HBO's "Hacking Democracy"

CDNBear
This is a terrifying piece of damning evidence. It further proves my assertion that American Democracy as it stands, has failed, it has collapsed on itself and is no longer, by the people, for the people. Unless those people are big business and power brokers.

This is part 1, the rest of the parts are all there as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPiGIqSljE

Check out Bev Harris' site at...

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/
Last edited by CDNBear; Nov 19th, 2006 at 09:46 AM..

elevennevele
Oh, but Harper is a great admirer of the American Political system and his sympathies lie with the Republicans, the right-wing branch of American society. Or why the heck would he be having meeting with right-wing political think tanks from the USA?

When the failings in these past few years with the Republicans and the ‘corruption’ has been so obvious, I can’t help but have very little comfort with where Harper wishes to take this country down the road. In fact, the worry of it all for the future of my family and fellow Canadian is probably damaging my health right now.

The Project Man
First,
Thank you very much for this post!

Bev is a little spit-fire.

I wish they would not have let out about the trash raids. Now everything will be burned.
I loved watching the DIE-BOLD guy squirm.
Looking back on it now, Lex Luther did win.

Thanks again.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by elevennevele View Post

Oh, but Harper is a great admirer of the American Political system and his sympathies lie with the Republicans, the right-wing branch of American society. Or why the heck would he be having meeting with right-wing political think tanks from the USA?

When the failings in these past few years with the Republicans and the ‘corruption’ has been so obvious, I can’t help but have very little comfort with where Harper wishes to take this country down the road. In fact, the worry of it all for the future of my family and fellow Canadian is probably damaging my health right now.

Oddly enough it is the liberals that seem to enjoy courtingt he American think tanks and thinkers, a lot more then the Conservatives. So much so that died in the wool liberals like Roy Heard are foaming at the mouth over it and not because he's anti American, but because he thinks it's a bad idea.

So I'm not sure where you got the idea that Harper is leading us down the garden path with an American leash. It's the consistantly anti American when it suits them liberals.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by The Project Man View Post

First,
Thank you very much for this post!

Bev is a little spit-fire.

I wish they would not have let out about the trash raids. Now everything will be burned.
I loved watching the DIE-BOLD guy squirm.
Looking back on it now, Lex Luther did win.

Thanks again.

The wife and I laughed at that very same thing. I said as soon as I saw him dusting the corner of the podium, "He's agitated and looking for an answer" I know, I've done it in the prisoners box, once or twice, lol.

elevennevele
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Oddly enough it is the liberals that seem to enjoy courtingt he American think tanks and thinkers, a lot more then the Conservatives. So much so that died in the wool liberals like Roy Heard are foaming at the mouth over it and not because he's anti American, but because he thinks it's a bad idea.

So I'm not sure where you got the idea that Harper is leading us down the garden path with an American leash. It's the consistantly anti American when it suits them liberals.

Oh yeah, I don't like American Democrat think tanks courting Liberals either. Just as much.

Since it's in vogue, if a Chinese political think tank starting having discussions of political strategy toward our local elections with one of our political parties, it would seem so scandalous. Really, it shouldn't matter where these think tanks come from. No foreign entity should be trying to direct politics right from the inside of our governmental institutions. Neither do I think we would be well received butting our noses into the USA's business either.

As for Harper... and there have been more meetings with such groups since... and given what the right wings have done to the respectablity of the USA...

Quote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...1214/20051214/

Full text of Stephen Harper's 1997 speech

Updated Wed. Dec. 14 2005 9:20 PM ET

Canadian Press

OTTAWA — The text from a speech made by Stephen Harper, then vice-president of the National Citizens Coalition, to a June 1997 Montreal meeting of the Council for National Policy, a right-wing U.S. think tank, and taken from the council's website: