B.C. judge rules father guilty of “family violence” for calling trans son “she”


Colpy
+6
#1
Justice Francesca Marzari, a British Columbia Supreme Court Justice, ruled last week that the father of a 14-year-old transgender boy (biological female) was guilty of “family violence” for refusing to affirm his daughter’s male gender identity.


The father, who is anonymously listed as “C.D.” throughout the court document to protect the identity of “A.B.,” his daughter, is also banned from discussing the ruling publicly in order to prevent A.B. from being “exposed” to hurtful writing or commentary that does not affirm her gender identity.


The ban applies for a one year period but may be extended by the court. It prevents C.D. from “directly, or indirectly through an agent or third party, publishing or sharing information or documentation relating to A.B.’s sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical health, medical status or therapies.”


Back in February of this year, as previously reported by The Post Millennial, another B.C. Supreme Court Judge ruled that A.B could receive hormone injections to aid her transition despite not having her father’s consent.



In point 38 of her ruling, Justice Marzari writes:

However, I am not concerned with the truth of what CD has said in those interviews, but with the words having been said at all. The videos are with CD and there is no issue as to their authenticity. . . Had CD given his own evidence that he did not make the statements quoted in the Federalist, I would have preferred his direct evidence over that of the unsworn accounts of his statements in the articles. However, CD does not disavow the statements or quotations attributed to him, and says only that he did not intend to disobey any court orders.
Justice Francesca Marzari
“In those interviews, CD refers to AB as female, and expresses both his rejection of the permanence of AB’s gender identity and his opposition to AB’s chosen course of treatment,” wrote Justice Marzari.


On the issue of the father’s parental rights, Justice Mazrari ruled that “CD’s rights as a parent are necessarily guided and constrained by the FLA and orders of this Court. His rights do not include harming his child.”



Concerning C.D.’s Charter right to freedom of expression and belief, Justice Marzari wrote “There is no requirement that CD change his views about what is best for AB. It is only how he expresses those views privately to AB and publicly to third parties that is affected.”

I find that the balance of the values at issues in this case favours the protection of the safety and security of AB. The best interests of the child and the child’s protection from family violence is a paramount consideration in family law matters.
Justice Francesca Marzari
For her part, A.B. testified saying “I love my father. I want to have his name as my middle name. When I was born, I was given the middle name “[REDACTED]” as the female version of my dad’s name. But I cannot be around him unless he respects who I am and my gender identity. It messes with my head and I cannot stand his berating me all the time.”


“I am concerned for my physical and emotional safety around my dad, and very worried what he will do.”


https://www.thepostmillennial.com/b-...trans-son-she/


Are we all taking crazy pills?


This judge should be thrown off the bench.


Beyond belief.
 
taxslave
+5
#2
I had to check the date to see if that was published on April first. Another good reason why judges should be elected or at least make sure they are not addicted to some crazy drugs.
 
Hoid
+1
#3
They should have just called them whatever they wanted to be called.
 
Cannuck
+1
#4
That's just too funny. This judge was apppinted by Jody Wilson-Raybould, the darling on Conservative Party supporters.
 
Wise
-2
#5
This sounds the like the "son" has sued "his" father. The reasons and evidence for emotional damages was enough to create the judge's decision. The "son" made a strong case in "his" defence.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#6
Judges in Canada are appointed and not elected. Judges of the Supreme Court of Canada, the federal courts, the appellate courts and the superior-level courts are appointed by the Governor-in-Council (by the Governor General on the advice of the Federal Cabinet).
 
Hoid
#7
I think they can give up on the Parent of Year Award.
 
Colpy
+4 / -1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

That's just too funny. This judge was apppinted by Jody Wilson-Raybould, the darling on Conservative Party supporters.


Wrong. Not factually, but subjectively.


I'm Conservative. I've repeatedly said that I disagree with J W-R on everything except her stand in defense of constitutional principles against the assault by that PoS Trudeau.


She is hardly my "darling".
 
MHz
+1 / -1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Beyond belief.

The story or the part where you decided to make a thread about it?? I smell a phobia lingering around you cowpie
 
Colpy
+4
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wise View Post

This sounds the like the "son" has sued "his" father. The reasons and evidence for emotional damages was enough to create the judge's decision. The "son" made a strong case in "his" defence.


Unmitigated bullshyte.


Even ignoring the simple biological fact that there are TWO sexes/genders, and only two, except for the 0.3% born with genetic abnormalities which are usually corrected shortly after birth, you can tell which gender you are by looking in your pants.


You do not get to choose.


So, anyway, ignoring that fact, it is simply atrocious for the state to intervene in a case in which a father is trying to do what is best for his daughter, who is a minor.


It is atrocious for a judge to find a man guilty of domestic violence for trying to protect its daughter, especially when the "violence" was spoken words. Words are not violence.



And it is atrocious for a judge to gag a father from speaking of certain things with his daughter.


And it is atrocious for a judge to violate the father's constitutional rights of freedom of conscience and expression by gagging him from speaking to news outlets.


This is absolutely Kafkaesque.


Oh, and the daughter did not sue the father, the father appealed a decision that prevented him from being involved in raising his daughter.
 
coldstream
+1
#11
We would have to start repatriate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms from the courts to the Parliament of Canada. It has been usurped by these intellectual and moral mediocrities that inhabit Constitutional Courts of Appeal up to SCOC.

They have lost all touch with any moral absolutes and are reveling in unfettered power. This case shows they have lost their reason and have wandered into treason by usurping legislative powers from the Legislative Assemblies and Parliament. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We are being governed by a judicial tyranny.
 
Cannuck
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

She is hardly my "darling".

Of course she is
 
Serryah
-1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Unmitigated bullshyte.


Even ignoring the simple biological fact that there are TWO sexes/genders, and only two, except for the 0.3% born with genetic abnormalities which are usually corrected shortly after birth, you can tell which gender you are by looking in your pants.


Wrong - you can tell sexual parts by what's in your pants, gender is NOT a physical appearance. Two separate things.



Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

You do not get to choose.


Correct, being Trans isn't a choice.



Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

So, anyway, ignoring that fact, it is simply atrocious for the state to intervene in a case in which a father is trying to do what is best for his daughter, who is a minor.


First off, it's son, not daughter. Unless the father's actions is putting the child in danger, which he is. By continuing to belittle and degrade his son, he is ignoring the mental health of his child and endangering his child. In that case, the child's welfare DOES fall under that of the state.



Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

It is atrocious for a judge to find a man guilty of domestic violence for trying to protect its daughter, especially when the "violence" was spoken words. Words are not violence.


Son. And you are a complete effing MORON to think words cannot be violent. Words can indeed be violent and cause as much, if not more, damage than something physical.



Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

And it is atrocious for a judge to gag a father from speaking of certain things with his daughter.


Son. And when those words emotionally abuse his child, yeah, the court can do that, too, although IMO the court should remove the child from the father's care.



Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

And it is atrocious for a judge to violate the father's constitutional rights of freedom of conscience and expression by gagging him from speaking to news outlets.


And what about the son's right not to be outed to a society that has assholes like you who will degrade or even be violent to him, just because he's trans? It's not the public's business what gender he is, until he's of age to determine who can and can't know.


Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Oh, and the daughter did not sue the father, the father appealed a decision that prevented him from being involved in raising his daughter.


Son did not sue the father. And the decision preventing him from being involved in the raising of his son was obviously warranted from what it said in the article.

I know you don't have the mental capacity to really understand what being Trans is but that doesn't mean you get to go all free transphobic on a fourteen year old kid. He's got enough of this from his father.
 
Colpy
+5
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Wrong - you can tell sexual parts by what's in your pants, gender is NOT a physical appearance. Two separate things..


Gender is revealed by physical appearance.


Male or female, no others.


Except for the deviance of 0.3 % of the population, and that is deviance, not normality.


Quote:

Correct, being Trans isn't a choice.


No, it is a mental illness, a delusion.



Quote:

First off, it's son, not daughter. Unless the father's actions is putting the child in danger, which he is. By continuing to belittle and degrade his son, he is ignoring the mental health of his child and endangering his child. In that case, the child's welfare DOES fall under that of the state.


The people abusing his daughter are the mother, the doctors, and the state. That is what is endangering his child.


Quote:

Son. And you are a complete effing MORON to think words cannot be violent. Words can indeed be violent and cause as much, if not more, damage than something physical.


DAUGHTER.


Anyone that says words are violence is a ****ing moron, with absolute no understanding of individual rights or liberty.


Quote:

Son. And when those words emotionally abuse his child, yeah, the court can do that, too, although IMO the court should remove the child from the father's care.


DAUGHTER


He is not emotionally abusing his child, anymore than you would be abusing a child that wants to try to fly by jumping poff a roof by trying to talk her out of it.


Quote:

And what about the son's right not to be outed to a society that has assholes like you who will degrade or even be violent to him, just because he's trans? It's not the public's business what gender he is, until he's of age to determine who can and can't know.


DAUGHTER, and who the phuck are you to assume I would inj any way abuse any human being?


You don't know me.


And you are wrong, as well as an idiot.


Quote:

Son did not sue the father. And the decision preventing him from being involved in the raising of his son was obviously warranted from what it said in the article.

I know you don't have the mental capacity to really understand what being Trans is but that doesn't mean you get to go all free transphobic on a fourteen year old kid. He's got enough of this from his father.


A steaming heap of ludicrous BS.
 
Cannuck
#15
Hehehe...thanks for your medical opinion
 
Hoid
#16
Clompy layin down the gender law.

Something tells me he can go on all day
 
DaSleeper
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Clompy layin down the gender law.

Something tells me he can go on all day

You're the ass doing all the braying!
 
MHz
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You're the ass doing all the braying!

You going to appeal the conviction??
 
Dixie Cup
+5
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Hehehe...thanks for your medical opinion



The Judge has rendered his "medical opinion" of which he has no authority to do so and is simply continuing the abuse of a child who is confused and likely has mental health issues. She needs help not abuse by the courts.
 
Hoid
+1
#20
Or by their father
 
Serryah
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Gender is revealed by physical appearance.


Male or female, no others.


Except for the deviance of 0.3 % of the population, and that is deviance, not normality.





No, it is a mental illness, a delusion.






The people abusing his daughter are the mother, the doctors, and the state. That is what is endangering his child.





DAUGHTER.


Anyone that says words are violence is a ****ing moron, with absolute no understanding of individual rights or liberty.





DAUGHTER


He is not emotionally abusing his child, anymore than you would be abusing a child that wants to try to fly by jumping poff a roof by trying to talk her out of it.





DAUGHTER, and who the phuck are you to assume I would inj any way abuse any human being?


You don't know me.


And you are wrong, as well as an idiot.





A steaming heap of ludicrous BS.


By the bolded parts of YOUR comment, you prove that you have no problem injuring anyone, even 14 year old kids. The denials you so proudly claim ARE abusive and Transphobic, ergo, injuring to the SON of this story.

Again, just because you're transphobic doesn't mean you get to go and be a total asshole to a 14 year old kid.

Also, if words DIDN'T hurt, Trans kids, gay kids and other kids wouldn't kill themselves because of bullying, ESPECIALLY bullying by asshole adults like you.
 
Colpy
+5
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

By the bolded parts of YOUR comment, you prove that you have no problem injuring anyone, even 14 year old kids. The denials you so proudly claim ARE abusive and Transphobic, ergo, injuring to the SON of this story.

Again, just because you're transphobic doesn't mean you get to go and be a total asshole to a 14 year old kid.

Also, if words DIDN'T hurt, Trans kids, gay kids and other kids wouldn't kill themselves because of bullying, ESPECIALLY bullying by asshole adults like you.


Here are some FACTS for you, not just my opinion, solid facts


Biology: There are only two sexes, and you do not get to choose.


80%.........that is 4 out of 5 children that "identify" as the opposite sex change their minds in adulthood. Most are simply gay, and confused.


There are increasing numbers of transitioned individuals wishing to de-transition.



The hormone blockers used to interrupt puberty are given in large doses, and are not approved by the FDA or any other medical approval board for the purposes for which they are used.



The suicide attempt rate among TGs is over 40%. That is not changed by transition. And it is not due to persecution. The suicide rate among Jews under German control was much less than 40%......and if you are going to tell me TG are under more persecution, I'm gonna tell you that is ridiculous.


The above suicide stat proves TGs have severe mental problems.


Side effects of hormone blockers include bone loss (my wife has osteoporosis, believe me this is no joke), increased risk of diabetes and heart disease later on, and very possibly deviance in brain development.



Loss of fertility.


Loss of sexual desire and sexual response.



And that doesn't even take into account the risks of multiple surgeries, for a goal that may not be what the child wants at all 5 or ten years down the road.


It is not I, nor the father abusing these kids by exposing them to extensive risk, it is the state and the doctors that encourage these actions. They are using children as guinea pigs in a huge experiment.



And they are refusing to help them with the real problem....psychologically re-aligning their physical body and their imagined gender. To abandon the mentally ill, refusing to help them, is cruel......especially to children.


If someone want to do this stuff as an adult, fine. None of my business, or anyone else's.


But letting kids too young to drive, to vote, to drink, make such momentous decisions is insanity.
 
Hoid
#23
Its like he was frozen in 1952 and they just thawed him out.

Its a health issue

Period
 
Serryah
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Here are some FACTS for you, not just my opinion, solid facts


Biology: There are only two sexes, and you do not get to choose.


80%.........that is 4 out of 5 children that "identify" as the opposite sex change their minds in adulthood. Most are simply gay, and confused.


There are increasing numbers of transitioned individuals wishing to de-transition.



The hormone blockers used to interrupt puberty are given in large doses, and are not approved by the FDA or any other medical approval board for the purposes for which they are used.



The suicide attempt rate among TGs is over 40%. That is not changed by transition. And it is not due to persecution. The suicide rate among Jews under German control was much less than 40%......and if you are going to tell me TG are under more persecution, I'm gonna tell you that is ridiculous.


The above suicide stat proves TGs have severe mental problems.


Side effects of hormone blockers include bone loss (my wife has osteoporosis, believe me this is no joke), increased risk of diabetes and heart disease later on, and very possibly deviance in brain development.



Loss of fertility.


Loss of sexual desire and sexual response.



And that doesn't even take into account the risks of multiple surgeries, for a goal that may not be what the child wants at all 5 or ten years down the road.


It is not I, nor the father abusing these kids by exposing them to extensive risk, it is the state and the doctors that encourage these actions. They are using children as guinea pigs in a huge experiment.



And they are refusing to help them with the real problem....psychologically re-aligning their physical body and their imagined gender. To abandon the mentally ill, refusing to help them, is cruel......especially to children.


If someone want to do this stuff as an adult, fine. None of my business, or anyone else's.


But letting kids too young to drive, to vote, to drink, make such momentous decisions is insanity.




Holy mother of idiots, your amount of misinformation is amazing.


I honestly don't know where to start?


I think the biggest thing is that you think trans kids are getting surgeries...


Where the HELL are you getting the idea that trans kids are getting surgeries? Do you even KNOW what has to happen for a trans person to get on their blockers, let alone get surgery?

If you don't even know that much, you've no leg, foot or even presence of being in this discussion.
 
pgs
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Wrong - you can tell sexual parts by what's in your pants, gender is NOT a physical appearance. Two separate things.






Correct, being Trans isn't a choice.






First off, it's son, not daughter. Unless the father's actions is putting the child in danger, which he is. By continuing to belittle and degrade his son, he is ignoring the mental health of his child and endangering his child. In that case, the child's welfare DOES fall under that of the state.






Son. And you are a complete effing MORON to think words cannot be violent. Words can indeed be violent and cause as much, if not more, damage than something physical.






Son. And when those words emotionally abuse his child, yeah, the court can do that, too, although IMO the court should remove the child from the father's care.






And what about the son's right not to be outed to a society that has assholes like you who will degrade or even be violent to him, just because he's trans? It's not the public's business what gender he is, until he's of age to determine who can and can't know.





Son did not sue the father. And the decision preventing him from being involved in the raising of his son was obviously warranted from what it said in the article.

I know you don't have the mental capacity to really understand what being Trans is but that doesn't mean you get to go all free transphobic on a fourteen year old kid. He's got enough of this from his father.

You say the child’s welfare does fall to the state .The same state that looks after the child’s wellbeing by allowing abortion .
 
Cannuck
#26
But Colby knows a guy....
 
Colpy
+3
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Holy mother of idiots, your amount of misinformation is amazing.


I honestly don't know where to start?


I think the biggest thing is that you think trans kids are getting surgeries...


Where the HELL are you getting the idea that trans kids are getting surgeries? Do you even KNOW what has to happen for a trans person to get on their blockers, let alone get surgery?

If you don't even know that much, you've no leg, foot or even presence of being in this discussion.


Really.


Yet you fail to challenge even one of the facts I left for you.


I'll leave it to the reader to decide who has a point, and who is blowing smoke.
 
Cannuck
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

.... who is blowing smoke.

I vote Colpy.
 
Serryah
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Really.


Yet you fail to challenge even one of the facts I left for you.


I'll leave it to the reader to decide who has a point, and who is blowing smoke.




"Facts"?

Okay, post WHERE you got those facts from and then we can talk. Until you do, those are your opinions or talking points for transphobes and radfemz.
 
Cliffy
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Here are some FACTS for you, not just my opinion, solid facts


Biology: There are only two sexes, and you do not get to choose.

That does not account for hermaphrodites.

You cannot brow beat a child and expect it to grow up "normal". Brow beating causes all kinds of psychological, emotional and physical psychosis, mental and physical illness and anxiety. Let children be children and if they change their minds later on, that is none of your business. We don't own our children. We should not be trying to mold them into our own likeness. Our job is to love them unconditionally. That's it.

Like I've said before, "some parents should be aborted at birth."