Charles Manson music to be released on vinyl

Locutus
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
An independent record store owner is preparing to release a record of largely unheard Charles Manson songs, after running a successful online fundraising campaign to sponsor the effort. "Be a part of history, help spread the music of Charles Manson," Manuel Vasquez wrote on the project's Kickstarter page. "This project is not about death, drugs,1969, etc... It is about MUSIC."

Vasquez, 26, says he plans to issue 999 vinyl pressings of the songs, which were recorded by Manson in prison. Manson, 77, is serving a life sentence for conspiracy in connection to the murders of Sharon Tate and Leno and Rosemary LaBianca. The leader of the infamous Manson Family reportedly gave his personal blessing to Vasquez's effort but will not receive any proceeds from the sales.

"I've gotten some hate mail from it," Vasquez told the Los Angeles Times. "There are people not appreciating the release of music by him. People say they don't understand why I'd want to associate myself with this or why I would be interested in releasing it."

more

Album of Charles Manson music to be released on vinyl after Kickstarter campaign | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Keep an open mind kids.

For example...

Garbage Dump - Charlie Manson - YouTube

MapleDog
My mind is open,its my ears that just closed.

WLDB
Ive heard he was pretty decent when it comes to music. Neil Young apparently liked it from what I read. That was before Manson went off and started his little cult though.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Ive heard he was pretty decent when it comes to music.

I'm hoping you're saying this because you didn't play the YouTube video.

If you have, and you're still saying it, I have to admit.

I fear you a little.

damngrumpy
When something is really crazy I always ask this question.

"What's wrong with this picture Mr.Manson?"

MapleDog
Time to terrorize CC.
Ha! La politique Normand L'Amour - YouTube

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

I'm hoping you're saying this because you didn't play the YouTube video.

If you have, and you're still saying it, I have to admit.

I fear you a little.

haha he seems to be no worse than that "Friday" girl from last year or Justin Bieber lyrically.

SLM

haha he seems to be no worse than that "Friday" girl from last year or Justin Bieber lyrically.

Have you ever met a Justin Bieber fan????

Positively terrifying!

Nuggler
+1
...........Holy crap!!

I'm just on tenterhooks waiting for the music to come out.....................Or would be if Chuckie had his way, probably.

We do have to remember (do we?) that Chuck never actually killed anyone. And , he was (probably) abused as a kid.......

Sing me.............another sad song..........

All together now class..................... F U C K I N G M E D IA H Y P E.......

YAY????

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Have you ever met a Justin Bieber fan????

Positively terrifying!

I actually found out the other day that one of my friends likes him. She's in her mid 20s too. I dont get it. Young teen girls liking him I can understand. Young teenagers of both sexes tend to like the big pop star of the day, but adults? So strange. As they say, there's no accounting for taste.

MapleDog

I actually found out the other day that one of my friends likes him. She's in her mid 20s too. I dont get it. Young teen girls liking him I can understand. Young teenagers of both sexes tend to like the big pop star of the day, but adults? So strange. As they say, there's no accounting for taste.

Fans come from all age groups,i'm sure there are 40 something women who likes/love him,and possibly a few older that 60 or 70.

shadowshiv
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

An independent record store owner is preparing to release a record of largely unheard Charles Manson songs, after running a successful online fundraising campaign to sponsor the effort. "Be a part of history, help spread the music of Charles Manson," Manuel Vasquez wrote on the project's Kickstarter page. "This project is not about death, drugs,1969, etc... It is about MUSIC."

Vasquez, 26, says he plans to issue 999 vinyl pressings of the songs, which were recorded by Manson in prison. Manson, 77, is serving a life sentence for conspiracy in connection to the murders of Sharon Tate and Leno and Rosemary LaBianca. The leader of the infamous Manson Family reportedly gave his personal blessing to Vasquez's effort but will not receive any proceeds from the sales.

"I've gotten some hate mail from it," Vasquez told the Los Angeles Times. "There are people not appreciating the release of music by him. People say they don't understand why I'd want to associate myself with this or why I would be interested in releasing it."

more

Album of Charles Manson music to be released on vinyl after Kickstarter campaign | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Keep an open mind kids.

For example...

Garbage Dump - Charlie Manson - YouTube

I don't care if he says it's "about the music". The fact of the matter is that Charles Manson is a monster, and he doesn't deserve any recognition for anything that he does outside of the fact that he IS a monster. I would rather use money as toilet paper to wipe my ass than waste it on something like fundraising his "music".

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by MapleDog View Post

Fans come from all age groups,i'm sure there are 40 something women who likes/love him,and possibly a few older that 60 or 70.

Possible. One of my friends said she saw an elderly couple at a Backstreet Boys concert. She said they seemed to be having a really good time.