Ban on Single Use Plastic bags:2021

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
PM announces Canada's move on single-use plastics

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...ater-1.4459274

about time. The planet is starting to suffocate in plastic refuse.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Already posted..

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...d.php?t=163753

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Already posted..

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...d.php?t=163753

Ok....thanks. I missed it. ;-(

Hoid
Singh said the NDP would do it by 2022

So Trudeau had to one up him.

Walter
+2
Virtue signalling.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
More stupidity from trudOWE. SIngle use plastics would include water bottles, pill bottles and most packaging including wrapping for meat at the grocery store.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
Back to paper Lol, around and around the mulberry bush we go

Hoid
yes this is like the 20th time we have banned plastic

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Your so cute when your trying to be a prick Hoid

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
... and condoms??

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Your so cute when your trying to be a prick Hoid

I know this must be devastating for the white nattys

Imagine something that Canadians want being done!

What next?

Democracy?

pgs
Free Thinker
+5
#12  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I know this must be devastating for the white nattys

Imagine something that Canadians want being done!

What next?

Democracy?

Yes we want our brown paper bags back . We didnít want plastic bags in the first place . Government in a fit of environmental consciousness mandated the use of plastic to save the trees . The trees donít matter so much anymore .

Hoid
Canadians overwhelmingly support action to reduce plastic waste.

The only ones who do not are - surprise surprise - the ones who don't believe in climate change.

And nobody cares what they think.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4
An actual quote from Justin Trudeau

Walter
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

An actual quote from Justin Trudeau

Audio is even funnier. What an ass Justine is.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

Canadians overwhelmingly support action to reduce plastic waste.
The only ones who do not are - surprise surprise - the ones who don't believe in climate change.
And nobody cares what they think.

Nobody has said not to ban single use plastic dumbass, we are asking what is the alternative that is environmentally sustainable, paper was banned once remember? Now it's the answer? C'mon man even you can't be that daft not to recognize the hypocrisy of the perpetual environmental activist.

Kreskin
+1 / -1
I'm a proponent of banning rather than some extra dumb plastic tax. Legislation beats taxation.

Walter
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I'm a proponent of banning rather than some extra dumb plastic tax. Legislation beats taxation.

Neither is good.

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Are you not paying a disposal fee at the counter already? Up to $0.05/bag when they ask you if you want a bag

coldstream
+4
My supermarket now charges 5 cents a bag for shopping bags. But i look in what it contains.. from fruit, vegetables, cheese, processed food, meats, drinks and its all covered in plastic. This does not address the issue. With all of the wonders of science and chemical engineering i'm sure we could come up with biodegradable plastic that could solve the issue.

Hoid
There is no one action that is going to eliminate this problem. A ban on certain plastics is one thing that can be tried in order to help out.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
I remember when re-using things, and repairing rather than replacing, and suchlike frugal habits were a conservative value.

Tecumsehsbones

There is no one action that is going to eliminate this problem. A ban on certain plastics is one thing that can be tried in order to help out.

There is data, in point of fact. Ireland has had a "bag tax" for several years, and it led to a 90% reduction in single-use plastic bags.

But there's no need for facts when you've got coldstream's logic that a reduction in plastic doesn't reduce plastic.

petros
+2
If there were a nickle deposit on a bag you'd never see one in a landfill ever again.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

More stupidity from trudOWE. SIngle use plastics would include water bottles, pill bottles and most packaging including wrapping for meat at the grocery store.

So what?? Time for innovative thinking and products.........before we choke the ocean and its wonderful inhabitants with human plastic refuse.There sis no need to get plastic grocery bags when one can use fabric reusable ones.

The humanoid has to take responsibility for its actions on this splendid planet....that is home to everyone.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If there were a nickle deposit on a bag you'd never see one in a landfill ever again.

Would you trade one in to get your nickel refund, then get a second hand one with a new nickel deposit? Or throw them out and have people scrounge through garbage bins to bring them to the plastic bag refund center? Sounds a little cumbersome.

Mowich
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I remember when re-using things, and repairing rather than replacing, and suchlike frugal habits were a conservative value.

They still are in some pockets of our country, Tec. When you live in a very rural area it pays to re-use and repair rather than a lengthy trip to town. Trouble is so many items these days are not built to last and cannot be repaired at home except by someone with the technical or engineering capability.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

They still are in some pockets of our country, Tec. When you live in a very rural area it pays to re-use and repair rather than a lengthy trip to town. Trouble is so many items these days are not built to last and cannot be repaired at home except by someone with the technical or engineering capability.

The disposable culture has to come to an end.....or at least be curtailed.........as even planet earth has finite space.

petros
+1

Would you trade one in to get your nickel refund, then get a second hand one with a new nickel deposit? Or throw them out and have people scrounge through garbage bins to bring them to the plastic bag refund center? Sounds a little cumbersome.

Nope. A beer can lasts no more than an hour in my blue bin before it's scooped by a rubbie, why would a bag not see the same fate?

Those deposits keep junkies from smashing car windows.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Well, it would be nice if you were to leave the guy a bag or two to carry the swag off to cash the cans in though.

That might solve both problems.

Now, if we could just get the winos to take baths, it would all be nice neat and clean.