NHL Gives Seattle a Hockey Team

EagleSmack
NHL Gives Seattle A Hockey Team, Killing The Dreams Of Quebec Nordiques Fans

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/12...hp_ref=ca-news

How long are we Americans going to have to continue subsidizing this sport for Canadians!?!?

Cannuck
Hehehe...

Jinentonix
Gary Bettman's job is to grow the NHL brand. You don't grow a brand buy selling it wherever everybody already knows about it.
Look at Austin Matthews for example. 20 years ago there wasn't a single NHL fan who even remotely thought we'd see a rising hockey star come out of f*cking Arizona.
And to be honest, if I were the NHL I'd stay the hell away from Quebec City too. The language politics in Montreal is bad enough. It's f*cking ridiculous in Quebec City. Probably why Lindros refused to play there when he was drafted by them.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

....stay the hell away from Quebec City too. The language politics in Montreal is bad enough. It's f*cking ridiculous in Quebec City. Probably why Lindros refused to play there when he was drafted by them.

You're right about the bullshit politics but as to Lindros he was born with his head up his ass.

Cannuck
Seattle got a team because they wanted a balanced league. Kweebeck will get the Panthers eventually

spaminator

spaminator
I look forward to north America getting more nhl teams in the future.