Emergency Alert @ 5:00AM

B00Mer
Emergency Alert @ 5:00AM

What ever this is for, you wake me up at 5:00AM I hope the fukkers are dead.

Stupid fukking system..

B00Mer
'Please no more alerts': people complain about Amber Alert, again

They should get an opt out feature for those who really don't give a shit.. like me.

Last edited by B00Mer; 2 weeks ago at 09:17 AM..

DaSleeper
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
There is an opt out on IPhones for text messages or phone calls at specific times with exceptions for specified contacts....but it doesn't work for amber allerts
They override that opt out.

taxslave
+1
Of course. Because everyone is going to jumpout of bed in the middle of the night and go out looking for a missing kid that is probaby with the other parent.
Then again any slacker that is still in bed at 0500 needs a wakeup call.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Of course. Because everyone is going to jumpout of bed in the middle of the night and go out looking for a missing kid that is probaby with the other parent.
Then again any slacker that is still in bed at 0500 needs a wakeup call.

I just tweeted on their page..

"There should be an opt out feature for this service, or everyone should call in to 911 with false sightings, that will put an end to this annoying service overnight. **** Off!"

B00Mer
This was the what the Amber Alert was about..

AMBER ALERT in Alberta as authorities say 4 year old Isabella Darnel, 3 year old Elijah Darnel, 9 month old Arlo Darnel, are believed to have been abducted from their home in Fox Creek, allegedly by their mother. Please share with folks you may know in Alberta.

Yawn, the mother took her own children.. and how is this my problem.. could care less. This used to be a Family court issue, not my problem. fukk off with the notifications for stupid shit.

https://twitter.com/AB_EmergAlert

Danbones
+1
Sorry, but until moral improves, beatings will continue.

Enjoy!

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Sorry, but until moral improves, beatings will continue.

Enjoy!

Why you looking to get your ass kicked.. what your mother didn't beat you enough as a young lad, and knock some sense into ya... I guess.

B00Mer
Nice feature

How to Turn Off Amber Alerts on Samsung Galaxy Phones

How to turn off AMBER and other emergency alerts on Android and iOS
Last edited by B00Mer; 2 weeks ago at 11:13 AM..

Jinentonix
Look folks, we live in a 24 hr society now. Not everyone sleeps from 10-6 or 11-7 or whatever. I guess people who work night shift should gt all pissed off and indignant whenever an alert goes out over the system during the day time?

I also like how idiots think a parent kidnapping their own child doesn't constitute an emergency. Maybe not to you but I recall at least one incident in Ontario before the amber alert system existed where a child was kidnapped by one of their parents, who then proceeded to jump off a 401 overpass into oncoming traffic with said child.

But hey, at least nobody got woke up over it or had an episode of the Bachelorette interrupted over it. And that's ALL that matters, right Boomer?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Look folks, we live in a 24 hr society now. Not everyone sleeps from 10-6 or 11-7 or whatever. I guess people who work night shift should gt all pissed off and indignant whenever an alert goes out over the system during the day time?

I sleep from 22:00 to 05:00 if I'm lucky 05:30 and I need every second of sleep someone waking me up early better have One Good Reason or they're Gonna Pay

I also like how idiots think a parent kidnapping their own child doesn't constitute an emergency.

It doesn't not in any world I live in it's just a domestic spat.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Nice feature
How to Turn Off Amber Alerts on Samsung Galaxy Phones

Doesn't work for me/No Emergency Alert feature on my ancient phone which is fine for me.

Danbones

Why you looking to get your ass kicked.. what your mother didn't beat you enough as a young lad, and knock some sense into ya... I guess.

You are the one beatching about getting beat for your sleep

'by a droid.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

You are the one beatching about getting beat for your sleep

'by a droid.

I am just pissed off at how the Government is so intrusive in our lives..

I the USA they offer an opt out feature.. of course in Canada they don't. But then the politicians think they own you in Canada..

justlooking
+1

But then the politicians think they own you in Canada..

Because they do...

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

It doesn't not in any world I live in it's just a domestic spat.

Um, did you read the rest of the paragraph? A murdered child is not simply a "domestic spat".

B00Mer
+1

I also like how idiots think a parent kidnapping their own child doesn't constitute an emergency. Maybe not to you but I recall at least one incident in Ontario before the amber alert system existed where a child was kidnapped by one of their parents, who then proceeded to jump off a 401 overpass into oncoming traffic with said child.
But hey, at least nobody got woke up over it or had an episode of the Bachelorette interrupted over it. And that's ALL that matters, right Boomer?

Okay, but how about having an opt out like they do in the USA.

Simply put, I could give a shit about somebody else's brat.

Also a loud alarm disturbing 1,000,000 plus people at home, what do they think people are going to go out and start looking, like an easter egg hunt? Just what the police need, 1,000,000 detectives on the street.

Or better yet, hey I'm driving let me look at my phone to see what the emergency was, fukk I didn't see that car in front, or kid crossing the street. Thud.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Because they do...

Yes and as I travel outside Canada more and more, and return to see just how much of a 3rd world Banana Republic I live in..

Infrastructure is failing, we can't get our goods to market because of Hippies strangle holding pipelines (just wait till the benefits run out for the hippies because of no money) Poor Cliffy

If it wasn't for Canada's oil and resources, this country would be nothing...