Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

MHz
She ever read the story of the Indian's beaver being plucked when it is ripe? This has a bit of stab in the heart as well from the front rather than from behind like it would be if they were both from 'the same kind'. Imagine the power if you knew that and were only about 40, better than time-traveler stock tips.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have made contact with reality today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

And have recognized that the "Trudeau mania" mass insanity that infected civil service union HOGS, Black Lives Matter bigots and

Idle No More convicted thieves and an assortment of grossly selfish special interest groups............................................ ............

HAS ENDED IN LIE-beral DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaminator
+5

spaminator
+2
KINSELLA: Liberals deserve a swift kick in the Butts
Warren Kinsella
Published:
July 21, 2019
Updated:
July 21, 2019 12:35 PM EDT
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (L) and his principal secretary Gerald Butts take part in a meeting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on April 21, 2017. (REUTERS/Chris Wattie)
Kick me.
Here’s a little-known fact: The “kick me” sign — which is usually affixed to some hapless soul’s back or behind, for laughs — was apparently devised by merry-making Scots during the 16th Century.
They did it to celebrate April Fool’s. “Kick me” thereafter became so popular, it spread to the British Isles and then rest of the world.
And so, this week, the Liberal Party of Canada stuck a “kick me” sign to its collective keester, and invited all of us to do precisely that.
The occasion? Not April Fool’s, although it certainly felt like it could be. No, the “kick me” moment heralded the inauspicious return of Justin Trudeau’s former principal secretary, and his forever-BFF, Gerald Butts.
Butts showed up for some Liberal campaign meeting. People noticed.
Yes, that Gerald Butts. He of the SNC-Lavalin meta-scandal — the one who helped propel #LavScam into hashtag hagiography.
He — the one who told us a million times that he’s a coal miner’s son. Him, the one who also told the chief of staff to the Attorney-General of Canada that Trudeau’s cabal wanted to short-circuit the criminal prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, a Liberal Party donor.
Him, “Gerry,” who famously said of interfering in the coming corruption trial of SNC-Lavalin that “there is no solution here that does not involve some interference.”
Him. Gerald Butts. He’s back.
Now, before everyone starts reaching for the smelling salts, there is a passable pretext to justify the return of Butts. For one thing, he’s smarter than all of PMO put together. And, the wheels started to come off PMO the moment Butts left.
The Liberal Party commenced sliding precipitously in the polls. Patronage scandals sprouted up like weeds. And, of course, there was this stirring bit of oratory, which ranks up there with the Gettysburg Address: “We have recently switched to drinking water bottles out of water, when we have water bottles out of a plastic sorry away from plastic towards paper-like drink-box, water-bottle sorta things.”
So, on the one hand, it makes a bit of sense that Butts is back. But, on the other, it doesn’t at all.
Two reasons.
One, Butts — fairly or not — became the face of LavScam. And not in a good way. Former ministers Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott came to embody decency, honesty and a belief in the independence of our prosecutorial system.
Butts, meanwhile, came to be seen as a guy who may have done something wrong. Why would he have resigned if that were not so?
LavScam hammered the Liberal Party in public opinion. It shredded Justin Trudeau’s promise of sunny ways. And it left his oft-made claims to be a feminist — to be the indigenous reconciler, to be the guy who’d bring back ethical government — in tatters after he expelled Wilson-Raybould and Philpott for having the temerity to speak up for the rule of law.
There’s a second reason why Gerald Butts’ return is dumb, dumb, dumb. And it’s that hoary old chestnut, Liberal arrogance.
“Liberal arrogance” has recurred so many times in Canadian politics, it practically deserves its own entry in Mel Hurtig’s Canadian Encyclopedia series. Liberal arrogance — that Grit belief that they alone know what is best for Canada, and are in fact synonymous with all that is good in Canada — is deadly.
KINSELLA: Election outcomes swayed by ‘The Hidden Conservative Voter’
THE WAR ROOM: How the Tories can stop Trudeau’s rising popularity
KINSELLA: Political hypocrisy will hurt Trudeau’s chances of re-election
Liberal arrogance has felled many a Liberal government. It is the greatest Grit weakness. And the return of Gerald Butts signals its unfortunate return, in marquee lights.
Butts is back. LavScam is back. Liberal arrogance is back.
Kick them: they deserve it.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/column...k-in-the-butts

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Warren Kinsella
Published:
July 21, 2019
Updated:
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (L) and his principal secretary Gerald Butts take part in a meeting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on April 21, 2017. (REUTERS/Chris Wattie)
Kick me.
Here’s a little-known fact: The “kick me” sign — which is usually affixed to some hapless soul’s back or behind, for laughs — was apparently devised by merry-making Scots during the 16th Century.
They did it to celebrate April Fool’s. “Kick me” thereafter became so popular, it spread to the British Isles and then rest of the world.
And so, this week, the Liberal Party of Canada stuck a “kick me” sign to its collective keester, and invited all of us to do precisely that.
The occasion? Not April Fool’s, although it certainly felt like it could be. No, the “kick me” moment heralded the inauspicious return of Justin Trudeau’s former principal secretary, and his forever-BFF, Gerald Butts.
Yes, that Gerald Butts. He of the SNC-Lavalin meta-scandal — the one who helped propel #LavScam into hashtag hagiography.
He — the one who told us a million times that he’s a coal miner’s son. Him, the one who also told the chief of staff to the Attorney-General of Canada that Trudeau’s cabal wanted to short-circuit the criminal prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, a Liberal Party donor.
Him, “Gerry,” who famously said of interfering in the coming corruption trial of SNC-Lavalin that “there is no solution here that does not involve some interference.”
Now, before everyone starts reaching for the smelling salts, there is a passable pretext to justify the return of Butts. For one thing, he’s smarter than all of PMO put together. And, the wheels started to come off PMO the moment Butts left.
The Liberal Party commenced sliding precipitously in the polls. Patronage scandals sprouted up like weeds. And, of course, there was this stirring bit of oratory, which ranks up there with the Gettysburg Address: “We have recently switched to drinking water bottles out of water, when we have water bottles out of a plastic sorry away from plastic towards paper-like drink-box, water-bottle sorta things.”
So, on the one hand, it makes a bit of sense that Butts is back. But, on the other, it doesn’t at all.
Two reasons.
One, Butts — fairly or not — became the face of LavScam. And not in a good way. Former ministers Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott came to embody decency, honesty and a belief in the independence of our prosecutorial system.
Butts, meanwhile, came to be seen as a guy who may have done something wrong. Why would he have resigned if that were not so?
LavScam hammered the Liberal Party in public opinion. It shredded Justin Trudeau’s promise of sunny ways. And it left his oft-made claims to be a feminist — to be the indigenous reconciler, to be the guy who’d bring back ethical government — in tatters after he expelled Wilson-Raybould and Philpott for having the temerity to speak up for the rule of law.
There’s a second reason why Gerald Butts’ return is dumb, dumb, dumb. And it’s that hoary old chestnut, Liberal arrogance.
“Liberal arrogance” has recurred so many times in Canadian politics, it practically deserves its own entry in Mel Hurtig’s Canadian Encyclopedia series. Liberal arrogance — that Grit belief that they alone know what is best for Canada, and are in fact synonymous with all that is good in Canada — is deadly.
Liberal arrogance has felled many a Liberal government. It is the greatest Grit weakness. And the return of Gerald Butts signals its unfortunate return, in marquee lights.

I get the feeling that Warren Kinsela has no use for this current crop of Liberals .

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Warren Kinsella
Published:
July 21, 2019
Updated:
Kick me.
Two reasons.

Oh..............................

A chance to kick LIE-beral butts??????????????????????

Wait right there............................................

I will put on my work boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I would join that line with ENTHUSIASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Liberals gamble that bringing Gerald Butts back for election campaign is worth reviving SNC-Lavalin scandal

spilledthebeer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Liberals gamble that bringing Gerald Butts back for election campaign is worth reviving SNC-Lavalin scandal

On the plus side...................................

the return of Butts......................................

is a sign of LIE-beral DESPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Always noce to see THEM SWEAT............................................. ..

even just a little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Even if I was to agree with you that title is already taken!

Originality is a valued trait...

No one wants to read the same post OVER and OVER...or even see the SAME MEME once every year for the rest of all time.

Some folks never get the "facts before insults" thing in real time.

Obama calls for more facts, fewer insults in speech to journalists...

President Obama used a keynote speech at an annual journalism dinner to lament the often divisive and sometimes vulgar state of American politics and to call on reporters to work harder to hold politicians accountable.

“Real people depend on you to uncover the truth,” Obama told a crowd of nearly 450 Monday at a dinner for the Toner Prize for Excellence in Political Reporting in Washington.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0948fd9928d0

LOL, now we have see how those "journalists" have talked about Trump.

Decapoda
+3

It's a necessity...a person can't live without a brain. Trudeau couldn't even pick out his own socks to wear without Butts assistance, winning an election would be a monumental task for him.

Canadians generally are fickle, apathetic, and have short memories, and Trudeau knows it...this is likely a strategically good move for him. Unfortunately, voters are likely tired of hearing about Lavscam and are willing to overlook systematic corruption and lies for a smile. This election will be more of a metric of the values of Canadian voters than it will be for Trudeau. Unlike 2015, we have a clear picture of who the Trudeau Liberals are...what they stand for, and more importantly, what they don't.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

It's a necessity...a person can't live without a brain. Trudeau couldn't even pick out his own socks to wear without Butts assistance, winning an election would be a monumental task for him.

Canadians generally are fickle, apathetic, and have short memories, and Trudeau knows it...this is likely a strategically good move for him. Unfortunately, voters are likely tired of hearing about Lavscam and are willing to overlook systematic corruption and lies for a smile. This election will be more of a metric of the values of Canadian voters than it will be for Trudeau. Unlike 2015, we have a clear picture of who the Trudeau Liberals are...what they stand for, and more importantly, what they don't.

Yes.........................sadly too many Cdns DO HAVE short memories.......................................... .....

and most of them are apathetic......................................... ...

just look at the 55 plus percent of people who NEVER VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But OH DEAR.............................................. .....

the number of Cdns who are ENTIRELY PISSED OFF at LIE-berals this time around.............................

is VERY LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals FEAR that a lot of Cdns will wake up in October...................................

and chose to make their way to a polling booth for the first time in decades.........................................

and sweep LIE-berals AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

In a tidal wave of public anger and disgust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

just look at the 55 plus percent of people who NEVER VOTE

!!

WHO would you vote for when there's no one running who's fit to elected?

Hoid

Yes this is the standard troll.

Hillary is just as bad as Trump etc etc.

The right badly needs voter apathy

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Yes this is the standard troll.

Hillary is just as bad as Trump etc etc.

The right badly needs voter apathy

I'm a Canadian boy living in Canada, paying taxes in Canada, supporting workers in Canada and consuming goods and services in Canada! WTF would I have any interest in either Trump or Hillary, except to piss the likes of you off? You and your ilk have a screw loose to be dwelling on the same shit day after day, year after year.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

I'm a Canadian boy living in Canada, paying taxes in Canada, supporting workers in Canada and consuming goods and services in Canada! WTF would I have any interest in either Trump or Hillary, except to piss the likes of you off? You and your ilk have a screw loose to be dwelling on the same shit day after day, year after year.

Maybe, if you weren't on here 24/7 ...

JamesBondo
+2
Hillary would have crushed the economy, curious cnt.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Butts is back.

I guess that Justin sent him to the corner for a bit.

Didn't anyone tell Justin just how much harm that could do to Butt's fragile Id?

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

I'm no fan of Hillary but the Frankenstein monster that did end up in the White House needs to be driven out of the village with torches.

You wouldn't get any of that, Junior.

BTW, What made you leave the safety of your guns-guns-guns thread?

Careful.

You'll end up way over your head.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Yay, another dipshit who thinks there's much a president can do about the economy one way or another.

spilledthebeer

Oh JLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You offer up the STANDARD LIE-beral invitation to SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

You whine about bad candidates.......................................

And CRAVENLY SUGGEST we might as well vote for LIE-berals.......................................

as ALL politicians are SLIMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a PATHETIC LIE-beral hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

The TRUTH THAT LIE-berals stoutly DENY.............................................

for fear it will BITE THEM ON THE ASS............................................... ....

IS THIS::::

If you want BETTER LEADERS..................................

then you MUST FIRST VOTE OUT............................................... ......

the EXISTING SWINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means LIE-berals MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the MOUNTING EVIDENCE INDICATES......................................... .............

that ALL LIE-berals are THE WORST OF SLIMY WEASELS.......................................

UNFIT TO GOVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheer and his gang are a mix of old faces........................................

who brought us through the 2006 economic melt down ........................................

BETTER than any other G8 country under Harper............................................ ......

and some new faces that DO NOT carry.................................

LIE-beral style scandal and CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By comparison our NDP and GREENIE OPTIONS are merely MORE EXTREME........................................... ..

and even less competent RETREADS...........................

of LIE-beral crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Max Bernier might have some qualities to recommend him though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you see JLM..............................................

whiners like you will NEVER GET better candidates...................

because you REFUSE to repudiate THE WORST CANDIDATES........................................ ...........

so the field can be cleared for better choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Whiners like you are your own worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I have already explained to you that LIE-berals have had their shot......................................

AND BOTCHED IT TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

THEY MUST GO................................................ ..

so there will be room for better others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yay, another dipshit who thinks there's much a president can do about the economy one way or another.

Yeah, you'd recognize a dip shit for sure!

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Exactly why we should vote for Max .

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Oh JLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You offer up the STANDARD LIE-beral invitation to SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

You poor bastard, you are so full of shit you are ready to explode! Tell me where I said we should vote for Trudeau and Liberals, or STFU.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Exactly why we should vote for Max .

Nah, the best thing that could happen to save our bacon, is for Harper to throw his hat in the ring again.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Butts is back.
I guess that Justin sent him to the corner for a bit.
Didn't anyone tell Justin just how much harm that could do to Butt's fragile Id?

Basking in the light of trudeau's butts are yah?

Cheeky doood!

spilledthebeer
+1

Yeah, you'd recognize a dip shit for sure!

Poor T-bonesforbrains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time he sees a LIE-beral giving away dip shit for free..............................................

HE JUST CANNOT HELP HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He always grabs a BIG BUCKET FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And takes it home for his very own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich
Conservative
+3

spilledthebeer

You poor bastard, you are so full of shit you are ready to explode! Tell me where I said we should vote for Trudeau and Liberals, or STFU.

Oh.................................. Joyous LIE-beral Monkey.....................................

we HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You CANNOT SLAG ANY VIEW THAT IS NOT LIE-beral............................................. .......

WITHOUT BECOMING A LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

NDPers and GREENIES are merely the LESS INTELLIGENT COUSINS of LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals, NDPers and Greenies have a LOT IN COMMON............................................ ......

with so called "Kissing Cousins"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

That is a fairly plain inference to them BEING RATHER INBRED............................................ ..

just so you understand fully.....................................

for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danbones
Free Thinker
What would be the worst is a lie-barrel coalition with either or both of those parties, because of what the Lieberrals will do to get them "on side" into a coalition in the first place. The conservatives may not be so lucky to get them to team up.

JamesBondo
+1
Trudeau said that the budget will balance itself, so when it doesn't will the hardcore liberals blame Trudeau? They should but they won't