SRT* (an another interpretation)


DaSleeper
+1
#91
Sometimes a light comes on like when he suggested an SSD drive for a slow laptop...
My neighbor has one and his laptop starts up twice as fast as mine...
But I only shut mine down once a week or when updates need a reboot....
Most of the time I put it in sleep mode.....
 
petros
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Sometimes a light comes on like when he suggested an SSD drive for a slow laptop...
My neighbor has one and his laptop starts up twice as fast as mine...
But I only shut mine down once a week or when updates need a reboot....
Most of the time I put it in sleep mode.....

If that's the case booting from a thumb drive would be as quick.

It's easy to try anyway.
 
MHz
#93
Start here, debunk me before I post any opinion.
NASA finds dead spiral galaxy
NASA previously thought the universe's oldest dead galaxies were ellipticals, but this discovery is evidence of galactic evolution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkSYRsRwt0E
 
MHz
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If that's the case booting from a thumb drive would be as quick.

It's easy to try anyway.

A usb connection doesn't have the bandwidth. Even SATA is slower than one plugged into PCI-E port
 
MHz
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Megaplotz, this is out of your league. .

Anything you say Dex.
Feel free to do the needed corrections.
 
socratus
#96
''DUALITY'' of Quantum Particle.
a) Sometimes quantum of light's speed IS constant.
In this kind of movement quantum of light DOESN'T have EM waves.
b) Sometimes quantum of light's speed IS variable.
In this kind of movement quantum of light DOES have EM waves.
Maybe the problem of ''DUALITY'' of quantum particle is hidden here.
===
Faster-than-light
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light
===
 
MHz
#97
So basically you have no opinion at the moment.
 
socratus
#98
No known theory can be distorted so as to provide even
an approximate explanation [of wave-particle duality].
There must be some fact of which we are entirely ignorant and
whose discovery may revolutionize our views of the relations
between waves and ether and matter.
For the present we have to work on both theories.
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we use the wave theory;
on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays we think in streams
of flying energy quanta or corpuscles.
Sir William Bragg
Attached Images
THOUGHT.jpg (11.4 KB, 1 views )
 
socratus
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by socratus View Post

No known theory can be distorted so as to provide even
an approximate explanation [of wave-particle duality].
There must be some fact of which we are entirely ignorant and
whose discovery may revolutionize our views of the relations
between waves and ether and matter.
For the present we have to work on both theories.
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we use the wave theory;
on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays we think in streams
of flying energy quanta or corpuscles.
— Sir William Bragg

Quote: Originally Posted by socratus View Post

There must be some fact of which we are entirely ignorant
— Sir William Bragg

What is the '' fact of which we are entirely ignorant '' ?
#
Planck / Einstein described ''quantum of action'' as: E=hf
where ( h) is a ''quantum of action'' of particle and (f) its frequency.
(wave / particle duality - simultaneously )
Uhlenbeck and Goudsmit described how this action is possible: E=h*f
( h bar = h/2pi )
That means the fact of wave-particle duality
''which we are entirely ignorant '' is hidden
in the movements / states of quantum particle.
=======
Last edited by socratus; Jan 3rd, 2019 at 03:12 AM..
 

Similar Threads

33
1
Two ways of displaying the interpretation
by selfsame | Jun 21st, 2016
2
The Lost Light AN INTERPRETATION
by darkbeaver | Mar 30th, 2011