Canada needs a new northern coast to coast rail line for mass immigration and agricul

French Patriot
Canada needs a new northern coast to coast rail line for mass immigration and agriculture.

http://bigthink.com/stephen-johnson/15000-scientists-from-around-the-world-issue-warning-to-humanity?utm_source=Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign= 816188a80c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_14&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_45b26faecc-816188a80c-43589329

Global climate change is pushing Canada’s tree line northwards.

Mass immigration and Canada becoming the bread basket of the future world should prompt us to take advantage of this trend by building a modern rail system to what will be the new breadbasket below the new predictable tree line.

New mass immigration will give us the manpower required to do this and we owe it to the world to get going on this ASAP.

To not do so invites the vast numbers of future immigrant to find other places to live and that means a lot of war and unrest.

Canada already has a system in place that guarantees that corn produces will sell their produce to Canada so as to increase our biofuel production.

It may sound corny but we should plan to grow a vast amount of corn along a new northern rail line that goes coast to coast. This would also help in our transporting crude oil by rail as Canadians do not want pipelines.

We should act now and not wait till people start killing each other is those areas that will face desertification. We can save lot of people from a lot of hardship if we start now as desertification has already started.

Do you have any corny thoughts?

Regards
DL

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Canada HAD 3 transcontinental rail lines across the north - until business ethic and the need for greater profit killed them in favour of 2 through Toronto

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Canada HAD 3 transcontinental rail lines across the north - until business ethic and the need for greater profit killed them in favour of 2 through Toronto

That was the past.

I am thinking of the future, saving lives and Canada playing a necessary part in creating solutions to desertification and climate change as well as solving the pipeline problem.

We are talking a potential of hundreds of million of people who will need homes and food and imagine how good that will be for the Canadian economy if we plan carefully.

Regards
DL

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by French Patriot View Post

That was the past.

I am thinking of the future, saving lives and Canada playing a necessary part in creating solutions to desertification and climate change as well as solving the pipeline problem.

We are talking a potential of hundreds of million of people who will need homes and food and imagine how good that will be for the Canadian economy if we plan carefully.

Regards
DL

WHo pays? That is why the previous northern rail lines closed. Not financially viable. Now if you could put a couple of thousand oil tankers on those rails it might be worthwhile.

petros
+2
Ever seen a tree on the northern side of the boreal. They are 150 years old but only 12ft tall.

lone wolf
Free Thinker

That was the past.

Regards
DL

So do you want to discuss ... or dispute?

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

WHo pays? That is why the previous northern rail lines closed. Not financially viable. Now if you could put a couple of thousand oil tankers on those rails it might be worthwhile.

That is the plan as well corn and processed biofuel thanks to the Canadian government guarantee to buy corn.

A combination of labor intensive farming and a high technology magnetic rail system that most countries are planning to go to.

I see this as a good way to get ahead or keep up with the mass immigrants who will be looking for a viable and sustainable life and a new home.

Megaprojects like what I envisage does not cost, it pays. We should take advantage of global climate change and not just be victimized by it.

We have the land and a needy people and should take advantage of both those primary conditions.

It would also bring benefits to our native populations that are presently living in hardship and poverty.

We are the new frontier and there is yellow corn gold as well as black gold in them there hills, --- if we put it in the ground for the taking and provide the rails to haul it out on.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Ever seen a tree on the northern side of the boreal. They are 150 years old but only 12ft tall.

Irrelevant to the planting of corn in a warming environment.

Just the harvesting of those trees will provide the capital to help fund the next wave of Canadian expansion northwards.

Regards
DL

taxslave
Free Thinker
How about we just cut immigration and not worry about it.

Hoid
The climate is moving the corn growing belt north.

Unfortunately the soils that are north are not very good for corn. There is a going to be an issue in production of corn.

If you took the same amount of money and built light rail systems into our major cities you would achieve far greater benefits.

French Patriot

So do you want to discuss ... or dispute?

I am here to sell an idea.

I am ready to deal with objection to the sale, but you would have to consider the humanitarian aspect and the saving of lives and futures of the millions that will be affected by forced immigration and I do not know what kind of price tag you can put on that or the benefits to the Canadian reputation of being the salvation for millions.

We are the frontier and as in the past, must open our doors to all comers.

Regards
DL

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+4
#11  Top Rated Post
Growing corn for fuel while bringing in "hundreds of millions" of hungry immigrants doesn't make a lot of sense does it - unless you're into Soylent Green

petros
+2

Irrelevant to the planting of corn in a warming environment.

Just the harvesting of those trees will provide the capital to help fund the next wave of Canadian expansion northwards.

Regards
DL

So you think you can get corn to grow in 6 weeks?

French Patriot

How about we just cut immigration and not worry about it.

We live in a consumer economy. What is wrong with increasing our consumer base to at least the size of the U.S. if not more?

The U.S. will be affected in a huge way by desertification and many of those will be looking for a home in Canada as well.

Canada can lead the world in humanitarian efforts to displaced people, and profit by it, and to not do so would be insane.

Regards
DL

petros
+1
No more IPCC doomsday pulp for you!

Growing corn for fuel while bringing in "hundreds of millions" of hungry immigrants doesn't make a lot of sense does it - unless you're into Soylent Green

The mash that remains from making ethanol is high protein cattle feed but it would never work as a main soufce of energy.

Hoid
The World has had nothing but success dealing with displaced peoples.

Look at Israel. If we could just duplicate that success everywhere that'd be great.

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The climate is moving the corn growing belt north.

Unfortunately the soils that are north are not very good for corn. There is a going to be an issue in production of corn.

If you took the same amount of money and built light rail systems into our major cities you would achieve far greater benefits.

Our coastal cities are going to drown and you want to put in what will just flood out. Those cities can barely keep up with infrastructure costs now and you want to add more.

I do not see that as a viable option.

I do see a viable option in building small towns and medium size cities following a new railroad in our warming north, as well as the benefits to natives who are presently in need and will cost us a lot of tax dollars to sustain on the dole. Better to have employed bunch of immigrants and native paying taxes than on the dole.

Remember that, like many natives, the immigrant education levels will not be high and having many labor intensive jobs will provide better education for the next generation in both of those camps.

I see a win win win situation that we can create should we decide to do so.

It sure beats our having to sell our goods to countries like the Philippines where they murder drug addicts, which is a medical condition.

Regards
DL

Corn is not a good source of nutrition and most farms that I have seen have a separate crop of edibles for home use.

Today, I imagine, what, one out of 10 of the farms would be assigned to grow edible crops which are definitely superior to cattle corn.

Not to mention hemp orchards, as that is a plant that can be used to manufacture all kinds of products as well as pot greenhouses that will supply a growing world demand as the benefits list continues to grow.

We should rush a bit to get the rail line and farms started as I do not know how many years we have left before the environment goes to hell and our infrastructure costs skyrocket due to having to save our waterfront cities from the effects of climate change and sea level rise.

Regards
DL

So you think you can get corn to grow in 6 weeks?

Did I say that?

No I did not.

We have tons of land before the tundra begins. Come south a bit if you are going to try to estimate growing time in an environment whose temperature we do not even know yet.

I also recognize that an environmental study would have to be done to decide just how high the new rail line should be. At present, I do not know how many mines would open in the north once a transportation system opens up the north to prospecting and mining. What was not viable in the past will become viable when the trains start to run.

Regards
DL

No more IPCC doomsday pulp for you!

The mash that remains from making ethanol is high protein cattle feed but it would never work as a main soufce of energy.

Watch the movie Cowspiracy. Cows should be outlawed in Canada as they are a major factor in pollution and cause more problem than they are worth. Further, most immigrant are not cattle eaters. They are into goats, pigs and sheep.

Regards
DL

Look at Israel. If we could just duplicate that success everywhere that'd be great.

???

Stealing your neighbors land is hardly what the victim of that thief would call a success.

Regards
DL

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Corn may not be the best source of nutrition - agreed. Corn is not the only agricultural commodity - but ALL will be competing for space with all those immigrants

petros
+3

Yeah look at Israel then look next door to Jordan where Palestinian DPs live in a refugee camp.

What a stellar success!

I'd hate to see what you consider a failure.

French Patriot

Corn may not be the best source of nutrition - agreed. Corn is not the only agricultural commodity - but ALL will be competing for space with all those immigrants

True. The corn will just be a guaranteed cash crop used to start things up. I cannot predict which foods will be required world wide as desertification shuts down some of the banana republics. If it gets warm enough in some of our weather troughs, we might see some coffee or fruit plantations pop us. Meat, especially beef consumption will go down due to water shortages and more vegetable and fruit crops will be required in our growing world population.

In the long run, biofuel consumption might go down and a mono crop might not last forever. That will be a government decision.

Regards
DL

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -2
What it needs right now pronto is a rail line into Churchill MB. Why the f**king dithering? Trudeau should be compiling a list of contractors and a list of required materials and sources THIS MORNING! That whole f**king Parliament Hill should be renamed O of I...........................Office of Idiots!

There is no better reason in the country to borrow money!

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

What it needs right now pronto is a rail line into Churchill MB. Why the f**king dithering? Trudeau should be compiling a list of contractors and a list of required materials and sources THIS MORNING! That whole f**king Parliament Hill should be renamed O of I...........................Office of Idiots!

There is no better reason in the country to borrow money!

Churchill line is a winter only line. To make it year round would require pushing pilings to the bedrock.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Churchill line is a winter only line. To make it year round would require pushing pilings to the bedrock.

Was that line not in use in the summer? Anyway push the pilings to the bedrock.......................sounds like what should have been done in the first place. It's Canada's only northern port until one is built at Tuk.

taxslave
Free Thinker

We live in a consumer economy. What is wrong with increasing our consumer base to at least the size of the U.S. if not more?

The U.S. will be affected in a huge way by desertification and many of those will be looking for a home in Canada as well.

Canada can lead the world in humanitarian efforts to displaced people, and profit by it, and to not do so would be insane.

Regards
DL

Since Canada is not warming up any it will never be able to have the population the US does. Try iceland.

Our coastal cities are going to drown and you want to put in what will just flood out. Those cities can barely keep up with infrastructure costs now and you want to add more.

I do not see that as a viable option.

I do see a viable option in building small towns and medium size cities following a new railroad in our warming north, as well as the benefits to natives who are presently in need and will cost us a lot of tax dollars to sustain on the dole. Better to have employed bunch of immigrants and native paying taxes than on the dole.

Remember that, like many natives, the immigrant education levels will not be high and having many labor intensive jobs will provide better education for the next generation in both of those camps.

I see a win win win situation that we can create should we decide to do so.

It sure beats our having to sell our goods to countries like the Philippines where they murder drug addicts, which is a medical condition.

Regards
DL

Corn is not a good source of nutrition and most farms that I have seen have a separate crop of edibles for home use.

Today, I imagine, what, one out of 10 of the farms would be assigned to grow edible crops which are definitely superior to cattle corn.

Not to mention hemp orchards, as that is a plant that can be used to manufacture all kinds of products as well as pot greenhouses that will supply a growing world demand as the benefits list continues to grow.

We should rush a bit to get the rail line and farms started as I do not know how many years we have left before the environment goes to hell and our infrastructure costs skyrocket due to having to save our waterfront cities from the effects of climate change and sea level rise.

Regards
DL

Did I say that?

No I did not.

We have tons of land before the tundra begins. Come south a bit if you are going to try to estimate growing time in an environment whose temperature we do not even know yet.

I also recognize that an environmental study would have to be done to decide just how high the new rail line should be. At present, I do not know how many mines would open in the north once a transportation system opens up the north to prospecting and mining. What was not viable in the past will become viable when the trains start to run.

Regards
DL

Watch the movie Cowspiracy. Cows should be outlawed in Canada as they are a major factor in pollution and cause more problem than they are worth. Further, most immigrant are not cattle eaters. They are into goats, pigs and sheep.

Regards
DL

???

Stealing your neighbors land is hardly what the victim of that thief would call a success.

Regards
DL

Kind of hard to have steaks without cowa. Milk too.

TenPenny

If it's a winter-only line, why is there all the complaining about the line being out of service and the shortages of food and fuel all summer in Churchill?

If it's only used in winter, then it being out of service all summer wouldn't make any difference.

French Patriot

Since Canada is not warming up any it will never be able to have the population the US does. Try iceland.

Kind of hard to have steaks without cowa. Milk too.

We do not milk steers. That would be masturbation, and we are not young cows who need a mamma cows milk to grow our babies or add to fattening sugar cereals.

If we are not willing to adjust to climate change and reduce it's effect, we just might go extinct.

It may not be warming up where you are but where I used to shovel snow twice a week, I now shovel once every two weeks, if it hasn't melted away.

Where I used to get 40 below for 3 weeks, I now get 3 below for 4 weeks.

Regards
DL

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
I'm kinda interested in what crops you think will grow in the Canadian shield, the tract of land between the farmable and Tundra.

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I'm kinda interested in what crops you think will grow in the Canadian shield, the tract of land between the farmable and Tundra.

Where did I say to go that far north?

I guess you missed where I said we would need an environmental assessment to decide because of trothing weather patterns.

I am a good generalist but am not expert in all things.

Do you have anything against Canada growing it's economy? Did you even listen to that link?

Regards
DL

MHz

Do you have any corny thoughts?

Does that include logic and efficiency with a touch of morality thrown in?

Canada needs a new northern coast to coast rail line for mass immigration and agriculture.
http://bigthink.com/stephen-johnson/15000-scientists-from-around-the-world-issue-warning-to-humanity?utm_source=Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign= 816188a80c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_14&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_45b26faecc-816188a80c-43589329

Global climate change is pushing Canada’s tree line northwards.

Let's say that is true, that would mean making farms out of what is currently tundra or swamp. It could be strip mined and shipped south in arid places that are getting more rain in the future due to climate change. Considering the places that are

Mass immigration and Canada becoming the bread basket of the future world should prompt us to take advantage of this trend by building a modern rail system to what will be the new breadbasket below the new predictable tree line.

Should the north be Alaska and the Yukon settling a large group is not as easy as it would be if the settlement area opened up was Hudson Bay. If the latter was opened up the 30M would not be overcrowding it and the water would replace farmland. That means the area could open up for all of Japan should radiation turn out to be bad for you. If the UK was sinking into the sea due to nature that would still mean the whole country would be looking for a new homeland and the Bay is a straight sail, going past Greenland would be a sober reminder of what happens when you fight nature.

New mass immigration will give us the manpower required to do this and we owe it to the world to get going on this ASAP.

Perhaps 'we' should build it so 'they' can move right in and start their new job as fishermen and polar bear watchers. Since the shoreline is bare rock just short of being as hard as a diamond moving the stuff around is not as easy as travel by water. That goes for travel from Winnipeg to the Great Bear Lake, connecting the lakes would be easier than going around them. Barges in the summer and ice road in the winter. Crossing swamp would mean the moss is left in place on the sides at it would stop waves from the wind from forming. Smooth while big lakes are under whitecap conditions from the wind.

To not do so invites the vast numbers of future immigrant to find other places to live and that means a lot of war and unrest.

For others, hopefully they will not find out their motherland was destroyed with our help. Most places are already overcrowded. Sign on the dotted line for a loan for $250K and you end up with your own land and business and you kids can do the same for about 4 generations.

Canada already has a system in place that guarantees that corn produces will sell their produce to Canada so as to increase our biofuel production.

Thanks but we can build pipelines over bedrock so they last and of they break bedrock is pretty durable. NG can light up the whole Bay without needing any corn for anything except food for the fish so the harvest is as big as possible. Fish trained to swim might into the processing plant.

It may sound corny but we should plan to grow a vast amount of corn along a new northern rail line that goes coast to coast. This would also help in our transporting crude oil by rail as Canadians do not want pipelines.

Let's double up on the lines in the south and add in a monorail to move people coast to coast in less than a 12 hrs. Ontario can ct as the hub for the flow going north from there, as northern Manitoba is too wet but it will be the first places to be settles if the Bay opens for business. Idealy they could come in by boat and the south would never even see them arrive, let alone be their first exposure to 'Canadians' such as can be found on this forum.

We should act now and not wait till people start killing each other is those areas that will face desertification. We can save lot of people from a lot of hardship if we start now as desertification has already started.

Fill out the homesteading form and when it hits 2M we can get started.

bill barilko
+3
Damned little of anything that can be called farmland in Canada's north-the Little Claybelt in Ontario and some of the Peace River country in BC is about it.

French Patriot
[QUOTE=MHz;2535441][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Quote:

Does that include logic and efficiency with a touch of morality thrown in?

Whatever the poster wants to put.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Quote:

Let's say that is true, that would mean making farms out of what is currently tundra or swamp. It could be strip mined and shipped south in arid places that are getting more rain in the future due to climate change. Considering the places that are

If such a thing is cost effective, the environmental impact study will show it.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri] [FONT=Calibri]

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]
Quote:

Should the north be Alaska and the Yukon settling a large group is not as easy as it would be if the settlement area opened up was Hudson Bay. If the latter was opened up the 30M would not be overcrowding it and the water would replace farmland. That means the area could open up for all of Japan should radiation turn out to be bad for you. If the UK was sinking into the sea due to nature that would still mean the whole country would be looking for a new homeland and the Bay is a straight sail, going past Greenland would be a sober reminder of what happens when you fight nature.

I think you are too far north.

I would imagine the Brits would go East before going West but I doubt that anyone has planned that far as yet. Yours is a good point though.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Damned little of anything that can be called farmland in Canada's north-the Little Claybelt in Ontario and some of the Peace River country in BC is about it.

You underestimate things.