Don Cherry ready to cry


Kreskin
#1
This Bruin and Leaf homer is pathetic. Glad the Habs scored in OT.
 
shadowshiv
#2
I take it you are not a Cherry fan, Kreskin?
 
Kreskin
#3
I've tried hard to be a fan of his but he blantantly pulls for teams that i don't. He sounds like nothing more than a typical biased fan who calls sports radio and complains with blinders on. What's there to like?
 
gerryh
#4
he's a fricken moron
 
shadowshiv
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I've tried hard to be a fan of his but he blantantly pulls for teams that i don't. He sounds like nothing more than a typical biased fan who calls sports radio and complains with blinders on. What's there to like?

The fact that Mclean(I think that's his name) looks like he wants to strangle Cherry sometimes?
 
talloola
#6
I thought he was embarrassing for years, but now I just feel sorry for him, as he seems
to be getting a little 'funny' as he gets older, never finishes his sentences, and keeps
saying he's not going to talk about the leafs anymore, (cause they're finished), but he
does, and you'd think the bruins were based in Toronto too, as he can't stop talking about
them either, he lives in the past, hates Europeans, still talks about 'dougie' (gilmour), as though he is still in his prime.

There are many top quality hockey people who could take his place with much more class, and they know much more about hockey as well, but cbc seems to want this 'kiddie'
entertainment thing, I don't know, it's really lame.
 
Just the Facts
#7
At least he makes no bones about it. He'll be the first to tell you he's a Leafs Bruins homer.
 
Just the Facts
#8
Who watches Habs Bruins games anyway. Sheesh.
 
Lester
#9
He still thinks there are 6 teams- The only guy I ever saw who bought his suits at an upholstry store.
 
mt_pockets1000
#10
He's a big bag of wind. I've always wondered what it would be like to see him and Lowell Green in the same room. Geez, I can hear the electricity crackling right now.

Whaddaya mean Lester? Those suits are a fashion statement!
 
Lester
#11
I swear the suit he had on last night used to grace a couch I hauled to the dump last week.
 
mt_pockets1000
#12
When I lived in Yellowknife it was a common thing for folks to frequent the dump and pick up items that were thrown out by their neighbors. One mans couch is another mans suit....

And whats with the collars? No wonder he spouts such BS. Those collars are squeezing the crap out of him.
 
CDNBear
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

he's a fricken moron

That explains a few things...
 
Kreskin
#14
That was one brutal suit. The people who make them must get a chuckle when they cash their paycheques.
 
CDNBear
#15
Suit schmuit!!!

The mans an icon.

They're as loud as he is, anything else on his back would be understated and pale. lol...
 
justalice
#16
WOW , R u canadians or what ? He there because only one reason >>> SCOTTISH

Which they have a "BIG" impact in Ontario . If you understand what I mean by it .
 
Kreskin
#17
I think the Habs and Bruins are playing tonight in Boston. Maybe he'll have a Bruins logo'd suit on for the game.
Last edited by Kreskin; Apr 13th, 2008 at 08:47 AM..
 
CDNBear
#18
LOL Probably...

But I'll still be rooting for the Habs.

Even though I'm a Habs fan to the bone, I still love Don, and not because of his Hockey life.

He's much more then just a Hockey Hack you know?
 
#juan
#19
DON CHERRY

Love or hate the former Boston Bruins and Colorado Rockies coach, Don Cherry has become an English television legend and a Canadian cultural icon since his popular between-periods segment Coach's Corner debuted on Hockey Night in Canada in 1980. A former NHL coach of the year, Cherry has ruffled some feathers with his trademark blunt analysis, but his unwavering commitment to speaking his mind and defending Canadian hockey have endeared him to millions of fans across the country. Cherry's years of experience as a hard-nosed minor league player and bench boss make him a one-of-a-kind witness to the development of professional hockey.

BY THE WAY,

That loud suit that cherry had on last night was covered with roses. It was worn in honour of Don Cherry's wife Rose, who died in 1996. I'm not a fan of Cherry's tailor but Cherry is free to wear what he wants. I get a little tired of him occasionally but damn it, He is Canadian through and through.
 
CDNBear
#20
Great post Juan!!!
 
MikeyDB
#21
Don Cherry is a pathetic clown.

Now don't get me wrong....he's capitalized on his "strangeness" and done a great deal to promote violence in hockey.... a swell guy!
 
Kreskin
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

DON CHERRY

Love or hate the former Boston Bruins and Colorado Rockies coach, Don Cherry has become an English television legend and a Canadian cultural icon since his popular between-periods segment Coach's Corner debuted on Hockey Night in Canada in 1980. A former NHL coach of the year, Cherry has ruffled some feathers with his trademark blunt analysis, but his unwavering commitment to speaking his mind and defending Canadian hockey have endeared him to millions of fans across the country. Cherry's years of experience as a hard-nosed minor league player and bench boss make him a one-of-a-kind witness to the development of professional hockey.

BY THE WAY,

That loud suit that cherry had on last night was covered with roses. It was worn in honour of Don Cherry's wife Rose, who died in 1996. I'm not a fan of Cherry's tailor but Cherry is free to wear what he wants. I get a little tired of him occasionally but damn it, He is Canadian through and through.

He is anti Habs, and to me that means WAR!!!
 
CDNBear
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

Don Cherry is a pathetic clown.

Now don't get me wrong....he's capitalized on his "strangeness" and done a great deal to promote violence in hockey.... a swell guy!

He's done more to support our Troops, create a healthy, safe, fun and peaceful environment for children suffering from terminal illnesses, he's promoted our second National sport to the world...Ya he's a pathetic clown alright.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

He is anti Habs, and to me that means WAR!!!

I'm a died in the wool Habs boy, have been since I was knee high to the Rocket. But that doesn't change the good the man has done for the sport, my brothers and sisters, the country and suffering children through 'Rose Cherry's Home for Kids'.

Ya I can eat a lil of the shyte he spews, cause he's one of the good guys.
 
#juan
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

Don Cherry is a pathetic clown.

Now don't get me wrong....he's capitalized on his "strangeness" and done a great deal to promote violence in hockey.... a swell guy!

I don't agree with everything Don Cherry says but if you think about it, what he promotes is tough hockey. How often do players get seriously hurt in a hockey fight? Almost never. What Cherry does not promote is the aggressive use of hard elbow pads and the stick work that does injure players. Personally, I would eliminate fighting from hockey since it is the only sport in the world where fighting is allowed. It would be simple to remove this feature from hockey but the owners think it sells seats so it is likely to remain part of the game.
 
karrie
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

BY THE WAY,

That loud suit that cherry had on last night was covered with roses. It was worn in honour of Don Cherry's wife Rose, who died in 1996. I'm not a fan of Cherry's tailor but Cherry is free to wear what he wants. I get a little tired of him occasionally but damn it, He is Canadian through and through.

Thanks for mentioning that juan. When I pointed it out to the gents I was watching with last night, no one knew. It's a sweet gesture, even if gaudy.
 
#juan
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

He is anti Habs, and to me that means WAR!!!

You have to understand, that Cherry's aspirations to win the Stanley Cup were thwarted by the Habs. Cherry got his bruins to the cup final twice, and both times he was beaten by the Canadiens.
 
Kreskin
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

You have to understand, that Cherry's aspirations to win the Stanley Cup were thwarted by the Habs. Cherry got his bruins to the cup final twice, and both times he was beaten by the Canadiens.

Those series had it all. Great hockey played as tough as it gets.
 
shadowshiv
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by justalice View Post

WOW , R u canadians or what ? He there because only one reason >>> SCOTTISH

Which they have a "BIG" impact in Ontario . If you understand what I mean by it .

Huh?
 
#juan
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Those series had it all. Great hockey played as tough as it gets.

You got that right. I think emotions ran higher in those days. In the last game of the second of those two series, the bruins were called for too many men. Lafluer scored on the resulting power play and won the game. Cherry still gets choked about that game because that was a bench penalty....
 
dj03
#30
I used to really enjoy Coaches Corner and listening to Cherry, but about 4 years ago his "back in the good old days" approach to hockey seemed to change into the rantings of an old man.

I think his age is starting to affect his mind.
 

Similar Threads

0
Doan debate ridiculous: Cherry
by CBC News | May 3rd, 2007
0
Off The Record with Don Cherry
by missile | Dec 17th, 2004
8
Save Don Cherry
by Anonymous | Jun 1st, 2004
4
Don Cherry for the Olympics!
by Cyberm4n | Aug 7th, 2003