The tsunami of Indonesia .. a lesson

Torch light
Atheists, adulterers, enthusiastics, parties and organizations working against God's religion: the Islam .. they gathered and made corrupt celebrities to commit adultery and to blaspheme .. and all of a sudden they were drowned in a horrible tsunami in Indonesia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCxhMYtZ18
Last edited by Torch light; 4 weeks ago at 03:30 PM..

Torch light
Later it was announced by Indonesian authorities that the casualties were 222, hundreds of people injured, houses, hotels and restaurants .. many tourists were the victims also in addition to apostates and the ungodly and idolaters.

See also the explanation of this great aya of the Quran 12: 105-107, which mean:
(105. And how many signs in the heavens and the earth do they pass by [and see]? Yet they turn [their minds] away from them [and from taking lesson of them.]

106. But most of [people] believe not in God unless they associate [others with Him.]

107. Are these [associaters] secure of the coming on them of an overwhelming torment from God, or the 'hour' [of their death] may come on them suddenly, while they do not perceive!?)

More explanation is in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/12.htm#a12_105
quran-ayat.com/pret/12.htm#a12_105

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

Atheists, adulterers, enthusiastics, parties and organizations working against God's religion: the Islam .. they gathered and made corrupt celebrities to commit adultery and to blaspheme .. and all of a sudden they were drowned in a horrible tsunami in Indonesia.

I'm pretty sure if God was smacking sinners He could have picked a better location for bigger fish as they are bunched up in a different location.

Torch light
God knows better ..
if He postpones the dealing with some big criminals, it is for their worst outcome, so they will plunge in more wrong-doing and more sins ..
if He deals with some sinners quickly, it may indicate some of His wisdom .. we don't know.

if He postpones for some wrong-doers like the Wicked Zionists of Tel Aviv, He may want to punish Muslims with them until some decreed time.

Don't you recall the parable of the weed among the wheat, and the servants asked would they extract the weed, God said: No, if you extract the weed the wheat may be damaged, but let the weed with the wheat until the harvest comes when the weed will be easily isolated and burnt in the Fire.

Torch light
And this is in the Quran 8: 37, which means:
(That God may distinguish the corrupt [: the miser] from the good [: the generous; by means of their expenditure and work],

and place the corrupt [: the miser] upon each other, and so heap them up all together, and lay them in Hell;

those [misers] are the losers [of both the life of the World and the Next Life.])

More explanation in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/8.htm#a8_37
quran-ayat.com/pret/8.htm#a8_37

MHz
God takes out 2/3 of all living Gentiles in a few hours on the day He allows Jesus to return. I'm really sure a beach party does not raise an eyebrow when drones kill more than that in 'a good week'. Perhaps crumbling the Queens X-Mas retreat would have gotten more attention. If you hadn't mentioned it nobody would have as the one post made got no attention as far as I am aware but is not an end of the world sign. Bad karma perhaps.

Torch light
See also this video of the concert and the moment of the tsunami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ERXCR86GU4

Torch light
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

God takes out 2/3 of all living Gentiles in a few hours on the day He allows Jesus to return. I'm really sure a beach party does not raise an eyebrow when drones kill more than that in 'a good week'. Perhaps crumbling the Queens X-Mas retreat would have gotten more attention. If you hadn't mentioned it nobody would have as the one post made got no attention as far as I am aware but is not an end of the world sign. Bad karma perhaps.

I didn't say the 'end of the world'; but it is a God's work.
Moreover, I want to tell you about Jesus return.

Jesus has returned in fact, and inspired the Mahdi and told him about his task .. this is what he was commanded by God to do. As Jesus promised to send the Comforter the spirit of truth to tell things that he could not tell at his time.

And Jesus said that the world will not see him anymore, (he will be an invisible soul or spirit) and will be like the lightning.

Moreover, Jesus was not the only Messiah (or Christ).. Saul was also a Messiah (or Christ) he was anointed by Samuel, as Jesus was anointed by John Baptist. And the Mahdi will also be anointed as the king in Jerusalem after he liberate it from the Wicked Zionists of Tel Aviv.

So both Muslims and Christians have been wrong that Jesus will be resurrected in the Last Days .. the one that will be resurrected from the dead will be the Awaited Mahdi who will come from the "Aab" or from God, because he will come from the Next Life to this life of the World.
Last edited by Torch light; 4 weeks ago at 04:53 PM..

Torch light
Therefore, the materialists and atheists try to find some natural cause .. they searched but no earthquake .. so they said it should be some volcano eruption .. yes I agree there is certainly a cause, but who let things go in this direction? and Who caused this cause to occur? God has the complete disposal of things .. to permit or not that any incident, event or calamity may occur or not.

MHz

I didn't say the 'end of the world'; but it is a God's work.
Moreover, I want to tell you about Jesus return.

That is the only time God punishes people.

Quote:

Jesus has returned in fact, and inspired the Mahdi and told him about his task .. this is what he was commanded by God to do. As Jesus promised to send the Comforter the spirit of truth to tell things that he could not tell at his time.

That isn't was the book says.

Joh:7:39:
(But this spake he of the Spirit,
which they that believe on him should receive:
for the Holy Ghost was not yet given;
because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Joh:7:39:
(But this spake he of the Spirit,
which they that believe on him should receive:
for the Holy Ghost was not yet given;
because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Isa:42:8:
I am the LORD:
that is my name:
and my glory will I not give to another,
neither my praise to graven images.
Joh:14:16:
And I will pray the Father,
and he shall give you another Comforter,
that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh:14:18:
I will not leave you comfortless:
I will come to you.
Joh:14:26:
But the Comforter,
which is the Holy Ghost,
whom the Father will send in my name,
he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh:15:26:
But when the Comforter is come,
whom I will send unto you from the Father,
even the Spirit of truth,
which proceedeth from the Father,
he shall testify of me:
Joh:16:7:
Nevertheless I tell you the truth;
It is expedient for you that I go away:
for if I go not away,
the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart,
I will send him unto you.
Joh:20:17:
Jesus saith unto her,
Touch me not;
for I am not yet ascended to my Father:
but go to my brethren,
and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father,
and your Father;
and to my God,
and your God.
Joh:20:19-23:
Then the same day at evening,
being the first day of the week,
when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews,
came Jesus and stood in the midst,
and saith unto them,
Peace be unto you.
And when he had so said,
he shewed unto them his hands and his side.
Then were the disciples glad,
when they saw the Lord.
Then said Jesus to them again,
Peace be unto you:
as my Father hath sent me,
even so send I you.
And when he had said this,
he breathed on them,
and saith unto them,
Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Whose soever sins ye remit,
they are remitted unto them;
and whose soever sins ye retain,
they are retained.

Quote:

And Jesus said that the world will not see him anymore, (he will be an invisible soul or spirit) and will be like the lightning.

The gift of languages was a few days after their baptism so technically the 4 Gospels could have completed in the 40 days Jesus was with those followers as they went through their 40 day fast.

Re:1:7:
Behold,
he cometh with clouds;
and every eye shall see him,
and they also which pierced him:
and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.
Even so,
Amen.
Re:6:12-17:
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal,
and,
lo,
there was a great earthquake;
and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair,
and the moon became as blood;
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth,
even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs,
when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;
and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the kings of the earth,
and the great men,
and the rich men,
and the chief captains,
and the mighty men,
and every bondman,
and every free man,
hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks,
Fall on us,
and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne,
and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come;
and who shall be able to stand?
Re:16:15-21:
Behold,
I come as a thief.
Blessed is he that watcheth,
and keepeth his garments,
lest he walk naked,
and they see his shame.
And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air;
and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven,
from the throne,
saying,
It is done.
And there were voices,
and thunders,
and lightnings;
and there was a great earthquake,
such as was not since men were upon the earth,
so mighty an earthquake,
and so great.
And the great city was divided into three parts,
and the cities of the nations fell:
and great Babylon came in remembrance before God,
to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
And every island fled away,
and the mountains were not found.
And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven,
every stone about the weight of a talent:
and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail;
for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Quote:

Moreover, Jesus was not the only Messiah (or Christ).. Saul was also a Messiah (or Christ) he was anointed by Samuel, as Jesus was anointed by John Baptist. And the Mahdi will also be anointed as the king in Jerusalem after he liberate it from the Wicked Zionists of Tel Aviv.

The light that gathered him was sent there because he happened to be the first person to say a sincere prayer in what is the 'latter days' from De:4:30. When the trumps are about to sound there will be 30 day in which the 144,000 and the two witnesses are 'sealed for protection'. When the 7th trump sound 3 1/2 years later 1/3 of all Gentiles will not dies when the 7 vials are poured out. The ones that die are sinners so not everybody is 'paying attention' during this event.

Re:8:2-6:
And I saw the seven angels which stood before God;
and to them were given seven trumpets.
And another angel came and stood at the altar,
having a golden censer;
and there was given unto him much incense,
that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
And the smoke of the incense,
which came with the prayers of the saints,
ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
And the angel took the censer,
and filled it with fire of the altar,
and cast it into the earth:
and there were voices,
and thunderings,
and lightnings,
and an earthquake.
And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

Quote:

So both Muslims and Christians have been wrong that Jesus will be resurrected in the Last Days .. the one that will be resurrected from the dead will be the Awaited Mahdi who will come from the "Aab" or from God, because he will come from the Next Life to this life of the World.

He was resurrected, ascended and was glorified and descended back to earth all on the same day so the body He was in for those 40 is what a perfected body looks like. All the people alive at the end of the day the 7th trump sounds will also have that same kind of body, immortal like all angelic beings and a sinless heart.

MHz

Therefore, the materialists and atheists try to find some natural cause .. they searched but no earthquake .. so they said it should be some volcano eruption .. yes I agree there is certainly a cause, but who let things go in this direction? and Who caused this cause to occur? God has the complete disposal of things .. to permit or not that any incident, event or calamity may occur or not.

His wrath does not play any role until the day the two witnesses are resurrected, in that day all the water in the ocean is turned from a liquid into a solid. This was a wave 1M tall and moving at the rate of a flash flood. Wrong place, wrong time. Happens to lots of people everyday all over the planet. None of the trumps can be mistaken for anything but what they are if you are in the habit of a sincere prayer from time to time.

spaminator
+1
281 dead after volcano-triggered tsunami hits Indonesia
Associated Press
Published:
December 23, 2018
Updated:
December 23, 2018 9:58 PM EST
People gather salvageable items from damaged buildings on Carita beach on December 23, 2018, after the area was hit by a tsunami that may have been caused by the Anak Krakatoa volcano. SEMI / AFP/Getty Images
CARITA BEACH, Indonesia — The deadly tsunami struck in the dark, without warning.
At least 281 people were killed as waves smashed into houses, hotels and other beachside buildings Saturday night along Indonesia’s Sunda Strait, in a disaster that followed an eruption and possible landslide on Anak Krakatau, one of the world’s most infamous volcanic islands.
More than 1,000 others were injured and dozens were reported missing after the tsunami hit coastal areas along western Java and southern Sumatra islands at 9:27 p.m. Saturday amid a Christmas holiday weekend, the Disaster Management Agency said. The death toll could increase once authorities hear from all stricken areas.
It was the second deadly tsunami to hit Indonesia this year, but the one that killed more than 2,500 people on the island of Sulawesi on Sept. 28 was accompanied by a powerful earthquake that gave residents a brief warning before the waves struck.
On Saturday night, the ground did not shake beforehand to alert people to the oncoming wave that ripped buildings from their foundations in seconds and swept terrified concertgoers on a popular resort beach into the sea.
Azki Kurniawan, 16, said his first warning about the tsunami was when people burst into the lobby of the Patra Comfort Hotel shouting, “Sea water rising!”
Kurniawan, who was undergoing vocational training with a group of 30 other students, said he was confused because he had not felt a big earthquake. He said he ran to the parking lot to try to reach his motorbike but discovered it was already flooded.
“Suddenly, a 1-meter (3.3-foot) wave hit me,” he said, his eyes red and swollen from crying. “I was thrown into the fence of a building about 30 metres (100 feet) from the beach and held onto the fence as strong as I could, trying to resist the water, which felt like it would drag me back into the sea. I cried in fear … ’This is a tsunami?’ I was afraid I would die.”
Dramatic video posted on social media showed the Indonesian pop band Seventeen performing under a tent on popular Tanjung Lesung beach at a concert for employees of a state-owned electricity company. Dozens of people sat at tables while others swayed to the music near the stage as strobe lights flashed and theatrical smoke was released. A child could also be seen wandering through the crowd.
Seconds later, with the drummer pounding just as the next song was about to begin, the stage suddenly heaved forward and buckled under the force of the water, tossing the band and its equipment into the audience.
The group released a statement saying their bass player, guitarist and road manager were killed, while two other band members and the wife of one of the performers were missing.
“The tide rose to the surface and dragged all the people on site,” the statement said. “Unfortunately, when the current receded, our members were unable to save themselves while some did not find a place to hold on.”
Disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said 222 deaths had been confirmed and at least 843 people were injured.
The worst-affected area was the Pandeglang region of Java’s Banten province, which encompasses Ujung Kulon National Park and popular beaches, the agency said.
Indonesian President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo expressed his sympathy and ordered government agencies to respond quickly to the disaster.
“My deep condolences to the victims in Banten and Lumpung provinces,” he said. “Hopefully, those who are left have patience.”
At the Vatican, Pope Francis prayed for the dead, the missing and the homeless in Indonesia, telling tourists and pilgrims in St. Peter’s Square that his thoughts were with victims “struck by violent natural calamities.”
Supplies are seen near a damaged home on Carita beach on December 23, 2018, after the area was hit by a tsunami that may have been caused by the Anak Krakatoa volcano. – At least 43 people have been killed and nearly 600 injured in a tsunami in Indonesia that may have been caused by a volcano known as the “child” of the legendary Krakatoa, officials said on December 23. SEMI / AFP/Getty Images
The U.S. State Department also expressed its support: “Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in Indonesia affected by the natural disaster. We are currently not aware of any U.S. citizens directly affected, but stand ready to assist as needed.”
In the city of Bandar Lampung on Sumatra, hundreds of residents took refuge at the governor’s office, while at the popular resort area of Anyer beach on Java, some survivors wandered in the debris.
Tourists who were enjoying the long holiday weekend ahead of Christmas were also affected.
“I had to run, as the wave passed the beach and landed 15-20m (meters, or 50-65 feet) inland,” said Norwegian Oystein Lund Andersen, in a Facebook post. The self-described photographer and volcano enthusiast said he was taking pictures of the volcano when he suddenly saw the water racing toward him. He and his family fled safely to higher ground.
The damage became apparent after daybreak Sunday. Nine hotels and hundreds of homes were heavily damaged by the waves. Broken chunks of concrete and splintered sticks of wood littered hard-hit coastal areas, turning beach getaways popular with Jakarta residents into near ghost towns. Vehicles were tossed into the rubble or were buried under collapsed roofs. Debris from thatch-bamboo shacks was strewn along beaches.
Yellow, orange and black body bags were laid out, and weeping relatives identified the dead.
Scientists, including those from Indonesia’s Meteorology and Geophysics agency, said the tsunami could have been caused by landslides — either above ground or under water — on the steep slope of the erupting Anak Krakatau volcano. The scientists also cited tidal waves caused by the full moon.
The 305-meter (1,000-foot) -high Anak Krakatau, whose name means “Child of Krakatoa,” lies on an island in the Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra islands, linking the Indian Ocean and the Java Sea. It has been erupting since June and did so again about 24 minutes before the tsunami, the geophysics agency said.
The volcanic island formed over years after the 1883 eruption of the Krakatoa volcano, one of the largest, most devastating in recorded history. That disaster killed more than 30,000 people, launched far-reaching tsunamis and created so much ash that day was turned to night in the area and a global temperature drop was recorded.
Most of the island sank into a volcanic crater under the sea, and the area remained calm until the 1920s, when Anak Krakatau began to rise from the site. It continues to grow each year and erupts periodically although it is much smaller than Krakatoa.
Gegar Prasetya, co-founder of the Tsunami Research Center Indonesia, said Saturday’s tsunami was likely caused by a flank collapse — when a big section of a volcano’s slope gives way. It’s possible for an eruption to trigger a landslide above ground or beneath the ocean, both capable of producing waves, he said.
“Actually, the tsunami was not really big, only 1 metre (3.3 feet),” said Prasetya, who has studied Krakatoa. “The problem is people always tend to build everything close to the shoreline.”
Indonesia, a vast archipelago of more than 17,000 islands and home to 260 million people, lies along the “Ring of Fire,” an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin. Roads and infrastructure are poor in many areas of the disaster-prone country, making access difficult in the best of conditions.
Saturday’s tsunami also rekindled memories of the massive magnitude 9.1 earthquake that hit Indonesia on Dec. 26, 2004. It spawned a giant tsunami off Sumatra island, killing more than 230,000 people in a dozen countries — the majority in Indonesia.
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1076663066211860482
http://bnonews.com/site/index.php/20...tern-indonesia
http://torontosun.com/news/world/at-...hits-indonesia

Blackleaf
It didn't make quite the bang it did back in 1883.

MHz
Did you know the same forces are dragging Ireland and the UK into deeper water?

Blackleaf

Did you know the same forces are dragging Ireland and the UK into deeper water?

I don't think they are dragging us into deeper water. Plate tectonics is moving the British Isles away from North America at a rate of one inch per year.

We're over 8 feet further away than we were in 1918 and nearly 80 feet further apart than we were during the Norman Invasion.

taxslave
+1

More like gawd's punishment for practicing your barbaric Stone age cult.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't think they are dragging us into deeper water. Plate tectonics is moving the British Isles away from North America at a rate of one inch per year.

We're over 8 feet further away than we were in 1918 and nearly 80 feet further apart than we were during the Norman Invasion.

The Atlantic Rift is causing that, in an indirect way it is also making the water between you and France wider. Use Google earth to look under the water. What looks like Ireland underwater will end up under France and that trend will continue until mainland Europe is the first land you run into. 'Sucked under' is a term used when river water goes from fast and shallow to slower and deeper. If you feet are on the bottom they stay there when the transition takes place and you drown.

How long can you tread water?

spilledthebeer
+1

And this is in the Quran 8: 37, which means:
(That God may distinguish the corrupt [: the miser] from the good [: the generous; by means of their expenditure and work],

and place the corrupt [: the miser] upon each other, and so heap them up all together, and lay them in Hell;

those [misers] are the losers [of both the life of the World and the Next Life.])

More explanation in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/8.htm#a8_37
quran-ayat.com/pret/8.htm#a8_37

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Meek shall inherit the Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Unless they live in Indonesia or Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The major religion in Indonesia is Islam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With substantial Christian minorities- Both Catholic and Protestant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If God is truly punishing sinners with his TSUNAMIS then either his aim or his eye sight is CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can tell us why God is throwing Tsunamis at Indonesian Muslims and IGNORING those Jews you so love to hate?????????????????

Maybe there is something wrong with YOUR view of things??????????????????????????

Torch light
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

More like gawd's punishment for practicing your barbaric Stone age cult.

The enthusiasm about Jesus Christ will lead to complete loss, when no redemption will avail against the idolatry of equalizing God with Jesus .. in contradiction of the First Commandment.
While Wicked Zionists of Tel Aviv are almost the Satanists, Atheists and Idolaters.

darkbeaver
Surely you all heard of this solar minimum.

darkbeaver

The enthusiasm about Jesus Christ will lead to complete loss, when no redemption will avail against the idolatry of equalizing God with Jesus .. in contradiction of the First Commandment.
While Wicked Zionists of Tel Aviv are almost the Satanists, Atheists and Idolaters.

All these parties can be neutralized with simple reason. Try not to stick to anybody tacky paper, even if the smell of shjt is overwhelming.
The sun is god and there is no more imeadiate solestial insturment to obey at all times, God is old Sol and no other, that does not preclude the fginer points that make for great depate among the illuminated, those who like sunshine, what could possibly be wrong with thier thinkingh?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It didn't make quite the bang it did back in 1883.

It, just warming up. It made the dakl before, a goddamn frightening sploshion.

spaminator
Indonesia searches for tsunami victims; death toll hits 373
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
December 24, 2018
Updated:
December 24, 2018 4:59 PM EST
TANJUNG LESUNG, Indonesia — Body bags were laid out along the shattered coastline as Indonesian authorities stepped up efforts to collect the dead and save the injured Monday in the aftermath of a tsunami that was apparently triggered by a volcanic eruption. The death toll climbed to 373 and was certain to rise.
More than 1,400 people were injured and at least 128 were missing after the killer waves slammed into western Java and southern Sumatra without warning Saturday night, smashing homes to pieces and sweeping locals and Christmastime tourists into the sea.
Hundreds of military personnel and volunteers searched along debris-strewn beaches. Where victims were found, yellow, orange and black body bags were laid out, and weeping relatives identified the dead.
281 dead after volcano-triggered tsunami hits Indonesia
The waves followed an eruption and apparent landslide on Anak Krakatau, or “Child of Krakatoa,” a volcanic island that formed in the early part of the 20th century near the site of the cataclysmic 1883 eruption of Krakatoa.
Hotels and hundreds of homes were heavily damaged by the waves. Chunks of broken concrete and splintered wood littered coastal areas.
The Indonesian Medical Association said that it sent doctors, medical supplies and equipment, and that many of the injured were in need of orthopedic and neurological surgery. It said most victims were Indonesian tourists visiting beaches during the long weekend ahead of Christmas.
Video posted on social media showed the Indonesian pop band Seventeen performing in a tent on Tanjung Lesung beach at a concert for employees of the state-owned electricity company when a wave smashed through the stage.
Seventeen’s bass player, guitarist, drummer, road manager and technician were all killed. The lead singer survived, but his wife, a backup singer, was missing.
“I heard people shouting to run away, and I saw the water had gone up to the mainland and the hotel had been flooded by water,” said Feri Ardian. “About 200 people were dragged away by the waves.”
Indonesian President Joko Widodo, who faces what promises to be a tough re-election campaign next year, vowed to have all tsunami-detection equipment replaced or repaired.
Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, spokesman for Indonesia Disaster Mitigation Agency, acknowledged on Twitter that the country’s network of detection buoys had been out of order since 2012 because of vandalism and budget shortfalls.
But the head of Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, Dwikorita Karnawati, said the tsunami was caused by Krakatau’s volcanic activity and so could not have been picked up by her agency’s sensors, which monitor the conventional earthquakes responsible for more than 90% of Indonesia’s tsunamis.
The tsunami was probably caused by the collapse of a big section of the volcano’s slope, said Gegar Prasetya, co-founder of the Tsunami Research Center Indonesia. The 305-meter (1,000-foot) Anak Krakatau been erupting since June and did so again 24 minutes before the tsunami, the geophysics agency said.
Indonesia, a vast archipelago of more than 17,000 islands and home to 260 million people, lies along the Ring of Fire, an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin.
The eruption of Krakatoa in the 19th century killed more than 30,000 people and hurled so much ash that it turned day to night in the area and reduced global temperatures.
A quake and tsunami that hit Sulawesi island in September killed over 2,100 people, with thousands more believed swallowed up by the earth.
A magnitude-9.1 earthquake struck Indonesia on Dec. 26, 2004, spawning a giant tsunami off Sumatra island and killing over 230,000 people in a dozen countries.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hgQYGSzEFmY
http://torontosun.com/news/world/rac...ers-swept-away

MHz
200M years since the Rockies blew a gasket, might as well stay put and have the music 'streamed in'.

Blackleaf

The Atlantic Rift is causing that, in an indirect way it is also making the water between you and France wider. Use Google earth to look under the water. What looks like Ireland underwater will end up under France and that trend will continue until mainland Europe is the first land you run into. 'Sucked under' is a term used when river water goes from fast and shallow to slower and deeper. If you feet are on the bottom they stay there when the transition takes place and you drown.
How long can you tread water?

Britain and France aren't moving apart. There are no tectonic plates between them. The English Channel was formed by a huge tsunami. Before that, what are now Britain and France were joined, with no tectonic plate.

Gilgamesh
+1

The biggest and most disgusting sinner around here is you.

The people killed in this natural phenomena and their misnamed "guilt" have SFA to do with the usual expected ranting from your diseased mind.

You want to seethe most degenerate disgusting worthless sinner.

Take a very long hard look in your mirror.

Every time you take off on one of these sick rants,you spit on God and his creation.

Seems you do it all the time. No paradise and virgins for you.

God is not to be mocked. God is not to be second guessed.

Or to put it in terms that even a fool like you just might understand, shut your ignorant,stupid,diseased mouth.

taxslave

But only Muslims are camel humpers.

Dixie Cup
+2
The lesson should be - don't build houses so close to the ocean. Mother nature has a way of biting you in the ass in the most unrelenting and unexpected ways.

spaminator
'WATER IS COMING!': Indonesia tsunami survivors jittery as deaths hit 429
Associated Press
Published:
December 25, 2018
Updated:
December 25, 2018 12:06 PM EST
SUMUR, Indonesia — Panicked residents, police and soldiers in this remote fishing village clobbered by a devastating weekend tsunami ran to higher ground Tuesday, shouting “Water is coming! Water is coming!” and reciting verses from the Qur’an as emergency messages were broadcast over mosque speakers.
It proved to be a false alarm, but a similar frenzy broke out in Tanjung Lesung, another tsunami-stricken area located hours away, as unsettled survivors of the disaster remained traumatized by a tragedy that killed more than 420 people and left thousands homeless.
Meanwhile, Christmas celebrations were replaced by sombre prayers, as church leaders called on Christians across Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation, to pray for tsunami victims.
Indonesia searches for tsunami victims
Unlike other tsunamis that have hit disaster-prone Indonesia following large earthquakes, Saturday’s big waves blasted ashore at night without warning. The eruption of Anak Krakatau, or Child of Krakatoa, a volcano in the Sunda Strait, is believed to have created a landslide on the volcano’s slope, displacing a large volume of water that slammed into the islands of Java and Sumatra.
People in Sumur village, which has been slow to receive aid due to roads being cut off, remained stunned by how quickly the tsunami hit. The beach, located just a few kilometres (miles) from the tourist island of Umang near Java’s western tip, is popular for snorkeling and other water activities. The tsunami decimated the area, ripping houses from their foundations and bulldozing concrete buildings.
Scientists have said the tsunami’s waves were recorded in several places at about 1 metre (3.3 feet) high, but residents of Sumur insisted they towered more than 3 metres (10 feet) there. They said a soaring white wall of water roared toward them at high speeds, ripping trees out of the ground by their roots.
“There was no sign of a tsunami when we were at the beach. The sea didn’t recede,” said Tati Hayati, a housewife, who was enjoying a pleasant evening with 10 other people when the disaster hit. “It was calm and bright with the full moon.”
When she spotted high, fast-moving waves launching toward the shore, she ran to her car and managed to get inside. But she couldn’t outrun it. She said the car was struck by three waves, breaking out the back window and filling the vehicle with gushing water.
“We were locked inside. The car was swaying in the waves and we thought we would all die,” Hayati said. “We almost could not breathe and I almost gave up when I groped the key in the water and managed to open the door, and the water began to recede. We got out of the car and ran to safety.”
The disaster was compounded because it occurred over a busy holiday weekend before Christmas when many people had fled crowded cities such as Jakarta, Indonesia’s capital, to relax at popular beach areas.
Pastor Markus Taekz said Tuesday that his Rahmat Pentecostal Church in the hard-hit area of Carita did not celebrate Christmas with joyous songs this year. Instead, only about 100 people showed up for the service, which usually brings in double that number. Many congregation members had already left the area for locations away from the disaster zone.
“This is an unusual situation because we have a very bad disaster that killed hundreds of our sisters and brothers in Banten,” Taekz said, referring to the province on Java island. “So our celebration is full of grief.”
The death toll climbed to 429 on Tuesday, with more than 1,400 people injured and at least 128 missing, said Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, spokesman for Indonesia’s Disaster Mitigation Agency.
He said more than 16,000 people were displaced and that there was an urgent need for heavy equipment in the Sumur subdistrict near Ujung Kulon National Park to help get aid flowing and reach people who may be injured or trapped.
Military troops, government personnel and volunteers continued searching along debris-strewn beaches. Yellow, orange and black body bags were laid out where victims were found, and weeping relatives identified the dead. Many searched for missing loved ones at hospital morgues.
The lead singer of the Indonesian pop band Seventeen located the body of his dead wife after posting emotional posts on social media, vowing that he would not leave her. The group was performing at a beach hotel when the tsunami was captured on video smashing into their stage, killing several band members and crew.
Anak Krakatau is a volcanic island that formed in the early part of the 20th century near the site of the cataclysmic 1883 eruption of Krakatoa, which killed more than 30,000 people and hurled so much ash that it turned day to night in the area and reduced global temperatures.
The head of Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, Dwikorita Karnawati, said Saturday’s tsunami was likely caused by Anak Krakatau’s volcanic activity and so could not have been picked up by sensors, which monitor conventional earthquakes responsible for more than 90 per cent of Indonesia’s tsunamis.
She said the tsunami was probably caused by the collapse of a big section of the volcano’s slope. Anak Krakatau has been erupting since June and did so again 24 minutes before the tsunami, according to the geophysics agency. Other scientists have said an underwater landslide may also have contributed to the disaster.
Indonesia, a vast archipelago of more than 17,000 islands and home to 260 million people, lies along the Ring of Fire, an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin.
In September, thousands were believed killed by a quake and tsunami that hit Indonesia’s Sulawesi island. A quake on the island of Lombok killed 505 people in August.
Saturday’s disaster came ahead of the anniversary of the massive Asian tsunami that hit Dec. 26, 2004, after a magnitude 9.1 earthquake off Sumatra island spawned huge waves. The giant wall of water killed some 230,000 people in a dozen countries, most of them in Indonesia.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ihn1OHD6EkM
http://torontosun.com/news/world/wat...deaths-hit-429

Columbus12
+1
No human should judge the human sinners but God alone. You cannot or should not say that all of those died in the tsunami are the most sinful ones. If you believe in God, you should know that you should pray for your neighbors. It is a heartbroken tragedy.