Thuggery of the Left

Twin_Moose
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Actually you need to look at why.
Salvation Army has decided the GLBT+ community doesn't deserve their support in the name of their Religion.
So it's okay to help the poor of every other sin, except someone who has the 'sin' of being gay/trans/etc.
Not that I give to the SA anyway, or go to their thrift stores. I don't like Token Religions.

And that matters how?

JLM
+4

I don't like Token Religions.

Since when is Christianity a token religion? Since when is charity a token anything?

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It hard not to spot a tranny after a bender. Whiskers growing thru the makeup is a huge clue.

Nice to see your disgusting bigotry hasn't died off any.

pgs
+4

Is he incorrect in any way ?

Hoid
He is incorrect in every way

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

How ironic! A poster who has been admonished a thousand times by a hundred posters appoints himself as a judge of other people's correctness.

Danbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

What kind of make up hoids your day old whiskers?

the other guy's?

Danbones
+3

Everyone has a right to decide what they find disgusting dearie.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

How ironic! A poster who has been admonished a thousand times by a hundred posters appoints himself as a judge of other people's correctness.

How ironic that just such a poster is judging other posters for his own failing.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

And that matters how?

It's selective in how it helps people that Christians are supposed to be supportive of.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Since when is Christianity a token religion? Since when is charity a token anything?

When a sect or part of Christianity follows only select rules, and not all according to what they're supposed to (as taught by their bible), I equate that to token religion.

Charity is great.

Selective charity when it's not supposed to be selective, not so much.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Everyone has a right to decide what they find disgusting dearie.

Sure.

But you are being severely hypocritcal if your supposed to "Care for the poor and downtrodden" or in this case, the SA is supposed to help the homeless and those with less, unless you're gay or lesbian or trans or part of just a select group of people.

Personally I don't see the SA as something to bother with. I'd donate to the red cross or some other organization that serves everyone, than them. Knowing that the SA are religious based, to be honest I'm not surprised by their exclusiveness when it comes to helping those who need help. I also think it's pointless to bother to try and change them. Let them be exclusive; give to other charities instead.

petros
+5

Bigotry? Seeing a tranny with whiskers is bigoted?

petros
+3

Sure.
But you are being severely hypocritcal if your supposed to "Care for the poor and downtrodden" or in this case, the SA is supposed to help the homeless and those with less, unless you're gay or lesbian or trans or part of just a select group of people.
Personally I don't see the SA as something to bother with. I'd donate to the red cross or some other organization that serves everyone, than them. Knowing that the SA are religious based, to be honest I'm not surprised by their exclusiveness when it comes to helping those who need help. I also think it's pointless to bother to try and change them. Let them be exclusive; give to other charities instead.

So you demand Chritians apply charity equally? Do you contribute to Christian charity or hold your money back for bigoted reasons?

taxslave
+5

Sure.

SA spends the money they are given on helping people. Their overhead is very low. Red Cross OTH has a huge and highly paid bureaucracy to pay for out of donations. When they were collecting money to help Ft.Mac a couple of years ago they were even taking a cut of that money for handling.

Twin_Moose
+3

It's selective in how it helps people that Christians are supposed to be supportive of.

They don't support common law marriages either, I don't hear these couples crying about it.

Walter
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

They don't support common law marriages either, I don't hear these couples crying about it.

It's all about virtue signalling and destroying values.

Walter
+3
Asian Restaurant In NYC Forced To Close Because Critics Say White Owner ‘Culturally Appropriated’ Chinese Cuisine
https://www.dailywire.com/news/asian...hinese-cuisine

Can’t make this shit up. Shameful.

Hoid
Maybe you couldn't but some restaurant going tits up could.

Girth
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Asian Restaurant In NYC Forced To Close Because Critics Say White Owner ‘Culturally Appropriated’ Chinese Cuisine
https://www.dailywire.com/news/asian...hinese-cuisine
Can’t make this shit up. Shameful.

..and people wonder why Trump was elected.

Danbones
+3
Because I volunteer at the local homeless shelter and we also work WITH the Sally Anne and various churches, I can tell you, they help everyone who applies for food, and they also help with basic goods as well. None of the churches here apply sexual discrimination.

Salvation Army opens new space for homeless LGBT people, critics raise concerns

The Salvation Army is opening a new space for homeless members of the LGBT community in Winnipeg, but those plans are being criticized by gay advocates concerned about the organization's history with their community.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ipeg-1.4511073

Now there is the problem - the sally anne is trying to change and the LGBQ just BITCH like babies.

Be asleep get b*tched at, get woke get b*tched at, just as long as you get b*tched at, and PAY us to b*tch at you too.

LOL, The thuggery of fakenews left behind. Looks like it's becoming a full time job.

Girth
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Because I volunteer at the local homeless shelter and we also work WITH the Sally Anne and various churches, I can tell you, they help everyone who applies for food, and they also help with basic goods as well. None of the churches here apply sexual discrimination.
Salvation Army opens new space for homeless LGBT people, critics raise concerns
The Salvation Army is opening a new space for homeless members of the LGBT community in Winnipeg, but those plans are being criticized by gay advocates concerned about the organization's history with their community.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ipeg-1.4511073
Now there is the problem - the sally anne is trying to change and the LGBQ just BITCH like babies.
Be asleep get b*tched at, get woke get b*tched at, just as long as you get b*tched at, and PAY us to b*tch at you too.

LOL, The thuggery of fakenews left behind. Looks like it's becoming a full time job.

It's Winnipeg what do you expect. About a decade ago, a Mennonite based church built a fitness centre in the same vicinity of the Salvation Army location in Winnipeg, in order to help the poor and disadvantaged, the majority being of Aboriginal background. Nahanni Fontaine, an Aboriginal advocate and future NDP MLA, opposed the plan and equated it to "colonialism" and "cultural genocide."

You can't win with these people. Ignore them, and you are insensitive to their needs. Go out of your way to help them, and you are continuing to support colonialism.

Danbones
+4

Sure.

The red cross pays itself first...

Report: Red Cross Spent 25 Percent Of Haiti Donations On Internal Expenses

The American Red Cross spent a quarter of the money people donated after the 2010 Haiti earthquake — or almost $125 million — on its own internal expenses, far more than the charity previously had disclosed, according to a report released Thursday by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley.
https://www.npr.org/2016/06/16/48202...cross-finances

Trump haters like it like that though...

Quote:

WOW! As already proved: That is such a pile of totally dishonest HATE bs...period.

After all the hard work and donations of goods and money SO MANY people contribute to help the less fortunate that WE DO around here
I am completely offended by your IGNORANT lies.

Either get off your ass and help out, or STFU with the already proven BS.
Last edited by Danbones; Dec 11th, 2019 at 11:10 AM..

Girth
+3
Social justice warriors do not care for the poor or disadvantaged.

Twin_Moose
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Social justice warriors do not care for the poor or disadvantaged.

Just like Climate change warriors they are there to point out the problems not to deal with them

petros
+2
What problems?

Mowich
+3

It's Winnipeg what do you expect. About a decade ago, a Mennonite based church built a fitness centre in the same vicinity of the Salvation Army location in Winnipeg, in order to help the poor and disadvantaged, the majority being of Aboriginal background. Nahanni Fontaine, an Aboriginal advocate and future NDP MLA, opposed the plan and equated it to "colonialism" and "cultural genocide."

You can't win with these people. Ignore them, and you are insensitive to their needs. Go out of your way to help them, and you are continuing to support colonialism.

Yet another mouthy activist takes it upon herself to deprive her fellow natives of something because she doesn't have the brains or the humanity to realize that many of them could very well benefit from the fitness center. This is so typical of the small minority of native activists who actively campaign against the betterment of their own people in order to further their ideologically driven, ill-formed goals. Damn shame that.

JLM
+2

Sure.

I've supported the Salvation Army for years based on what I've heard that something over 80% of donations goes directly to mitigate need.

Girth
+2

Were you donating to the Red Cross in the 80s when they knew that blood they stored were more than likely contaminated with HIV, yet gave it for blood transfusions to those in need, only to have the recipients end up dying a slow and painful death from AIDS.

Nobody is perfect. Cut the Salvation Army some slack.

JLM
+3

Were you donating to the Red Cross in the 80s when they knew that blood they stored were more than likely contaminated with HIV, yet gave it for blood transfusions to those in need, only to have the recipients end up dying a slow and painful death from AIDS.

Nobody is perfect. Cut the Salvation Army some slack.

I know the Salvation Army is about as good as it gets. I don't think they can be faulted as long as the donations go to the poverty cases and as far as I know they do.