Astronomers discover “deep structure” under moon’s largest crater


B00Mer
#1
ASTRONOMERS DISCOVER “DEEP STRUCTURE” UNDER MOON’S LARGEST CRATER



https://futurism.com/the-byte/deep-s...ZRpA2nH-1JLYF0

ET?
 
Curious Cdn
#2
Is it a big, shiny black, rectangular solid, by any chance?
 
B00Mer
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Is it a big, shiny black, rectangular solid, by any chance?

What, did you loose something up there?

You would loose your head if it wasn't screwed on..
 
Curious Cdn
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What, did you loose something up there?
You would loose your head if it wasn't screwed on..

http://youtu.be/oU4Rk0NATNs
 
Blackleaf
#5
I watched this month's The Sky At Night on BBC Four last night. They are talking about building a base on the moon
 
Curious Cdn
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I watched this month's The Sky At Night on BBC Four last night. They are talking about building a base on the moon

"They" being whom?

The Chinese?

Wallace and Grommit?
 
Hoid
#7
The failing NYT
 
B00Mer
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"They" being whom?
The Chinese?
Wallace and Grommit?


Trump to Announce Human Moon Base Mission and Lunar Mining?
 
Curious Cdn
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Trump to Announce Human Moon Base Mission and Lunar Mining?

Riiiigh. Get the Moon Monsters to pay for it.

Trump announces all sorts of whacky things. There is no practical reason to establish a moon base. Mining basalt is not exactly profitable. The Moon's origins are different from those of Earth and it is not Ioaded with metals, like our planet is. It's made out if the froth blown off the surface of the young Earth by a collision.

So, the Moon base is what ... a stopover on the way to Mars?

What is the point if sending humans to Mars on one-way suicide missions? Robots are doing a pretty good job up there, already.
 
MHz
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

ASTRONOMERS DISCOVER “DEEP STRUCTURE” UNDER MOON’S LARGEST CRATER



https://futurism.com/the-byte/deep-s...ZRpA2nH-1JLYF0

ET?

The remains of your brain? A structure like a sink-hole can be found on the far side of the moon. Perhaps it is just debris from the failed Jewish Moon mission, you know the one where they sent a compass to the moon for only $97B American dollars. lol
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Riiiigh. Get the Moon Monsters to pay for it.

Trump announces all sorts of whacky things. There is no practical reason to establish a moon base. Mining basalt is not exactly profitable. The Moon's origins are different from those of Earth and it is not Ioaded with metals, like our planet is. It's made out if the froth blown off the surface of the young Earth by a collision.

So, the Moon base is what ... a stopover on the way to Mars?

What is the point if sending humans to Mars on one-way suicide missions? Robots are doing a pretty good job up there, already.

If there had been any collision the moon and earth would look like the asteroid belt it just missing all together.

Nice of you to show you can't think for yourself, when you throw a ball through a window does the glass reform into a window before it hits the ground. The new crack could eject material that would fall to earth rather than return to the moon. Now apply that to the old metal core of the moon and apply that to all the heavy metals that are found on the crust of the earth when the rest are deep inside the core of the earth.
 
taxslave
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Riiiigh. Get the Moon Monsters to pay for it.
Trump announces all sorts of whacky things. There is no practical reason to establish a moon base. Mining basalt is not exactly profitable. The Moon's origins are different from those of Earth and it is not Ioaded with metals, like our planet is. It's made out if the froth blown off the surface of the young Earth by a collision.
So, the Moon base is what ... a stopover on the way to Mars?
What is the point if sending humans to Mars on one-way suicide missions? Robots are doing a pretty good job up there, already.

Some people simply have vision and some of you are just simple.
 
Blackleaf
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"They" being whom?
The Chinese?
Wallace and Grommit?

It's the Americans.

They've got a British architect company to design the Moon base.
 
Curious Cdn
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

If there had been any collision the moon and earth would look like the asteroid belt it just missing all together.
Nice of you to show you can't think for yourself, when you throw a ball through a window does the glass reform into a window before it hits the ground. The new crack could eject material that would fall to earth rather than return to the moon. Now apply that to the old metal core of the moon and apply that to all the heavy metals that are found on the crust of the earth when the rest are deep inside the core of the earth.

The moon and the Earth did not collide. The Earth collided with another planet and the moon coalessed out of the splash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Moon
 
Curious Cdn
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It's the Americans.
They've got a British architect company to design the Moon base.

6 volt, positive earth wiring, manual roll-up windows with a 10 micron thick skin made out of recycled Ern Bru cans.

British know how.
 
Cliffy
#16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgD89VYkVc


Haynes Baked Beans Astronaut Ad
 
Cliffy
#17
 
MHz
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The moon and the Earth did not collide. The Earth collided with another planet and the moon coalessed out of the splash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Moon

Nope. Are any of the marks on the far side of the moon sink-holes?
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#19  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Nope. Are any of the marks on the far side of the moon sink-holes?

Sink holes, eh? From all the water up there?
 
MHz
#20
When the core of the moon shifted so it was closer to earth than the rest of the moon what filled in the area the core moved away from? (that would be the far side of the moon) I gave up expecting serious answers around here. Low morals and dumber than a rock would be your particular handicap.
 
B00Mer
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

When the core of the moon shifted so it was closer to earth than the rest of the moon what filled in the area the core moved away from? (that would be the far side of the moon) I gave up expecting serious answers around here. Low morals and dumber than a rock would be your particular handicap.

Moron
 
petros
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Riiiigh. Get the Moon Monsters to pay for it.
Trump announces all sorts of whacky things. There is no practical reason to establish a moon base. Mining basalt is not exactly profitable. The Moon's origins are different from those of Earth and it is not Ioaded with metals, like our planet is. It's made out if the froth blown off the surface of the young Earth by a collision.
So, the Moon base is what ... a stopover on the way to Mars?
What is the point if sending humans to Mars on one-way suicide missions? Robots are doing a pretty good job up there, already.

Major Elements – In lunar rocks and soils 99% of the mass consists of the following 7 chemical elements.

Oxygen (41-45%) | Silicon (Si) | Aluminum (Al) | Calcium (Ca) | Iron (Fe) | Magnesium (Mg) | Titanium (Ti)


Everything needed for space travel. Just add hydrogen.
 
Blackleaf
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

6 volt, positive earth wiring, manual roll-up windows with a 10 micron thick skin made out of recycled Ern Bru cans.
British know how.

Yes. British know-how. I'm assuming that's why they've asked the British to design it. You know: the people who designed and built St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace.
 
MHz
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Moron

Psychopathic troll, do you have a point??
 
MHz
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Major Elements – In lunar rocks and soils 99% of the mass consists of the following 7 chemical elements.

Oxygen (41-45%) | Silicon (Si) | Aluminum (Al) | Calcium (Ca) | Iron (Fe) | Magnesium (Mg) | Titanium (Ti)


Everything needed for space travel. Just add hydrogen.

Anything like this 'moon-rock'?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32581790/n...etrified-wood/
AMSTERDAM — It's not green cheese, but it might as well be.
The Dutch national museum said Thursday that one of its prized possessions, a rock supposedly brought back from the moon by U.S. astronauts, is just a piece of petrified wood.
Rijksmuseum spokeswoman Xandra van Gelder, who oversaw the investigation that proved the piece was a fake, said the museum will keep it anyway as a curiosity.
"It's a good story, with some questions that are still unanswered," she said. "We can laugh about it."
 
petros
#26
Sure, why not? It's still usable for rocket fuel and iron.
 
MHz
#27
You saying the moon had forests at one time??
 
Gilgamesh
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What, did you loose something up there?

You would loose your head if it wasn't screwed on..

Lose
 
Gilgamesh
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The moon and the Earth did not collide. The Earth collided with another planet and the moon coalessed out of the splash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Moon

Possibly.
 
Curious Cdn
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Some people simply have vision and some of you are just simple.

You're the cheapskate that doesn't even want to pay for sewer and water and you think that throwing a trillion tax dollars at a "vision" with a 0.001% chance of generating a return at all is wise?

Really?

Have you thought your position through, lately?