Study Finds Spanked Children Are More Likely To Have Developmental Delays


B00Mer
-1
#1
Study Finds Spanked Children Are More Likely To Have Developmental Delays



Do you spank your child to discipline them, or were you spanked as a child yourself? It may be a controversial subject to talk about, but an increasing amount of evidence suggests that it’s unwise and dangerous.

Now, as spotted by salud movil, a new study – this time by a team led by the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell – appears to have found another negative association between childhood spanking and later development. Specifically, the more a child was physically punished in this way, the more likely they were to experience developmental delays.

Developmental delays are when children do not reach specific milestones as they grow up, including the ability to walk, talk, write, think critically, reason well, socialize, and emotionally express themselves with clarity.

Although it’s a little vague, milestones in terms of time are determined by what most children can do by that age. For example, by 12 months, a child should be able to sit up without assistance, walk holding on to furniture, and respond to “no” – just to name a few.

This paper is suggesting that physical punishment seems to delay the onset of these, so let’s look at how the study, published in the Annals of Global Health, was carried out.

It’s actually a fairly small study, one that focused on 74 pairs of caregivers and their associated children, all of whom attended a growth-monitoring clinic in La Romana, a city in the Dominican Republic. They were then assessed using the relatively new Malawi Development Assessment Tool, or MDAT, a comprehensive tool designed to assess child development in developing, non-Western nations.


[youtube]LRUHaqVzXdE[/youtube]

The team found that at least two-thirds of children – aged five or under – had at least one delay in one developmental area, be that social, cognitive, motor skills, and so on. When asked about the forms of punishment and discipline they engaged in, about 44 percent of those said they used spanking; 43.2 percent said that they used scolding.

Intriguingly, the team found that both seemed to be associated with a detrimental developmental effect. “In our research, language delays and sociocognitive delays were more prevalent among children who were disciplined for bad behavior by being spanked or scolded,” the authors note in their study.

The connection between language and spanking appeared to be particularly strong; children punished by spanking were five times more likely to experience some sort of language delay.

“These findings add to the mounting evidence that harsh parenting, including spanking, is potentially harmful,” Professor Jeff Temple, the director of Behavioral Health and Research at the University of Texas Medical Branch – who was not involved with this study – told IFLScience.

“The methodology makes it difficult to disentangle the chicken from the egg,” he added, noting that a “third variable” may have “contributed to both spanking and the developmental delay.” Nevertheless, the study’s findings are still “consistent with the literature, in that spanking is linked to negative outcomes – and moreover, we know that spanking does not work.”

This really is just one study among a mountain of similar papers. A few years back, a comprehensive review of four decades of research on the subject found that spanking slows cognitive development, leads to antisocial behaviors, and more. One 2009 study even linked harsh corporal punishment in young adults to a reduced amount of gray matter.

If this counterproductive measure is almost consistently found to cause developmental damage to children, then perhaps it should be consigned to the past.

By the way, anecdotal evidence doesn't count here. You may say that you were spanked as a child and you turned out fine, but that's not how science works.

source

.................................................. ...................................

My only comment to this article is best stated by Bucky Covington

[youtube]HJWEvP9gtww[/youtube]
 
taxslave
#2
So Putz must have been spanked several times a day.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#3
So I guess you were spanked a lot, eh, Boom?
 
B00Mer
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So I guess you were spanked a lot, eh, Boom?

Meh the wooden spoon treatment.. but I was sorta like Dennis the Menace growing up.. a holy terror.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Meh the wooden spoon treatment.. but I was sorta like Dennis the Menace growing up.. a holy terror.

Me too. In the hands of an old Native woman (my grandmother).

Boy, if we'd sent out the old women with wooden spoons, all y'all'd still be in Europe!
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Me too. In the hands of an old Native woman (my grandmother).

Boy, if we'd sent out the old women with wooden spoons, all y'all'd still be in Europe!

So- LIE-berals who think there ought to be a get out of jail free card for any and all offences up to and including mowing down innocent shoppers at the Eaton Mall now think that spanking kids is bad for them? And LIE-berals offer up the usual fake news in defense of their position!

They do not want us to ask if the kids being spanked were ALREADY developmentally delayed......and what benefit would LIE-berals have for inisisting on such a position? Maybe they DONT WANT US ASKING about levels of discipline in schools?

WE have all seen news photos of kids being hauled out of schools in handcuffs by cops and people look at the apparently harmless tykes and wonder what is in teacher and cop minds? LIE-berals DO NOT WANT US TO ASK HOW ELSE to subdue a kid who is biting or kicking and throwing stuff and threatening to break windows or just plain run away out into heavy traffic!

LIE-berals know very well what manner of lawsuit they would face if a bad kid ran off and got squashed under a truck! Can ANYBODY IMAGINE the screaming from some member of Black Lives Matter if she was standing at the school bus stop waiting for her kid- with the driver leaning out the door and saying: "sorry honey- your kid behaved like a jerk today and ran out of school and the teachers have not seen him since lunch time!

LIE-berals disapprove of punishment for anything ever. When your kid gets onto that school bus- you are sending a CHILD into Dodge City- with no sheriff and NO defense! School classrooms are little better- with teachers ONLY entitled to make the kid take a "time out" standing in the corner! Teachers who despair of getting a kid to behave and send the kid to the office are basically telling their superiors that they cannot manage their students!

The LIE-beral position on spanking kids- along with their hostility to corporal punishment of convicted felons is just another example of BADLY MUDDLED LIE-beral thinking!

AS I have said before: ALL LIE-beral policy is FAILING!
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#7
I was a Tasmanian Devil growing up...

Dad gave me the odd cuff once in a blue moon.

I spanked my little daughter ONCE when she was very young. I gave her 3 light whacks on her diaper-covered bum. She did something very dangerous...can't remember what it was.

I needed therapy for a month afterwards. They're teenagers now, and some days I want to toss them in a snowbank but I leave the discipline to Hon. I rarely raise my voice to my girls, but when i do they know it counts!
 
Johnnny
#8
I wasn't spanked but i did get the odd "flick" in the head when i was younger.

Not a big deal. I refused to conform and my parents kinda just let me run wild.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I've never hit my kids, never felt the need.

Spilled beats his all the time just to spite the Libs.

Spanking a kid because you have lost your temper due to life pressures and stress is bad- but spanking the kid because the kid stole a car or made a major mess at school such that cops had to be called to subdue the future felon is NOT WRONG! Spanking a kid because the kid has bullied smaller kids is AN OBJECT LESSON! Corporal punishment- caning as is done in Singapore and in India is a socially useful tool- it lets the felon know in no uncertain terms that we- the public are offended! And it saves money- kid is convicted of car theft or etc and gets the trial and the swift sentence and then punishment is swiftly AND CHEAPLY IMPOSED- it currently costs about $140 grand per year to jail a felon! Caning the felons ass costs a few hundred dollars at most- after all a doctor must check out the felons condition before and after the punishment!

Corporal punishment eliminates deals like where young kids are put in with older ones to be bullied or abused because guards are too few to maintain order and decorum. Corporal punishment swiftly applied means young felons are not locked up together so they can compare notes on the nest way to commit crimes and then get away!

Corporal punishment imposes honest consequences for being a snot nosed defiant twerp!
 
Curious Cdn
#10
They used to beat you, eh?
 
spilledthebeer
+3
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They used to beat you, eh?

And that`s the most clever response you can give? HAHAHAHAHA!

No wonder you hate my posts- in a battle of wits and logic you are UNARMED!
 
Curious Cdn
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

And that`s the most clever response you can give? HAHAHAHAHA!

No wonder you hate my posts- in a battle of wits and logic you are UNARMED!

I don't "hate" your posts. It's just that so many of them are so long, I lose my will to live about 2/3rds of the way through.

The medium is the message.
 
spilledthebeer
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I don't "hate" your posts. It's just that so many of them are so long, I lose my will to live about 2/3rds of the way through.

The medium is the message.


And the message is too often IGNORED by selfish LIE-berals! Or else it is lied about and deliberately mi-represented!

And maybe there is a reason WHY LIE-berals are so hostile to offering honest discipline to people who misbehave- including convicted felons? Maybe LIE-berals have FIRST HAND experience of being beaten? It would certainly explain their grossly addled and utterly confused attitudes to so many issues of the day- too many hits in the head!

And I stand by my previous assertions- if all you have to whine about is "its too long and boring" then you REALLY DONT HAVE ANYTHING now do you?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I don't "hate" your posts. It's just that so many of them are so long, I lose my will to live about 2/3rds of the way through.

The medium is the message.

You make it 2/3? After 2 paragraphs of ANY post I am done. I have better things to do than spend extra time reading more than that here.
 
Curious Cdn
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

And the message is too often IGNORED by selfish LIE-berals! Or else it is lied about and deliberately mi-represented!

And maybe there is a reason WHY LIE-berals are so hostile to offering honest discipline to people who misbehave- including convicted felons? Maybe LIE-berals have FIRST HAND experience of being beaten? It would certainly explain their grossly addled and utterly confused attitudes to so many issues of the day- too many hits in the head!

And I stand by my previous assertions- if all you have to whine about is "its too long and boring" then you REALLY DONT HAVE ANYTHING now do you?

Make your message a little shorter and a lot more coherent and maybe ... Maybe ... you might change done one's opinion.
 
Hoid
#16
Could it be that stupid kids get beaten more often?
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Could it be that stupid kids get beaten more often?

Here is the LIE-beral understanding of discipline: In the 1990`s, Chretien LIE-berals were taking flak for their soft on crime/ hug a thug garbage so they struck a committee to study the problem- with the chair being LIE-beral MP Ivan Grose.

Not surprisingly, the LIE-beral committee "studied" the problem and came back to tell us that prison sentence length did not affect crime rates. The report was shelved in disgrace AFTER it was revealed that committee chairman and staunch LIE-beral Ivan Grose was also former ARMED BANK ROBBER Ivan!

Poor Ivan- he did not understand why we greeted his "report" with cynical laughter! AS he told us: "he robbed the bank because of some personal problems" that he thought having money would solve- without specifying what those problems- drugs-gambling- might have been. He does not understand that we all have personal problems from time to time but only a truly addled few think that getting a gun will solve those problems!

In addition, Ivan was aggrieved at being described as a former gun toting desperado- because- as he told us- the gun was not loaded- not that it made any difference to the bank tellers who did not have this information and were convinced that the panic stricken and agitated loon waving the gun WOULD kill them if he did not get money.

For reasons that Ivan never understood, this bank robber business killed his political career and he has disappeared from public life and good riddance!

AS for Chretien LIE-berals- they made a few small cosmetic changes to some minor parts of their version of criminal code and declared we should be satisfied by the smoke screen they erected to hide the truth !
 
Kreskin
#18
Most people on this forum that are in support of spanking have anger management problems.
 
spilledthebeer
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Most people on this forum that are in support of spanking have anger management problems.

Yes- they are ANGRY at LIE-beral fake news and politically correct garbage!


Here is a nice story out of Ottawa courtesy of The Canadian Press. And there are some comments of my own in brackets) to supplement the story:

Criminals getting citizenship as not all checks being carried out: says Auditor general.

By Stephanie Levitz/ Sean Kilpatrick, THE CANADIAN PRESS. First posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 11:38 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:58 PM EDT

Auditor General Michael Ferguson holds a press conference at the National Press Theatre in Ottawa on Tuesday, May 3, 2016, regarding the 2016 Spring Reports of the Auditor General.

OTTAWA -- People with serious criminal records and others using potentially phoney addresses are among those who managed to secure Canadian citizenship, thanks to a system that doesn't do enough to root out fraud, the auditor general has found.

Michael Ferguson's audit of citizenship applications between July 2014 and last fall found the Immigration Department has granted citizenships based on incomplete information or without all the necessary checks because it's not applying its own methods to combat fraud.

(I say: what does auditor expect? Our civil service Hogs are NEVER expected to break a sweat or rush in any way so if there are too many applicants it is a simple matter to simply stamp many of them as being `done` and forget them. After all, LIE-berals routinely cater to ethnic and immigrant voters so civil service Hogs see no problem in this slovenly allotting of Cdn citizenship! After all how important can it be who is allowed into Canada since our idiot prime minister- that brainless boy- is taking action to RETURN CDN citizenship-previously removed by Stephen Harper- to the CONVICTED terrorist leader of the murderous Toronto 18!)

The issue isn't the department's alone -- the auditor general found they weren't getting timely or enough information from border officials or the RCMP either to help flag suspect cases.

(Police officials have known-and WARNED govt for decades that information supplied by authorities in foreign lands may be tainted or inadequate in various ways. Police in India for instance lack a central intelligence collection point of the sort found in Canada or other western lands. Such information on Indian criminals convictions is held in decentralized locations-in cities close to where the crimes took place so a foreigner finds it QUITE time consuming to seek information on a specific potential Indian immigrant-who may have offended in multiple jurisdictions-each unknown to the other. In addition, some Indian cops and clerks are willing to take bribes to alter or `clean up` police documents and who can blame them-if the criminal successfully immigrates THEY will be RID of him! It saves them trouble-but makes it OUR problem!)

"This finding matters because ineligible individuals may obtain Canadian citizenship and receive benefits to which they are not entitled," Ferguson wrote in his spring report, tabled Tuesday in the House of Commons.

(Gee, what about the Khadrs? The father was ALREADY a convicted terrorist bomber languishing in an Italian jail when LIE-beral prime minister Chretien went out of his way to INVITE Italians to ship the odious `first family of terror` to Canada! Imbecile Chretien has NEVER explained WHY he would do such a mad thing-inviting the `crazies` to come here!)

"Revoking citizenship that should not have been granted takes significant time and money."

(Oh, that’s NOT correct-look at Ivan Demyanyuk-the Ukrainian accused of being a concentration camp guard. He immigrated to Canada decades ago and subsequently got arrested and sent to Israel for trial-in the 1970`s as accused SS guard Ivan The Terrible. A court in Tel-Aviv brought in survivors of the camp and confronted him-and they LET HIM GO! He was not the man they wanted. Yet Chretien stripped him of citizenship and he ended up being shipped to Germany for another trial-this one being rather inconclusive as so much time had passed-key witnesses were all dead. But he was NOT let back into Canada! If Jewish concentration camp survivors were willing to declare him innocent then why not Canada? And why DUMP Demyanyuk-who never harmed a Cdn-nor apparently did he harm any Jews and then KEEP the Toronto 18-who planned to bomb Toronto Stock Exchange and behead the prime minister, chuck hand grenades at parliament and machine gun anybody who got in their way; and were only prevented from committing wholesale murder by Cdn cops? LIE-berals apparently believe only White people are unworthy of Cdn citizenship!)

The problems range from immigration officials not routinely checking travel documents against a database of known fake papers to a failure by officers or their computers to flag problematic addresses that could point to residency fraud.

(One is inclined to ask if some of this Hog sloppiness is not connected to the payment of BRIBES and assorted `considerations`? I do recall a recent trial in which a Cdn immigration officer was CONVICTED of soliciting sex from female immigrants in exchange for Cdn papers!)

In one instance, it took seven years for an official to realize that a single address had been used by at least 50 different applicants during overlapping time periods. Of the 50, seven became Canadian citizens.

A review of 49 cases where an individual's address had been flagged as problematic concluded that in 18 instances, citizenship officials didn't follow up to see if the applicant actually met residency requirements.

In four cases, the RCMP failed to tell the Immigration Department about criminal charges laid against people who'd already passed the criminal records check step of the citizenship process. Two eventually became citizens; a third failed the knowledge test while the fourth abandoned their application.

The auditor general also found four people who should have been ineligible because of their criminal records, but were granted citizenship even though the officers had access to the information.

(Again, we cynics have to ask if some Hog clerks are not being willfully blind in exchange for favours? Or for BLACKMAIL?)

It was not immediately clear Tuesday whether any of the red flags raised by the auditor general's office have resulted in new fraud investigations.

(And given the well known extent of Hog support of LIE-berals we cynics CAN guess that any evidence of wrong doing will be carefully BURIED by Hog clerks! After all, LIE-berals have learned a LOT since the days of the three billion dollar Adscam and the gas plants!)

In response to the audit, the Immigration Department, Canada Border Services Agency and the RCMP all say they are working to improve their efforts and a better system should be in place by the end of this year.

Tuesday's collection of audits also flagged problems at the start of many people's path to citizenship -- the Immigration and Refugee Board, which handles asylum claims.

As part of a review of appointments to government tribunals, the auditor general found ongoing and lengthy vacancies at the IRB, as well as at the so-called specific claims tribunal, which handles decisions on First Nations claims against the Crown.

In both cases, the vacancies are contributing to delays in tribunal decisions -- at the IRB, 21 positions are vacant, leading to wait times of an average of 18 months, up from the last study of the appointments process in 2009.

When it comes to filling vacancies, the auditor general flagged the fact that for part-time positions, there was no evidence of a selection process or an assessment of candidates against required qualifications.

(Gosh! No evidence of a govt selection process or an assessment of candidates against required qualifications? No-that has to be wrong. We cynics believe that all candidates will be carefully selected according to their loyalty to LIE-beral Party and their willingness to have their votes BOUGHT by LIE-berals! We expect that extra points will be given to those who can explain the Trudope vision of Cdn Imperialism! What the auditor means is there is NO process in place to ensure candidates will render decisions suitable to ordinary Cdns!)

(What it comes down to is our LIE-beral masters support the philosophy of Our Brainless Boy prime minister. Justin Trudope is following in the footsteps of his vicious father Pierre. Our Pet Pierre believed and SPOKE PUBLICLY and also wrote of his belief that Canadian `Imperialism` needed to be destroyed-as long time Trudope friends and chosen biographers Max and Monique Nemni have written in their biography of the younger life of Our Pet.)

(Pierre believed Britain and Canada had fought a war of Imperialism against Nazi Germany and he did all he could to thwart the Cdn war effort-including attempting to form a dock worker union in Montreal for the express purpose of interfering with shipments of war material to Britain! Of course once Hitler attacked the Soviet Union and ceased to be a Soviet ally, Our Pet lost interest in defending Nazis and turned to his true love-the Soviet Union!)

(Our Brainless Boy also believes-like his father-that Cdns are shameful imperialists and bigots and he would rather lead a country of criminal immigrants than a country full of White `Imperialists`. This is why his immigration policy is so deliberately skewed! Boy is determined to rebuild Canada in the fashion his father described-the Trudope plan is to take Canada from the past into the future via the route of radical socialism and for this plan to succeed all our existing institutions and values must be undermined! And how better to do the job than to bring in a bunch of people with strong OPPOSING views?)

(And it doesn’t hurt that screwed up immigration policy is being aided by giving preferential hiring status to assorted non-white and non-male immigrant job applicants-its just LIE-berals BUYING immigrant votes as usual and SCREWING ordinary people! Putting so much of the civil service into the hands of people with LIE-beral values means that we can change the govt-we can vote out those LIE-berals but the civil service will chug along its preferred path and the hell with what ordinary Cdns want!)
 
Kreskin
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Yes- they are ANGRY at LIE-beral fake news and politically correct garbage!


Here is a nice story out of Ottawa courtesy of The Canadian Press. And there are some comments of my own in brackets) to supplement the story:

Criminals getting citizenship as not all checks being carried out: says Auditor general.

By Stephanie Levitz/ Sean Kilpatrick, THE CANADIAN PRESS. First posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 11:38 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:58 PM EDT

Auditor General Michael Ferguson holds a press conference at the National Press Theatre in Ottawa on Tuesday, May 3, 2016, regarding the 2016 Spring Reports of the Auditor General.

OTTAWA -- People with serious criminal records and others using potentially phoney addresses are among those who managed to secure Canadian citizenship, thanks to a system that doesn't do enough to root out fraud, the auditor general has found.

Michael Ferguson's audit of citizenship applications between July 2014 and last fall found the Immigration Department has granted citizenships based on incomplete information or without all the necessary checks because it's not applying its own methods to combat fraud.

(I say: what does auditor expect? Our civil service Hogs are NEVER expected to break a sweat or rush in any way so if there are too many applicants it is a simple matter to simply stamp many of them as being `done` and forget them. After all, LIE-berals routinely cater to ethnic and immigrant voters so civil service Hogs see no problem in this slovenly allotting of Cdn citizenship! After all how important can it be who is allowed into Canada since our idiot prime minister- that brainless boy- is taking action to RETURN CDN citizenship-previously removed by Stephen Harper- to the CONVICTED terrorist leader of the murderous Toronto 18!)

The issue isn't the department's alone -- the auditor general found they weren't getting timely or enough information from border officials or the RCMP either to help flag suspect cases.

(Police officials have known-and WARNED govt for decades that information supplied by authorities in foreign lands may be tainted or inadequate in various ways. Police in India for instance lack a central intelligence collection point of the sort found in Canada or other western lands. Such information on Indian criminals convictions is held in decentralized locations-in cities close to where the crimes took place so a foreigner finds it QUITE time consuming to seek information on a specific potential Indian immigrant-who may have offended in multiple jurisdictions-each unknown to the other. In addition, some Indian cops and clerks are willing to take bribes to alter or `clean up` police documents and who can blame them-if the criminal successfully immigrates THEY will be RID of him! It saves them trouble-but makes it OUR problem!)

"This finding matters because ineligible individuals may obtain Canadian citizenship and receive benefits to which they are not entitled," Ferguson wrote in his spring report, tabled Tuesday in the House of Commons.

(Gee, what about the Khadrs? The father was ALREADY a convicted terrorist bomber languishing in an Italian jail when LIE-beral prime minister Chretien went out of his way to INVITE Italians to ship the odious `first family of terror` to Canada! Imbecile Chretien has NEVER explained WHY he would do such a mad thing-inviting the `crazies` to come here!)

"Revoking citizenship that should not have been granted takes significant time and money."

(Oh, that’s NOT correct-look at Ivan Demyanyuk-the Ukrainian accused of being a concentration camp guard. He immigrated to Canada decades ago and subsequently got arrested and sent to Israel for trial-in the 1970`s as accused SS guard Ivan The Terrible. A court in Tel-Aviv brought in survivors of the camp and confronted him-and they LET HIM GO! He was not the man they wanted. Yet Chretien stripped him of citizenship and he ended up being shipped to Germany for another trial-this one being rather inconclusive as so much time had passed-key witnesses were all dead. But he was NOT let back into Canada! If Jewish concentration camp survivors were willing to declare him innocent then why not Canada? And why DUMP Demyanyuk-who never harmed a Cdn-nor apparently did he harm any Jews and then KEEP the Toronto 18-who planned to bomb Toronto Stock Exchange and behead the prime minister, chuck hand grenades at parliament and machine gun anybody who got in their way; and were only prevented from committing wholesale murder by Cdn cops? LIE-berals apparently believe only White people are unworthy of Cdn citizenship!)

The problems range from immigration officials not routinely checking travel documents against a database of known fake papers to a failure by officers or their computers to flag problematic addresses that could point to residency fraud.

(One is inclined to ask if some of this Hog sloppiness is not connected to the payment of BRIBES and assorted `considerations`? I do recall a recent trial in which a Cdn immigration officer was CONVICTED of soliciting sex from female immigrants in exchange for Cdn papers!)

In one instance, it took seven years for an official to realize that a single address had been used by at least 50 different applicants during overlapping time periods. Of the 50, seven became Canadian citizens.

A review of 49 cases where an individual's address had been flagged as problematic concluded that in 18 instances, citizenship officials didn't follow up to see if the applicant actually met residency requirements.

In four cases, the RCMP failed to tell the Immigration Department about criminal charges laid against people who'd already passed the criminal records check step of the citizenship process. Two eventually became citizens; a third failed the knowledge test while the fourth abandoned their application.

The auditor general also found four people who should have been ineligible because of their criminal records, but were granted citizenship even though the officers had access to the information.

(Again, we cynics have to ask if some Hog clerks are not being willfully blind in exchange for favours? Or for BLACKMAIL?)

It was not immediately clear Tuesday whether any of the red flags raised by the auditor general's office have resulted in new fraud investigations.

(And given the well known extent of Hog support of LIE-berals we cynics CAN guess that any evidence of wrong doing will be carefully BURIED by Hog clerks! After all, LIE-berals have learned a LOT since the days of the three billion dollar Adscam and the gas plants!)

In response to the audit, the Immigration Department, Canada Border Services Agency and the RCMP all say they are working to improve their efforts and a better system should be in place by the end of this year.

Tuesday's collection of audits also flagged problems at the start of many people's path to citizenship -- the Immigration and Refugee Board, which handles asylum claims.

As part of a review of appointments to government tribunals, the auditor general found ongoing and lengthy vacancies at the IRB, as well as at the so-called specific claims tribunal, which handles decisions on First Nations claims against the Crown.

In both cases, the vacancies are contributing to delays in tribunal decisions -- at the IRB, 21 positions are vacant, leading to wait times of an average of 18 months, up from the last study of the appointments process in 2009.

When it comes to filling vacancies, the auditor general flagged the fact that for part-time positions, there was no evidence of a selection process or an assessment of candidates against required qualifications.

(Gosh! No evidence of a govt selection process or an assessment of candidates against required qualifications? No-that has to be wrong. We cynics believe that all candidates will be carefully selected according to their loyalty to LIE-beral Party and their willingness to have their votes BOUGHT by LIE-berals! We expect that extra points will be given to those who can explain the Trudope vision of Cdn Imperialism! What the auditor means is there is NO process in place to ensure candidates will render decisions suitable to ordinary Cdns!)

(What it comes down to is our LIE-beral masters support the philosophy of Our Brainless Boy prime minister. Justin Trudope is following in the footsteps of his vicious father Pierre. Our Pet Pierre believed and SPOKE PUBLICLY and also wrote of his belief that Canadian `Imperialism` needed to be destroyed-as long time Trudope friends and chosen biographers Max and Monique Nemni have written in their biography of the younger life of Our Pet.)

(Pierre believed Britain and Canada had fought a war of Imperialism against Nazi Germany and he did all he could to thwart the Cdn war effort-including attempting to form a dock worker union in Montreal for the express purpose of interfering with shipments of war material to Britain! Of course once Hitler attacked the Soviet Union and ceased to be a Soviet ally, Our Pet lost interest in defending Nazis and turned to his true love-the Soviet Union!)

(Our Brainless Boy also believes-like his father-that Cdns are shameful imperialists and bigots and he would rather lead a country of criminal immigrants than a country full of White `Imperialists`. This is why his immigration policy is so deliberately skewed! Boy is determined to rebuild Canada in the fashion his father described-the Trudope plan is to take Canada from the past into the future via the route of radical socialism and for this plan to succeed all our existing institutions and values must be undermined! And how better to do the job than to bring in a bunch of people with strong OPPOSING views?)

(And it doesn’t hurt that screwed up immigration policy is being aided by giving preferential hiring status to assorted non-white and non-male immigrant job applicants-its just LIE-berals BUYING immigrant votes as usual and SCREWING ordinary people! Putting so much of the civil service into the hands of people with LIE-beral values means that we can change the govt-we can vote out those LIE-berals but the civil service will chug along its preferred path and the hell with what ordinary Cdns want!)

Do you feel better now?
 
spilledthebeer
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by curious cdn View Post

i don't "hate" your posts. It's just that so many of them are so long, i lose my will to live about 2/3rds of the way through.

The medium is the message.


then why aint you dead yet??????????????????


All lie-beral policy is failing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And a firm spanking might be beneficial..........................


For some of the unemployed and over grown children .........................


Currently blocking roads and rail lines in canad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11


this protest crap is way out of hand.....................................


And it is going to end badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
NZDoug
#22
Its actually called assault here in N.Z. if one strikes a child.
We still get children dying at the hands of their parent(s).
 
Walter
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Its actually called assault here in N.Z. if one strikes a child.
We still get children dying at the hands of their parent(s).

And dying in the hands of the authorities.
 
NZDoug
+1 / -1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

And dying in the hands of the authorities.

wow, an actual statement!
Very impressive!
What are you talking about, magameister?
 
AnnaE
#25
Violence is for people that have not the intelligence to deal with issues in other ways.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Violence is for people that have not the intelligence to deal with issues in other ways.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
-- Isaac Asimov
 
AnnaE
#27
Well, there ya go. Asimov was a pretty bright dude.
 
taxslave
+4
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Violence is for people that have not the intelligence to deal with issues in other ways.

Spanking isn't violence. A belt or broom handle would be violence.
 
Twin_Moose
+4
#29
An open hand spank used sparingly is a reminder to the child gone wild that they went a step to far IMO
 
captain morgan
+6
#30  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Its actually called assault here in N.Z. if one strikes a child.
We still get children dying at the hands of their parent(s).


Study finds that a kid having no discipline from parents end up like this:


Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Spanking isn't violence. A belt or broom handle would be violence.


No stern words as triggering will soon be found to be violence... no sneers either - that\s extra violent
 

Similar Threads

42
Study finds no evidence for UFOs
by #juan | May 16th, 2006