Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

And just WHO is paying for all that stuff ................................................

What stuff? NG as the standard fuel for gas style motors or do you want to wire the pistons so magnets drive them?

Batteries only need to do 50km/day, to go far you rent a 1 cylinder tow behind genset to boost the amps to long range with no stopping except once every 10 hrs to add a liter of NG

JLM
Electric vehicles are over rated in my opinion!

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Electric vehicles are over rated in my opinion!

You live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains and you don't commute to work. If all of your driving is commuting in urban areas, driving a 50 km radius, electrics make all sorts of sense. They are all over the place, where I live. The Tesla badge is becoming more common than "Chevrolet" in Oakville.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains and you don't commute to work. If all of your driving is commuting in urban areas, driving a 50 km radius, electrics make all sorts of sense. They are all over the place, where I live. The Tesla badge is becoming more common than "Chevrolet" in Oakville.

What's a "50 I'm radius"?

JLM
It was recently brought to my attention that electric vehicles being silent can be a hazard to pedestrians with poor hearing and/or vision.

Curious Cdn

What's a "50 I'm radius"?

Look at what you've quoted and try to reconcile it with what you just posted, old timer.

JLM

Look at what you've quoted and try to reconcile it with what you just posted, old timer.

Not sure what it has to do with poor hearing or vision!

Curious Cdn

It was recently brought to my attention that electric vehicles being silent can be a hazard to pedestrians with poor hearing and/or vision.

In Europe, that are forcing them to produce some sort of sound. In a previous thread, we were talking about recording a little kid going "brrrrrrrrrrrr" and looping it with the car's computer. If I ever get one, I want it to burble and bubble like the Flubber Mobile.

http://youtu.be/zjiPpX5_Puc

Curious Cdn

Not sure what it has to do with poor hearing or vision!

Senility is always a possibility ...

JLM

Senility is always a possibility ...

Or a probability. lol

Hoid

Yes people have been discussing this since the Prius came out. that was 1997?

Hoid
EV BnB's.

Give those upscale EV owners millions of places to charge up.

If anything could revive the motoring vaca it would be EVs

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

EV BnB's.

Give those upscale EV owners millions of places to charge up.

If anything could revive the motoring vaca it would be EVs

What's that in English?

Danbones

No, liberal welfare recipients like that Johns are not too obvious when they are out hoping work will find them.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

What stuff? NG as the standard fuel for gas style motors or do you want to wire the pistons so magnets drive them?

Batteries only need to do 50km/day, to go far you rent a 1 cylinder tow behind genset to boost the amps to long range with no stopping except once every 10 hrs to add a liter of NG

Again............................

who is paying or all this CRAP???????????????????????????

How STUPID ARE YOU????????????????????????

Gas powered electric generators are like lawn mower engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They spew more pollution in 5 minutes than a gas powered car in 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back to your LSD...............................

you have proven you have NOTHING to contribute here!!!!!!!