Gun Control is Completely Useless.


DaSleeper
+2
#16981
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

You are posting a link and running away. You are scared to make a specific point because you know that you will look like a fool,again.


He doesn't read his own links
Order in council are to be used in emergencies , to be discussed and ratified by parliament at a later date!


Not to bypass parliament!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#16982
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Just trying to post a fake book photo on my iPad.
C & P. Doesn’t seem to work,

Ask Cliffy for help
 
Hoid
#16983
Speaking of democracy: cities are also elected by democratic process...aren't they?

Blair vows handgun crackdown – giving cities power to ban weapons
Blair said the Liberal government will be introducing a law that gives municipalities the power to ban handguns in their jurisdictions.

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...o-ban-weapons/

After banning 1,500 different types of firearms that Canadians own just weeks ago, Public Safety Minister is now turning is attention to banning handguns.

In an interview with the Star, Blair said the Liberal government will be introducing a law that gives municipalities the power to ban handguns in their jurisdictions.


Blair said new rules will allow municipalities to rule that handguns cannot be legally stored in their jurisdictions, which would get around provinces who oppose a handgun ban.

“My first goal is to work collaboratively with the provinces and territories …but we also recognize that the third order of government, municipalities, have a very significant role to play in this,” Blair told the Star.

“I understand in some parts of the country they may decide not to do anything. But that is unfair to a municipality that really feels strongly that (they) need to do more. And so we will work with them to find ways in which we can support them to do more.


“We are going to impose very strong restrictions on the possession, the storage and the use of handguns everywhere in Canada – but we recognize there are some jurisdictions with greater vulnerabilities, and we want to empower those jurisdictions to impose additional restrictions.

“For example, they may say they don’t want a firearm to be stored within their boundaries. They may say that (handguns) can only be stored at a range. They may say where ranges can be located in their municipality. And they can impose additional restrictions than the regime we impose that will respond to specific vulnerabilities in their community.”
Last edited by Hoid; May 27th, 2020 at 10:19 AM..
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#16984
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Canadian parliamnetary democracy - the Order in Council:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_in_Council

Please take a moment to learn the first thing about your own form of government


This guy says in correctly, and this was before Trudeau Senior proved him right by using OiC to bypass Parliament regularly..............in peacetime. If you give gov't an opportunity to screw democracy, the state will always use it to the utmost extent, far surpassing the originally intended purpose.


"The trend in consequence of two wars in one generation has been the direction of by-passing Parliament by passing orders-in-council which interfere with individual rights...which too often deny the right of appeal to the court." "There should be a standing committee of the House of Commons whose responsibility it would be to vigilantly examine and report on all orders-in-council that would diminish the freedom of the individual."
"Without an Opposition, decision by discussion would end and would be supplanted by virtual dictatorship, for governments prefer to rule by order-in-council to Parliament, and bureaucrats prefer to be uncontrolled by Parliament or the courts."



(From an October 27, 1949 speech given by Mr. John Diefenbaker) emphasis in original



This great man also gave us the 1960 Bill of Rights, which is much, much superior to the Charter that ended up in our Constitution.
 
Hoid
#16985
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

This guy says in correctly, and this was before Trudeau Senior proved him right by using OiC to bypass Parliament regularly..............in peacetime. If you give gov't an opportunity to screw democracy, the state will always use it to the utmost extent, far surpassing the originally intended purpose.


"The trend in consequence of two wars in one generation has been the direction of by-passing Parliament by passing orders-in-council which interfere with individual rights...which too often deny the right of appeal to the court." "There should be a standing committee of the House of Commons whose responsibility it would be to vigilantly examine and report on all orders-in-council that would diminish the freedom of the individual."
"Without an Opposition, decision by discussion would end and would be supplanted by virtual dictatorship, for governments prefer to rule by order-in-council to Parliament, and bureaucrats prefer to be uncontrolled by Parliament or the courts."



(From an October 27, 1949 speech given by Mr. John Diefenbaker) emphasis in original



This great man also gave us the 1960 Bill of Rights, which is much, much superior to the Charter that ended up in our Constitution.

The Canadian democratic system works a certain way for good reason.

I would encourage you to learn about it.
 
Hoid
#16986
Right now the big gun control question is how do we enable our cities to enact the gun control they want to enact?

Now, that is going to take some doing. You can't just pass an order in council. That will require a comprehensive rewriting of many laws.

Like most Canadians I am looking forward to seeing it get done.
 
DaSleeper
+3
#16987

  • Why Carry a Gun?

    My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

    I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

    I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

    Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

    Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!
    -----------------------

    A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

    PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

    In 1911, Turkey established gun control:

    · From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:

    · From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    In 1938 Germany established gun control:

    . From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    China established gun control in 1935:

    . From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    Cambodia established gun control in 1956:

    . From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    Guatemala established gun control in 1964:

    · From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    Uganda established gun control in 1970:

    · From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------

    56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.
    -----------------------

    You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

    *Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect ONLY the law-abiding citizens.

    With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

    During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

    Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!
    If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

    The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

    · SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

    · SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

    · IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+2
#16988
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Canadian democratic system works a certain way for good reason.

I would encourage you to learn about it.


LOL!!!


Such trolling.



I know you're an idiot, but trying to make up for your lack cognitive ability by simply being as irritating as possible is not really a solution.


It is childish. Extremely so.


And it simply draws attention to your disability.


So, it is STFU for you, yet again.


I keep trying to give you a chance, comes from my teaching days I guess.......but you keep blowing it with posts like the above, which is simply you trying to be as obnoxious as possible without addressing the subject, because you don't know anything about freedom or democracy, or the democratic process, and you know I do, and you feel inadequate.


Because you are inadequate.


Blocked again (sigh)
 
Colpy
Conservative
+2
#16989
The top three petitions in Canadian history by number of signatures as of 2:00 PM, May 27, 2020



e-2574 Democratic process
  • Firearms
  • Parliamentary democracy

Open for signature
until September 2, 2020, at 9:20 a.m. (EDT) Michelle Rempel Garner 216036

216,036 signatures SO FAR











e-2341 Democratic process
  • Firearms
  • Parliamentary democracy

Presented to the House of Commons
May 6, 2020 Glen Motz 175310

175,310 signatures






e-2576 Democratic process
  • Firearms
  • Parliamentary democracy

Open for signature
until September 2, 2020, at 11:39 a.m. (EDT) Todd Doherty 51469

51,469 signatures
Last edited by Colpy; May 27th, 2020 at 12:09 PM..
 
JamesBondo
+3
#16990
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Canadian democratic system works a certain way for good reason.

I would encourage you to learn about it.


Another scaredy cat statement. I would encourage you to grow some balls and be more specific and be on topic.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16991
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

"The trend in consequence of two wars in one generation has been the direction of by-passing Parliament by passing orders-in-council which interfere with individual rights...which too often deny the right of appeal to the court."

Wait. . . what? OICs can't be challenged in court?

Are you serious?
 
gerryh
+3
#16992
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Speaking of democracy: cities are also elected by democratic process...aren't they?
Blair vows handgun crackdown – giving cities power to ban weapons
Blair said the Liberal government will be introducing a law that gives municipalities the power to ban handguns in their jurisdictions.
https://www.westernstandardonline.co...o-ban-weapons/
After banning 1,500 different types of firearms that Canadians own just weeks ago, Public Safety Minister is now turning is attention to banning handguns.
In an interview with the Star, Blair said the Liberal government will be introducing a law that gives municipalities the power to ban handguns in their jurisdictions.
Blair said new rules will allow municipalities to rule that handguns cannot be legally stored in their jurisdictions, which would get around provinces who oppose a handgun ban.
“My first goal is to work collaboratively with the provinces and territories …but we also recognize that the third order of government, municipalities, have a very significant role to play in this,” Blair told the Star.
“I understand in some parts of the country they may decide not to do anything. But that is unfair to a municipality that really feels strongly that (they) need to do more. And so we will work with them to find ways in which we can support them to do more.
“We are going to impose very strong restrictions on the possession, the storage and the use of handguns everywhere in Canada – but we recognize there are some jurisdictions with greater vulnerabilities, and we want to empower those jurisdictions to impose additional restrictions.
“For example, they may say they don’t want a firearm to be stored within their boundaries. They may say that (handguns) can only be stored at a range. They may say where ranges can be located in their municipality. And they can impose additional restrictions than the regime we impose that will respond to specific vulnerabilities in their community.”


The problem the liberals will have with that. Is that the municipalities and city's get their power through the province, not from the feds. The Provincial governments would have to cede some of their power to the feds to allow individual citys and ,municipality's to pass their own gun control laws. That ain't gonna happen.
 
gerryh
+1
#16993
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Wait. . . what? OICs can't be challenged in court?
Are you serious?


No, they can be challenged in court.

https://ipolitics.ca/2015/09/22/harp...er-secret-oic/
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#16994
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Wait. . . what? OICs can't be challenged in court?

Are you serious?


1949.


We did not have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms until 1982...........so when this quote was spoken, there were only limited grounds on which to challenge gov't action of this type, embedded as it is in old law and precedent.


That's how I see it, anyway.
 
Hoid
#16995
There was no need to go that far back in history for something on orders in council was there?

21,000 OIC's between 2004 and 2014?

Harper did them in secret ffs.


Two dozen secret cabinet decisions hidden from Parliament, Canadians

https://ipolitics.ca/2015/09/02/two-...ent-canadians/
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#16996
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

1949.
We did not have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms until 1982...........so when this quote was spoken, there were only limited grounds on which to challenge gov't action of this type, embedded as it is in old law and precedent.
That's how I see it, anyway.

OK, good. Thank you.

I see your OIC's as roughly analogous to our Executive Orders: they "fill in the gaps" in legislation, specify methods of implementation, or address issues the executive (in your case the government, in ours the president) thinks need to be addressed but have not been legislated yet. Our EOs are just as fully reviewable as Congressional Acts.

A useful analysis is found in the Youngstown Steel case, where the Supreme Court held that (not an exact quote) "executive power is at its greatest when it agrees with Congressional action, less so when Congress has not legislated on the subject, and at its weakest when it goes against the will of Congress."
 
JamesBondo
#16997
OIC was used to issue canadian passports the the americans escaping Iran in the 80s. It has value.
 
Hoid
#16998
Since this vitally important thread got started there have been 15,000 or more OIC's in Canada.

Not a word was ever said about them.

But Trudeau uses one to implement a gun control rule?

End of democracy. Dictatorship. Communist nazi.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#16999
Sask. recruiting its own top firearms officer as it opposes federal ban on 'assault-style' guns

Quote:

Saskatchewan is stepping up its opposition to the federal government's recently-announced firearms ban by confirming it is actively searching for someone to become the province's own chief firearms officer (CFO).
Premier Scott Moe already announced that Saskatchewan was pursuing a provincially-appointed CFO at a convention in March. The position is currently filled by Ottawa.
In a news release Wednesday, the Ministry of Corrections and Policing said the search for a made-in-Saskatchewan CFO has now begun.
"While this position does not have the ability to change federal laws or regulations, a provincially-appointed chief firearms officer would best be able to articulate Saskatchewan's concerns to the federal government," Minister of Corrections and Policing Christine Tell said in a release.
The recruitment announcement follows on the heels of Ottawa's ban, effectively immediately, on about 1,500 types of "assault-style" firearms. The ban came less than two weeks after the Nova Scotia gun massacre, an incident Trudeau called "the deadliest rampage in our country's history."

The Saskatchewan government has openly opposed the ban on "previously legal firearms," saying it's unfair to "law-abiding" gun owners. The province added it was not consulted on the ban and that it would rather criminals be targeted in the effort to stem gun violence.
"Saskatchewan's opposition to changes made to federal firearms legislation will continue," Tell's ministry said in an emailed statement Tuesday that went on to mention the move toward the new provincial CFO.
The province is working with the federal government to ensure a seamless transition for the role, the ministry said in its Wednesday release.

 
JamesBondo
+1
#17000
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Since this vitally important thread got started there have been 15,000 or more OIC's in Canada.

Not a word was ever said about them.

But Trudeau uses one to implement a gun control rule?

End of democracy. Dictatorship. Communist nazi.


Again, why should I believe anything you say?
 
taxme
#17001
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

https://www.facebook.com/CandiceBerg...75733693827818
A good look at how the Liberals (with help from their even more lefty buddies) are shutting down democracy in Canada, with the pandemic as an excuse.


This is why it is very important to fight this China virus hoax once and for all and the constant propaganda that is going along with it being spoon fed to us constantly every day. I am sick and tired of hearing that we are all going thru "tough times" but we must all "stand together" to fight this China virus because things will get better.

No they will never get better until we get rid of social distancing and we all can once again get together in big gatherings as we once were "allowed" to do. Unemployment is high, society is breaking down, and our kids are suffering from this bull shit virus. Democracy is pretty much dead in Canada now because we have allowed our dear comrade leaders to lie to us about this China fake virus. They must all be recalled. Oh sorry, I forgot, this is Canada where those lucky bastards cannot be recalled.

If you truly do want to see real democracy in Canada then we must demand from our comrade dyktators that we demand Citizen Initiated Referendums and the right to recall just like they have in Switzerland.

I once asked a conservative politician that we should have those I mentioned above and what I was told by him that it would not go well with our parliamentary system and the way things are done in Canada. In other words, phuk you tax slave. If there is one thing I have learned about our dear comrade leaders is that our deep state politicians prefer that they rule and control over we the people, and not the other way around. But in order to see CIR & RTR we need patriots and nationalists to get together and fight for demand this from our boss leaders. Works for me.
 
spilledthebeer
#17002
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

This is why it is very important to fight this China virus hoax once and for all and the constant propaganda that is going along with it being spoon fed to us constantly every day. I am sick and tired of hearing that we are all going thru "tough times" but we must all "stand together" to fight this China virus because things will get better.

No they will never get better until we get rid of social distancing and we all can once again get together in big gatherings as we once were "allowed" to do. Unemployment is high, society is breaking down, and our kids are suffering from this bull shit virus. Democracy is pretty much dead in Canada now because we have allowed our dear comrade leaders to lie to us about this China fake virus. They must all be recalled. Oh sorry, I forgot, this is Canada where those lucky bastards cannot be recalled.

If you truly do want to see real democracy in Canada then we must demand from our comrade dyktators that we demand Citizen Initiated Referendums and the right to recall just like they have in Switzerland.

I once asked a conservative politician that we should have those I mentioned above and what I was told by him that it would not go well with our parliamentary system and the way things are done in Canada. In other words, phuk you tax slave. If there is one thing I have learned about our dear comrade leaders is that our deep state politicians prefer that they rule and control over we the people, and not the other way around. But in order to see CIR & RTR we need patriots and nationalists to get together and fight for demand this from our boss leaders. Works for me.






HOW SAD! The imbecile Taxme is TAXING OUR PATIENCE with his illogical CRAP!



If we are to have endless referendums ON EVERYTHING - it will PARALYZE the govt!


Democratic govt gets elected on a package of policies and programs and is expected to adhere more or less to that package!



NO DECISION will ever be made - NO MATTER HOW PRESSING THE ISSUE - if EVERY SINGLE STATEMENT or point



of govt order requires yet another referendum!



Consider the matter of oil Pipelines and Wet`suwet`in natives!



LIE-berals have ENDLESSLY STALLED as they "consult" with natives!


LIE-beals have STALLED ENDLESSLY as they DISCUSS whether or not natives have been "properly and fully consulted with"!


Which means that LIE-berals seek out natives that AGREE with them and SNUB other natives who disagree!


The result is TOTAL PARALYSIS on any issue that LIE-berals wish to IGNORE!


LIE-berals grandly announced earlier this year that they had reached an agreement with Wet`suwet`en hereditary chiefs!


And of course the MAJORITY of Wet`suwet`en natives are ENRAGED that a LOUDMOUTH MINORITY has been allowed to



DOMINATE the so called LIE-beral consultations!


There is a FINE LINE between prudent consideration and IRRESPONSIBLE AND DELIBERATE STALLING!


And Our idiot Boy Justin and his loser LIE-berals want to RESERVE TO THEMSELVES THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE



WHERE AND WHEN AND EVEN IF they will act in any necessary situation!


For a LIE-beral - the TRUE proof of democracy is when they GET THEIR OWN WAY IN ALL THINGS!



Our idiot Boy has told us that SOME OF THE FISCAL PROGRAMS put in place as a result of the Wuhan Pestilence


MUST EVENTUALLY BE ENDED!


By which HE MEANS that other parts of his WILD SPENDING PROGRAMS WILL CONTINUE - at full cost!


AS the LIE-beral party does its SHAMELESS BEST to BUY VOTES and to cling to power at ANY PRICE!


BEWARE the HYPOCRITE who wants to "IMPROVE" our tried and true democracy by imposing idiot ideas

whose only virtue is they will enable LIE-berals to cling to power at any price - by the simple expedient of



PARALYZING those parts of OUR PARLIAMENT they dont like - with endless stupid questions!


While racing ahead with GROSSLY SELF SERVING AND DAMAGING policies designs ONLY to BUY VOTES FOR LIE-berals!
 
spilledthebeer
+3
#17003
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Bang on, on all counts!




I SECOND THAT MOTION!



Stephen Harper is the most LIED ABOUT politician in Cdn history!


AND he is the most under rated PM ever!
 
spilledthebeer
#17004
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

He doesn't read his own links
Order in council are to be used in emergencies , to be discussed and ratified by parliament at a later date!


Not to bypass parliament!




LIE-berals HAVE NO RESPECT for Parliament!


Our idiot Boy Justin has PROVEN himself as an aspiring Soviet Socialist Dictator!


Our idiot Boy is working hard to NEUTER our Parliament!


Want ot BET that if he gets his way - those "orders in council" WILL BE IMPOSED WITHOUT


a proper vote in Parliaement!


Because that IS how dictators work!
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#17005
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Again, why should I believe anything you say?


You shouldn't!
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#17006
 
DaSleeper
+2
#17007
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post


You just posted a Hoid wet dream!
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#17008
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

If it saves just one plate .
 
NZDoug
Free Thinker
#17009
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Isn't that when you plug one nostril and let it rip?
Postponing this will definitely stop the spread of COVID-19.
 
JamesBondo
+2
#17010
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

If they are offering 2 year amnesty for AR-15 owners, I really would like to see the government recieve a blast of shit if RCMP were to raid a womens skeet shoot event.