Canada Failing to Put Climate Change Plans in Action

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Maybe the problem here is too much Sunny Ways and that is causing global warming.

JT needs to retract his Sunny Ways, if not for Canada's reputation at least for the children (oh, and his nannies too - they need the job)

Another thing Justin and the Lib Govt. he needs to do is to take back Canada's emissions back into their own ledger and not just assume that other nations will bail out Canada.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

maybe IPCC and East Anglia U will "adjust" the numbers to make trudOWE Look better.

They're very good at adjusting raw data for political reasons... but what about science?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
With this "climate change" phenomenon it first has to be figured out if this "climate change" is any different from the ongoing climate change than has been happening throughout history and how and why! In the meantime maybe the best things we can do is just reduce pollution and waste and the rest will "balance itself".

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

With this "climate change" phenomenon it first has to be figured out if this "climate change" is any different from the ongoing climate change than has been happening throughout history and how and why! In the meantime maybe the best things we can do is just reduce pollution and waste and the rest will "balance itself".

But there is no doom and gloom in that scenario ,nothing to use for extraction of tax payer wealth .

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But there is no doom and gloom in that scenario ,nothing to use for extraction of tax payer wealth .

And that is what it has always been about.

You can feel the helpless rage of inaction.

*snicker*

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

And that is what it has always been about.

You can feel the helpless rage of inaction.

*snicker*

Helpless rage of inaction AND I will be shoveling more global warming from my drive way over the next 5 days.

... Talk about rage

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yep, I have to admit it falls short as far as creating an exciting down side is concerned, but at least it may be a means of improving the planet at minimal expense! I realize it's not sexy!

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
I see that your stalker is on you again.

petros
+2
And he bitched about Avro to Andem.

What a useless piece of shit.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
Yep.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Again! You won't see a hell of a lot of my posts that don't have a "red" placed next to them, but that's just fine with me, as they enhance my credibility.

Oh, he's thrown a "curve ball" now!

pgs
Free Thinker

Yep, I have to admit it falls short as far as creating an exciting down side is concerned, but at least it may be a means of improving the planet at minimal expense! I realize it's not sexy!

I am not against clean air and water , being a photographer of wild places and wildlife I am all for conservation and wildlife corridors . I am not for needlessly giving government more of my and your hard earned dollars so that their general revenue fund appears balanced .

Mowich
Conservative
+2

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Climate Barbie strikes again

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

How many hard things has she handled?

darkbeaver
Republican
http://Ice Age Farmer Published on M...month by USDA.

An interesting list of crop losses.

* Also, less well-known (and then still unknown!) effects of GCR: following lead from AscendingStarSeed, found papers mentioning SEEDS' germination and growth are affected: http://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f142... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...

EagleSmack
+1
Canada disappoints on climate action

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...on-goals/98307

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
I for one am super disappointed with the lack luster performance and quality of the global warming that is a factual reality.

... April and still cold temps and more snow

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

I for one am super disappointed with the lack luster performance and quality of the global warming that is a factual reality.

... April and still cold temps and more snow

We are winning the war against global warming it would appear . Cold springs are here again . Let the fun and happy times begin . But so much for my plans on a 36 hole golf and tennis resort on Baffin Island .

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
On the upside, you probably can get whatever tee-time you want with this weather

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

On the upside, you probably can get whatever tee-time you want with this weather

Sadly it won’t be Sunday at Augusta ..

EagleSmack
Canada to miss 2020 climate target

http://phys.org/news/2018-03-canada-climate.html

Failing all over the place!

petros
+2
Falling with record cold. These extra cold winters aren't helping.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Falling with record cold. These extra cold winters aren't helping.

That's an easy fix... the temps will be adjusted to fit the ideology. They've already adjusted them here in the US.

petros
Because climate change...

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/02/...er_a_23371261/

Canada Spring Weather Is Coming Late This Year,

Again.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Because climate change...

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/02/...er_a_23371261/

Canada Spring Weather Is Coming Late This Year,

Again.

Do you ever get to wondering if all this nattering about climate change is bull shit?

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Kelly McParland: The same old Liberal arrogance sure is coming back in a hurry

Governments grow understandably tired of critics who spend their days finding new things to complain about, but the Trudeau Liberals are unusually forthright in displaying their contempt for anyone who holds views they reject.

Finance Minister Bill Morneau did little to make life easier for himself when he heaped derision on anyone who dared question his attempted changes to the small business tax last summer. If he’d done a bit more listening and a lot less attacking he might have lessened the embarrassment that came when he eventually had to capitulate.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau evidently learned nothing from concerns — including from within his own caucus — raised when he made clear that anyone who differs from his beliefs on abortion is not welcome to run for the Liberal party or to vote their conscience in the House of Commons. His government took its refusal to countenance dissent a step further by linking a summer jobs program to abortion beliefs, blocking students from summer job grants if the institution doing the hiring dares to hold pro-life opinions.

Environment Minister Catherine McKenna is the latest to display this sense of righteousness in telling CTV’s Evan Solomon she can’t be bothered with people who don’t fully support her approach to climate change.

“I have no time for folks who are, like, you know, ‘we shouldn’t take action,’” she said during a spirited exchange.

“What do you mean you have no time?” Solomon countered. “You’ve gotta have time. Your job is to have time for folks who care about this issue and want to understand.”

Backpedalling, McKenna tried another approach: “No, I don’t have time for politicians who play cynical games about climate change … I don’t have time for politicians who pretend that climate change isn’t real.”

It was an excellent example of the Liberals’ faith in their moral infallibility, and the misleading politics they’re willing to engage in to defend that position. McKenna’s second kick at the can — claiming her beef is with fellow politicians who think climate change is a hoax — would be a fair point if there were a horde of Canadian leaders who hold that view. Unfortunately, while there may still be one or two holdouts, most of the discussion about climate change is over the measures deployed by governments like Trudeau’s, and whether they are likely to produce real improvement, or are mainly a cynical political ploy to raise cash on the back of public guilt.

More: Kelly McParland: The same old Liberal arrogance sure is coming back in a hurry | National Post

petros

Do you ever get to wondering if all this nattering about climate change is bull shit?

Nah, never crossed my mind.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

That's an easy fix... the temps will be adjusted to fit the ideology. They've already adjusted them here in the US.

I suppose that the adjustment will include the snow we've been getting as falling leaves and butterflies?

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Climate Barbie!

... No one else on the planet has a climate Barbie, therefore Canada is saving Gaia

EagleSmack
+1

I suppose that the adjustment will include the snow we've been getting as falling leaves and butterflies?

Climate Barbie!

... No one else on the planet has a climate Barbie, therefore Canada is saving Gaia

Barbie simply has no time for anyone to disagree with her!