Streetcar cop found guilty

lone wolf
+1
James Forcillo guilty of attempted murder in streetcar shooting of Sammy Yatim - Toronto - CBC News

mentalfloss
Good.

Walter
Weird.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

James Forcillo guilty of attempted murder in streetcar shooting of Sammy Yatim - Toronto - CBC News

Quote:

Yatim's mother, Sahar Bahadi, said she "would now like to be part of the discussion to change the police training policies when dealing with people in crisis so this painful incident does not repeat again."

I agree with her.

Quote:

"Nothing in this world will compensate me for the loss of my son nor will anything bring him back to me," she said. "But I would like, for the sake of this great country, for the police to remain a source of confidence, security and respect for all people"

Good for her.

Locutus
dude shoulda stopped after the first three rounds.

lone wolf
He was in an emptied streetcar. Who was he hurting - as long as he didn't charge off into a sea of black-blue

Remington1
Of course, this is Canada, not the US. Anybody, including cops that clearly murders someone, goes to jail. That is why the Canadian Black Matters is a 'want a be' with no substance.

Locutus
+2
#8  Top Rated Post
anyway, I'm sure the girl and others he threatened with the knife don't really care too terribly much.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

anyway, I'm sure the girl and others he threatened with the knife don't really care too terribly much.

Guess it's best to let criminals just kill and rob people. That's the message I would see if I was a cop.

captain morgan

Funny how that wee factoid got lost

lone wolf

I'm sure the situation de-escalated the moment that streetcar emptied....

Angstrom

I'm sure the situation de-escalated the moment that streetcar emptied....

So it was ok he was threatening people with a knife, just moments before? All that needs to be forgotten ? Wow

lone wolf
Did say it was? Once the car was empty, the danger was gone ... except for the cop who took it upon himself to be judge and jury. All they had to do was wait him out. If the cop had have been a civilian, the sentence would have been a lot more severe ... and good thing he wasn't Muslim or a "lefty"

Curious Cdn
The ruling says that the first three shots "immobilized" Yatim as a safety measure (killed him, actually) but that the subsequent rounds pumped into him were specifically meant to kill him, hence the murder conviction. The police are not executioners, or, they are not supposed to be and it sems that Fortillo doesn't get that.

DaSleeper
Ever heard of Buck fever?

Durry
Cops gotta learn to shoot straighter, one bullet between the eyes is all that is needed.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Cops gotta learn to shoot straighter, one bullet between the eyes is all that is needed.

You want them to be judge, jury and executioner? What happens if they execute you?

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You want them to be judge, jury and executioner? What happens if they execute you?

Rule is very simple;

Confront a cop with a weapon, your dead!!!

Got it??

Curious Cdn

Rule is very simple;

Got it??

You're gonna be dropping like flies, down in the Exited States where everyone needs to sling an AR-15 on their backs so that freedom will ring.

GOT THAT, ADOLPH?

spaminator
excessive use of forcillo.

JLM

W.T.F. are they talking about? Attempted murder??? Last I heard the man was dead. Deliberate murder in the first degree is what the charge should be. What a joke............................6 years!!! Our justice system is totally f**ked. I've just heard they are now releasing him pending an appeal. How many more months will that take? F**K!!

Jinentonix

Rule is very simple;

Got it??

Confront a cop with a weapon? The dude was holed up in a street car all by himself FFS. Got it??

justfred99
If we can call this a form of JUSTICE, then we should be happy. The normal outcome of too many police killings, some unjustified, is that the policeman does not loose any pay, does not often have to even work.
What bothers me as much as the JUSTICE system in Canada lets the convicted criminals go, in some stances, what bothers me more is that we get the defence lawyers jumping on the gravy train and defending these types what seems forever. Oh, the criminal had a hangnail when he was 5 years old, so don’t convict him. He was under trauma when he was younger, his mom and dad had a argument, so let him go.
Does society realize that there are some lawyers who know that when they take on a case, they know that they are taking on a client that will serve as a life long client, with society paying for the defence team forever?
Do we as society need to tell these types of defence lawyers to stop padding their retirement savings, stop making us think that this work they are trying to rationalize is worth it, rather than any sort of justice. Maybe if a message was sent to these, sometimes sleaze bag lawyers that enough is enough. What type of message would they hear?
Lets hear from those online.

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Confront a cop with a weapon? The dude was holed up in a street car all by himself FFS. Got it??

Holed up with a knife in his hands.

For that he should have gotten two bullets, the first one right between the eyes and the second one right in the ticker just for good measure. All done!!

JLM
+1 / -1

For that he should have gotten two bullets, the first one right between the eyes and the second one right in the ticker just for good measure. All done!!

That kid was about the same amount of threat as Robert Dziekanski was at the airport with the stapler!

lone wolf
...or you to the dude groping the teenie at the coffee shop (To Derp)

Curious Cdn
No cop is ever really guilty. The guy is walking free again which proves once more that there is a different law for the public than for the police.

lone wolf
...and that's why one as*hole makes ten cops targets. Judge approves the first three shots. I guess that's the result of patience abandoning the profession. Judge frowns on the six extras in the second volley ... and the rabid are up in arms. Tell me again if anyone matters?

Jinentonix
+1

Inside a streetcar, by himself and absolutely zero threat to anyone.