Election Night Thread


Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#31
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

My patriotic duty done, I am refusing to answer my phone as I keep getting calls about going to vote - nice thought folks but geez does it take over a dozen of you to get the point across.

Around here, they're all robocalls. There's no fun in stringing them along, like when you tell the Jehovah's witnesses that show up at the door that "We all worship Satan, here"..
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1 / -1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Around here, they're all robocalls. There's no fun in stringing them along, like when you tell the Jehovah's witnesses that show up at the door that "We all worship Satan, here"..


Actually, CC two of the calls were live and were from candidates in my constituency. Many of the others were definitely robocalls............I doubt that Stockwell Day actually called to get me out to vote.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#34
Polls are now closed in Newfoundland and Labrador........and now the fun begins.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Polls are now closed in Newfoundland and Labrador........and now the fun begins.

Another power on another thread about Western Separatism said that the expat Newfoundlanders were going fight hard for the new country. I should have pointed out that Newfoundland last time around was Liberal from one end to the other and will maybe repeat something like that.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#36
Leaves down 2-0. Fackin Turdoh
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Isn't it illegal to photograph your ballot?
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Isn't it illegal to photograph your ballot?

You have to draw a diagonal line through it and write "Specimen".
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

My patriotic duty done,

You joined the army? At your age?

I am genuinely impressed!
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You joined the army? At your age?
I am genuinely impressed!

She can actually fight, I'll wager.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

She can actually fight, I'll wager.

Better'n 90% of our esteemed members, for certain sure.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Notice, our American friend that at the Federal level, we still use old fashioned paper ballots that you put a single "X" on your choice. The ballots are counted by representatives of each political party running in that riding, each one scrutinizinfg the other. Results from each poll is phoned in. It's practically impossible to hack, no dangling chads. It's transparent and pretty hard to cheat.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Notice, our American friend that at the Federal level, we still use old fashioned paper ballots that you put a single "X" on your choice. The ballots are counted by representatives of each political party running in that riding, each one scrutinizinfg the other. Results from each poll is phoned in. It's practically impossible to hack, no dangling chads. It's transparent and pretty hard to cheat.

We decided pencils are too dangerous for the average Yank voter.

We're working on a ballot where you shoot your choice.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

We decided pencils are too dangerous for the average Yank voter.
We're working on a ballot where you shoot your choice.

You may be 100% right.

At least, it's a more honest process than sending your vote to a server under somebody else's control.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#45
Pencils donít kill people. People kill people
 
Hoid
#46
cbc declaring liberal win

just not sure if it will be a minority
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

cbc declaring liberal win
just not sure if it will be a minority

Be sure, unless Alberta suddenly elects a bunch of Liberals.
 
Hoid
#48
cbc wasn't sure
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Isn't it illegal to photograph your ballot?

Itís illegal to take a selfie.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#50
How bad does your message have to be if you canít beat the worst PM in Canadian history
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#51
CTV News declares Liberal minority

http://links.bellmedia-ctv.mkt4301.c...NQS2&mt=1&rt=0
 
Hoid
#52
awfully quiet around here.

I would expect to see a lot of western separation jibber jabber over the next few days
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
+2
#53
I'm sort of shocked but actually happy too that Fredericton voted Green.


NB half and half, as usual.


Bloc got more than I thought they would.


Just glad the Cons are not the majority or even minority government. I much prefer a Lib minority over a lot of other scenarios.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

awfully quiet around here.

I would expect to see a lot of western separation jibber jabber over the next few days

Sheer has a few more votes than Justin......at the moment.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#55
Trumpism just doesnít sell well in Canada. Conservatives should have listened to fiscal conservatives like me and abandoned their social conservative bullshyte
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#56
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Trumpism just doesnít sell well in Canada. Conservatives should have listened to fiscal conservatives like me and abandoned their social conservative bullshyte

Personally......I am delighted that Trumpism does not sell in CDA.........We have enough issues with out adding that to
the equation.
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post



Yep, had Justin gone with the voter reform thing he'd be losing now.


That's one reason why I couldn't vote Liberal this time around. That said, I'm glad he didn't change things cause a Con government would be worse than Lib.
 
mentalfloss
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

*snort*

To be fair, I would support PR even though I wouldn't like this result.

Maybe Conservatives will realize it's worth considering now.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1
#60

For Justin to lead it has to be (most likely) with the NDP, and there's a solid block of blue watching.