Barney Franks Saves the DAY!!!


hello85
#1
This America representative made the funniest comment back to a woman who asked "why do you support a nazi healthcare policy" Barney just went off on her. When i saw it i was like wowww.. this woman is soo stupid.. Thanks barney for teaching her a lesson.

Politics
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#2
Saves the day? Wow, you lefties sure do scare easily.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
#3
Hello85....Welcome to Canadian Content Forums. I've sent you a PM (Private
Message) with some guidance in it for you. You can't (I believe) directly respond
to it at this point, but it'll get you started.
 
hello85
#4
well i was just using the name of the article on that site but yea. he stood up against that extremist and didnt let some fool interrupt the town hall meeting.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#5
boo!!!!
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#6
This isn't an issue about left and right its about immunizing people against ignorance. I find it funny that people keep referring to the Nazi group as a bunch of communists when in fact the Nazi movement or National Socialism was in fact a conservative right wing organization. Its too bad conservatives don't know that.
 
opim101
#7
in response to your article... do you know where i can find the video of this.. i think he said somthing like talking to you would be like talking to a chair... haha barney is kinda funny... but as a rep. he has some of the worst policies and standards ever.

so what the link to this site..whoopsamerica that's a hell of a site... how did you find out about it??
i've never seen anything like it before.
Last edited by shadowshiv; Aug 31st, 2009 at 03:02 PM..
 
strange
No Party Affiliation
#8
Hahahaha 'arguing with the dining room table'
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#9
The Goverment Can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh6f5Go0

 
Walter
#10
I thought he would save the day by giving some guy a hummer.
 
hello85
#11
i absolutely agree with you damngrumpy
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#12
To bad the education system that failed our children, is still failing to teach there children. The Nazi's were in fact a extreme right wing political party, perfectly legal. Now for the kicker, why is it that most of the teachers are more left than right?
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#13
At the time in Germany they were legal when they came to power, they are not legal now I understand. At one time it was illegal in North America too, but I
don't know if that changed. I would much rather my grand children learn from
teachers who are slightly left that right wing anyday.
The right wing global policy is the reason we find ourselves the mess we're in today.
As the economy gets worse, and it will get worse before it gets better, you will
see more and more governments going left like Japan did last Sunday.
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#14
That was a 'save'?

Heck no. All he did is further divide, when instead he could have had an opportunity to explain WHY she was making a ridiculous comparison. Driving a wedge further and further between the factions serves no purpose.
 
earth_as_one
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

That was a 'save'?

Heck no. All he did is further divide, when instead he could have had an opportunity to explain WHY she was making a ridiculous comparison. Driving a wedge further and further between the factions serves no purpose.

You think that would work? I don't. Someone holding a picture of Obama with a Hitler moustache and asking a leading question about a nazi healthcare policy isn't interested in debate. Quite the opposite. They are interested derailing reasoned debate by linking Obama with Hitler and universal healthcare with Nazism.

Ridicule was the proper response. He should have embarassed her until she wanted to crawl under a rock, effectively shutting up anyone else present with similar ideas. Then the debate could move on to its intended purpose... discussing the pros and cons of the Democrat's proposed health care policy.

BTW, the same tactic is used here. When certain people on this forum begin losing a debate through logic, they resort to name calling. If the person ignores the name calling, and the name calling is persistent, the labels begin to stick and the person who won the debate by logic looses credibility. Reasonable people start ignoring you. After all, who would listen to a Nazi?

If the person defends themselves from the name calling, then the subject of the debate changes to whether or not someone is a Nazi. The person called names still looses credibility. Its impossible to win that type of debate. So ridicule is probably the correct tactic to deal with the ridiculous.

But if you think you could win that debate, then perhaps you could explain why Obama isn't Hitler and the Democrat's proposed communist health care policy isn't a form of Nazism. I'll respond by ignoring whatever you say, waving my Obama/Hitler photo and screaming, "NAZI!, NAZI!..." If you take me seriously, I'll win that debate every time.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#16
You cannot have a dialogue with a fanatic from the political right wing, anymore than you can have a discussion with the fanatical left. The only way to hold a
meeting like that, is to shut down the fanatical protesters.
Some years ago I was a candidate in a federal election, and I tell you its not all what's its cracked up to be especially if you tell a situation, any situation the way it
is. No I didn't win, but I answered peoples questions sometimes from a party point
of view, but there were times I did tell people that is party policy my view differs,
in the following way. Before the election was over the party wasn't totally happy,
the opposition parties were confused but then I have always thought the opposition
was often confused about what Canadians want. That alone is funny, because the
one thing I found is that most Canadians don't know what the hell they want and if
they want something that could change in a week lol.
Barney Frank has always served his people well like him or not. I think he is a
progressive and a real liberal. When it comes to politics I am a progressive socially
and I am conservative fiscally. Find out the size of the problem and remember the
cost of the program must include the cost of ongoing maintenance.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

At the time in Germany they were legal when they came to power, they are not legal now I understand. At one time it was illegal in North America too, but I
don't know if that changed. I would much rather my grand children learn from
teachers who are slightly left that right wing anyday.
The right wing global policy is the reason we find ourselves the mess we're in today.
As the economy gets worse, and it will get worse before it gets better, you will
see more and more governments going left like Japan did last Sunday.


If that is what you like, then you cannot complain about how their education turns out. I was not referring to the goverments leanings, just the teachers. Today kids in the U.S. are graduating high school not even knowing the capitol of Canada. As for Mexico, they think that one is a trick question.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

To bad the education system that failed our children, is still failing to teach there children. The Nazi's were in fact a extreme right wing political party, perfectly legal. Now for the kicker, why is it that most of the teachers are more left than right?

Simple answer;
Teachers for the most part have never had a real job. They simply changed the direction their desk is facing. Therefore they lack real life experiences that disprove their ideas. Their pay cheques come on time with an excellent benny package and no worries about being competent. I once took some business courses after I had been a contractor for a few years. Their abstract theories on how business should operate are a long way from the reality of small business. Same goes for most of their ideas on socialism.
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#19
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#20
I vote for
Barney Frank.

Hiltler is appearing all over the place, Hey over there is Elvis.
 
hello85
#21
why is this a lefty rightist issue?? all we are trying to say, regardless of your political affiliations, are that these people who speak out nonsense at town hall meetings need to be brought down. and that is what barney frank did so i praise him. doesnt matter if he was democratic republic conservative liberal etc. he did the right thing.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#22
A Department of Education blunder put the word "Negro" onto a form sent out to tens of thousands of Broward (highly Democratic Obama county) parents asking for the racial background of their kids.

Now this is funny. maybe
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#23
There will be a day when this bugger-holing piece of human garbage, gay-prostitute prompting pimp will learn not to compare his constituents to a dining room table, and take their votes for granted, because NOTHING lasts forever.

He should be well advised to consult with former Senate Majority Leader (by defection of Jumping Jim Jeffords, NOT EARNED) Tom Daschle.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post

There will be a day when this bugger-holing piece of human garbage, gay-prostitute prompting pimp will learn not to compare his constituents to a dining room table, and take their votes for granted, because NOTHING lasts forever.

He should be well advised to consult with former Senate Majority Leader (by defection of Jumping Jim Jeffords, NOT EARNED) Tom Daschle.

Which religious right wing nut are you referring to? The preachers that rape little boys or the republicans that troll for gays in bathrooms?
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#25
"There will be a day when this bugger-holing piece of human garbage, gay-prostitute prompting pimp will learn not to compare his constituents to a dining room table..."

Unless it's true, and then he's free to do so. I mean, come on, comparing Obama to Hitler? No comparison, thank you very much.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#26
"Which religious right wing nut are you referring to? The preachers that rape little boys or the republicans that troll for gays in bathrooms?"

Good try to change the subject, taxslave!

I am referring ONLY to the athiest homo, Barney Frank. The(future) EX "representative" of gullible folks in the great commonwealth of Massachusetts.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post

"Which religious right wing nut are you referring to? The preachers that rape little boys or the republicans that troll for gays in bathrooms?"

Good try to change the subject, taxslave!

I am referring ONLY to the athiest homo, Barney Frank. The(future) EX "representative" of gullible folks in the great commonwealth of Massachusetts.

SO you have a problem with people that can think for themselves? One that does not believe in some fairy tale. If you do not like people with different sexual orientation than your asexual self you are free to do so but that does not give you the right to impose your sick and twisted view of morality on the rest of the world. Makes you exactly the same as the Taliban. Or are they your secret heros?
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#28
Yukon Jack: Are bible thumping gay trolling republicans OK? How about religious republican pedophiles? Just wondering if your problem is with liberals or Gays?
 
hello85
#29
haha wow yukon jack... an atheist homo??? thats really low. his sexual orientation and religion has nothing to do with his political status. Havent you heard of Separation of church and state?
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#30
At the time in Germany they were legal when they came to power, they are not legal now I understand. At one time it was illegal in North America too, but I
don't know if that changed.


Damngrumpy, I think Nazi Party is legal in USA. I don’t know about Canada. Incidentally, why is everyone writing with a blue font here?
 

Similar Threads

3
Dog Saves Injured Dog On Highway
by Twila | Dec 4th, 2008
3
German Kitty Saves Baby
by I think not | Apr 20th, 2006
2
War on terror costs more lives than it saves.
by Hard-Luck Henry | Sep 9th, 2005