Stock Markets

JLM
Just wondering if today's performance on Wall Street is a harbinger of things to come! How much optimism is there besides Walter's?

Hoid
Were the markets up?

MHz
https://govtslaves.info/2018/12/24/d...ding-day-ever/
Both major stock indexes nosedived on Monday in the worst day of Christmas Eve trading ever following tweets from President Donald Trump criticizing the Federal Reserve, according to CNBC.
The plummet followed a tumultuous few days in Washington, amid reports that Trump was discussing how to remove Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 653 points, falling below 22,000, on Monday and the S&P 500 entered a bear market after tanking more than 20 percent from a previous high.
A bear market occurs after a drop of 20 percent or more following a recent high, and is usually associated with long-lasting declines in the stock market, according to CNBC.
The drop came after a 52-week high, CNBC reported.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...ngly-unstable/
Bloomberg posted an article this morning describing the Collateralized Loan Obligation market as “Wall Street’s Billionaire Machine.” But I seem to recall that the CLO market was one of the financial nuclear bombs that blew up and triggered the financial system de facto collapse in 2008. Well, it’s back – with a vengeance. Of course the taxpayers were once again sold a bill of goods never delivered when it was promised that the Dodd-Frank farcelegislation would “protect” the system from the re-development of these financial weapons of mass destruction…

JLM
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Were the markets up?

Depends on how you look at it! Good buying opportunity.

Hoid
Actually it doesn't matter at all how you look at it.

JLM
+1

It's a good idea to quit digging on the way down!

JLM
+3

That's how I made quite a bit of my money. Maybe you haven't heard of dollar cost averaging!

Danbones
+2
It's more than just whats going on in the markets, it's whats going on in the world...
debt is the elephant in the room.

( that's fascist banker nazi commie globalist debt!)

Just wait till the day hoid tries to collect the then non existent pension.

Look at Venezuela. Take care of your selves out there.

MHz
+1
Good reason the locals should always retain the ability to feed themselves. If you take away their biggest club they can't beat you with it.

Gilgamesh
If this is anything more than a blip, Trump will have received another large nail in his coffin.

Danbones
Naw, everyone already knows its because the fed raised rates in a difficult environment.

Curious Cdn
And why would they do that? Prevent inflation from running amok like it did in the 80's?

MHz
Must be pretty bad to say it is China that is crashing.
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...ssive-bailout/
China Stock Market DOWN 30%! Real Estate, Stocks, Manufacturing Getting Massive BAILOUT!

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...ancial-system/

Nestmann: “The Poison at the Heart of the Global Financial System”

As the world celebrates Christmas, stock markets are cratering around the world, with the US leading the way. Since October, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) peaked at 26,951.81, it’s lost nearly 4,000 points, down 15.1%. The S&P 500 has lost even more: 15.8%.
The red ink in share prices has erased trillions of dollars from global balance sheets. The stocks comprising the S&P 500 have lost $2.39 trillion in December alone.
When asked why stock prices are falling, the talking heads on television and the internet point to the Fed’s continuing interest rate hikes and the ongoing trade war with China. Those factors are important, but there’s another component that gets less attention: soaring levels of debt. Much of that debt is of highly dubious quality.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That's how I made quite a bit of my money. Maybe you haven't heard of dollar cost averaging!

Just another subject hoid comments on that he knows nothing about

taxslave
+1
Too bad about the recovery today. All those losses wiped out.
Vancouver Sun business

darkbeaver
I,ve bean watching the markets, makes me vomit, I don,t even know how much of mystuff is whereever I,m inclined to put the wad into munitions, sound market analasis war is inevetable, a consolodation of ice age perspectives what Canada has to ddo is occupty some island closer to the equator, Cuba ia oput pof the question, they have an educatiobn systyem.

darkbeaver
Shirly you must have noticed that your children are stupider than you. You might question the fortification of cornflakes with whatever, ricew crispys deserve our attension as well, lets not forget Fluffs

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Like the transmountain pipeline extension which you told us would be put through?

JLM

Like the transmountain pipeline extension which you told us would be put through?

Who's saying it won't be?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

There's a lot of them.