American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote:

By the way, there was bipartisan support in the senate for the war to continue in Syria, AGAINST TRUMPS WISHES, because that's what ISRAEL wants. So get your aim on bub - you always seem to be missing the real point.

Israelis Aren't Happy With Trump's Syria Withdrawal - The Atlantic
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...drawal/579103/

I see hoidie has comprehension issues when it comes to actual facts.

Must have fallen off a cliff or something.

Looks like you may have landed on your butt, eh?

Hoid
+1
is there anyone who will talk to you?

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

is there anyone who will talk to you?

Has he ever visited the Babbling Brook Sanitarium for the Insane?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Shooting at Illinois business

https://www.cnn.com/webview/us/live-...ois/index.html

just another day in the gun loving MAGA???

Hoid
+1
350 mass shootings since Parkland?

America trapped in a hell of its own making,

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2

350 mass shootings since Parkland?

America trapped in a hell of its own making,

Indeed. and not motivated to deal with it in an adult and responsible way.

On the sort of plus side.....the generation that is still in high school...... is working in the background and apparently doing some good / effective work. They are not afraid of the NRA.They are operating from a nonpolitical position. Saw one of the leaders interviewed.......and he came across very well. Articulate, intelligent and having a good grasp of the facts.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Trump declares an "emergency" over the wal l HE wants........ and does not evenaddress the most recent shooting that took place today. (a true national emergency"......... and thentook off for a holiday. EMERGENCY??

No wonder the shootings continue .......as if they are the norm in America.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Trump declares an "emergency" over the wal l HE wants........ and does not evenaddress the most recent shooting that took place today. (a true national emergency"......... and thentook off for a holiday. EMERGENCY??
No wonder the shootings continue .......as if they are the norm in America.

Shootings create more job vacancies. They're good for the economy!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Shootings create more job vacancies. They're good for the economy!

How's that special forces training for all of your kindergarten teachers going?

Hoid
gun violence is just one more actual problem that is set aside in favor of the phony wall.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The writing onthe wall??

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Coast Guard lieutenant amassed weapons and planned a mass terrorist attack targeting politicians and journalists, court records say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ational&wpmk=1

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

BREAKING NEWS February 20, 2019

WORLD February 20, 2019 5:37 pm February 20, 2019 5:37 pm

U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant allegedly plotted white supremacist terrorist attack

https://globalnews.ca/news/4980961/c..._campaign=2019

Perhaps we should examine some stats about how many immigrants , Mexicans, etc have committed ultra violent acts or terrorism........compared to AMERICANS... Trump[s BS is just that BS.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Coast Guard lieutenant amassed weapons and planned a mass terrorist attack targeting politicians and journalists, court records say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ational&wpmk=1

A Coast Guardsman sure as hell can't use PTSD as an excuse.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He can if he's afraid of water.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Judge: Plea Deal in Jeffrey Epstein Sex Trafficking Case Was Illegal

Martin Brodel
Published on Feb 21, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlqCnlAFMAA

Who cares about a fake "white nationalists" while real DEMOCRATIC PEDOPHILE wieners are running around loose?

A U.S. District judge on Thursday ruled that federal prosecutors illegally signed a plea agreement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and hid it from his more than two dozen underage victims.
“Epstein used paid employees to find and bring minor girls to him.,’’ wrote U.S. District Judge Kenneth A. Marra of Palm Beach County. “Epstein worked in concert with others to obtain minors not only for his own sexual gratification, but also for the sexual gratification of others.’’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tein-sex-case/

Yeah pizza freaks and their demoncratic, trumphating servers...eh, Yorgie?

This whole Hasson thing smells like another fake FBI created terrorist designed just to cover up for YOUR fakenews, fakehate, pal, CNN supported Smollett.

DON LEMON: IT’S NOT JUSSIE SMOLLETT’S “FAULT” THAT HE LOST IN THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION
CNN host runs defense for actor arrested for staging his own hate crime
https://www.infowars.com/don-lemon-i...ublic-opinion/
Last edited by Danbones; Feb 21st, 2019 at 06:12 PM..

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

A lot of people were troubled with ptsd after the Swiss Air search.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

A lot of people were troubled with ptsd after the Swiss Air search.

... a lot of Canadian Navy Regs, Reservists and especially clearance divers, who had to swim through bits of people and pick up the bits.

The Coastguardsman of this story is a white supremist down in Maryland.

Hoid
Then he could not possibly have ever been traumatized.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Then he could not possibly have ever been traumatized.

Make, Dad used to best him up.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

One thing is obvious. The US mental health system is seriously lacking. Mind you the attitude towards mental illness are still rather primitive. (something to be shunned. a sign of weakness. and other such uneducated, and backward ideas ) or an excuse for aberrant behavior , feelings of despondency etc ) Mind you , most cannot or will not recognize symptoms of emotional stress if they are right in front of them. There is a tenancy to "normalise even the most disturbed behavior.........or go into denial.)

Tecumsehsbones

One thing is obvious. The US mental health system is seriously lacking. Mind you the attitude towards mental illness are still rather primitive. (something to be shunned. a sign of weakness. and other such uneducated, and backward ideas ) or an excuse for aberrant behavior , feelings of despondency etc ) Mind you , most cannot or will not recognize symptoms of emotional stress if they are right in front of them. There is a tenancy to "normalise even the most disturbed behavior.........or go into denial.)

Actually, the Veterans Administration is trying desperately to get more mental health workers, using every trick in the book: bonuses, special pay rates, contracting out, everything the law allows.

The real problem is in the active service, where the soldiers are caught in a Catch-22: if you report for mental health problems, you're taken off your normal duties. Looks bad on a service record.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Actually, the Veterans Administration is trying desperately to get more mental health workers, using every trick in the book: bonuses, special pay rates, contracting out, everything the law allows.

The real problem is in the active service, where the soldiers are caught in a Catch-22: if you report for mental health problems, you're taken off your normal duties. Looks bad on a service record.

Looking bad on a service record is a shameful reason not to seek help.......as it is part of that overall attitude . Folks who seeks help should be respected for doing so. Too many don't for the various masons we know of......and things end up in major tragedies. (usually family related or even mass killings) Reality is : if someone cannot / should not be in the military it is better to deal with it before things get worse. Perhaps the screening of applicants should include psych testing too. The military is a very stressful profession........tosay the least. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Tecumsehsbones

Looking bad on a service record is a shameful reason not to seek help...

Sadly, it is also a common reason not to seek help, and not only in the armed forces. Anybody's armed forces.

Quote:

....as it is part of that overall attitude . Folks who seeks help should be respected for doing so. Too many don't for the various masons we know of......and things end up in major tragedies. (usually family related or even mass killings)

I agree completely, but that doesn't change the fact that somebody who reports for mental health issues is necessarily taken off the job. I think it should be treated exactly like if the soldier broke his ankle on duty.

We're getting there. Not quickly enough, but the barriers are dropping.

The military actually works hard to take care of its people. I've had many jobs since I got out, and not a one of them gave a damn less if I was suffering, as long as I showed up for work. The Air Force took care of me.

Quote:

Reality is : if someone cannot / should not be in the military it is better to deal with it before things get worse. Perhaps the screening of applicants should include psych testing too. The military is a very stressful profession........tosay the least. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Screening of applicants does include psych testing, on an ongoing basis. Far more, as I have said, than in any other job I've ever held.

I agree more should be done, and particularly the military needs to work faster to take down the barriers to seeking mental health treatment. But you seem to think the U.S. military is working like a John Wayne tough-guy movie. It isn't.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Sadly, it is also a common reason not to seek help, and not only in the armed forces. Anybody's armed forces.

I agree completely, but that doesn't change the fact that somebody who reports for mental health issues is necessarily taken off the job. I think it should be treated exactly like if the soldier broke his ankle on duty.

We're getting there. Not quickly enough, but the barriers are dropping.

The military actually works hard to take care of its people. I've had many jobs since I got out, and not a one of them gave a damn less if I was suffering, as long as I showed up for work. The Air Force took care of me.

Screening of applicants does include psych testing, on an ongoing basis. Far more, as I have said, than in any other job I've ever held.

I agree more should be done, and particularly the military needs to work faster to take down the barriers to seeking mental health treatment. But you seem to think the U.S. military is working like a John Wayne tough-guy movie. It isn't.

No.... your analogy of the John wayne movie / military comparison..........is not at all what I am thinking. In fact I think that it takes away from the military . the job they sign up for is challenging, demanding, stressful....... and even though structured....... it has its predictable factors. I respect them totally. It tiakes a group of special skills and personality types to handle this specialized field.

I agree about the other jobs that don't seem to have the kind of requirements from their staff (or rewards) that should exist.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Regretably, Canadian Vets are dying, too.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle37237508/