Global Capitalism; Greatest Scam in History


darkbeaver
Republican
#1
Going Bankrupt

Why the Debt Crisis Is Now the Greatest Threat to the American Republic By Chalmers Johnson
23/01/08 " ICH ' -- -- The military adventurers of the Bush administration have much in common with the corporate leaders of the defunct energy company Enron. Both groups of men thought that they were the "smartest guys in the room," the title of Alex Gibney's prize-winning film on what went wrong at Enron. The neoconservatives in the White House and the Pentagon outsmarted themselves. They failed even to address the problem of how to finance their schemes of imperialist wars and global domination.
As a result, going into 2008, the United States finds itself in the anomalous position of being unable to pay for its own elevated living standards or its wasteful, overly large military establishment. Its government no longer even attempts to reduce the ruinous expenses of maintaining huge standing armies, replacing the equipment that seven years of wars have destroyed or worn out, or preparing for a war in outer space against unknown adversaries. Instead, the Bush administration puts off these costs for future generations to pay -- or repudiate. This utter fiscal irresponsibility has been disguised through many manipulative financial schemes (such as causing poorer countries to lend us unprecedented sums of money), but the time of reckoning is fast approaching.
There are three broad aspects to our debt crisis. First, in the current fiscal year (200 we are spending insane amounts of money on "defense" projects that bear no relationship to the national security of the United States. Simultaneously, we are keeping the income tax burdens on the richest segments of the American population at strikingly low levels.
Second, we continue to believe that we can compensate for the accelerating erosion of our manufacturing base and our loss of jobs to foreign countries through massive military expenditures -- so-called "military Keynesianism," which I discuss in detail in my book Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic. By military Keynesianism, I mean the mistaken belief that public policies focused on frequent wars, huge expenditures on weapons and munitions, and large standing armies can indefinitely sustain a wealthy capitalist economy. The opposite is actually true.
Third, in our devotion to militarism (despite our limited resources), we are failing to invest in our social infrastructure and other requirements for the long-term health of our country. These are what economists call "opportunity costs," things not done because we spent our money on something else. Our public education system has deteriorated alarmingly. We have failed to provide health care to all our citizens and neglected our responsibilities as the world's number one polluter. Most important, we have lost our competitiveness as a manufacturer for civilian needs -- an infinitely more efficient use of scarce resources than arms manufacturing. Let me discuss each of these.
The Current Fiscal Disaster
It is virtually impossible to overstate the profligacy of what our government spends on the military. The Department of Defense's planned expenditures for fiscal year 2008 are larger than all other nations' military budgets combined. The supplementary budget to pay for the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not part of the official defense budget, is itself larger than the combined military budgets of Russia and China. Defense-related spending for fiscal 2008 will exceed $1 trillion for the first time in history. The United States has become the largest single salesman of arms and munitions to other nations on Earth. Leaving out of account President Bush's two on-going wars, defense spending has doubled since the mid-1990s. The defense budget for fiscal 2008 is the largest since World War II.
Before we try to break down and analyze this gargantuan sum, there is one important caveat. Figures on defense spending are notoriously unreliable. The numbers released by the Congressional Reference Service and the Congressional Budget Office do not agree with each other. Robert Higgs, senior fellow for political economy at the Independent Institute, says: "A well-founded rule of thumb is to take the Pentagon's (always well publicized) basic budget total and double it." Even a cursory reading of newspaper articles about the Department of Defense will turn up major differences in statistics about its expenses. Some 30-40% of the defense budget is "black," meaning that these sections contain hidden expenditures for classified projects. There is no possible way to know what they include or whether their total amounts are accurate.
There are many reasons for this budgetary sleight-of-hand -- including a desire for secrecy on the part of the president, the secretary of defense, and the military-industrial complex -- but the chief one is that members of Congress, who profit enormously from defense jobs and pork-barrel projects in their districts, have a political interest in supporting the Department of Defense. In 1996, in an attempt to bring accounting standards within the executive branch somewhat closer to those of the civilian economy, Congress passed the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act. It required all federal agencies to hire outside auditors to review their books and release the results to the public. Neither the Department of Defense, nor the Department of Homeland Security has ever complied. Congress has complained, but not penalized either department for ignoring the law. The result is that all numbers released by the Pentagon should be regarded as suspect.
In discussing the fiscal 2008 defense budget, as released to the press on February 7, 2007, I have been guided by two experienced and reliable analysts: William D. Hartung of the New America Foundation's Arms and Security Initiative and Fred Kaplan, defense correspondent for Slate.org. They agree that the Department of Defense requested $481.4 billion for salaries, operations (except in Iraq and Afghanistan), and equipment. They also agree on a figure of $141.7 billion for the "supplemental" budget to fight the "global war on terrorism" -- that is, the two on-going wars that the general public may think are actually covered by the basic Pentagon budget. The Department of Defense also asked for an extra $93.4 billion to pay for hitherto unmentioned war costs in the remainder of 2007 and, most creatively, an additional "allowance" (a new term in defense budget documents) of $50 billion to be charged to fiscal year 2009. This comes to a total spending request by the Department of Defense of $766.5 billion.
But there is much more. In an attempt to disguise the true size of the American military empire, the government has long hidden major military-related expenditures in departments other than Defense. For example, $23.4 billion for the Department of Energy goes toward developing and maintaining nuclear warheads; and $25.3 billion in the Department of State budget is spent on foreign military assistance (primarily for Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Republic, Egypt, and Pakistan). Another $1.03 billion outside the official Department of Defense budget is now needed for recruitment and reenlistment incentives for the overstretched U.S. military itself, up from a mere $174 million in 2003, the year the war in Iraq began. The Department of Veterans Affairs currently gets at least $75.7 billion, 50% of which goes for the long-term care of the grievously injured among the at least 28,870 soldiers so far wounded in Iraq and another 1,708 in Afghanistan. The amount is universally derided as inadequate. Another $46.4 billion goes to the Department of Homeland Security.
Missing as well from this compilation is $1.9 billion to the Department of Justice for the paramilitary activities of the FBI; $38.5 billion to the Department of the Treasury for the Military Retirement Fund; $7.6 billion for the military-related activities of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration; and well over $200 billion in interest for past debt-financed defense outlays. This brings U.S. spending for its military establishment during the current fiscal year (200, conservatively calculated, to at least $1.1 trillion.
Military Keynesianism
Such expenditures are not only morally obscene, they are fiscally unsustainable. Many neoconservatives and poorly informed patriotic Americans believe that, even though our defense budget is huge, we can afford it because we are the richest country on Earth. Unfortunately, that statement is no longer true. The world's richest political entity, according to the CIA's "World Factbook," is the European Union. The EU's 2006 GDP (gross domestic product -- all goods and services produced domestically) was estimated to be slightly larger than that of the U.S. However, China's 2006 GDP was only slightly smaller than that of the U.S., and Japan was the world's fourth richest nation.
A more telling comparison that reveals just how much worse we're doing can be found among the "current accounts" of various nations. The current account measures the net trade surplus or deficit of a country plus cross-border payments of interest, royalties, dividends, capital gains, foreign aid, and other income. For example, in order for Japan to manufacture anything, it must import all required raw materials. Even after this incredible expense is met, it still has an $88 billion per year trade surplus with the United States and enjoys the world's second highest current account balance. (China is number one.) The United States, by contrast, is number 163 -- dead last on the list, worse than countries like Australia and the United Kingdom that also have large trade deficits. Its 2006 current account deficit was $811.5 billion; second worst was Spain at $106.4 billion. This is what is unsustainable.
It's not just that our tastes for foreign goods, including imported oil, vastly exceed our ability to pay for them. We are financing them through massive borrowing. On November 7, 2007, the U.S. Treasury announced that the national debt had breached $9 trillion for the first time ever. This was just five weeks after Congress raised the so-called debt ceiling to $9.815 trillion. If you begin in 1789, at the moment the Constitution became the supreme law of the land, the debt accumulated by the federal government did not top $1 trillion until 1981. When George Bush became president in January 2001, it stood at approximately $5.7 trillion. Since then, it has increased by 45%. This huge debt can be largely explained by our defense expenditures in comparison with the rest of the world.
The world's top 10 military spenders and the approximate amounts each country currently budgets for its military establishment are:
1. United States (FY08 budget), $623 billion
2. China (2004), $65 billion
3. Russia, $50 billion
4. France (2005), $45 billion
5. Japan (2007), $41.75 billion
6. Germany (2003), $35.1 billion
7. Italy (2003), $28.2 billion
8. South Korea (2003), $21.1 billion
9. India (2005 est.), $19 billion
10. Saudi Arabia (2005 est.), $18 billion

World total military expenditures (2004 est.), $1,100 billion
World total (minus the United States), $500 billion

Our excessive military expenditures did not occur over just a few short years or simply because of the Bush administration's policies. They have been going on for a very long time in accordance with a superficially plausible ideology and have now become entrenched in our democratic political system where they are starting to wreak havoc. This ideology I call "military Keynesianism" -- the determination to maintain a permanent war economy and to treat military output as an ordinary economic product, even though it makes no contribution to either production or consumption.
This ideology goes back to the first years of the Cold War. During the late 1940s, the U.S. was haunted by economic anxieties. The Great Depression of the 1930s had been overcome only by the war production boom of World War II. With peace and demobilization, there was a pervasive fear that the Depression would return. During 1949, alarmed by the Soviet Union's detonation of an atomic bomb, the looming communist victory in the Chinese civil war, a domestic recession, and the lowering of the Iron Curtain around the USSR's European satellites, the U.S. sought to draft basic strategy for the emerging cold war. The result was the militaristic National Security Council Report 68 (NSC-6 drafted under the supervision of Paul Nitze, then head of the Policy Planning Staff in the State Department. Dated April 14, 1950, and signed by President Harry S. Truman on September 30, 1950, it laid out the basic public economic policies that the United States pursues to the present day.
In its conclusions, NSC-68 asserted: "One of the most significant lessons of our World War II experience was that the American economy, when it operates at a level approaching full efficiency, can provide enormous resources for purposes other than civilian consumption while simultaneously providing a high standard of living."
With this understanding, American strategists began to build up a massive munitions industry, both to counter the military might of the Soviet Union (which they consistently overstated) and also to maintain full employment as well as ward off a possible return of the Depression. The result was that, under Pentagon leadership, entire new industries were created to manufacture large aircraft, nuclear-powered submarines, nuclear warheads, intercontinental ballistic missiles, and surveillance and communications satellites. This led to what President Eisenhower warned against in his farewell address of February 6, 1961: "The conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience" -- that is, the military-industrial complex.
By 1990, the value of the weapons, equipment, and factories devoted to the Department of Defense was 83% of the value of all plants and equipment in American manufacturing. From 1947 to 1990, the combined U.S. military budgets amounted to $8.7 trillion. Even though the Soviet Union no longer exists, U.S. reliance on military Keynesianism has, if anything, ratcheted up, thanks to the massive vested interests that have become entrenched around the military establishment. Over time, a commitment to both guns and butter has proven an unstable configuration. Military industries crowd out the civilian economy and lead to severe economic weaknesses. Devotion to military Keynesianism is, in fact, a form of slow economic suicide.
On May 1, 2007, the Center for Economic and Policy Research of Washington, D.C., released a study prepared by the global forecasting company Global Insight on the long-term economic impact of increased military spending. Guided by economist Dean Baker, this research showed that, after an initial demand stimulus, by about the sixth year the effect of increased military spending turns negative. Needless to say, the U.S. economy has had to cope with growing defense spending for more than 60 years. He found that, after 10 years of higher defense spending, there would be 464,000 fewer jobs than in a baseline scenario that involved lower defense spending.
Baker concluded:

"It is often believed that wars and military spending increases are good for the economy. In fact, most economic models show that military spending diverts resources from productive uses, such as consumption and investment, and ultimately slows economic growth and reduces employment."
The http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle19144.htm
 
Praxius
Free Thinker
#2
Ok, you can't have Global Warming as the Greatest Scam in History and have Global Capitalism as the Greatest Scam in History too. One has to be worse then the other. :P

But I always had hatred towards Capitalism and what it represents. And before someone tries to shove "Freedom" in my face, Capitalism has nothing to do with freedom, let alone Democracy.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#3
They will try Praxis just watch the pinheads come out of the bushes. Global warming is in fact a symptom of the disease of global capitalism, and the scam's coming apart before our eyes.
The "freedom" offered by "Global Capitalism" if read with Orwell in mind, actually means in very real demonstratable terms, slavery.
 
MikeyDB
#4
Whiners
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#5
Mornin Mickey, I've been watching CNBC this morning, the capitalist TV channel, as they parade CEO after CEO in front of the cameras still hawking thier worthless paper none of them can even spit out the word recession. And it's all coming to us from Davos where the cream of the scum have conveined to pontificate on the moral and economic health of the planet.
 
Walter
#6
I wonder, would the Internet have been introduced to the general public had it not been for capitalism? The cost of the infrastructure would have been very prohibitive had the motive of profit not been there.
 
MikeyDB
#7
Whine

In case you missed it Walter the internet was developed out of the need for a war communications system. Thank war Walter not capitalism.

Whine
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I wonder, would the Internet have been introduced to the general public had it not been for capitalism? The cost of the infrastructure would have been very prohibitive had the motive of profit not been there.

Jeesus, I should be ashamed of myself, how could I treat them so badly they gave me the internet. So we should just agree to let them destroy the rest of the planet then. Capitalism has been like one long expensive painfull innoculation, now that we;ve had it hopefully the disease will die out and no one will have to suffer it again.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#9
US Financial Powerhouse: "House of Cards"

by Jim Miles

Global Research, January 23, 2008





America today is not the only empire, but it is one that has consistently formulated itself around the ideologies of corporate business, the military, big government, and religious self-righteousness, mass marketing itself and mass exploiting others with military back-up when needed to make itself the biggest and most powerful ever known. Superficially, the empire has used the media interface of corporate business, the well known media companies themselves such as Time-Warner, to keep the general public ill-advised and readily entertained with pulp writing, pulp broadcasting, and computer activities and internet surfing.
The government and military combine to provide “reliable information” from “reliable sources” who wish to remain “anonymous” and thus create a mystique of underhanded cleverness and consequently apparent correctness of information. The CIA along with other putative non-governmental organizations operates ‘think tanks’ and ‘institutes’ to disseminate stories and scare tactics (and significant amounts of money) within America and offshore. Religious groups, now fully into the swing of projecting their interests into the corridors of power, have become more and more publicly involved in the political process, allowing their messianic beliefs and self-righteousness to carry the balance of power, especially within the half of government known as the Republican party, with the other half, the Democrats, mentally supining themselves in order to appear no less patriotic in their pummelling of the world.
The American image still remains strong around the world, and that is readily understood as an image created by a massive corporate and government propaganda effort that displays the finest of American tinsel and glitter and gloss. It would be wonderful but highly unrealistic to imagine a world without that advertising, without the constant images that subtly extol the virtues of American freedoms and purchasing power, the easy life with powerful cars, sexy women, and all the glamour of Hollywood and all the techno-glitter of Apple i-pods. It is a society built upon these images, upon the instant gratification and apparent wealth that is created in this wonderful entity called the United States of America.
The mythologies of ‘rugged individualism’ (as compared to corporate welfare), of Disneyesque happy-ever-after-lands (now found within gated communities and barred roads that keep the uglies out), of ‘free markets’ (as compared to agricultural subsidies and illegal immigrants), of ‘productivity and growth’ (while many OECD countries have higher productivity working less time with better benefits), of a classless society (fully debunked by anyone looking at crime statistics, incarceration rates, educational levels, and many other demographic factors), of ‘rule of law’ and ‘transparency of government’ (when most military contracts are no bids, and the executive is run by a group of unelected patronage and corporate power positions) are readily bought into by a largely complacent public and accepted worldwide, at least with the powerful elites in governments, with the idealized transparency and rule of law delivered mostly through economic coercion by way of the fully non-democratic and non-transparent WTO, IMF, World Bank and various other trade agreements not supported by the populace.
C
 
Walter
#10
I wonder; would we have so many of the cures of some nasty diseases that were discovered by privately run phamaceutical companies had we not had the incentive of profit?
 
Walter
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

Whine

In case you missed it Walter the internet was developed out of the need for a war communications system. Thank war Walter not capitalism.

Whine

The army developed the internet for themselves, not for the masses. Capitalism brought it to the masses.
Last edited by Walter; Jan 24th, 2008 at 04:01 PM..
 
Walter
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Jeesus, I should be ashamed of myself, how could I treat them so badly they gave me the internet. So we should just agree to let them destroy the rest of the planet then. Capitalism has been like one long expensive painfull innoculation, now that we;ve had it hopefully the disease will die out and no one will have to suffer it again.

Without the internet I would be deprived of finding out what you think about things. My life would be less fulfilled.
 
Tonington
#13
Yeah, virtual scrapbooks are easier and less time consuming
 
Wake
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

Whine

In case you missed it Walter the internet was developed out of the need for a war communications system. Thank war Walter not capitalism.

Whine

In case you were unaware if it the Internet was nothing more than an experiment by several universities using their own money. I worked on it, building the BCC Model 1 that was 33 times more powerful than the IBM supercomputers of their time. Most of the people involved with it are still alive so you're naivete is out of place.

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Without the internet I would be deprived of finding out what you think about things. My life would be less fulfilled.

What I see on these sorts of media is extreme mental illness on the part of most of the Millennial Generation. Their gross lack of education is so outstanding that it's almost impossible to believe. I and all of my classmate were reading and writing at a fairly high level in the 2nd grade and I am actually seeing UC Berkeley admitting students who require classes in remedial reading.

If you want to control people first you must prevent them from having any ideas of their own. That has been the intent of the major media since the time of Reagan ended. And that has been the intent of the Federal Government since Obama entered office. How is it that no one would question why his FIRST executive order was the sealing of all of his personal records? Why would it come as any surprise that he was a homosexual and a drug addict? That he was snorting coke in the oval office? That his birth certificate is a counterfeit. That Harvard and Columbia hid every single thing about him, from how he could have gone to two of the most expensive universities in the world as a supposed penniless student, to how he could have been made editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever submitting even one paper let alone having it published?

The greatest danger to the US isn't Russia or China or North Korea or Japan - it's the complete ignorance of the majority of the Millennials. But the majority of the US isn't indicative of the Millennial Generation. They are young people who grew up under the tyranny of the media and then the Obama administration. They are the people who watched as the planned loss of jobs occurred forcing a large part of this country to be dependent upon the government and forced to remain silent.

And the college Millennials and the illegal aliens and the LGBTQ and the women crying "sexual harassment" are going to hear something they don't like and never expected to hear - "No". Your power is gone. You are not in charge of anything and will never be again. Your opinions are YOUR opinions and mine are mine and the majority is what is going to rule this country.

Canada is learning the same lessons. And the majority of Canadians have ALWAYS known that socialized medicine doesn't work and open borders doesn't work. And liberalism doesn't work. And they don't want the liberal Americans who are presently fleeing to Canada as they realize that they have lost everything here.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#15


"If the police state sees us as the enemy... which it does.... then we are at war... and we'd better start acting like it.... come on people.."

The police state is a direct result of global capitalism and, yes, they are at war with you. You can try to justify all the abuses of others all you want, but your existence is a threat to the ruling elite. This whole left/right political dichotomy is there to divide and conquer. If you can't see that, then you need to pull you head out of your a$$ and smell the coffee.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post



"If the police state sees us as the enemy... which it does.... then we are at war... and we'd better start acting like it.... come on people.."

The police state is a direct result of global capitalism and, yes, they are at war with you. You can try to justify all the abuses of others all you want, but your existence is a threat to the ruling elite. This whole left/right political dichotomy is there to divide and conquer. If you can't see that, then you need to pull you head out of your a$$ and smell the coffee.

I don't see you carrying a rifle in what you claim is a war. Are you a conscientious objector, or just a coward?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post



"If the police state sees us as the enemy... which it does.... then we are at war... and we'd better start acting like it.... come on people.."

The police state is a direct result of global capitalism and, yes, they are at war with you. You can try to justify all the abuses of others all you want, but your existence is a threat to the ruling elite. This whole left/right political dichotomy is there to divide and conquer. If you can't see that, then you need to pull you head out of your a$$ and smell the coffee.

Of course there was no such thing as war before the invention of capitalism . Who invented capitalism anyway ? He should be pillaried and run out of town on a rail .
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#18
We have out grown capitalism. It is time to come up with something more in keeping with our evolving consciousness.

[youtube]4wUR1Hn6eN0[/youtube]
 
Gilgamesh
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

Ok, you can't have Global Warming as the Greatest Scam in History and have Global Capitalism as the Greatest Scam in History too. One has to be worse then the other. :P

But I always had hatred towards Capitalism and what it represents. And before someone tries to shove "Freedom" in my face, Capitalism has nothing to do with freedom, let alone Democracy.

Yes it does. However you do need more than a room temp I.Q to understand that.

Change your meds and get an education.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#20
True capitalism includes the cost of the REAL downsides in the price of the finished delivered goods...and their liabilities and disposal costs at life end.

We have never had that, what we have now is fascism and actual debt slavery. THAT is being called capitalism, by the people who would give us more debt slavery as an improvement on true capitalistic freedom...

Which it might be for THEM ( competition is a SIN!!!)...but it sure is not so good for US.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#21
Capitalism is environmental terrorism as well as dept slavery.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#22
You are completely incorrect for reasons already stated.

capitalist
•••
BY KIMBERLY AMADEO Updated April 13, 2018
Capitalism is an economic system where private entities own the factors of production. The four factors are entrepreneurship, capital goods, natural resources, and labor. The owners of capital goods, natural resources, and entrepreneurship exercise control through companies. The individual owns his or her labor.

The only exception is slavery, where someone else owns a person's labor. Although illegal throughout the entire world, slavery is still widely practiced.
https://www.thebalance.com/capitalis...s-cons-3305588


The only exception is slavery, where someone else owns a person's labor.

DUH!!!!

Would you like to snowflake the definition of the word so you can win the argument?
'
That's usually the standard leftii tactic at this point.
 
Gilgamesh
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

US Financial Powerhouse: "House of Cards"

by Jim Miles

Global Research, January 23, 2008





America today is not the only empire, but it is one that has consistently formulated itself around the ideologies of corporate business, the military, big government, and religious self-righteousness, mass marketing itself and mass exploiting others with military back-up when needed to make itself the biggest and most powerful ever known. Superficially, the empire has used the media interface of corporate business, the well known media companies themselves such as Time-Warner, to keep the general public ill-advised and readily entertained with pulp writing, pulp broadcasting, and computer activities and internet surfing.
The government and military combine to provide “reliable information” from “reliable sources” who wish to remain “anonymous” and thus create a mystique of underhanded cleverness and consequently apparent correctness of information. The CIA along with other putative non-governmental organizations operates ‘think tanks’ and ‘institutes’ to disseminate stories and scare tactics (and significant amounts of money) within America and offshore. Religious groups, now fully into the swing of projecting their interests into the corridors of power, have become more and more publicly involved in the political process, allowing their messianic beliefs and self-righteousness to carry the balance of power, especially within the half of government known as the Republican party, with the other half, the Democrats, mentally supining themselves in order to appear no less patriotic in their pummelling of the world.
The American image still remains strong around the world, and that is readily understood as an image created by a massive corporate and government propaganda effort that displays the finest of American tinsel and glitter and gloss. It would be wonderful but highly unrealistic to imagine a world without that advertising, without the constant images that subtly extol the virtues of American freedoms and purchasing power, the easy life with powerful cars, sexy women, and all the glamour of Hollywood and all the techno-glitter of Apple i-pods. It is a society built upon these images, upon the instant gratification and apparent wealth that is created in this wonderful entity called the United States of America.
The mythologies of ‘rugged individualism’ (as compared to corporate welfare), of Disneyesque happy-ever-after-lands (now found within gated communities and barred roads that keep the uglies out), of ‘free markets’ (as compared to agricultural subsidies and illegal immigrants), of ‘productivity and growth’ (while many OECD countries have higher productivity working less time with better benefits), of a classless society (fully debunked by anyone looking at crime statistics, incarceration rates, educational levels, and many other demographic factors), of ‘rule of law’ and ‘transparency of government’ (when most military contracts are no bids, and the executive is run by a group of unelected patronage and corporate power positions) are readily bought into by a largely complacent public and accepted worldwide, at least with the powerful elites in governments, with the idealized transparency and rule of law delivered mostly through economic coercion by way of the fully non-democratic and non-transparent WTO, IMF, World Bank and various other trade agreements not supported by the populace.
C

You would prefer a Chinese or Russian Communist Empire?

America is far from perfect but.......
 
Hoid
#24
Nobody really practices capitalism. Like socialism.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

You would prefer a Chinese or Russian Communist Empire?

America is far from perfect but.......

I would prefer real capitalism with controls. It is no good to point toward the USA as the model at this time in history thier debt is unpayable and they are in steep decline. I have no doubt that they,re finished as a world power economically and militarily.
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

You would prefer a Chinese or Russian Communist Empire?

America is far from perfect but.......

Neither Russia nor China is communist anymore; not if you understand how communism is supposed to work. Russia is a mobocracy and China has more billionaires than the USA.
 
OpposingDigit
+1
#27
At the same time that Hitler was killing off the prominent capitalists and their friends in Germany, the U.S. capitalists were practicing eugenics (Human Betterment Foundation), enforcing Jim Crow Laws, using Zyklon-B for executions, sterilizations by force, experimentation within mental homes and using humans as medical guinea pigs, and were continuing the holocaust against the North American Indians,

All done against poor people.

Ain't capitalism just great?
Last edited by OpposingDigit; Apr 25th, 2018 at 11:37 AM..
 
Gilgamesh
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

At the same time that Hitler was killing off the prominent capitalists and their friends in Germany, the U.S. capitalists were practicing eugenics (Human Betterment Foundation), enforcing Jim Crow Laws, using Zyklon-B for executions, sterilizations by force, experimentation within mental homes and using humans as medical guinea pigs, and were continuing the holocaust against the North American Indians,

All done against poor people.

Ain't capitalism just great?

And during that time Communism was enslaving and killing way more people.

You are either a professional Marxist liar/apologist or a fool.
 
OpposingDigit
#29
Hi! Gilgamesh

If the term "Communist" refers to the massacres carried out by Stalin and The Clowns, you would need to know that nearly half the people holding the most senior posts within Stalin's security apparatus were of the same ethnic origin that Hitler was wiping out.
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...342999,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazar_Kaganovich
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Sverdlov

In Fact: The American Capitalists were in contact ....

Charles Goethe wrote to Gosney in a letter from 1934:
"You will be interested to know that your work has played a powerful part in shaping the opinions of the group of intellectuals who are behind Hitler in this epoch-making program. Everywhere I sensed that their opinions have been tremendously stimulated by American thought and particularly by the work of the Human Betterment Foundation. I want you, my dear friend, to carry this thought with you for the rest of your life, that you have really jolted into action a great government of 60 million people."
--Edwin Black, Eugenics and the Nazis -- the California connection, November 09, 2003--
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG9C2QSKB1.DTL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goethe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._S._Gosney
Last edited by OpposingDigit; Apr 25th, 2018 at 01:15 PM..
 
Gilgamesh
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

Hi! Gilgamesh

If the term "Communist" refers to the massacres carried out by Stalin and The Clowns, you would need to know that nearly half the people holding the most senior posts within Stalin's security apparatus were of the same ethnic origin that Hitler was wiping out.
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...342999,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazar_Kaganovich
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Sverdlov

In Fact: The American Capitalists were in contact ....

Charles Goethe wrote to Gosney in a letter from 1934:
"You will be interested to know that your work has played a powerful part in shaping the opinions of the group of intellectuals who are behind Hitler in this epoch-making program. Everywhere I sensed that their opinions have been tremendously stimulated by American thought and particularly by the work of the Human Betterment Foundation. I want you, my dear friend, to carry this thought with you for the rest of your life, that you have really jolted into action a great government of 60 million people."
--Edwin Black, Eugenics and the Nazis -- the California connection, November 09, 2003--
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG9C2QSKB1.DTL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goethe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._S._Gosney

Which has nothing to do wth with my post.

Your defence of evil & bloody Central State Socialism aka. Communism is duly noted.
 

Similar Threads

1749
2910
19
The biggest scam in history
by Stretch | Dec 2nd, 2008