Open military to non citizens?


Hoid
#661
Canada has no need for fighter jets.

none.
 
spilledthebeer
#662
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Canada has no need for fighter jets.

none.




HOID secretly fears he is a jet



fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#663
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Canada has no need for fighter jets.

none.


That's for sure...…………………………………………………..until someone starts sumpin!
 
Hoid
#664
when was the last time someone started sumpin, punkin?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#665
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

when was the last time someone started sumpin, punkin?


The "last time" doesn't matter...………………..the next one does! Smarten up lest you surpass Putz!
 
Hoid
#666
The last one matters a great deal to some of us.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#667
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The last one matters a great deal to some of us.


Like it did to three to my uncles, so don't get too rambunctious!
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#668
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The "last time" doesn't matter...………………..


Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Like it did to three to my uncles...

You should make up your mind
 
Hoid
#669
at any rate the next one will not be fought in canada and will not not be influenced one way or the other by our participation.

while our need for fire fighting aircraft will only increase

we will devote billions to fighters that are of no use to any one and next to nothing to water and chemical bombers that would be of immense tangible benefit to canadians.

because our political system is broken and cannot be fixed
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#670
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

at any rate the next one will not be fought in canada and will not not be influenced one way or the other by our participation.
while our need for fire fighting aircraft will only increase
we will devote billions to fighters that are of no use to any one and next to nothing to water and chemical bombers that would be of immense tangible benefit to canadians.
because our political system is broken and cannot be fixed

Doesn't most Provincial Gov. forest fire fighting hire most of the water bombers from sub contractors and pay standby to have quick access? Cheaper than upkeeping planes and hiring and training pilots and keeping them on salary?
 
Hoid
#671
we are scrimping on everything and spending billions on fighters that will never save a single Canadian life.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
#672
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

we are scrimping on everything and spending billions on fighters that will never save a single Canadian life.

I don't know. If the world goes for a shyte and someone starts bombing your house, you may change your tune.

We North Americans have do far escaped the sort of privations that have flattened a lot of the world, still within living memory but there is no guarantee that we will escape it forever. We're not that special. No magic. Talk to an old lady from somewhere like Poland, or Germany or the Ukraine or Japan, China, anywhere in Eastern, Western Europe, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Central America, the Philippines, the Korean Penninsula ....
 
Hoid
#673
When was the last time someone bombed someone's house in Canada as opposed to when was the last time someone's house was threatened by wildfire.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#674
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

When was the last time someone bombed someone's house in Canada as opposed to when was the last time someone's house was threatened by wildfire.

It'll come to us eventually. Just be patient.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#675
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I don't know. If the world goes for a shyte and someone starts bombing your house, you may change your tune.
We North Americans have do far escaped the sort of privations that have flattened a lot of the world, still within living memory but there is no guarantee that we will escape it forever. We're not that special. No magic. Talk to an old lady from somewhere like Poland, or Germany or the Ukraine or Japan, China, anywhere in Eastern, Western Europe, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Central America, the Philippines, the Korean Penninsula ....

We have indeed been fortunate to be able to fight our wars on other folks' turf.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#676
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

We have indeed been fortunate to be able to fight our wars on other folks' turf.

We must be wary of hubris. Nothing lasts forever.
 
Hoid
#677
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It'll come to us eventually. Just be patient.

While we're waiting the country is burning to the ground. In case you missed Bill Nye today -\

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/enter...deo/index.html

It's time to grow up and realize the ****ing Planet is on fire.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#678
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

While we're waiting the country is burning to the ground. In case you missed Bill Nye today -\
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/enter...deo/index.html
It's time to grow up and realize the ****ing Planet is on fire.

You ain't seen nothing, yet.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#679
Climate change will be good for the Yukon, the NWT, and Nunavut.

AKA the 51st-53rd states.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#680
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Climate change will be good for the Yukon, the NWT, and Nunavut.
AKA the 51st-53rd states.

It's frozen Mastadon shit 40 feet down, up there.

Speaking of which, where is the Democratic National Convention going to be held, this time?

Minnesota?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#681
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Climate change will be good for the Yukon, the NWT, and Nunavut.

AKA the 51st-53rd states.


If the polar bears can handle it!
 
spilledthebeer
#682
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

at any rate the next one will not be fought in canada and will not not be influenced one way or the other by our participation.

while our need for fire fighting aircraft will only increase

we will devote billions to fighters that are of no use to any one and next to nothing to water and chemical bombers that would be of immense tangible benefit to canadians.

because our political system is broken and cannot be fixed




Oh HOPELESS HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!


Canadian participation WAS ESSENTIAL in previous wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!


Only a sniveling , history denying, craven coward LIE-beral would dispute that point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And it has been LIE-berals who were responsible for sending western troops with inadequate training and OBSOLETE WEAPONS off to fight Nazis and Imperial Japanese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!


One has only to read some history to understand that the war against Nazi Germany came down to TWO SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The tankers Ohio and Proserpina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Britain was doing all it could to aid the Russian survival......................................


with Britain stretched to the absolute limit...........................................


And they needed the island of Malta as an air base to attack Nazi supplies going to North Africa.............................


but the island was OUT of food and fuel.............................................


at the same time in North Africa the Eighth Army and Africa Corps were fighting at El Alamein...................................


and a British convoy managed to get through to Malta...................................


in spite of fanatic opposition........................................ ...


and Malta fighters and bombers went on the offensive with the new supplies.......................................... ..


instead of surrendering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


At that point Africa Corps was getting DESPERATE for fuel......................................


Rommel COULD NOT destroy Eighth Army without fuel for his tanks.........................................


and Italy sent its last best tanker - Proserpina.......................................


in a frantic run to refuel and save Africa Corps....................................


And Malta bombers sank Prosperina...................................


And Eighth Army survived.......................................... ........


and then launched AN ATTACK OF THEIR OWN.....................................


With virtually NO fuel left- Nazi grabbed it all and fled..............................................


abandoning their Italian allies in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If the Malta convoy- with its critical supply of fuel had not got through..............................


Malta would have surrendered....................................... ........


if Malta surrendered....................................... .........


Prosperpina would have survived and delivered its vital fuel to Rommel.......................................


and Eighth Army would have been defeated......................................


and Nazis would have marched east to occupy the Iraqi oil fields and starve Britain........................................


there would be NOTHING to stop them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND Nazis would have kept going through Iran and Iraq- both countries being as anti western then as they are now..................


and Rommel would have invaded the vital Russian oil fields of the Caucasus.......................................... ..


and that lack of fuel would have crippled the Russian war effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!


Nazi Germany ended up losing the war because of two ships...........................................


one survived at a critical time.............................................. ...................


and one sunk at a critical time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For want of a nail the shoe was lost.......................................


and for want of the shoe the horse was lost.............................................. ..


and for want of the horse the war was lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!


And thanks to decades of POISONED LIE-beral immigration policy...........................................


THE NEXT WAR IS BEING FOUGHT RIGHT HERE IN Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


The people killed on Danforth Ave are merely the LATEST Cdn casualties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!


Islam is at war with the west!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#683
Military allows F-35 to be promoted at fighter jet base in midst of $19B competition

All the bidders should have a plane for everyone to compare, The US should allow us to have a few Raptors in our arsenal.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#684
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Military allows F-35 to be promoted at fighter jet base in midst of $19B competition
All the bidders should have a plane for everyone to compare, The US should allow us to have a few Raptors in our arsenal.

This would be the first single engine jet fighter for the RCAF since the Vampires in the late 1940s. Twin engine is an old and very sensible spec. for an air force that has to operate between the 42nd parallel and the North Pole. (Are the Americans patrolling their vast Alaskan airspace with single engine F-35s? Of course not. That would be silly.) This plane doesn't meet even the basic RCAF spec. of a twin engine aircraft that they've had for two thirds of a century and it should NEVER have been on the list, at all. Peter McKay did it for whatever personal and political motivation that he had but it made so little sense from the beginning and the whole process does not pass the smell test.

This is totally the wrong aircraft for this country, unless we get back into the business of operating carriers again and there is rather slight chance of that happening.

P.S., it is so bizarrely overpriced that no one will be able to buy many of them. That will seriously weaken the abilities of our alliances if we and our allies can only fly a couple of dozen aircraft per country at any given time.

What a tur k ey.

What a monumental con job, too.
 
Hoid
#685
they are actually priced about right for what they are.

f18s were costed in at about $30 million each back in the day. the math there is roughly correct
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#686
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

they are actually priced about right for what they are.
f18s were costed in at about $30 million each back in the day. the math there is roughly correct

Canada built a fleet of 138 of them If we pull out all the stops and money is no object, we replace that with 60 hyper-sophisticated hanger queens. We'll be lucky if there are 10 working fighter planes at any given moment in the whole country, considering the constant tinkering that will have to be done on those technological marvels.

The Russians are not so stupid. They produce aircraft that are not quite as sexy but are tough, reliable and maintainable in rough circumstances and they are quite capable of emptying out the skies over a NATO that is armed with some dozens of those flimsy thoroughbreds.
 
Hoid
#687
still 30 millionish in the late 70s would be 300 millionish these days.


i could not agree more that buying these things is a massive error in judgement, but so was buying the f18s
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#688
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

This would be the first single engine jet fighter for the RCAF since the Vampires in the late 1940s. Twin engine is an old and very sensible spec. for an air force that has to operate between the 42nd parallel and the North Pole. (Are the Americans patrolling their vast Alaskan airspace with single engine F-35s? Of course not. That would be silly.) This plane doesn't meet even the basic RCAF spec. of a twin engine aircraft that they've had for two thirds of a century and it should NEVER have been on the list, at all. Peter McKay did it for whatever personal and political motivation that he had but it made so little sense from the beginning and the whole process does not pass the smell test.
This is totally the wrong aircraft for this country, unless we get back into the business of operating carriers again and there is rather slight chance of that happening.
P.S., it is so bizarrely overpriced that no one will be able to buy many of them. That will seriously weaken the abilities of our alliances if we and our allies can only fly a couple of dozen aircraft per country at any given time.
What a tur k ey.
What a monumental con job, too.

Sweden and Norway don't seem to be to concerned over single engine fighters
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#689
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Sweden and Norway don't seem to be to concerned over single engine fighters

The sortie time/distance for a Swedish or Norwegian fighter plane (Sweden borders Russia)is about ten minutes. In Canada, it's about 7 hours.

Are you really such a week critical thinker to believe our situation is in any way analagous to that of a little European country that is the size of a Prairie Province?

That's like comparing our naval requirements to those of Switzerland.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#690
Good thing we are current in our NORAD agreement, because the US will engage the enemy long before we get there, we should be looking at missile defence for the far north