Extreme weather is preventing plants from processing carbon


B00Mer
+1 / -1
#1
EXTREME WEATHER IS PREVENTING PLANTS FROM PROCESSING CARBON



Plants need carbon dioxide (CO2) to survive, and that’s a very good thing for humans — our activity produces almost 40 billion tons of the gas every year, but only about half of that actually reaches the atmosphere. The rest is processed by plants, stored in soil, or absorbed by the oceans.

That could change in the future, though. A new study out of Columbia University suggests that this current rate of CO2 absorption might not last.

“Should the land reach a maximum carbon uptake rate, global warming could accelerate, with important consequences for people and the environment,” said researcher Pierre Gentine.

Extreme Problem

In the new paper, which was published on Wednesday in the journal Nature, the Columbia University researchers detail their efforts to determine how changes to the Earth’s hydrological cycle, such as droughts or floods, impact the continents’ ability to trap CO2 emissions.

Using data from several planetary models, they sought to pinpoint reductions in net biome productivity (NBP) — the amount of carbon a region gains or loses over a specific period of time — due to changes in soil moisture. What they found was startling.

“We saw that the value of NBP, in this instance a net gain of carbon on the land surface, would actually be almost twice as high if it weren’t for these changes (variability and trend) in soil moisture,” researcher Julia Green said in a press release.

In other words, the land was only absorbing about half as much CO2 as it could have been.

In Deep Water

The research could reveal the beginning of a very dangerous cycle. Climate changes is causing more extreme weather events, such as droughts and floods. These events affect the soil in a way that impacts the land’s ability to absorb CO2. If the land absorbs less CO2, climate change will get worse, causing more extreme weather events.

“This is a big deal!” Green said. “If soil moisture continues to reduce NBP at the current rate, and the rate of carbon uptake by the land starts to decrease by the middle of this century — as we found in the models — we could potentially see a large increase in the concentration of atmospheric CO2 and a corresponding rise in the effects of global warming and climate change.”

https://futurism.com/the-byte/co2-pl...cessing-carbon

 
petros
+3
#2
Quote:

“This is a big deal!” Green said. “If soil moisture continues to reduce NBP at the current rate blah blah blah

It's going to stop raining is it?

What's the difference between dirt and soil?

What role do microbes play in the planetary death.

The vast majority of life on Earth is invisible to the nekkid eye and doesn't live on the surface of Earth. It's in the oceans and in the ground.

The amount of CO2 consuming chlorophyll converters in the sea Vs. terrestrial plants
is staggering.

What happens there?

In a greenhouse plants will deplete CO2 inhibiting growth but with a CO2 level of 1500ppm plants will produce 30% more than the current atmospheric levels of 500-300ppm.

When do we surpass 1500ppm?
Last edited by petros; Jan 25th, 2019 at 02:19 PM..
 
Danbones
#3
We are all going to



Dye Dye Dye Dye!



Di!
 
Ron in Regina
+3
#4
I was looking into Ice Ages recently and had time to run through a series on YouTube. I'm attaching one of the parts of the series as it was interesting with a different perspective. If anyone is interested they can easily find the rest of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_yq19Af-s
 
Ron in Regina
+2
#5
Sorry. Above it touches upon Global Warming/Cooling/Changing/Etc...with respect to mans contribution to the Sun Spot Cycle regarding climate warming/cooling/changing/etc...I found it interesting.
 
darkbeaver
+4
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Sorry. Above it touches upon Global Warming/Cooling/Changing/Etc...with respect to mans contribution to the Sun Spot Cycle regarding climate warming/cooling/changing/etc...I found it interesting.


Sorry for what? I,ve been watching that Diehold guy for about a month now. He,s very informative and I agree with everything I,ve seen and heard form him so far. I have very slow load on videos so it takes me three hours to watch one hour. Yes he is very interesting. I havn,t heard him speak of mans contribution so far and in my opinion we have absolutely no impact whatever on solar cycles, that is physically impossible, we are not anywhere near that powerfull, the sun has absolutely nothing to fear from humans.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#7
Heat Waves and Atmospheric High Pressure Systems

Posted on January 25, 2019by Louis Hissink
Seems our present spate of hot weather is due to stubborn high pressure atmospheric systems according to a story published in The Conversation reported by the ABC News .
Using the principles of plasma physics, atmospheric high pressure systems are also enormous volumes of electrical positive charges, or protons. Given the Earth’s surface is negatively charged, the presence of high pressure systems will cause in increase in electron current upwards from the Earth. More amps and higher volts in the jargon.
More amps passing through condensed matter causes that matter to heat up, and hence raises the temperature. High temperature simply means more energy in the earth-system, originally sourced from the Sun, that is now passing from the Earth to the ionosphere and the solar plasma field.
The increased energy or heat has nothing to do with climate change or carbon dioxide. It’s all to do with the solar electrical circuit of which the Earth is an integral part, and when the solar circuit experiences a surge in proton and electron density due to its electrical interaction with the galaxy we are part of, then the Earth experiences a surge in energy that triggers heatwaves, volcanism and earthquakes.
 
darkbeaver
#8
One Response to An Origin of Nothing

melitamegalithic says:
January 27, 2019 at 2:01 am
That is one version of the story. Apparently there are others.
See link: https://www.jta.org/2018/11/21/cultu...n-hebrew-bible
Quote “” — “When God began to create heaven and earth, and the earth then was welter and waste and darkness over the deep and God’s breath hovering over the waters, God said, ‘Let there be light.’ And there was light.”
So begins a monumental new literary translation of the Hebrew Bible by University of California Berkeley scholar Robert Alter. Yes, “welter and waste” — more on that later..””
 
Ron in Regina
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Sorry for what? I,ve been watching that Diehold guy for about a month now. He,s very informative and I agree with everything I,ve seen and heard form him so far. I have very slow load on videos so it takes me three hours to watch one hour. Yes he is very interesting. I havn,t heard him speak of mans contribution so far and in my opinion we have absolutely no impact whatever on solar cycles, that is physically impossible, we are not anywhere near that powerfull, the sun has absolutely nothing to fear from humans.


This is what he says of mans contribution so far. Puts the Carbon Tax in perspective. About 10-12 minutes in, watch for a few minutes.
 
petros
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Heat Waves and Atmospheric High Pressure Systems
Posted on January 25, 2019by Louis Hissink
Seems our present spate of hot weather is due to stubborn high pressure atmospheric systems according to a story published in The Conversation reported by the ABC News .
Using the principles of plasma physics, atmospheric high pressure systems are also enormous volumes of electrical positive charges, or protons. Given the Earth’s surface is negatively charged, the presence of high pressure systems will cause in increase in electron current upwards from the Earth. More amps and higher volts in the jargon.
More amps passing through condensed matter causes that matter to heat up, and hence raises the temperature. High temperature simply means more energy in the earth-system, originally sourced from the Sun, that is now passing from the Earth to the ionosphere and the solar plasma field.
The increased energy or heat has nothing to do with climate change or carbon dioxide. It’s all to do with the solar electrical circuit of which the Earth is an integral part, and when the solar circuit experiences a surge in proton and electron density due to its electrical interaction with the galaxy we are part of, then the Earth experiences a surge in energy that triggers heatwaves, volcanism and earthquakes.

With the sun chucking mass as plasma at Earth it it also causes super heating of the atmosphere. With the North magnetic pole buggering toward Siberia at and the magnetosphere losing 20% of its intensity.

That means the 100,000K solar winds and Billions of tonnes of that superheated matter is penetrating 20% deeper into the atmosphere and at a higher latitudes everyday since 1974. A hefty amount of that mass is drawn to surface.

Airline crews are limited to X number of flights per year to mitigate radiation exposure solar x and and gamma rays.There is zero protection when transversing the donut hole of the toroidal magnetosphere.

How could superheated 100,000K matter possibly play a role in melting the Arctic when C02 and only CO2 can heat the earth?
Last edited by petros; Jan 28th, 2019 at 04:36 AM..
 
darkbeaver
#11
breaking news magnetic north pole splits into two poles

maverickstar reloaded
Published on Jan 15, 2019




watch here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8BsdYPOMY
 
darkbeaver
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

This is what he says of mans contribution so far. Puts the Carbon Tax in perspective. About 10-12 minutes in, watch for a few minutes.




Hi Ron, I just got to this 10-12 minute part after an hour of downloading, really really slow here lately, I must owe them money. Yes the carbon taxation is unlikely to interruprt a solar nova or a magnetic pole shift or the cycles. Mankinds carbon production has begun the regreening of the Sahara desert. Mankind was put on earth to cultivate trees, one way or the other them green things gonna get yer carbon.
 
MHz
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

With the sun chucking mass as plasma at Earth it it also causes super heating of the atmosphere. With the North magnetic pole buggering toward Siberia at and the magnetosphere losing 20% of its intensity.

That means the 100,000K solar winds and Billions of tonnes of that superheated matter is penetrating 20% deeper into the atmosphere and at a higher latitudes everyday since 1974. A hefty amount of that mass is drawn to surface.

Airline crews are limited to X number of flights per year to mitigate radiation exposure solar x and and gamma rays.There is zero protection when transversing the donut hole of the toroidal magnetosphere.

How could superheated 100,000K matter possibly play a role in melting the Arctic when C02 and only CO2 can heat the earth?

Told ya Dex was dead. It's almost like Pete went to the same classes eh?


This the same place you mentioned?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMr-5HHnAmU
Causes of the Ice Age and Nova, the Greatest Secret of the United States


Video series 4, Part 1, covers the most important information for anyone on this planet because I will fully explain what causes the ice ages and why they happen immediately after a geomagnetic reversal (Pole shift, polar reversal). The las time it happened was about 12,000 years age and it is estimated that only about 30 fertile females survived and all of us are related to one of them. To ask Questions send them to: info@dieholdfoundation.com. To make contributions to the Diehold Foundation go to www.dieholdfoundation.com. Diehold Foundation is a 501(c) (3) non-profit public science foundation. I will cover the cause of the Ice Ages at the time of Geomagnetic Reversals. The earth does not flip over on itself. Only the magnetic field reverses. I will explain the mechanism that creates the ice age and ice fields. This information has never been taught before because government felt it was too disruptive to society. Even if you have a degree in geology, astronomy or other related field, you were deliberately never taught this information. You were taught alternate explanations for the phenomena. The research revealed the Greatest Secret the Country has and the CIAs Involvement. You are going to find out what event caused the government to engineer the concealment. I am going to give you the Education you were supposed to have gotten when you went to College. I am going to present this information unblemished and treat all of you like mature adults, but I warn you that this information will scare you and change your life. I present this information because I want some people to survive the reversal event This series of videos are takes from Chapter 8 in “God’s Day of Judgment, the Real Cause of Global Warming” which can be purchased through www.Amazon.com or the publisher at www.vectorpub.com. The foundations web site www.dieholdfoundation.com has information on this information theory of existence as well as three expeditions to Egypt.
 
darkbeaver
#14
The carbon tax is used to fight global warming. Like fuk it is. in my reading experiance of late the term {extermination event) recurs quite often. Youv,e no doubt heard of deep hardened bunkers with room service? The cream will be skimmed off the top, again
 
MHz
#15
Do you mean 'after-hours clubs'?
 
Walter
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

EXTREME WEATHER IS PREVENTING PLANTS FROM PROCESSING CARBON

Plants need carbon dioxide (CO2) to survive, and that’s a very good thing for humans — our activity produces almost 40 billion tons of the gas every year, but only about half of that actually reaches the atmosphere. The rest is processed by plants, stored in soil, or absorbed by the oceans.
That could change in the future, though. A new study out of Columbia University suggests that this current rate of CO2 absorption might not last.
“Should the land reach a maximum carbon uptake rate, global warming could accelerate, with important consequences for people and the environment,” said researcher Pierre Gentine.
Extreme Problem
In the new paper, which was published on Wednesday in the journal Nature, the Columbia University researchers detail their efforts to determine how changes to the Earth’s hydrological cycle, such as droughts or floods, impact the continents’ ability to trap CO2 emissions.
Using data from several planetary models, they sought to pinpoint reductions in net biome productivity (NBP) — the amount of carbon a region gains or loses over a specific period of time — due to changes in soil moisture. What they found was startling.
“We saw that the value of NBP, in this instance a net gain of carbon on the land surface, would actually be almost twice as high if it weren’t for these changes (variability and trend) in soil moisture,” researcher Julia Green said in a press release.
In other words, the land was only absorbing about half as much CO2 as it could have been.
In Deep Water
The research could reveal the beginning of a very dangerous cycle. Climate changes is causing more extreme weather events, such as droughts and floods. These events affect the soil in a way that impacts the land’s ability to absorb CO2. If the land absorbs less CO2, climate change will get worse, causing more extreme weather events.
“This is a big deal!” Green said. “If soil moisture continues to reduce NBP at the current rate, and the rate of carbon uptake by the land starts to decrease by the middle of this century — as we found in the models — we could potentially see a large increase in the concentration of atmospheric CO2 and a corresponding rise in the effects of global warming and climate change.”
https://futurism.com/the-byte/co2-pl...cessing-carbon

Such crap.
 

Similar Threads

59
Extreme weather and drought.
by Cabbagesandking | Aug 13th, 2012
2
Extreme Weather in Canada
by sanctus | Mar 19th, 2007
1
16
Winter weather extreme 2005 in Alberta
by Karlin | Jan 18th, 2006