Liberal MP hired girlfriend to work in riding office, then fired her and refused to s

spaminator
Liberal MP hired girlfriend to work in riding office, then fired her and refused to support their baby, lawyers allege
Tom Blackwell
Published:
June 25, 2019
Updated:
June 25, 2019 7:28 PM EDT
Don Valley North MP Geng Tan.Handout/Postmedia Network
Don Valley North MP Geng Tan denies the allegations, saying Ying (Stella) Yu's job in his constituency office was supposed to be temporary
A Liberal MP hired his girlfriend as a constituency assistant, then fired her at his wife’s behest and refused to provide child support to their daughter, according to allegations contained in two lawyers’ letters obtained by the National Post.
Ying (Stella) Yu — who says she gave up a lucrative career in business to work for Don Valley North MP Geng Tan — fell into deep depression after her “ignominious” dismissal, with suicide attempts, anxiety attacks and crying fits, the two letters claim.
But the MP dismissed Yu’s mental-health problems, one of the letters alleges, urging her not to get professional help.
Tan, 55, has strongly denied the allegations, saying Yu’s job in his constituency office was supposed to be temporary, and that he had only provided her a donation of sperm without agreeing to support the resulting child. There was no “misuse” of their acquaintance.
“I will strongly fight for my dignity and honour which is improperly being maligned, alleging wrong facts and concealing the real ones,” the MP said in a statement to the Post. “I have strong support and love of my family.”
He promised to bring a “strong legal response.”
The accusations have surfaced days after Tan — who made history in 2015 as the first Mandarin-speaking, mainland-China native to be elected to Parliament — unexpectedly announced that he would not run for re-election in October. In recent days Tan and his wife have issued statements describing him as a devoted family man.
Yu, 54, acknowledged that Tan provided her with a sperm donation for use in in-vitro fertilization, but said it was merely because she had difficulty getting pregnant naturally at her age. She said her relationship with the MP ended last September, but that she held off on court action in the hope he would voluntarily provide child support and play a part in their daughter’s life. When that did not happen, she said, she decided reluctantly to make her allegations openly.
Even now, I don’t want to hurt him, but I have no other choice (but to go public). I don’t have any hope
“Even now, I don’t want to hurt him, but I have no other choice (but to go public),” Yu said in an interview with the Post. “I don’t have any hope.”
Tan surprised the political world when he won the Liberal nomination for Toronto’s Don Valley North riding before the past election, defeating a candidate favoured by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
He then won the constituency with 51 per cent of the popular vote.
In a Facebook post last December, Tan announced that he had been re-nominated for this year’s election, thanking Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains for his words of support. “We have accomplished a lot together so far,” Tan wrote. “But there is still a lot more to do as we head into 2019 and beyond.”
Then on June 23, he revealed in another post that he would not be running, saying “time has now come to spend more time with family and pursue other careers.”
“Geng, you are a great MP, a loving and caring father and a good husband,” wife Laura Huang commented on his Facebook page. “As your wife, I firmly support you everything you did and will do.”
Chinese-language media had already reported “rumours” of an affair, suggesting that Tan should address the subject publicly.
But long before recent developments, lawyer Lai-King Hum sent Tan a letter alleging a surprising series of events, saying that Yu had sought legal help on the advice of mental-health professionals.
The six-page, May 2017 missive said Yu gave up a career in finance and real estate that earned her over $200,000 a year to take a $48,000-a-year job as a constituency assistant in December 2015. She had earlier worked as a volunteer on his campaign, drumming up support in the Chinese-Canadian community and raising money.
Tan and his constituency office manager praised her work, but five months later in April 2016 she was “ignominiously terminated,” wrote Hum. The MP said his wife “did not want her in the office, and that there was no room for any negotiation,” alleged the lawyer. Huang herself confirmed the next day that it was her decision, the letter said.
Yu descended into depression and repeatedly attempted suicide in May and June of 2016, the lawyer charged. But Tan “discouraged her from seeking any assistance from a psychologist or social worker,” suggesting she was suffering from menopause, the lawyer alleged.
As your wife, I firmly support you everything you did and will do
Their personal relationship began in 2013 and the MP had repeatedly promised that he would leave his wife and make a life with her, the letter alleged.
But rather than threaten legal action, Hum suggested seeking an “amicable resolution,” and urged Tan to “consider your legal obligations, as well as see that compassion is required in this situation.”
Tan, however, told the Post that Yu’s job “was for a short duration, and during her employment she has been treated properly and fairly. Further, there has been no misuse of acquaintance with her.”
In February 2018, lawyer Vahideh Khalili wrote another letter on Yu’s behalf, saying that Yu had Tan’s daughter in July 2017 but that eight months later he had expressed no desire to see the baby, and made no support payments.
The law requires that someone pay support if the other parent is looking after a child on their own and “no family court would disregard this obligation,” Khalili wrote.
But she suggested he agree to payments of $1,443 a month — based on his MP’s salary of $170,000 and the federal child support guidelines. That would avoid a lengthy court case, and give him “the peace of mind that your personal information as well as your financial disclosure would not become public documents.”
Yu said she didn’t receive a response to either lawyer’s letter.
• Email: tblackwell@nationalpost.com | Twitter: TomblackwellNP
http://torontosun.com/news/liberal-m...lawyers-allege

spaminator
LILLEY: Trudeau's feminist government fails again
Brian Lilley
Published:
June 25, 2019
Updated:
June 25, 2019 10:21 PM EDT
Liberal MP Geng Tan with the baby his former constituency assistant Ying (Stella) Yu says he fathered. Yu alleges that she was in a relationship with Tan from 2013 to 2018, that Tan fired her from his riding office in 2016, then refused to provide child support. He says the job was meant to be temporary, and that he only provided a sperm donation to Yu.Postmedia
Can you imagine a situation where a Conservative MP facing accusations of impregnating a woman during an affair, hiring her in his office and then firing her at his wife’s insistence and refusing to pay child support wouldn’t be headline news?
I can’t.
Yet that is the case with Liberal MP Geng Tan, a member of Canada’s first feminist government.
At least that’s what they claim, even if it isn’t how they act.
Tan may have announced just over a week ago that he would not seek re-election — a decision that came after news of the allegations broke in Chinese media — but he is still in the Liberal caucus.
I’ve watched as Liberal MPs have been kicked out for flimsier allegations, their reputations destroyed.
Yet Tan remains in the caucus and continues to tweet out support for Liberal policies despite announcing June 17 he would not seek re-election.
That announcement seemed odd at the time.
Why would someone step down so late in the election cycle?
Liberal MP Geng Tan Handout photo
If you had been reading Chinese language media then you would have known.
Not being someone that reads Mandarin, Cantonese or any other Chinese language, this went under my radar.
Yet about a week ago this story broke in the Epoch Times, a publication that has deep roots in the Chinese diaspora across North America.
On Tuesday morning The Hill Times, a Parliament Hill publication wrote about the story.
Still, few stories about this sordid affair.
“There was a sperm donation. That’s all I can tell you at this moment,” Tan told the Hill Times.
Is that what we are calling it now?
Tan’s former girlfriend-turned-assistant-turned-fired-assistant sees it differently.
Ying (Stella) Yu tells Postmedia she entered into a relationship with Tan in 2013, only ending last September.
She admits Tan provided a sperm sample to help the 54 year-old become pregnant, but says they were engaged in a relationship that she thought would lead to a future.
The child they bore together is now 2 and thus was born long before Yu says the relationship ended.
I don’t pretend to know the relationship between Tan and Yu.
Fertility doc who used own sperm guilty of professional misconduct
Liberals reject Karen Wang’s plea for another chance
OPINION: McCallum’s remarks go beyond being pro-Beijing – they’re un-Canadian
KINSELLA: Liberal Party has morphed into a cult
Nor should I.
That said, can you imagine a Conservative MP in a similar situation that would not lead off CBC’s The National?
And yet as I sit and write this, CBC runs stories about how badly children are treated on the southern U.S. border.
Most Canadian media have not touched this story at all.
There is a good chance that you won’t hear about this before the election if you don’t read this column.
According to the Epoch Times, one of the few organizations that have covered this story, Tan is not only a possible baby daddy but also has tight ties to the regime in Beijing.
The newspaper says he has been tied to the Chinese Students and Scholars Association, the Confederation of Toronto Chinese Canadian Organizations, and the Chinese Professionals Association of Canada.
All groups linked to Beijing.
Who MPs sleep with or don’t is for the most part their own business but when an MP in Canada’ first self-described feminist government fires a woman and refuses to pay child support and then announces he won’t seek re-election after it becomes public…..
Maybe that should become a bigger story than what we see in a few ethnic media outlets.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/column...nt-fails-again

Tecumsehsbones
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
Cool. Your politicians are just as good as ours! Yay!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Cool. Your politicians are just as good as ours! Yay!

You should move up here and get into politics.. You're gonna fit right in.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You should move up here and get into politics.. You're gonna fit right in.

Nah. Sensitive stomach.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote:

Most Canadian media have not touched this story at all.

That's because they want their piece of the $600 million.

MHz
Child support and wrongful dismissal, better than the lotto.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

That's because they want their piece of the $600 million.

Bonus time .

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Liberal MP hired girlfriend to work in riding office, then fired her and refused to support their baby, lawyers allege
Tom Blackwell
Published:
June 25, 2019
Updated:
June 25, 2019 7:28 PM EDT
Don Valley North MP Geng Tan.Handout/Postmedia Network
Don Valley North MP Geng Tan denies the allegations, saying Ying (Stella) Yu's job in his constituency office was supposed to be temporary
A Liberal MP hired his girlfriend as a constituency assistant, then fired her at his wife’s behest and refused to provide child support to their daughter, according to allegations contained in two lawyers’ letters obtained by the National Post.
Ying (Stella) Yu — who says she gave up a lucrative career in business to work for Don Valley North MP Geng Tan — fell into deep depression after her “ignominious” dismissal, with suicide attempts, anxiety attacks and crying fits, the two letters claim.
But the MP dismissed Yu’s mental-health problems, one of the letters alleges, urging her not to get professional help.
Tan, 55, has strongly denied the allegations, saying Yu’s job in his constituency office was supposed to be temporary, and that he had only provided her a donation of sperm without agreeing to support the resulting child. There was no “misuse” of their acquaintance.
“I will strongly fight for my dignity and honour which is improperly being maligned, alleging wrong facts and concealing the real ones,” the MP said in a statement to the Post. “I have strong support and love of my family.”
He promised to bring a “strong legal response.”
The accusations have surfaced days after Tan — who made history in 2015 as the first Mandarin-speaking, mainland-China native to be elected to Parliament — unexpectedly announced that he would not run for re-election in October. In recent days Tan and his wife have issued statements describing him as a devoted family man.
Yu, 54, acknowledged that Tan provided her with a sperm donation for use in in-vitro fertilization, but said it was merely because she had difficulty getting pregnant naturally at her age. She said her relationship with the MP ended last September, but that she held off on court action in the hope he would voluntarily provide child support and play a part in their daughter’s life. When that did not happen, she said, she decided reluctantly to make her allegations openly.
Even now, I don’t want to hurt him, but I have no other choice (but to go public). I don’t have any hope
“Even now, I don’t want to hurt him, but I have no other choice (but to go public),” Yu said in an interview with the Post. “I don’t have any hope.”
Tan surprised the political world when he won the Liberal nomination for Toronto’s Don Valley North riding before the past election, defeating a candidate favoured by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
He then won the constituency with 51 per cent of the popular vote.
In a Facebook post last December, Tan announced that he had been re-nominated for this year’s election, thanking Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains for his words of support. “We have accomplished a lot together so far,” Tan wrote. “But there is still a lot more to do as we head into 2019 and beyond.”
Then on June 23, he revealed in another post that he would not be running, saying “time has now come to spend more time with family and pursue other careers.”
“Geng, you are a great MP, a loving and caring father and a good husband,” wife Laura Huang commented on his Facebook page. “As your wife, I firmly support you everything you did and will do.”
Chinese-language media had already reported “rumours” of an affair, suggesting that Tan should address the subject publicly.
But long before recent developments, lawyer Lai-King Hum sent Tan a letter alleging a surprising series of events, saying that Yu had sought legal help on the advice of mental-health professionals.
The six-page, May 2017 missive said Yu gave up a career in finance and real estate that earned her over $200,000 a year to take a $48,000-a-year job as a constituency assistant in December 2015. She had earlier worked as a volunteer on his campaign, drumming up support in the Chinese-Canadian community and raising money.
Tan and his constituency office manager praised her work, but five months later in April 2016 she was “ignominiously terminated,” wrote Hum. The MP said his wife “did not want her in the office, and that there was no room for any negotiation,” alleged the lawyer. Huang herself confirmed the next day that it was her decision, the letter said.
Yu descended into depression and repeatedly attempted suicide in May and June of 2016, the lawyer charged. But Tan “discouraged her from seeking any assistance from a psychologist or social worker,” suggesting she was suffering from menopause, the lawyer alleged.
As your wife, I firmly support you everything you did and will do
Their personal relationship began in 2013 and the MP had repeatedly promised that he would leave his wife and make a life with her, the letter alleged.
But rather than threaten legal action, Hum suggested seeking an “amicable resolution,” and urged Tan to “consider your legal obligations, as well as see that compassion is required in this situation.”
Tan, however, told the Post that Yu’s job “was for a short duration, and during her employment she has been treated properly and fairly. Further, there has been no misuse of acquaintance with her.”
In February 2018, lawyer Vahideh Khalili wrote another letter on Yu’s behalf, saying that Yu had Tan’s daughter in July 2017 but that eight months later he had expressed no desire to see the baby, and made no support payments.
The law requires that someone pay support if the other parent is looking after a child on their own and “no family court would disregard this obligation,” Khalili wrote.
But she suggested he agree to payments of $1,443 a month — based on his MP’s salary of $170,000 and the federal child support guidelines. That would avoid a lengthy court case, and give him “the peace of mind that your personal information as well as your financial disclosure would not become public documents.”
Yu said she didn’t receive a response to either lawyer’s letter.
• Email: tblackwell@nationalpost.com | Twitter: TomblackwellNP
http://torontosun.com/news/liberal-m...lawyers-allege

Well....................................

you know how LIE-berals are........................................

ENTITLED in everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Even including impregnating the HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

LIE-berals are the enemies of honesty, fair play and democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals................

TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheer has a HUGE MESS to clean up......................

thanks to LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
I'm still trying to figure out why a single 54 year old woman would want to get pregnant.
The part about a sperm donor being liable for child support makes me nervous.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I'm still trying to figure out why a single 54 year old woman would want to get pregnant.
The part about a sperm donor being liable for child support makes me nervous.

Dafuq?

petros

Dafuq?

Tan. Not Yu.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Tan. Not Yu.

Damn right, not me!

Though I am kinda tan. . .

spilledthebeer

Dafuq?

Well........................................

to quote Our idiot Boy.....................................

"because its 2015"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning lunatic LIE-berals are in charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although one has to feel sorry for the women in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They BOTH- meaning wife and girl friend THOUGHT they were latching onto a WELL PAID leader..............................

and instead they are saddled to a LOSER ON HIS WAY out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy is a LIE-beral MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he is ABOUT TO LOSE HIS HIGH PAYING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad enough he is a LIE-beral............................................. ..

but now he is exposed as a DUMB HORN DOG............................................... ..

who does not know how birth control works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His odds of being re-elected are WELL BELOW that of other LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this guy should be SHUNNED because of his legal problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets face it...............................

if the guy does get re-elected.......................................

he WILL BE PUSHING HARD for MP pay raises.................................

to cover his legal fees and child support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He screws his tax payer funded office help.......................................

and then screws tax payers for getting caught with his pants down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!