Latest Federal Polls

Walter
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

My dog would make a better P.M. than Trudeau!

Any dog would.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Colpy
Conservative
+5 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I mean nobody actually thinks anyone is voting for the conservatives do they?

They are voting against the liberals.

That is the best the conservatives can hope for.

That is how Harper became PM.

And voting against Harper made Justin PM.

It sure wasn't his policies, his intelligence, or his honesty.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
It was his hair.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
It was all of those costumes in his Tickle Trunk.

Danbones
Free Thinker
[youtube]2GPib6VdgqM[/youtube]

It was the way he jumps into his pants

Colpy
Conservative
+4
https://globalnews.ca/news/4104673/t...l-rating-down/

It just looks better and better for us.

The Tories (in this poll) even have a significant lead among women.

It is Scheer joy to read this.

Conservatives 38%

Liberals 31%

NDP 23%

Now, IPSOS has a tendency to over rate the Conservatives......but the trend is clear.

Go Andrew Go!
Last edited by Colpy; Mar 26th, 2018 at 09:21 AM..

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I think the sole cause of that dilemma is human idiocy!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

The Dippers are now jumping all over this and crying Racism, Nazism, White power, etc. to deflect away from Singh's terrorism support.

Jagmeet Singh coverage an extreme double standard on extremism

Quote:

The media’s trial of Jagmeet Singh for alleged “extremism” exposes an extreme double standard.
Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s associations with extremism were routinely ignored: from his role in establishing the pro-apartheid Northern Foundation, whose speaker roster included neo-Nazi Paul Fromm, in 1988; to his inclusion of a representative from the Jewish Defence League, labelled a “right-wing terrorist group” by the FBI in 2001, on a taxpayer-funded trip to Israel in 2014.

During Harper’s tenure as Prime Minister, “a militant charismatic fringe [of Christian nationalists] … gained influence out of all proportion to its numerical heft,” as former Maclean’s Washington bureau chief Marci McDonald documented in her book The Armageddon Factor. “Not only [did] it help to reshape foreign policy, the public service and the courts,” noted McDonald, but “it [threw] its weight behind a range of socially conservative policies that it regards as prerequisites to remaking Canada as a distinctly Christian nation” — even while “media failed to pick up the clues to its increasing influence.”
Current Conservative Party leader Andrew Scheer’s connections to extreme right-wing Rebel Media — described as “a global platform for an extreme anti-Muslim ideology” by National Post journalist Richard Warnica — have similarly received shockingly inadequate scrutiny.
Scheer’s campaign manager for the 2019 election is former Rebel Media corporate director Hamish Marshall, who had previously steered Scheer’s party leadership campaign to victory while working from the Rebel offices in Toronto.
In an interview with Toronto Life last May, Scheer listed the Rebel as one of his “go-to news sources.” Twenty-five per cent of sitting Conservative MPs — including Scheer himself, as well as House Opposition Leader Candice Bergen and shadow cabinet members Maxime Bernier, Steven Blaney, and Pierre Poilievre — have made guest appearances on Rebel Media shows.
In August — after the Rebel’s pro-White supremacist coverage of the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville elicited widespread outrage (due to the killing of anti-fascism activist Heather Heyer) — Scheer announced he would temporarily suspend interviews with the outlet “as long as the editorial direction of that particular institution remains as it is.”
The fact that it took Scheer so long to distance himself even so meekly from the Rebel demonstrates a disturbing tolerance for its brand of hateful intolerance. The flagrant racism of Scheer’s “go-to news source” was not only apparent, but notorious, long before the neo-Nazi riots in Charlottesville.
For example, in March 2017, then-Rebel host Gavin McInnes — founder of the self-described “Western chauvinist” group the Proud Boys, whose militant arm has been characterized as an “accelerant for violence at right-wing rallies” by the Southern Poverty Law Center — published a video on the site entitled “10 Things I Hate About Jews,” attracting international condemnation.
That same month, another Rebel host at the time, Faith Goldy, called for a “crusade” against Muslims in Bethlehem, invoking the white nationalist battle cry “deus vult” (“God wills it”).
The Rebel’s former U.K. correspondent, Tommy Robinson, started the English Defence League, which has been linked to bomb plots and mob violence directed against Muslims in the U.K.
And yet, Scheer’s enduring relationships with personalities involved in the development of Rebel Media, like Hamish Marshall, have garnered relatively scant media attention — in stark contrast to the hounding of Jagmeet Singh for speaking at a 2015 rally commemorating the 1984 Sikh massacre, and a 2016 event where one of Singh’s co-panellists appeared to endorse violence in Sikh sovereignty activism.
Commentators have indicted Singh of extremism by association with Sikh separatists, while omitting crucial pieces of context: that the last fatality connected with Sikh insurgency occurred more than two decades ago; and that Sikhs themselves have been subjected to extreme violence by Indian security forces, which “arbitrarily detained, tortured, executed, and ‘disappeared’ tens of thousands of Sikhs in counter-insurgency operations” with impunity, according to Human Rights Watch.
While Singh has been called to account for atrocities committed by his co-religionists when he was just a child, Scheer has been permitted to evade accountability for his connections with groups perpetrating violence in the present.
This is symptomatic of Canadian media’s terrorism tunnel-vision, which seems to have trouble seeing extremism unless it comes with a turban and beard.
Azeezah Kanji is a legal analyst.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4

https://globalnews.ca/news/4104673/t...l-rating-down/

It just looks better and better for us.

The Tories (in this poll) even have a significant lead among women.

It is Scheer joy to read this.

Conservatives 38%

Liberals 31%

NDP 23%

Now, IPSOS has a tendency to over rate the Conservatives......but the trend is clear.

Go Andrew Go!

Considering that JT is a feminist, his losing the female demographic is a death knell

Colpy
Conservative
+3
Poll Tracker: Federal poll averages and seat projections | CBC News

petros
(Note to mobile users: Charts are more easily read when viewed horizontally.)

PRICELESS!

Hoid
The question in Canada as always is how unpopular are the Liberals?

If they are massively unpopular like the end of the Chretien/Martin dynasty you can end up with a conservative government.

Otherwise is liberals and liberal minorities.

petros
+1

44% approval. Does that help?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

If they are massively unpopular like the end of the Chretien/Martin dynasty you can end up with a conservative government.

If the latest polls are to be believed the liberals are very unpopular at present .

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Since the liberals never were popular in the west it is their home base in Ontario and Quebec that will loose it for them.

Colpy
Conservative
+1

The latest poll averages show the Conservatives with a 21.5% chance of a majority, and a 59.6% chance of a minority, for a 81.1% chance of a win.

The latest poll show the Liberals with a 4.5% chance of a majority, and a 13.2% chance of a minority, for a 17.7% chance of a win.

Decapoda
+4
What a difference a few months make. I wonder if Warren Kinsella feels like he should have held off with his prediction?

10 Reasons Why Trudeau Will Win The Next Federal Election - 06/26/2017

1. He's doing the right things.
2. He's not doing the wrong things.
3. Staying out of the papers.
4. Cooling it with the selfie stuff.
5. Opposing Trump's manifest destiny.
6. No scandals of significance - no real scandals, even.
7. No nasty fights with the provinces.
8. He's got luck to spare.
9. He's hard to hate.
10.He's likeable.

Oh boy...how things change.

justlooking
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'm looking forward to Andrew as PM.

Don't jinx it please.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I'd vote for a root canal over Trudeau

I'd vote for a root canal with no anesthetic over Trudeau.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

My dog would make a better P.M. than Trudeau!

My CAT would make a better PM.

Father's name, which duped so many. Hopefully some eyes have opened.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Get rid of the party system and this stupid dichotomy that divides and conquers us will go away. Any majority government becomes dictatorial. All MP should be independents and all law passed by consensus. You would have local representation, no corporate control of parliament and government would represent the people and all of the provinces.

EagleSmack
+1

The latest poll averages show the Conservatives with a 21.5% chance of a majority, and a 59.6% chance of a minority, for a 81.1% chance of a win.

The latest poll show the Liberals with a 4.5% chance of a majority, and a 13.2% chance of a minority, for a 17.7% chance of a win.

Wow! Justin has some serious work to do!

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Get rid of the party system and this stupid dichotomy that divides and conquers us will go away. Any majority government becomes dictatorial. All MP should be independents and all law passed by consensus. You would have local representation, no corporate control of parliament and government would represent the people and all of the provinces.

Yes, hmmm, a no party system is a one party system by another name...

We could call it communation!

I guess it's all good, Until they take everyone's guns and shoot all the people with glasses.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Y'all love fascism, eh!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Thanks Cliffy I was on the fence with Scheer until that list now I'm all in get "r" dun Andrew

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Thanks Cliffy I was on the fence with Scheer until that list now I'm all in get "r" dun Andrew

Of course you are. Conservatives are mostly fascist leaning, religious fruit loops like your idol, Harpo.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
I'm more for individual rights and personal freedom than being mass controlled

Decapoda
+2

Of course you are. Conservatives are mostly fascist leaning, religious fruit loops like your idol, Harpo.

I could see how someone who shares political ideology with Karl Marx such as yourself would see any other perspective this way.

When you've convinced yourself that literally everyone around you lacks rationality or intellect, there exists another possibility...maybe it's not everyone else.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

I could see how someone who shares political ideology with Karl Marx such as yourself would see any other perspective this way.

When you've convinced yourself that literally everyone around you lacks rationality or intellect, there exists another possibility...maybe it's not everyone else.

Oh, so now I'm a communist becuz I don't subscribe to Sheere's fascist agenda. I wasn't aware that an anarchist could also be a communist. Thanks for setting me straight.

petros
+1
ooOOoo....Conspiracies already.

Decapoda
+2

Oh, so now I'm a communist becuz I don't subscribe to Sheere's fascist agenda. I wasn't aware that an anarchist could also be a communist. Thanks for setting me straight.

I didn't say you were a communist, I said you share a political ideology with Marx. Did you not indicate a preference for social rule over capitalism?

petros
+1
He is easily distracted for some drug reason.