Wear a Poppy, says Don Cherry


Hoid
#211
if you look at the Canadians involved in world war one the immigrants to Canada enlisted at a far higher rate and much earlier than native born.

As did indigenous people

it was the lack of enlistment from Canadian born citizens that led to conscription.
 
MHz
#212
I'd rather hear about his dates with Mad Maddy Albright.
 
MHz
#213
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

if you look at the Canadians involved in world war one the immigrants to Canada enlisted at a far higher rate and much earlier than native born.

As did indigenous people

it was the lack of enlistment from Canadian born citizens that led to conscription.

They were the only ones who didn't know it was a fake war.
 
Curious Cdn
#214
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

They were the only ones who didn't know it was a fake war.

All those widows and orphans were TRICKED by the Jews!
 
Durry
#215
Don M blew it tonight on Coaches Corner
 
pgs
#216
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Tell us what your contribution to the Canadian military has been?

Taxes , taxes , and more taxes . Tell us how you single handily brought about the downfall of soviet Russia .
 
Curious Cdn
#217
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Taxes , taxes , and more taxes . Tell us how you single handily brought about the downfall of soviet Russia .

Tell how you damaged your brain to the point of asking ridiculous questions like that?
 
pgs
#218
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Tell how you damaged your brain to the point of asking ridiculous questions like that?

Taxes , taxes and more taxes .
 
Curious Cdn
#219
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Taxes , taxes and more taxes .

what?

You pay taxes?

I thought that all the smart guys avoided that.
 
Jinentonix
#220
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

if you look at the Canadians involved in world war one the immigrants to Canada enlisted at a far higher rate and much earlier than native born.

You mean British immigrants? You bet. However, in general non-Whites were not welcomed into the military. And French-Canadians weren't exactly leaping to join up to fight Britain's war either. Although to be sure, some of them did. There was also an all-Black construction battalion and a handful of Japanese soldiers. On top of that approximately 190,000 foreign-born males were not eligible to enlist because they were "un-naturalized" Canadians.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As did indigenous people

3500 out of roughly 600,000

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

it was the lack of enlistment from Canadian born citizens that led to conscription.

Yeah after 3 years of war. A total of 600,000 Canadians volunteered during WW1. An additional 120,000 were conscripted from 1917 on of which only 47,000 actually went overseas. Of course conscription might not have been necessary if the friggin' French weren't such whiny shits.



Christ dude, do you ever get anything right? Your attempt to re-write history is pathetic.


Cherry's message wasn't wrong. He probably could have phrased it a bit better but it wasn't some racist rant either as you panty wastes seem to think it is.
 
Jinentonix
#221
But ya know what's really interesting? A group of sub-moronic whiners got Cherry fired and yet just a month ago, the same perpetually outraged PC brigade re-elected a sexist dipshit for PM with a history of cultural appropriation and wearing Black-face.