Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not Guilty

pastafarian
Quote:

gotta hand one thing to the neocon america

Don't give them too much credit. they couldn't do it without a populace of credulous bumpkins (and I'm not talking about the DNC or the media here)

What intrigues me about people like nascar_james is the motivation for parrotting this piffle. There's no regard for facts or evidence, so it's not intellectual. It can't be a commitment to Jesus, because invading countries for profit, torturing and napalming innocent civilians and lying about doesn't really seem like His thing. It's not about any real patriotism, because the slavish ass-kissing of a President who sends underequipped soldiers out on false pretences to increase hatred for America among Arabs and Muslims worldwide, while cutting VA funding and benefits, doesn't really seem to have the whole "Semper Fi" thing together.

Plus attacking a grieving soldier's mom is about the lowest, most cowardly and contemptible stance that you could take and no self-respecting man would sink so low, so it can't be about male pride.

Is it just mean-spiritedness from losers who are only happy when they're in a group beating on some defenceless target?

Most of them are poor ignorant slobs who have nothing to gain, unlike the board of Halliburton and Carlyle, so it's not even self-interest.

I admit it. I don't get it.

What is ironic though, is that I bet the 40% of these idiots who actually know that they were fighting Germany in the Second World War and who aren't sheet-wearing rednecks have probably asked themselves how the average German could have been ignorant of the death camps and how their society could have committed such terrible acts.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Bravo on your post ,pasta

Quote:

Plus attacking a grieving soldier's mom is about the lowest, most cowardly and contemptible stance that you could take and no self-respecting man would sink so low, so it can't be about male pride.

absolutely. This seems to be an example of their cruel mindset. (and cruel it is. Maybe it has become that way after so many years of arrogance, lies , and general hostility........but something isn't 'right".)

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Wonderful post, Pasta. And how very true.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

indeed. Wondering if it has anything to do with 'inbreeding'.

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by pastafarian

Quote:

gotta hand one thing to the neocon america

Don't give them too much credit. they couldn't do it without a populace of credulous bumpkins (and I'm not talking about the DNC or the media here)

What intrigues me about people like nascar_james is the motivation for parrotting this piffle. There's no regard for facts or evidence, so it's not intellectual. It can't be a commitment to Jesus, because invading countries for profit, torturing and napalming innocent civilians and lying about doesn't really seem like His thing. It's not about any real patriotism, because the slavish ass-kissing of a President who sends underequipped soldiers out on false pretences to increase hatred for America among Arabs and Muslims worldwide, while cutting VA funding and benefits, doesn't really seem to have the whole "Semper Fi" thing together.

Is it just mean-spiritedness from losers who are only happy when they're in a group beating on some defenceless target?

Most of them are poor ignorant slobs who have nothing to gain, unlike the board of Halliburton and Carlyle, so it's not even self-interest.

What is ironic though, is that I bet the 40% of these idiots who actually know that they were fighting Germany in the Second World War and who aren't sheet-wearing rednecks have probably asked themselves how the average German could have been ignorant of the death camps and how their society could have committed such terrible acts.

It's called patriotism, Mr. Spaghetti Monster. Something you nor miss Sheehan know nothing about.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

. . . Secondly, most parents who have lost a kid in the war on terror, do not rant and rave like a bunch of lunatics and denounce the war like miss Sheehan does. . .

First, (sigh) Iraq and the War on Terror are two separate incidents. Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or al-Qaeda which you must know because even your bloody president has been forced to confess that.

Secondly, other parents do, but your media ignores them unless they make it impossible for them to be overlooked.

At the bottom of all the fuss and feathers, Cindy Sheehan has a few simple questions to ask her president:

"Why did her son have to die fighting Iraq? Of what use was his death?

"And, of what use are the deaths of all the men and women who have died liberating Iraq, and all of the men and women who will die there in the future?"

If Wee Georgie spent five minutes answering those questions, he could avoid all the ducking and dodging that he does.

It is a sad day indeed when the most powerful man in the world is afraid to meet one middle-aged lady who greaves for her son.

And you are a vile creature to make sport of her.

Other mothers:

Quote:

The betrayed mothers of America

Vietnam comes to mind. They talk of their patriotism, though patriotism is not enough
By Robert Fisk
Nov 19 2005
The Independent

I sit in one of the dives on 44th Street, uncertain how to approach Sue Niederer and Celeste Zappala, afraid that their stories can be too easily turned into tears, their message lost after the Veterans' Day march. They were put at the back of the New York parade, humiliated, with their little crowd of anti-war veterans and their memories of boys who left young wives for Iraq and came back in coffins.

Later I sit between the two women and remember the blood splashed across the road at Khan Dari and the 82nd Airborne washing away the brains from the highway in central Fallujah and the body lying beneath a tarp in north Baghdad. I've seen the American corpses. Now here are the American mothers.

Sue lost her son Seth on 3 February last year. He was looking for "improvised explosive devices" near Iskanderiya, south of Baghdad - the infamous IEDs, roadside bombs which have taken hundreds of American lives - when a booby trap blew up next to him.

Dates are important to Sue. She goes back over them repeatedly, as if this will somehow straighten things out, make sense of the immorality of her son's death, perhaps - I sense this powerfully, though I am not certain - bring him, however briefly, back to life. Seth married on 26 August 2003, just five days before he was first deployed to Iraq; his young wife, Kelly, scarcely had time to know her husband. He came home on leave on 1 January 2004, left on 17 January and was killed just three weeks later.

Sue's voice rises in indignation above the noise of the New York diner, angry and brave and drowning out the joshing of two vets at the other end of the table. "I remember very clearly my son's last words before he went back after his two weeks' vacation. 'I don't know who my enemy is,' he said. 'It's a worthless, senseless war, a war of religion. We'll never win it.' He wasn't killed. He was murdered. He was murdered by the US administration. He was out looking for IEDs. He found one, stopped his convoy and was blown up. I regard it as a suicide mission."

I know Iskanderiya, the place where Seth died. It's a flyblown Sunni Muslim town south of Baghdad, throat-cutting country where insurgents man their own checkpoints beside the palm groves and canals. Vietnam comes to mind. The other voices round the table are lowered now. The waiter turns up with pizzas and Pepsis and red wine. There's an American flag in the centre of the table. These mothers and ex-soldiers all talk of their patriotism, although these days they might agree with Nurse Edith Cavell: that patriotism is not enough.

Celeste's son Sherwood was killed on 26 April last year, his end as tragic as it was unnecessary. He was protecting a group of military inspectors hunting for President Bush's mythical weapons of mass destruction when a perfume factory they were searching in Baghdad suddenly exploded.

"He was getting out of the cab of his truck to help the wounded when some debris came crashing out of the sky and hit him," Celeste says. "When they left on their mission, they were supposed to have a lorry with them with equipment that would explode bombs by radio before they reached the scene. But that day, the lorry broke down and a British officer told them to set off on the mission without it. I will always remember that my son died just a month after George W Bush made that videotape in front of the press - the one where he made a joke about looking for weapons of mass destruction and pretended to search under his desk for the weapons. He was making fun of the fact he hadn't found them - but my son died looking for them and they didn't exist."

Sherwood and his 28-year-old wife, Deborah, had a young son. "We always tell him that his father was a hero," Celeste says. "We think of him that way. He was a noble man." Sherwood had joined the National Guard in 1997, believing - like thousands of other American servicemen in Iraq - that he could use the money to pay off his college loans. "He'd told us he would go and do the job and that he would bring all his men home safely. There were 15 of them, all from Pennsylvania, and he kept his word. They all came home safely - except for Sherwood."

At the other end of our table, Alex Ryabov, who served in R Battery, 5th Battalion, 10th Marines, in the original 2003 invasion force, says he was against the war from the start, refusing to believe there were any weapons of mass destruction.

"When I got into Iraq, I saw what our artillery rounds did to people. I had to go up front to see where the rounds were falling and I saw whole Iraqi cities engulfed in flames. There were Iraqi dead on the sides of the roads - I couldn't tell if they were men or women."

Is it therefore so surprising that this little group of mothers and ex-soldiers should have trailed along behind the Veterans' Parade in New York or that they should now represent Military Families Speak Out and Iraq Veterans Against the War, and should have joined older men who belonged to Vietnam Veterans Against the War? These are not the men and women whom George Bush wants to have at hand when he denounces congressmen for claiming he fiddled the intelligence files before the war, when he tells yet more enthusiastic young soldiers that America will "prevail" in its "war on terror" and I can see why.

"My husband, Greg, was an absolute Republican, even after my son was killed," Sue says. "But then we went to see Michael Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11. And as we walked out, my husband apologised to me. I said: 'What are you apologising for?' And he said: 'I'm sorry - everything you've said about the war is correct. I'll back you 100 per cent in everything you say and everything you do.'"

I say goodbye to this little group of brave American men and women - the ex-soldiers have no jobs, no future save their enthusiasm for their own campaign against the Iraq war - and leave their table with its sad, gold-fringed American flag and head off into the fumes and noise of Times Square. Up on a giant television screen, Vice-President Cheney - he who went on lying about the non-existent links between Saddam and 9/11 long after the invasion - is solemnly bowing his head in the Arlington cemetery. Ah yes, he is honouring the fallen. And I wonder if he will ever understand his betrayal of the men and women back on 44th Street.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle11076.htm

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by GL Schmitt

. . . Secondly, most parents who have lost a kid in the war on terror, do not rant and rave like a bunch of lunatics and denounce the war like miss Sheehan does. . .

First, (sigh) Iraq and the War on Terror are two separate incidents. Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or al-Qaeda which you must know because even your bloody president has been forced to confess that.

Secondly, other parents do, but your media ignores them unless they make it impossible for them to be overlooked.

At the bottom of all the fuss and feathers, Cindy Sheehan has a few simple questions to ask her president:

"Why did her son have to die fighting Iraq? Of what use was his death?

"And, of what use are the deaths of all the men and women who have died liberating Iraq, and all of the men and women who will die there in the future?"

If Wee Georgie spent five minutes answering those questions, he could avoid all the ducking and dodging that he does.

It is a sad day indeed when the most powerful man in the world is afraid to meet one middle-aged lady who greaves for her son.

And you are a vile creature to make sport of her.

Other mothers:

Quote:

The betrayed mothers of America

Vietnam comes to mind. They talk of their patriotism, though patriotism is not enough
By Robert Fisk
Nov 19 2005
The Independent

I sit in one of the dives on 44th Street, uncertain how to approach Sue Niederer and Celeste Zappala, afraid that their stories can be too easily turned into tears, their message lost after the Veterans' Day march. They were put at the back of the New York parade, humiliated, with their little crowd of anti-war veterans and their memories of boys who left young wives for Iraq and came back in coffins.

Later I sit between the two women and remember the blood splashed across the road at Khan Dari and the 82nd Airborne washing away the brains from the highway in central Fallujah and the body lying beneath a tarp in north Baghdad. I've seen the American corpses. Now here are the American mothers.

Sue lost her son Seth on 3 February last year. He was looking for "improvised explosive devices" near Iskanderiya, south of Baghdad - the infamous IEDs, roadside bombs which have taken hundreds of American lives - when a booby trap blew up next to him.

Dates are important to Sue. She goes back over them repeatedly, as if this will somehow straighten things out, make sense of the immorality of her son's death, perhaps - I sense this powerfully, though I am not certain - bring him, however briefly, back to life. Seth married on 26 August 2003, just five days before he was first deployed to Iraq; his young wife, Kelly, scarcely had time to know her husband. He came home on leave on 1 January 2004, left on 17 January and was killed just three weeks later.

Sue's voice rises in indignation above the noise of the New York diner, angry and brave and drowning out the joshing of two vets at the other end of the table. "I remember very clearly my son's last words before he went back after his two weeks' vacation. 'I don't know who my enemy is,' he said. 'It's a worthless, senseless war, a war of religion. We'll never win it.' He wasn't killed. He was murdered. He was murdered by the US administration. He was out looking for IEDs. He found one, stopped his convoy and was blown up. I regard it as a suicide mission."

I know Iskanderiya, the place where Seth died. It's a flyblown Sunni Muslim town south of Baghdad, throat-cutting country where insurgents man their own checkpoints beside the palm groves and canals. Vietnam comes to mind. The other voices round the table are lowered now. The waiter turns up with pizzas and Pepsis and red wine. There's an American flag in the centre of the table. These mothers and ex-soldiers all talk of their patriotism, although these days they might agree with Nurse Edith Cavell: that patriotism is not enough.

Celeste's son Sherwood was killed on 26 April last year, his end as tragic as it was unnecessary. He was protecting a group of military inspectors hunting for President Bush's mythical weapons of mass destruction when a perfume factory they were searching in Baghdad suddenly exploded.

"He was getting out of the cab of his truck to help the wounded when some debris came crashing out of the sky and hit him," Celeste says. "When they left on their mission, they were supposed to have a lorry with them with equipment that would explode bombs by radio before they reached the scene. But that day, the lorry broke down and a British officer told them to set off on the mission without it. I will always remember that my son died just a month after George W Bush made that videotape in front of the press - the one where he made a joke about looking for weapons of mass destruction and pretended to search under his desk for the weapons. He was making fun of the fact he hadn't found them - but my son died looking for them and they didn't exist."

Sherwood and his 28-year-old wife, Deborah, had a young son. "We always tell him that his father was a hero," Celeste says. "We think of him that way. He was a noble man." Sherwood had joined the National Guard in 1997, believing - like thousands of other American servicemen in Iraq - that he could use the money to pay off his college loans. "He'd told us he would go and do the job and that he would bring all his men home safely. There were 15 of them, all from Pennsylvania, and he kept his word. They all came home safely - except for Sherwood."

At the other end of our table, Alex Ryabov, who served in R Battery, 5th Battalion, 10th Marines, in the original 2003 invasion force, says he was against the war from the start, refusing to believe there were any weapons of mass destruction.

"When I got into Iraq, I saw what our artillery rounds did to people. I had to go up front to see where the rounds were falling and I saw whole Iraqi cities engulfed in flames. There were Iraqi dead on the sides of the roads - I couldn't tell if they were men or women."

Is it therefore so surprising that this little group of mothers and ex-soldiers should have trailed along behind the Veterans' Parade in New York or that they should now represent Military Families Speak Out and Iraq Veterans Against the War, and should have joined older men who belonged to Vietnam Veterans Against the War? These are not the men and women whom George Bush wants to have at hand when he denounces congressmen for claiming he fiddled the intelligence files before the war, when he tells yet more enthusiastic young soldiers that America will "prevail" in its "war on terror" and I can see why.

"My husband, Greg, was an absolute Republican, even after my son was killed," Sue says. "But then we went to see Michael Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11. And as we walked out, my husband apologised to me. I said: 'What are you apologising for?' And he said: 'I'm sorry - everything you've said about the war is correct. I'll back you 100 per cent in everything you say and everything you do.'"

I say goodbye to this little group of brave American men and women - the ex-soldiers have no jobs, no future save their enthusiasm for their own campaign against the Iraq war - and leave their table with its sad, gold-fringed American flag and head off into the fumes and noise of Times Square. Up on a giant television screen, Vice-President Cheney - he who went on lying about the non-existent links between Saddam and 9/11 long after the invasion - is solemnly bowing his head in the Arlington cemetery. Ah yes, he is honouring the fallen. And I wonder if he will ever understand his betrayal of the men and women back on 44th Street.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle11076.htm

BRAVO GL. Bravo!!

Nascar_James

He has already met with her, as he has with other parents. This was soon after her son had died in active duty in Iraq. This was also the time she had praised the President for his efforts.

Why would the President give her preferential treatment vs the other greiving parents? Particularly with her flip-flopping and incoherent behavior.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

It's called patriotism,

one would swear this is a name of a DISEASE.......and judging from how often it comes up particularly states side , it has to be contageous.

this same level of "patriotism" existed in Nazi Germany..........remember??? Has the US not evolved beyond that???

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

He has already met with her, as he has with other parents. This was soon after her son had died in active duty in Iraq. This was also the time she had praised the President for his efforts.

Why would the President give her preferential treatment vs the other greiving parents? Particularly with her flip-flopping and incoherent behavior.

well obviously she has changed her mind........having learned some lessons the hard way. And good for her. Better to be flexible and adapt to change than stupid and stay the fecking course as the stubborn , limited minded bushcon types do.

psst. and BTW: seems there are a lot of influential people "changing their minds now"..........so that silly flip flopping crap does not wash.......as if it ever did. It is just bad mouthing someone when one has no cause.

some people just take a little longer to "see the light".....

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
"Saddam has WMD, 45 minute attack capability, is an imminent threat of danger, is a close ally of al-Qaeda, supports OBL ..."

now that's REAL lunacy

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher

"Saddam has WMD, 45 minute attack capability, is an imminent threat of danger, is a close ally of al-Qaeda, supports OBL ..."

now that's REAL lunacy

absolutely...........and notice how the neocon types avoid those topics........or come up with more fiction??? That old avoidance game...........same as the caveman plays.

after all he is the "prez" and can do as he wishes.......or not do anything at all. Would be nice to have someone human and down to earth ......with some semblance of intelligence in that oval office.

moghrabi
I have to hand it to Pasta and GL, Your posts hits it square on its head. Bravo indeed.

<snip - personal attack. Cosmo>

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

And good for her. Better to be flexible and adapt to change than stupid and stay the fecking course as the stubborn , limited minded bushcon types do.

It's called not flip-flopping and sticking with your convictions. In case you are not aware, it is also a strategy for winning elections.

It was a major factor on why Kerry lost the last election.

GL Schmitt

He has already met with her. . .

Yes, but at that time Cindy Sheehan was not aware that her President was a bloody liar. Once she did, she had to see him again.

That is the same reason why Patrick Fitzgerald had to keep calling Karl Rove and "Scooter" Libby back for additional interviews.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
history shows that Bush was the bigger flip-flop

but he had Diebold machines on his side

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by moghrabi

I have to hand it to Pasta and GL, Your posts hits it square on its head. Bravo indeed.

<snip - personal attack. Cosmo>

Not to worry Mog, I ain't gonna do no such thing. I ain't no sissy.
<snip - personal attack. Cosmo>[/quote]

moghrabi
<snip - Cut out the personal attacks!! Cosmo>

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

And good for her. Better to be flexible and adapt to change than stupid and stay the fecking course as the stubborn , limited minded bush-con types do.

It's called not flip-flopping and sticking with your convictions. In case you are not aware, it is also a strategy for winning elections.

It was a major factor on why Kerry lost the last election.

no, such rigidity in sticking with ones 'convictions' is just that rigid and uncompromising. Life is not like that. Situations change, people do change their minds........when more data comes in or is added to the data base. It is the ones that blindly stick with their positions rigidly that have a serious problem.

Seems you are interpreting the flip flop crap from the nastiest campaign in US history as clinical indecisiveness. NOT the case. and then "flip flop" became the catch phrase of the day. Not very sophisticated of people running for leadership......but one has come to expect that.

moghrabi
<snip>

Said1
Free Thinker
How many here are political activists or have participated or demonstrated for a cause?

I think not

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

And let's not forget Xtremely indifferent to Xtreme views such as your own.

You are patriotic to Wís war

You X out anyone who opposes your brand of patriotism

You canít really explain Y

I appears as if your patriotism is bringing you pretty close to the end

Pardon me, are you speaking to me directly or the usual non-sensical narrowminded anti-American spew?

I think not

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

one would swear this is a name of a DISEASE.......and judging from how often it comes up particularly states side , it has to be contageous.

this same level of "patriotism" existed in Nazi Germany..........remember??? Has the US not evolved beyond that???

Being patriotic is easy, hell if it bugs some that's just a bonus.

Said1
Free Thinker
Wasnt' adscam about unity and patrotism?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

gee, NJ.........of course being "patriotic" is easy. Being a follower is easy, Being a sheeple is easy. being part of a group mentality is easy. None of it calls for individual thinking, (as in original thought) A no brainer.

I think not

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

gee, NJ.........of course being "patriotic" is easy. Being a follower is easy, Being a sheeple is easy. being part of a group mentality is easy. None of it calls for individual thinking, (as in original thought) A no brainer.

It would help if you showed some of the stuff in bold

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

gee, NJ.......I am NOT the topic here , Cindy is. Your sarcasm is noted.

I think not

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

IT's not NJ, it's ITN. And since you constantly place 300 million below your superior morality, I think you are indeed part of the topic. You can't get away with it 100% of time. I thought hate speech was illegal in Canada? Or is there a clause that exempts Americans?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Quote:

It's called patriotism,

IT's not NJ, it's ITN. And since you constantly place 300 million below your superior morality, I think you are indeed part of the topic. You can't get away with it 100% of time. I thought hate speech was illegal in Canada? Or is there a clause that exempts Americans?

sorry. ITN

using the "hate speach "tactic does not fly in a debate. Cindy has the right to do what she is doing......and more power to her. Just as you have the right to bash her if that is what you want to do.

so before this strays too far off topic.......

pastafarian
Quote:

How many here are political activists or have participated or demonstrated for a cause?

I'm not really a political activist, though I support some causes financially. I've made banners, carried them and participated in six demonstrations. Having just seen Naomi Klein and Avi Lewis' inspiring film about the resurgence of capitalism in a world that has it confused with corporatism The Take, I can't help feeling (not for the first time) that what I've done is just "playing at protest".

That film has really got me thinking. It'll warrant a thread, when I see where I'm headed.

Since I reckon this thread is primarily n_j trying to compensate for a little something, I don't feel too bad about the thread drift. In any case, he hasn't said anything that hasn't escaped from Bill O'reilly's ass anyway.