Nearly 2000 years of England-Wales tolls come to an end


Curious Cdn
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I think you'll find Britain has a trade surplus with the whole world - except with the EU.
In fact, the trade surplus that Britain has with the non-EU world has grown fivefold since 2012 from 8bn to 39bn.

I've found that Britain has a trade deficit and it's increasing. No wonder you are Brexiter. You are operating with incorrect information.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nation...rade/april2018

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...le-world-trade
 
Blackleaf
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I've found that Britain has a trade deficit and it's increasing. No wonder you are Brexiter. You are operating with incorrect information.
http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nation...rade/april2018
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...le-world-trade

No. You're operating with incorrect information.
 
Curious Cdn
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I think you'll find Britain has a trade surplus with the whole world - except with the EU.
In fact, the trade surplus that Britain has with the non-EU world has grown fivefold since 2012 from 8bn to 39bn.

... whiskey and tea cup exports ...
 
White_Unifier
#34
Curious Canadian, why do you have an anchor ensign on your avatar? What do you think Canada is anchored to?
 
Blackleaf
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Curious Canadian, why do you have an anchor ensign on your avatar? What do you think Canada is anchored to?

It's the RCN flag.
 
White_Unifier
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It's the RCN flag.

But why does the RCN want to weigh Canada down?
 
Blackleaf
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

But why does the RCN want to weigh Canada down?

Scared that you won't be there when they try to return to port.
 
MHz
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Curious Canadian, why do you have an anchor ensign on your avatar? What do you think Canada is anchored to?

Perhaps the closer meaning is he is an anchor that keeps things from progressing.
 
White_Unifier
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Perhaps the closer meaning is he is an anchor that keeps things from progressing.

He's an anchor baby that keeps things from progressing?
 
Blackleaf
#40
Maybe he's a former naval man, like I am.
 
Blackleaf
#41
He's going to be really freaked out when he comes back and finds out we've been talking about him.
 
White_Unifier
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Maybe he's a former naval man, like I am.

I think he is.
 
White_Unifier
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

He's going to be really freaked out when he comes back and finds out we've been talking about him.

Canadians don't freak out so easily, and I believe he's Canadian.
 
MHz
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

He's an anchor baby that keeps things from progressing?

Adding the baby might be where you lost it. You do a pretty good imitation of one (baby and anchor) also when you want to.

Run along, the collective don't like to kept anchored in one place too long.


Anchor
A person who can slow down an entire group.
A person who requires constant help or attention from some one else.

What an anchor! She helled up an entire line at the check out for no reason.
That gut is such an anchor. He made us all wait half an hour so he could go kill a badger.
I do not want to bring Dave any where. He is such an anchor. A short trip takes all day with him.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Anchor
 
Curious Cdn
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It's the RCN flag.

It's the Marcom Jack, 1968 to 2013.

It was succeeded by the RCN Ensign (I can't see the difference!)
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Canadians don't freak out so easily, and I believe he's Canadian.

No, I'm not freaked out. You were a Kipper, Blackleaf?

(I was an AB Stoker 1973-1977 in the C.A.F. "Marlant"- Halifax)
 
Blackleaf
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Canadians don't freak out so easily, and I believe he's Canadian.

No. He'll be freaked out.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

No. He'll be freaked out.

Unh hunh
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

No. He'll be freaked out.

You were in the Kipper navy?
 
White_Unifier
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It's the Marcom Jack, 1968 to 2013.
It was succeeded by the RCN Ensign (I can't see the difference!)

What about the Marcom Jill? You bunch of sexists!
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What about the Marcom Jill? You bunch of sexists!

Oh, Marcom Jill has pressed charges against Jack. Something about Jack showing her the Golden Rivet inside the torpedo tube.