ever see one since he came around to my way of thinking.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

"Trump lacks conviction, knowledge and the ability to persuade. Other than that, he is Ronald Reagan incarnate."

-- Conservative Republican columnist Michael Gerson

He's really that close to being "ga-ga"?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He's really that close to being "ga-ga"?

"These guys are f*cking retarded! They brought their toys!"

-- Paul Newman, Slap Shot

Curious Cdn
Conservative
"Old time hockey!!..

... Eddie Shore!"

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
I'm thinking Trump might emerge as a bit of a saviour at this G 20 Conference. Time will tell!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'm thinking Trump might emerge as a bit of a saviour at this G 20 Conference. Time will tell!

Savour of what? No one wants to talk to him.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Savour of what? No one wants to talk to him.

Don't kid yourself - Justin will talk to him in a Hollywood minute as will Theresa May.

tay
Trump Just Redefined Western Values Around Faith, Not Democracy

In a speech to cheering crowds in Warsaw on Thursday, Trump described the West’s values in terms of religion and culture and called for the defense of its civilization against radical Islam. It amounted to a manifesto for his foreign-policy vision.

The address included repeated invocations of God, faith, tradition, national sovereignty and family. It made only passing reference to what are usually cited as core Western values: the rule of law, democracy and freedom of speech. Religious tolerance did not get a mention.

“The people of Poland, the people of America, and the people of Europe still cry out ‘We want God,’’’ said Trump. “We put faith and family, not government and bureaucracy, at the center of our lives.’’

It’s an outlook fervently shared by the president’s hosts, Poland’s Law & Justice Party. Last year, Polish President Andrzei Duda took part in a religious ceremony that officially recognized Jesus as the King of Poland. And the worldview Trump outlined in Warsaw also chimes with that of his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. The two leaders will meet for the first time on Friday at a summit of the Group of 20 major economies in Hamburg.

But while popular among eastern Europe’s conservatives, Trump’s reinterpretation of Western values will set him further apart from more liberal G-20 leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel, already alienated by the president’s opposition to climate-change targets and free-trade agreements.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-not-democracy

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Well, to be fair, the West has had religion from the git-go. Democracy, even in its current deeply imperfect form, is a recent development.

Probably just a fad.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

In a speech to cheering crowds in Warsaw on Thursday, Trump described the West’s values in terms of religion and culture and called for the defense of its civilization against radical Islam. It amounted to a manifesto for his foreign-policy vision.

Christ, I doubt the Dumpster could be much more two-faced if he tried. He is about as much a Christian as I am. And I gave up reading the Bible when I reached Leviticus. I wonder who actually wrote that rubbish for him. I'm quite certain if he was asked to explain it he probably couldn't.

Walter
Draining the VA swamp.
You're Fired: Trump Administration Axed Over 500 'Misbehaving' Veterans Affairs Workers Since January
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...irs-w-n2351909

coldstream
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

The address included repeated invocations of God, faith, tradition, national sovereignty and family. It made only passing reference to what are usually cited as core Western values: the rule of law, democracy and freedom of speech. Religious tolerance did not get a mention.

“The people of Poland, the people of America, and the people of Europe still cry out ‘We want God,’’’ said Trump. “We put faith and family, not government and bureaucracy, at the center of our lives.’’

It’s an outlook fervently shared by the president’s hosts, Poland’s Law & Justice Party. Last year, Polish President Andrzei Duda took part in a religious ceremony that officially recognized Jesus as the King of Poland. And the worldview Trump outlined in Warsaw also chimes with that of his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. The two leaders will meet for the first time on Friday at a summit of the Group of 20 major economies in Hamburg.

But while popular among eastern Europe’s conservatives, Trump’s reinterpretation of Western values will set him further apart from more liberal G-20 leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel, already alienated by the president’s opposition to climate-change targets and free-trade agreements.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-not-democracy

Good for Trump. Essentially he is the one Western Leader who realizes the the Western Civilization is founded on and defined by Christianity. In fact it used to be called Christendom. If it loses that in favour of the desolate moral relativism, radical individualism and pervasive pessimism of the New Age it will lose it sustaining Civilizational impulse.

This view defines Trump's political character in championing the moral nation state in comparison to the amoral global free market empire in economics and ideas. It defines his opposition to pseudo religions like the pagan spiritualism embraced by radical, rabidly anti-human environmentalism and in support of Real Science above the superstition on which things like AGW are founded. Also to the Culture of Death espoused by atheistic, anti-family and post structural causes of feminism, euthenasia and homosexuality.

It's impressive to see him stand 19 to 1 against the cult of fragmentation that has enshrowded the West, in the ideological fraud and fabricated crisis of AGW. And stands like a leader of vision, integrity, grit and moral sense in comparison to, say, our squalid, passive, submissive, drooling little fart of Prime Minister, Justin. He is an embarrassment even with in the tawdry quality of Western leaders like Macron and Merkel.
Last edited by coldstream; Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:48 PM..

tay
AH yes, the art of the deal........

Donald Trump's second foreign trip is going as well as you thought it would. Even though his first stop is in Trump-friendly Poland, he has still managed to embarrass the United States with his billionaire, fifth-grader slam poetry.

For example, during a joint press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda, Trump stepped in it with several ignorant remarks about energy exports to the Eastern-European nation. During his opening remarks, Trump joked that the United States should somehow influence pricing for Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) exports:
Maybe we can get your price up a little bit, but that's okay. He's a tough negotiator.
We can enter a contract within the next 15 minutes. Do you have anybody available to negotiate?
Moments later, President Duda corrected Trump, informing him and the entire world that contracts for LNG imports are negotiated between companies, not governments:
It is not the president of the United States and the president of Poland who are going to sign the long-term contract for LNG gas deliveries to Poland. But the contract will be signed by companies, by a Polish company and an American company.
Trump's failure to grasp even the simplest of governing principles is a frightening enough prospect when he's on American soil, but this display of ignorance before the entire world becomes downright terrifying when you consider the less-friendly leaders he will be meeting later in the week. Maybe he can get President Duda to come along and coach him.

video

ijr.com/...

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Sorry, but the above is not true.

It is expected that the TTIP trade deal between the U.S. and Europe opens up access to cheap American natural gas, which allow Europe to diversify its supply base, but may threaten the Renewable Energy transition.
Currently, Europe's main natural gas supplier is Russia.[citation needed] Major pipelines pass through Ukraine and there have been several disputes on the supply and transition prices between Ukraine and Russia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_prices

..and who negotiates things like TTIP deals?

"...Why doesn't Trump like these deals?

Although Trump’s policy statements have been, at best, contradictory, he has been consistent in his opposition to TPP. "There is no way to fix the TTP," the president-elect said in June.

By extension, he is also deeply critical of TTIP and is widely expected to either ditch the deal or renegotiate the trade deal."

FAQ | What is TTIP?
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership - or TTIP - is a proposed trade deal being thrashed out between the US and EU. The first official round of talks began in 2013.

TTIP is intended to bring about lower trade tariffs, and to reduce regulatory barriers that make trade between the US and the EU more costly than it need be.
What's the difference between TTIP and TPP and why does Donald Trump want them scrapped?
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 8th, 2017 at 03:23 PM..

Cliffy
Free Thinker
[youtube]0kiVjtH7w8w[/youtube]

Walter
He just did something BHO would never do.
Trump puts hat on Marine after wind carries it away | TheHill

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Chris Uhlmann, the political editor of the government-funded Australian Broadcasting Corporation, described Trump as “isolated and friendless” at the G20 leaders’ summit, and said his disastrous foreign policy had “pressed fast-forward on the decline of the United States”.
The analysis, delivered on the ABC’s political program Insiders, has been viewed thousands of times around the world, and astonished American political commentators.

Speaking on Sunday from the G20 conference in Hamburg, Uhlmann said Trump had shown “no desire and no capacity to lead the world” and was himself “the biggest threat to the values of the west”.

“He was an uneasy, lonely, awkward figure at this gathering and you got the strong sense that some of the leaders are trying to find the best way to work around him,” Uhlmann said.
“Where was the G20 statement condemning North Korea which would have put pressure on China and Russia? Other leaders expected it, they were prepared to back it, but it never came.”
Uhlmann said Trump was obsessed with “burnishing his celebrity” and had “diminished” his own nation to the benefit of Russia and China.
“We learned that Donald Trump has pressed fast-forward on the decline of the United States as a global leader. He managed to isolate his nation, to confuse and alienate his allies and to diminish America.

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/biggest-threat-to-the-west-australian-journalist-demolishes-trump-after-g20

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Chris Uhlmann, the political editor of the government-funded Australian Broadcasting Corporation, described Trump as “isolated and friendless” at the G20 leaders’ summit, and said his disastrous foreign policy had “pressed fast-forward on the decline of the United States”.
The analysis, delivered on the ABC’s political program Insiders, has been viewed thousands of times around the world, and astonished American political commentators.

Speaking on Sunday from the G20 conference in Hamburg, Uhlmann said Trump had shown “no desire and no capacity to lead the world” and was himself “the biggest threat to the values of the west”.

“He was an uneasy, lonely, awkward figure at this gathering and you got the strong sense that some of the leaders are trying to find the best way to work around him,” Uhlmann said.
“Where was the G20 statement condemning North Korea which would have put pressure on China and Russia? Other leaders expected it, they were prepared to back it, but it never came.”
Uhlmann said Trump was obsessed with “burnishing his celebrity” and had “diminished” his own nation to the benefit of Russia and China.
“We learned that Donald Trump has pressed fast-forward on the decline of the United States as a global leader. He managed to isolate his nation, to confuse and alienate his allies and to diminish America.

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/biggest-threat-to-the-west-australian-journalist-demolishes-trump-after-g20

So even Australian journalists hate Trump , what else is new ?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Donald Trump and the decline of the West: Ten thousand years of civilization and we end up with this guy?

In trying to reckon with Donald Trump’s bizarre speech in Poland on Thursday, which was among the most troubling events of his troubling presidency, I couldn’t help thinking about Mahatma Gandhi’s supposed quip when asked by a British reporter what he thought of Western civilization: He thought it sounded like a good idea. As with so many famous quotations, the story is almost certainly apocryphal: It did not appear anywhere until almost 20 years after Gandhi’s death. But it endures for a reason, because it reflects the profound ambivalence and self-regard that lie at the very heart of the Western intellectual tradition.
President Trump professes no such ambivalence. He apparently thinks Western civilization is a good idea too, although it’s by no means clear what he thinks he means by that term and he is constitutionally incapable of irony or double meaning. Various commentators, including Salon’s Amanda Marcotte, have already pointed out that the propagandistic mishmash Trump delivered in Warsaw was aimed as usual at his most virulent supporters, and channeled a current of racism and white nationalism so overt it can hardly be called subtext.
In this context, “Western civilization” presumably means the culture of white people in Europe and North America, as if that could be described as one coherent and continuous phenomenon, and as if any of those terms could be clearly defined. On one hand, Trump is deploying a false and dangerous form of mythology for narrow-minded, present-tense political purposes. (Breaking news, I know!)
Of course he doesn’t understand anything about the long and complicated legacy of what is conventionally called Western civilization, and if he did he would be against it. Trump’s self-appointed status as defender of the West is primarily about excluding or vilifying Muslims and other immigrant groups, and secondarily about marginalizing those Westerners who believe that pluralism and cultural diversity are in fact central values of our civilization (at least in its better moments).

Donald Trump and the decline of the West: Ten thousand years of civilization and we end up with this guy? - Salon.com

petros
+1
That's racist.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1