What's Trump Done Now?


JLM
No Party Affiliation
#6001
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Actually, yes, I do, not that it has anything to do with Trump's lack of compassion.
There's a couple we know have a Mom & Pop restaurant in town that serves some pretty yummy food.


Actually to give Trump his due (he can be an asshole in many ways) but lack of compassion isn't one of them from what I've seen any time there is a horrendous event happening. He's always spoken out in regards to mass shootings and such things as major earthquakes etc.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#6002
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Actually, yes, I do, not that it has anything to do with Trump's lack of compassion.
There's a couple we know have a Mom & Pop restaurant in town that serves some pretty yummy food.

You should have a discussion of the current events with them .
 
AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
#6003
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Actually to give Trump his due (he can be an asshole in many ways) but lack of compassion isn't one of them from what I've seen any time there is a horrendous event happening. He's always spoken out in regards to mass shootings and such things as major earthquakes etc.

Yeah, he sends "thoughts and prayers".
 
AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6004
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You should have a discussion of the current events with them .

lol They moved here because the religious dictatorship their is just as brutal as the Shah's regime and they didn't move to the USA because they didn't think they'd be safe there.
I am sure they still have contact with their relatives there, though. So you think you're on top of it all? More then they are?
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
#6005
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Actually to give Trump his due (he can be an asshole in many ways) but lack of compassion isn't one of them from what I've seen any time there is a horrendous event happening. He's always spoken out in regards to mass shootings and such things as major earthquakes etc.


Empty platitudes spouted by a politician in place of actual action (re mass shootings/gun control measures) so as not to piss off the NRA does not a compassionate leader make. It's "insert sympathy here" politics at it's worst every time any politician offers prayers to the victims and their families when it comes to mass shootings in a country where gun violence is out of hand.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#6006
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

lol They moved here because the religious dictatorship their is just as brutal as the Shah's regime and they didn't move to the USA because they didn't think they'd be safe there.
I am sure they still have contact with their relatives there, though. So you think you're on top of it all? More then they are?

No , I think they are up on it more then you are .
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6007
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Yeah, he sends "thoughts and prayers".


Does that not qualify as compassion?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6008
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Empty platitudes spouted by a politician in place of actual action (re mass shootings/gun control measures) so as not to piss off the NRA does not a compassionate leader make. It's "insert sympathy here" politics at it's worst every time any politician offers prayers to the victims and their families when it comes to mass shootings in a country where gun violence is out of hand.


It's been proven time in time out 24/7 that gun control doesn't accomplish anything, except harass the legitimate and responsible gun owners. How many of our other rights and freedoms will have to be controlled before guns can be controlled?
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#6009
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It's been proven time in time out 24/7 that gun control doesn't accomplish anything, except harass the legitimate and responsible gun owners. How many of our other rights and freedoms will have to be controlled before guns can be controlled?


Common sense dictates that the difference between someone opening fire in a crowded space with an automatic weapon as opposed to a single action weapon kills/wounds far more people. Common sense gun control measures on automatic weapons seems logical.
 
Walter
#6010
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Common sense dictates that the difference between someone opening fire in a crowded space with an automatic weapon as opposed to a single action weapon kills/wounds far more people. Common sense gun control measures on automatic weapons seems logical.

Can’t buy an automatic gun in the states very easily.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
-1
#6011
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Can’t buy an automatic gun in the states very easily.


There's more than one way to skin a cat my friend.

The thumbs down button is still in t..... oh hell you know the drill. It's muscle memory for you at this point, carry on Walter.
 
Walter
#6012
Trump Protects School Prayer: 'We Will Not Let Anyone Push God From the Public Square'
https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-p...public-square/

Amen.
 
Durry
+3
#6013
FYI

From: Tim Allen

Here are some interesting points to think about prior to 2020, especially to my friends on the fence, like moderate Democrats, Libertarians and Independents and the never Trump Republicans and those thinking of "walking away" from the Democratic party.

Women are upset at Trump’s naughty words -- they also bought 80 million copies of 50 Shades of Gray.

Not one feminist has defended Sarah Sanders. It seems women’s rights only matter if those women are liberal.

No Border Walls. No voter ID laws. Did you figure it out yet? But wait... there's more.

Chelsea Clinton got out of college and got a job at NBC that paid $900,000 per year. Her mom flies around the country speaking out about white privilege.

And just like that, they went from being against foreign interference in our elections to allowing non-citizens to vote in our elections.

President Trump’s wall costs less than the Obamacare website. Let that sink in, America.

We are one election away from open borders, socialism, gun confiscation, and full-term abortion nationally. We are fighting evil.

They sent more troops and armament to arrest Roger Stone than they sent to defend Benghazi.

60 years ago, Venezuela was 4th on the world economic freedom index.
Today, they are 179th and their citizens are dying of starvation.
In only 10 years, Venezuela was destroyed by democratic socialism.

Russia donated $0.00 to the Trump campaign. Russia donated $145,600,000 to the Clinton Foundation. But Trump was the one investigated!

Nancy Pelosi invited illegal aliens to the State of the Union. President Trump Invited victims of illegal aliens to the State of the Union. Let that sink in.

A socialist is basically a communist who doesn’t have the power to take everything from their citizens at gunpoint ... Yet!

How do you walk 3000 miles across Mexico without food or support and show up at our border 100 pounds overweight and with a cellphone?

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez wants to ban cars, ban planes, give out universal income and thinks socialism works. She calls Donald Trump crazy.

Bill Clinton paid $850,000 to Paula Jones To get her to go away. I don’t remember the FBI raiding his lawyer’s office.

I wake up every day and I am grateful that Hillary Clinton is not the president of the United States of America.

The same media that told me Hillary Clinton had a 95% chance of winning now tells me Trump’s approval ratings are low.

“The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.”— Margaret Thatcher

Maxine Waters opposes voter ID laws; She thinks that they are racist. You need to have a photo ID to attend her town hall meetings.

President Trump said — "They’re not after me. They’re after you. I’m just in their way."

Now, go Back & Read this Again like your Future Depends upon it, Because it Does.

God bless America and God bless President Donald J. Trump!!
 
Walter
+1
#6014
President Trump Corrects GAO’s Statement On Ukraine Aid, OMB Also Challenges Report
https://www.oann.com/g-a-o-says-trum...m-b-disagrees/

Trump is always steps ahead of the progs.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6015
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

President Trump Corrects GAO’s Statement On Ukraine Aid, OMB Also Challenges Report
https://www.oann.com/g-a-o-says-trum...m-b-disagrees/
Trump is always steps ahead of the progs.

The house committee supporting the majority house view shocking. Since when does foreign policy fall to house policy? The only house control on foreign policy is the declaration of war.
 
Hoid
#6016
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The house committee supporting the majority house view shocking. Since when does foreign policy fall to house policy? The only house control on foreign policy is the declaration of war.

perhaps you should stick to not knowing a thing about your own country and government
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6017
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The house committee supporting the majority house view shocking. Since when does foreign policy fall to house policy? The only house control on foreign policy is the declaration of war.

When "house policy" is written into the law. Specifically, the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6018
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

When "house policy" is written into the law. Specifically, the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.

Unless a notice of delay was requested correct? Was it?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#6019
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Unless a notice of delay was requested correct? Was it?

According to GAO, either not at all or not in accordance with the law.

I don't suppose it will do any good for me to point out that GAO is an agency with a long history of, and institutional pride in, non-partisan accounting, auditing, and accountability, will it?

I imagine you'll just bellow "deep state!" or some such arrant nonsense.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6020
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

perhaps you should stick to not knowing a thing about your own country and government

Please explain it, oh wise one
 
Hoid
#6021
You don't know anything about America, American politics or the American political system.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6022
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

According to GAO, either not at all or not in accordance with the law.
I don't suppose it will do any good for me to point out that GAO is an agency with a long history of, and institutional pride in, non-partisan accounting, auditing, and accountability, will it?
I imagine you'll just bellow "deep state!" or some such arrant nonsense.

No I already know Obama was called out multiple times by this committee

FYI no Trump never sent the request to congress as is Pelosi's argument. but however by 2 footnotes on the release to the Pentagon footnote 1 do not release before Aug. 5 footnote 2 must be released before expiration
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6023
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You don't know anything about America, American politics or the American political system.

IYO? So how does this explain it?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#6024
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

No I already know Obama was called out multiple times by this committee

It's not a committee. It's the Government Accountability Office, formerly the General Accounting Office. Its specific mission is to ensure that the government's money is handled properly, in accordance with the law. Even if your name is Trump.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#6025
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

It's not a committee. It's the Government Accountability Office, formerly the General Accounting Office. Its specific mission is to ensure that the government's money is handled properly, in accordance with the law. Even if your name is Trump.

Yeah whatever, mostly ignored until just now, why is that?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6026
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yeah whatever, mostly ignored until just now, why is that?

Because it just released its report. It takes time to do a proper investigation.

But thank you for imputing a nefarious motive to a famously "just the facts, ma'am" agency.

Sure you don't wanna holler "deep state?"
 
AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
#6027
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

No , I think they are up on it more then you are .

Obviously. And even more so than you.
 
AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#6028
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Does that not qualify as compassion?

Words are cheap, especially Trump's words. He actually displayed how much compassion he has when he threw a roll of paper towels at Puerto Ricans after the hurricane there and then sniveled about corruption there (like there ain't none in his admin). lmao
Last edited by AnnaEmber; Jan 17th, 2020 at 05:24 PM..
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#6029
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Obviously. And even more so than you.

I don’t doubt that for a second.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#6030
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

President Trump Corrects GAO’s Statement On Ukraine Aid, OMB Also Challenges Report
https://www.oann.com/g-a-o-says-trum...m-b-disagrees/

Trump is always steps ahead of the progs.


Well...…………………………………...maybe!