What are you seeking?????

china
What is it that most of us are seeking? What is it that each one of us wants? Surely it is important to find out. Probably most of us are seeking some kind of happiness, some kind of peace; in a world that is ridden with turmoil, wars, contention, strife, we want a refuge where there can be some peace. I think that is what most of us want. So we pursue, go from one leader to another, from one religious organization to another, from one teacher to another,perhaps even....from one forum to another. What are you seeking?

El Barto
Again a good question.
I have to say what I'm looking for ,
The reason that I'm here, so I can do what I was meant to do while I'm here.
My mission of this life in short

tamarin
China, I saw the title and knew instantly this was one of your threads. What do I seek? I seek human containment and an end to human hegemony on the planet.

darkbeaver
I seek continuation in space/time.

Curiosity
China - now what have you done ??? haha

Seeking?

Perhaps the ability and desire to "seek" answers to life's puzzles.... for what remains of my life on earth.

DurkaDurka
I seek the holy grail. When I find it, I plan on pawning it on Ebay. With me profits I plan on purchasing a frigate and becoming a pirate.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I seek the holy grail. When I find it, I plan on pawning it on Ebay. With me profits I plan on purchasing a frigate and becoming a pirate.

I can work an engine room, and I'm relativly cheaply had, if you're thinking about warm water piracy in the tropics I'm interested, I'll send a resume.

selfactivated
Source

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I can work an engine room, and I'm relativly cheaply had, if you're thinking about warm water piracy in the tropics I'm interested, I'll send a resume.

Your hired!

Tonington
I hagve strong sea legs, and have been told my pirate impression is dead on. Thar be mariners in me bloodline matey.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Your hired!

Oh boy I'll start my beard and get my cutlass sharpened. Fifteen men on a dead mans chest and the devil drank rum YOHOHO and the devil drank rum. Avast matey.

Curiosity
China

What are you seeking? Other than answers to many questions?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I hagve strong sea legs, and have been told my pirate impression is dead on. Thar be mariners in me bloodline matey.

Hired! bring vitamin C pills, I don't want any of my sailors getting scurvy!

L Gilbert
I'm a bit like Ton, I like the water. I'm seeking a nice little 12 footer with about a 7.5 hp motor for fishing.

hermanntrude
I'm seeking knowledge mostly. occupation. new thoughts. Also peace and you-know-what

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post

China - now what have you done ??? haha

Seeking?

Perhaps the ability and desire to "seek" answers to life's puzzles.... for what remains of my life on earth.

There is only one question-------why?

Tonington
I'm seeking happiness and fulfillment, in all the possible avenues I can.

And an endless supply of rum, Yarrr!

china
Curiosity
China

What am I seeking?..pehaps that truth that doesn't lie in any temple, in any mosque, or in any church
Last edited by china; Mar 15th, 2007 at 08:21 PM..

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

Curiosity
China

What am I seeking?..pehaps that truth that doesn't lie in any temple, in any mosque, or in any church.

Enter the matrix.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

What is it that most of us are seeking? What is it that each one of us wants? Surely it is important to find out. Probably most of us are seeking some kind of happiness, some kind of peace; in a world that is ridden with turmoil, wars, contention, strife, we want a refuge where there can be some peace. I think that is what most of us want. So we pursue, go from one leader to another, from one religious organization to another, from one teacher to another,perhaps even....from one forum to another. What are you seeking?

You're describing the mundane realitys of the consensual world, the teacher has been screaming in our ears non stop since we arrived it has to scream louder now to be heard over the noise of the new world. As the separation from the natural world proceeds we become victims of artificial choice, I think we are the consumed.

talloola
I am seeking the ramainder of my life, to be calm, healthy, days go by slowly, so that I can
peacefully enjoy all of the beauty that surrounds me on this beautiful island. I am a person who
enjoys the very simplest of things in life, material things are becoming less and less important,
I think I am becoming "wise", "WOW", and that makes me more and more able to help my grandchildren
learn the important aspects of life, and how, being older is good and not sad.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I am seeking the ramainder of my life, to be calm, healthy, days go by slowly, so that I can
peacefully enjoy all of the beauty that surrounds me on this beautiful island. I am a person who
enjoys the very simplest of things in life, material things are becoming less and less important,
I think I am becoming "wise", "WOW", and that makes me more and more able to help my grandchildren
learn the important aspects of life, and how, being older is good and not sad.

Your already there Love Wise beyond your years

AmberEyes
I seek knowledge and understanding of the world itself and the people that inhabit it.

westmanguy
I seek personal happiness and fulfilment.

I also seek a content world that co-exist with each other, and our nations divide can be healed an united by a set of beliefs we can ALL agree on.

Said1
I just want to be free of most responsibility so I can roam around and experience reality. Preferably in different locations, all warm.

RomSpaceKnight
I seek inner calm and contentment.

El Barto
I seek an idea to post here

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

I seek inner calm and contentment.

' I say, may we never be content. I say evolve, and let the chips fall where they may' - Tyler Durden

smilingfish
I'm lost in the seeking.

china
Very well, we want pleasure. Perhaps that may be putting it very crudely, but that is actually what we want - knowledge that will give us pleasure, experiences that will give us pleasure, a gratification that will not wither away by tomorrow. And we have experimented with various gratification's, and they have all faded away; and we hope now to find permanent gratification in reality, in god. Surely, that is what we are all seeking - the clever ones and the foolish ones, the theorist and the factual person who is striving after something. And is there permanent gratification? is there something which will endure? If there is , I'm not aware .