Andrew Scheer Is Killing the Conservative Brand

petros
Should Scheer beat up a drug and alcohol addicted Injun too to gain notoriety?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Cretin did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawinigan_Handshake

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Cretin did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawinigan_Handshake

Wasn't he attacked first?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Wasn't he attacked first?

Dunno, I wasn't there.

petros
+2
On the day of the incident, Chrétien was in Hull (Gatineau), Quebec to commemorate the first National Flag of Canada Day. As Chrétien addressed the assembled crowd, anti-poverty activists heckled the Prime Minister over proposed changes to Canada's unemployment insurance program, and, as he made his way to his limousine at the cessation of the ceremonies, Chrétien was confronted by Clennett. At that moment, Chrétien grabbed Clennett by the back of the neck and chin, forcing Clennett to the ground and breaking one of his teeth.[1] Another protester who then blocked Chrétien's passage had his megaphone knocked away by the Prime Minister, and was promptly pushed to the ground by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers.[2]

Chrétien later defended these actions, stating: "some people came my way... and I had to go, so if you're in my way...."[2] He also blamed the RCMP for allowing Clennett to obtain such close proximity to the Prime Minister, though the RCMP said they saw no breach of security.[2] Chrétien also demonstrated a casual attitude towards the affair, later joking that he had used the Shawinigan Handshake because he mistook Clennett for John Nunziata, whom Chrétien had dismissed from the Liberal caucus for voting against the 1996 budget.

A decent ale.

mentalfloss
Pinko

Fresco

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trudeau was born in Ottawa and grew up there and in Montreal and in BC.

Born ain't got nothing to do with it.

When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."

petros
+1
The riding of Prince Albert SK has elected the most PMs than any other riding.

3 of them.

Laurier, King and Diefenbaker

mentalfloss
And Layton.

petros
Layton was PM? Have you been dropping beets again?

mentalfloss
Who do you think actually pulled the strings?

petros
For Laurier, King or Diefenbaker?

mentalfloss
Or any that followed?

petros
You are f-cked in the head.

justlooking

Dunno, is Brazeau available ?

mentalfloss

You are f-cked in the head.

No, you just think people know who Andrew Scheer is.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You're upset

People with marginalized mental capacity tend to get that way!

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote:

"some people came my way... and I had to go, so if you're in my way...."

Not going to lie but that's the way a boss should be!

mentalfloss
Andrew Scheer’s dad jeans and awkward hellos are painstakingly deliberate

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

No, you just think people know who Andrew Scheer is.

Wouldn't surprise me since he's been in the news a lot!

mentalfloss
He has?

Think

IdRatherBeSkiing

Don't forget- that piece of "arctic tundra" may comprise 300,000 square miles and is sitting on more resources than the entire city of Toronto. While it's important to tie electoral strength to population, population shouldn't be the sole factor. NU, N.W.T. and Yukon comprise half the area of Canada but account for less than 1% of the seats! I don't think that's right. Our entire frontier with Russia is located there, not to mention an entire ocean.

So land should be voting rather than voters? How will this 300,000 square miles vote? And if you say the people on this land vote that means people who live there have a more valuable vote than people who live elsewhere. 1 person, 1 vote. Any non-stupid voting system will start with that premise.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

So land should be voting rather than voters? How will this 300,000 square miles vote? And if you say the people on this land vote that means people who live there have a more valuable vote than people who live elsewhere. 1 person, 1 vote. Any non-stupid voting system will start with that premise.

"Start" could be an operative word. Would a combination of population and land area work? I would guess the reverse of that is the formula in P.E.I.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
The hell with voting, lets go with something reliable

like coin tosses

RIGHT 50% of the time!!!
Oh Joy!...can you imagine!

mentalfloss
Maybe you should lay off the crack, Bubbles.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Born ain't got nothing to do with it.

When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."

The five worst in history.

IdRatherBeSkiing

"Start" could be an operative word. Would a combination of population and land area work? I would guess the reverse of that is the formula in P.E.I.

Land area is irrelevant. Land does not vote.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That only works when the population is more or less equal. Also we are not talking about changing how our representatives get elected, only how their power in the commons is applied. WE have a big divide between city and rural areas and rural areas do not have the representation required to have their needs delt with.
Many regional districts have weighted votes to cut down on the number of people at the table so it is not much different.

JamesBondo
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Most people look at the leader and vote for the local candidate based on the platform that the leader communicates.

That's why we need to move to proportional representation.

Spoken like a true liberal that voted for nice hair and selfies.

A conservative looks at policy.

justlooking
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

The hell with voting, lets go with something reliable

like coin tosses

RIGHT 50% of the time!!!
Oh Joy!...can you imagine!

Except when it's Hillary v Bernie.
Then you win 100% of the time.