Pandemic Toronto, Ground Zero


Liberalman
Free Thinker
#1
Thanks to the Toronto’s Mayor and the Premiere of Ontario Toronto will be most likely to be hit with the biggest death toll when the flu season starts in the fall later this year.

Toronto right now is dealing with a city worker strike, which affects garbage pick-up. The people have to drive their garbage to a waste transfer facility but because of the picket line they are forced to wait two hours in the most severe heat wave in a long time. The temperature has been averaging in the high twenties to low thirties celsius.

The residents of Toronto have been dumping their garbage in parks side of streets and in alleyways and where ever they can.

The Mayor has announced a snitch line for people to snitch on people who are illegally dumping.

The Black Plague I think that happened in 1917s one of the reasons was lack of sanitation laws and rats.

The Mayor is playing with people’s lives just because he supports labour.

These are extraordinary time and a garbage strike is the last thing this city needs.

The Premier of Ontario can order the strikers back to work and let the courts decide what will happen.

They ordered the Toronto Transit Commission back to work because the Pope came to town.

This is life and death, if the strike continues and Toronto starts losing loved ones later, just remember that the fault lies squarely on the Mayor of Toronto and the Premier of Ontario, you’ll have to remember this when you seek legal action due to their incompetence.
Last edited by Liberalman; Jun 24th, 2009 at 04:42 PM..Reason: ....
 
CDNBear
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

The Mayor is playing with people’s lives just because he supports labour.



If he supported labour, in this instance, he would have caved into their demands.

Though Miller is labour friendly. His current action is window dressing. He's been seen as "Giving away the store" in past labour contracts. To little to late and the Union is calling his bluff.

LMAO!!! You kill me liberalman.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#3
If the strike continues people will die and thats the big killer
 
GreenFish66
#4
ah strike won't last that long.Not as long as last time..Strikers are just usein up their sick days...Unions have no real power anymore..If they don't come to an agreement in a week or two..They will be legislated back to work like the rest.

This strike will even futher underline the need for new green/ clean technology..
Get people to focus on the waste most try to ignore...

I respect Mayor Miller ..I am sure he'll do the right thing...Make garbage pick up an essential service..Hope he won't let this go on too long..

Even if it does promote Green ideology...It could prove to be negative publicity for all involved.

This strike stinks.!
 
CDNBear
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

If the strike continues people will die and thats the big killer

Ya, ya, I've seen your spastic doom and gloom silly BS rants before liberalman.

My personal fave was the baby killing Coyote in Toronto.

We've had garbage strikes before.
Last edited by CDNBear; Jun 24th, 2009 at 04:55 PM..
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#6
CDNBear

We have had garbage strikes before but this time we are dealing with a pandemic or swine flu.

This time around we run the risk of losing Torotonians due to death at a higher rate and the history will show that the garbage strike was ground zero
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#7
Oh well ... at least they're still talking at LCBO....

Toronto wanted to dump its garbage all over Northern Ontario. Maybe it's time to learn how to deal with it.
 
CDNBear
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

CDNBear

We have had garbage strikes before but this time we are dealing with a pandemic or swine flu.

This time around we run the risk of losing Torotonians due to death at a higher rate and the history will show that the garbage strike was ground zero

I don't know if you noticed this or not...but that pandemic sorta fizzled.

Much ado about nothing, if you ask me.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#9
just like the black plague fizzled in the spring then came back in the fall.

The Indian reservations are the latest to be hit.
 
CDNBear
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

just like the black plague fizzled in the spring then came back in the fall.

Ya, like a hundred years ago liberalman...

Quote:

The Indian reservations are the latest to be hit.

Poor hygiene, cramped quarters, poor health conditions, ya, I can see how that would happen...

When you say "The Indian Reservations", do you mean all of them?

I hope not, because not all of them have been hit and certainly not even the majority.

Your posts smack of hyperbole, hysteria and nonsense. Kind of like the party you adore.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#11
CDNBear
I am just trying to save your life
Next spring you might thank me
 
CDNBear
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

CDNBear
I am just trying to save your life
Next spring you might thank me



You've got to be kidding!!!???
 
Nuggler
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Ya, like a hundred years ago liberalman...

Poor hygiene, cramped quarters, poor health conditions, ya, I can see how that would happen...

When you say "The Indian Reservations", do you mean all of them?

I hope not, because not all of them have been hit and certainly not even the majority.

Your posts smack of hyperbole, hysteria and nonsense. Kind of like the party you adore.

----------------------------------

Nah. He's talking about one up in N.Ont., where they have had a lot of flu sickness........swine....I dunno, Bear, but a lot of sickness.

It's got a lot of press in the last couple of days as some "health" dept. or something, (see how well informed I am), refused to send up 'hand sanitizer' as it contained alcohol.........no bull.........no joke.

The chiefs are pissed, and rightly so..........as in, angry

Like you say, poor Hi-Jean, close living conditions, and everything else you mentioned.

Sucks, eh.

Yep, second only to the cons, the libs are a true dysfunctional buncha dicks. NDP is WAY off the chart............. (dick chart ??)
 
CDNBear
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

----------------------------------

Nah. He's talking about one up in N.Ont., where they have had a lot of flu sickness........swine....I dunno, Bear, but a lot of sickness.

It's got a lot of press in the last couple of days as some "health" dept. or something, (see how well informed I am), refused to send up 'hand sanitizer' as it contained alcohol.........no bull.........no joke.

The chiefs are pissed, and rightly so..........as in, angry

Like you say, poor Hi-Jean, close living conditions, and everything else you mentioned.

Sucks, eh.

Yep, second only to the cons, the libs are a true dysfunctional buncha dicks. NDP is WAY off the chart............. (dick chart ??)

I hear ya Nugg, and I know what the conditions are like. And that hand sanitizer BS, well that was just over the top! I tell you this though...the swine flu is a drop in the bucket compared to what other deseases plague the reserves.

But liberalman here, is off his rocker. I say he'ld make a great politician, for any party...
 
Colpy
Conservative
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

Thanks to the Toronto’s Mayor and the Premiere of Ontario Toronto will be most likely to be hit with the biggest death toll when the flu season starts in the fall later this year.

Toronto right now is dealing with a city worker strike, which affects garbage pick-up. The people have to drive their garbage to a waste transfer facility but because of the picket line they are forced to wait two hours in the most severe heat wave in a long time. The temperature has been averaging in the high twenties to low thirties celsius.

The residents of Toronto have been dumping their garbage in parks side of streets and in alleyways and where ever they can.

The Mayor has announced a snitch line for people to snitch on people who are illegally dumping.

The Black Plague I think that happened in 1917s one of the reasons was lack of sanitation laws and rats.

The Mayor is playing with people’s lives just because he supports labour.

These are extraordinary time and a garbage strike is the last thing this city needs.

The Premier of Ontario can order the strikers back to work and let the courts decide what will happen.

They ordered the Toronto Transit Commission back to work because the Pope came to town.

This is life and death, if the strike continues and Toronto starts losing loved ones later, just remember that the fault lies squarely on the Mayor of Toronto and the Premier of Ontario, you’ll have to remember this when you seek legal action due to their incompetence.

(sigh)

The first occurance of the Black Plague (really two diseases....maybe three) in Europe was in 1347. the last major outbreak was in London, England...in 1666, I believe. Anyway, it ended when the Great Fire killed a lot of the rats that carried the fleas that carried the diseases.......

The Spanish Flu, which killed about 40 million people, occured in 1918.....and yes, it was mild in the spring, and came back with a vengence in the fall.

Call me upset when you have 1,000 dead. In Toronto. Then I might worry. But don't count on it.

This Swine Flu thing is just silly.
 
Said1
Free Thinker
#16
garbage strike? Nothing after living through 'the Great OC transpo strike' of 2008-09. As usual, Torontonians are mistaking themselves for the center of the universe.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#17
Spanish flu I stand corrected
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#18
Colpy Toronto will have a lot more then that
 
petros
#19
Corporate Swine Flu
 

Similar Threads

1
60
Pandemic: Coming soon to a body near you.
by Haggis McBagpipe | Nov 25th, 2004