Star Trek or Star wars?

View Poll Results: Star Trek or Star Wars?
Star Trek 12 70.59%
Star Wars 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

PsyOp
How you want Canada to be in a far away future?

A world like Star Trek or a world like Star wars?
You can forget the force thing and the multi species of Star wars and keep the rest.
We are also speaking about the human society of star-trek.
Last edited by PsyOp; Feb 1st, 2007 at 01:17 PM..

hermanntrude
dont want to be eaten by a sandy thing in a desert, or frozen in carbonite by a fat slug

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrude View Post

dont want to be eaten by a sandy thing in a desert, or frozen in carbonite by a fat slug

LMAO! hermanntrude, that floored me!

Star Trek.

DurkaDurka
Star Wars is my preference, Star Trek was too cheesey for my tastes.

hermanntrude
i love cheese of all kinds. except that kind. the nasty one you're thinking of you dirty minded people

marygaspe
Where's the "neither" option. Both these programmes were more male focused. Cowboys in space
beating up the bad guys and getting the pretty girl....both innane forms of entertainment. I find it very hard to believe they are both still so successful, considering how unrealistic both are.

PsyOp
I forgot to say that star trek movie tend to only show the good part of their culture.
While Star wars show both part.

hermanntrude
they're popular because there are men. star trek, the original series, was very male oriented, but the later version, particularly voyager, were pretty equal, and not about getting the pretty girl.

one (wo)man's inane is another (wo)man's entertainment.

to each their own

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by marygaspe View Post

Where's the "neither" option. Both these programmes were more male focused. Cowboys in space
beating up the bad guys and getting the pretty girl....both innane forms of entertainment. I find it very hard to believe they are both still so successful, considering how unrealistic both are.

they are about as realistic as Sex in the City, how women can watch such crap is beyond me.

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by PsyOp View Post

I forgot to say that star trek movie tend to only show the good part of their culture.
While Star wars show both part.

true, although probably the star wars showed more of the nasty, since wars was part of the title they kinda had to focus on the war-y parts.

marygaspe

they're popular because there are men. star trek, the original series, was very male oriented, but the later version, particularly voyager, were pretty equal, and not about getting the pretty girl.

one (wo)man's inane is another (wo)man's entertainment.

to each their own

I'm too practical to enjoy such silliness. Mr. Spock? Vulcans? Wookies?Please, grow up gentlemen

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

they are about as realistic as Sex in the City, how women can watch such crap is beyond me.

i used to watch that show religiously in case there was any sex in it

PsyOp

Both of these world hide women controlling much more the world than they say or thought.

Also, i said in a far future, so how this is unrealistic?
What is your view of the world in 2000 years?

hermanntrude

I'm too practical to enjoy such silliness. Mr. Spock? Vulcans? Wookies?Please, grow up gentlemen

it's possible to be both practical and silly. for instance i'm a research chemist AND training to be a clown

DurkaDurka

i used to watch that show religiously in case there was any sex in it

LMAO!! That show was leading you along wasn't it?

Tonington
I vote Star Trek also. Star Wars had more diversity I think as far as sentient species and what not, I like the unknown aspect best about Star Trek, and the random fixes to all their problems. Maybe we could divert the EPS manifolds and modify the deflector to....

PsyOp
No wonder why there is a lot of conservative when i read this steaming flaming bull.

Speaking about growing up, thats ironic.

This is Canadian content or low content? Perhaps both?

DurkaDurka
I think episodes 4, 5 & 6 were the best to come out of the Star Wars franchise, the newer one's relied too much on CGI effects, which were used to cover up a weak story in my opinion.

marygaspe

No wonder why there is a lot of conservative when i read this steaming flaming bull.

Speaking about growing up, thats ironic.

This is Canadian content or low content? Perhaps both?

are you going to subject everyone to more of your insults and name-calling because they don't like your choice of television programmes?

PsyOp
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I vote Star Trek also. Star Wars had more diversity I think as far as sentient species and what not, I like the unknown aspect best about Star Trek, and the random fixes to all their problems. Maybe we could divert the EPS manifolds and modify the deflector to....

I edited my first post. I forgot to say, forget the force and multi species.
I was more talking about the culture and style of life.

Tonington
I think I remember watching a cartoon as a kid all about the Ewoks.

DurkaDurka

I think I remember watching a cartoon as a kid all about the Ewoks.

I remember that show as well, it was the mid 80's I believe.

hermanntrude
star trek, while still pretty unrealistic, was at least trying. the point is nothing can be both realistic and entertaining.

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I remember that show as well, it was the mid 80's I believe.

me too. I loved it.

beejawowa

DurkaDurka

star trek, while still pretty unrealistic, was at least trying. the point is nothing can be both realistic and entertaining.

fair enough. I would pick a wookie over a klingon any day though.

PsyOp

are you going to subject everyone to more of your insults and name-calling because they don't like your choice of television programmes?

Who start the insult? Who need to grow up?

Now if you want to forget this little "problem" can we continue?

Both of these world hide women controlling much more the world than they say or thought.

Also, i said in a far future, so how this is unrealistic?
What is your view of the world in 2000 years?

What is your view in 2000 years?
Maybe you know an other sci-fiction movie that represent better your view of the future of our culture?

Tonington

I edited my first post. I forgot to say, forget the force and multi species.
I was more talking about the culture and style of life.

Ahh, I see. It's kinda hard to ignore the force part about Star Wars. The whole battle between good and evil is kinda wrapped up in the force.

I do like Star trek better, more focus on things like exploring and problem solving. It's funny because I hated it as a kid, my father watched it all the time. Now as an adult I like the shows.

DurkaDurka
Summary of the Ewok cartoon, it ran from 1985-1987

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088515/

hermanntrude
interestingly star wars was more realistic in that many of the alien species weren't humanoid, and didnt speak english. that always upset me a bit in star trek, that everyone could communicate almost instantly, unles sit was part of the plot of that episode, in which case suddenly there was a language problem

PsyOp

Ahh, I see. It's kinda hard to ignore the force part about Star Wars. The whole battle between good and evil is kinda wrapped up in the force.

I do like Star trek better, more focus on things like exploring and problem solving. It's funny because I hated it as a kid, my father watched it all the time. Now as an adult I like the shows.

I was more speaking about the culture of both movies.

One appear to be base on personal achievement, star trek.
And the other one appear to be base on the Americans system, total freedom, star wars.