RIP
https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...age-91-photos/

B00Mer
R.I.P

Very sad news

Danbones
Yeah, all the 60s children's idols will be dropping off over the next few years

RIP one and all.

We should have got him a gig with isis, then he could have died twenty, maybe thirty times...

spaminator
tay
Would I be the first one to think he was already long gone? I remember years ago he blew up like an elephant. Had something that he would most likely die from.

When I say the first story on this yesterday I looked at the date and there was none. I was thinking somebody recycled a story.

He made it to 93 and I never found him particularly funny but he did good things with his stardom and money which in my eyes, forgives his mediocre comedy attempts ......

Danbones
Updated August 21, 2017 - 1:24 am
Entertainer Jerry Lewis, famous for his zany comedy and for raising millions to fight muscular dystrophy, died Sunday morning at his home in Las Vegas.
He was 91. His family confirmed his death: “Famed comedian, actor and legendary entertainer Jerry Lewis passed away peacefully today of natural causes at 91 at his home in Las Vegas with his family by his side.” According to the family, Lewis died at 9:15 a.m.
(from the link)
Looks like they meant aug 20

There are some (mickey rooney, al bagdaddy, if I recall) that seemed to die every other week there for a while...
But that's show bizness!

tay
I'm actually surprised Walter didn't start a post about a much funnier comedian passing away........

Courageous, wise, perceptive, energetic, brilliant and funny.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRSFWMw9IWo

Murphy
+1
I thought he was pretty cool when I was a kid. As I got older, and as comedy changed, he did not seem as funny. He was a product of his time. He did well into the 1960s, when funny started changing.

But regardless of his declining box office earnings, he did a lot of good for the kids (and everyone really) with MD. His last telethon was 2010.

[youtube]iacM6UGPswM[/youtube]

spaminator
Jerry Lewis 'intentionally excluded' 6 sons from his will
WENN.COM
First posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 11:13 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, September 22, 2017 11:32 AM EDT
Jerry Lewis “intentionally excluded” his six sons from his first marriage out of his will.
The Nutty Professor star passed away on 20 August, and now The Blast have obtained a copy a the last will and testament he executed in 2012. In the document, Lewis makes no secret of the fact he has decided to leave his children, from his first marriage to Patti Palmer, out of the will.
“I have intentionally excluded Gary Lewis, Ronald Lewis, Anthony Joseph Lewis, Christopher Joseph Lewis, Scott Anthony Lewis, and Joseph Christopher Lewis and their descendants as beneficiaries of my estate, it being my intention that they shall receive no benefits hereunder,” the will states.
His son Joseph died in 2009 after a drug overdose.
According to reports, Lewis left his entire estate to widow SanDee Pitnick, with their adopted daughter Danielle second in line to inherit the fortune.
The reasons for Lewis’ estrangement from his sons is believed to have been connected to Joseph’s death, with his eldest son Gary blaming the comedian and actor for his son’s passing. Labelling him a “mean and evil person”, Gary added that he believes Joseph’s suicide could have been prevented if he and his father had a better relationship.
“I believe he partly died of a broken heart,” Gary said, according to the Daily Mail.
http://theblast.com/jerry-lewis-left...will-testament
Jerry Lewis 'intentionally excluded' 6 sons from his will | Celebrities | Entert