Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Hoid
Actually "assault weapon/rifle" is a term that is already defined in every state/province/jurisdiction. That debate has been ongoing such that a consensus is not hard to reach.

Decapoda
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Actually "assault weapon/rifle" is a term that is already defined in every state/province/jurisdiction. That debate has been ongoing such that a consensus is not hard to reach.

Sorry...wrong. Canada has three classifications of firearms: prohibited, restricted and non-restricted. There is no "assault weapon/rifle" category, nor is there a definition of what that classification might represent.

How can something be banned, if it can't even be defined?

petros
+1
You can't defend yourself with an assualt rifle because it is not intended for defense. lol

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You can't defend yourself with an assualt rifle because it is not intended for defense. lol

First post from somebody with a single digit IQ I've seen today, Walnut is not going to be pleased with you trying to take his title.

petros
And they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and Jews and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and Rothchilds and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went Corporations and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went.

MHz
To where you have already gone as I don't think you can even claim to be in the same building anymore. Slither away now like the 'badass troll' you truly are.

petros
And they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went. and they

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...ears-1.4801700

Liberals looking at "full ban" on handguns and assault weapons.

I would never own either one - so good.

Put me down as "for"

Since you are not old enough to vote your opinion doesn't count.

This is what is so wrong with gun registries. THe government knows exactly where most of the legal guns owned by law abiding taxpayers are so it is easy to go steal them like they did with restricted/ prohibited rifles. I'm betting they will not stop known or suspected criminals on the street to see if they might have an illegal weapon. That would violate their rights. SOmething everyone except law abiding citizens seem to have.

DaSleeper

Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Sorry...wrong. Canada has three classifications of firearms: prohibited, restricted and non-restricted. There is no "assault weapon/rifle" category, nor is there a definition of what that classification might represent.

How can something be banned, if it can't even be defined?

And you can't fix "Stupid" like the one who posted above you!

Hoid
The law has zero impact on someone who wants to hunt.

I fail to see the downside.

petros
+2
Do you hunt?

Decapoda
+3

The law has zero impact on someone who wants to hunt.

I fail to see the downside.

You don't even know what the firearm classifications in Canada are, who the f**k are you to even have an opinion on this?

Go educate yourself on the topic junior, then maybe get back to us.

Hoid
What's to know?

They want to look at total bans on handguns and assault weapons.

It should be a simple matter to define the terms.

petros
+2
What is an assault rifle?

darkbeaver
Republican
I have avoided this issue so far, here at CCC, my place is loaded with guns, some of them work, some of them have amunition. We are trying to buy Russian Assault Packages, in an attempt to upgrade our gardening. So far the disingagement agreement with the Coons holds, never underestimate these four foted nature freaks. I have seen them tearing done a beautiful innocent corn plabnet and litwerally raping it. Is it any wonder they are masked.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

It is a hunting rifle. Ofcourse it is for killing food only.

You go ahead and buy one or use one for any other purpose then let us know how that works out for you.

Really? I guess you will have to tell that to the thousands who have been shot by hunting rifles in moments of stupidity, insanity, or anger. Of course, you can't tell that to those who are dead.

darkbeaver
Republican

What is an assault rifle?

A rifle used in an assault

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Really? I guess you will have to tell that to the thousands who have been shot by hunting rifles in moments of stupidity, insanity, or anger. Of course, you can't tell that to those who are dead.

THOUSANDS,QUESTIAN MARK, the keyboard been beered.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I have avoided this issue so far, here at CCC, my place is loaded with guns, some of them work, some of them have amunition. We are trying to buy Russian Assault Packages, in an attempt to upgrade our gardening. So far the disingagement agreement with the Coons holds, never underestimate these four foted nature freaks. I have seen them tearing done a beautiful innocent corn plabnet and litwerally raping it. Is it any wonder they are masked.

Live traps using marshmallows for bait, they can't resist them

Hoid
An assault rifle would be defined as something that is on the list of assault rifles.

Not quite sure why this is even a sticking point, but then again I am not grasping at straws.
Last edited by Hoid; Aug 28th, 2018 at 08:50 PM..

MHz

Do you hunt?

Yeah, do I ever miss, no.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

An assault rifle would be defined as something that is on the list of assault rifles.

Not quite sure why this is even a sticking point, but then again I am not grasping at straws.

OK, first I'm going to qualify what I'm about to say by stating that I don't own a gun, have never owned a gun, and have no intention of ever owning a gun. I don't need one and I've no desire to own one. Someday that may change but that's where I'm at....

Going forward though, "An assault rifle would be defined as something that is on the list of assault rifles?" Really? Who makes the list and what is their agenda? That's a scary statement. Depending on who makes the list and what their agenda is, anything can be put on that list and it automatically becomes an assault rifle by your definition. What are you willing to give up once it's declared an assault rifle?

Hoid
What is a "sports car"?

Just as hard to define as an assault weapon. And yet somehow the insurance industry manages to make up a list of them to charge people extra for driving.

MHz
How about an extra penalty if an innocent is taken out. Falls under a slow moving tank tread on the way to the Station. Then the trial will be about if the dead one deserved it or not.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

What is a "sports car"?

Just as hard to define as an assault weapon. And yet somehow the insurance industry manages to make up a list of them to charge people extra for driving.

What is a Sports Car? Does it mean the Insurance Industry is correct?

I'm a Grandfather. I drive what looks like a shitty 26yr old Dodge Dakota (with a 318cu.in. & a 727 with a shift kit so that if you put your foot into it in 1st it'll shift into 2nd at 5000rpm and and wheel spin, and into 3rd at 4800rpm like you where fired out of a cannon, with unbaffled bottles on old-school cool duel exhaust, etc...& strictly a rear wheel drive with no extra drivetrain to weigh it down) that the "Too Fast - Mildly Furious" crowd giggles at until we (my Girlfriend & I) just stuff them off the line while their turbo is still spooling up. I haul dirt & rocks with it and it's my daily commuter. The guy who owned it before me put in the shift kit and he hauled horses and a small 5th wheel RV with it. It's missing paint and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with the word "sport" I'm assuming. I pay $52/month for my plates and insurance.

I've no idea how to define the term "sports car" & there's lots on the road that are eye candy compared to our little truck, but it's scary enough for us. I'm good with my $52/month.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Aug 28th, 2018 at 09:39 PM..Reason: spacing

JamesBondo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

aren't you the same person that was desparate to label knife murders as 'occasional misuse', yet knife related murders out number firearms murders in Canada.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

What is a "sports car"?

Corvette.....where have you been?

JamesBondo
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

OK, first I'm going to qualify what I'm about to say by stating that I don't own a gun, have never owned a gun, and have no intention of ever owning a gun. I don't need one and I've no desire to own one. Someday that may change but that's where I'm at....

Going forward though, "An assault rifle would be defined as something that is on the list of assault rifles?" Really? Who makes the list and what is their agenda? That's a scary statement. Depending on who makes the list and what their agenda is, anything can be put on that list and it automatically becomes an assault rifle by your definition. What are you willing to give up once it's declared an assault rifle?

clearly, the 30-30 winchester lever action rifles were the original assault rifles. but they will get a pass these days

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

clearly, the 30-30 winchester lever action rifles were the original assault rifles. but they will get a pass these days

.....and small light weight vehicles with oversized motors stuffed into them might have be the beginning of the Hotrods, but nobody is going to confuse this with a sports car (whatever that is).

...and on that note, if someone wants assault weapons banned, they need to define them. What is an assault weapon?

aren't you the same person that was desparate to label knife murders as 'occasional misuse', yet knife related murders out number firearms murders in Canada.

???

Hoid
Definition of assault rifle in English: Oxford Dictioanary

assault rifle
NOUN
A lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically.

According to the NRA

Assault Rifle
By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect.

https://www.nraila.org/for-the-press/glossary/

Beretta AR70/90 Assault Rifle | Military-Today.com

Military Today reviews the AR70/90 Assault Rifle

It doesn't seem to be a big problem. The term Assault Rifle can be defined however you decide to define it.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

Definition of assault rifle in English: Oxford Dictioanary

assault rifle
NOUN
A lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically.

According to the NRA

Assault Rifle
By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect.

https://www.nraila.org/for-the-press/glossary/

OK, so with the first definition, the weapon has to be a 'selective fire' weapon to qualify. That rules out much of what is labeled assault rifles right now. The second definition also qualifies using the term 'selective fire' regardless of its appearance. That doesn't seem to be what is being labeled as assault weapons as I read through these debates.