COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Ocean Breeze
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

How many racist acts are committed against that segment of society any other day ? Can you tell the difference between a Japanese and Chinese ? How about Thai or Cambodian ?

They are all PEOPLE. They are of the nationality of the country they live in. Outside of that being "color blind" has its advantages. Metaphorically speaking.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

They are all PEOPLE. They are of the nationality of the country they live in. Outside of that being "color blind" has its advantages. Metaphorically speaking.

So Chinese Canadians are actually Canadian , so we can drop the Chinese part ?

Hoid
+1

So Chinese Canadians are actually Canadian , so we can drop the Chinese part ?

I sincerely doubt you can

Mowich
+5

Hoid
Trump administration balks at invoking the NPA in order to take over industry and conduct a war against this virus.

In Canada the Prime Minister needs to invoke the War Measures Act and take complete control of industry.

We are in a state of denial over this.
Last edited by Hoid; 2 days ago at 08:51 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ocean breeze View Post

the usa is just so competitive !!! Wonder what trump thinks of these "ratings" ,

u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!

Maga!

B00Mer
+1
The Boomer Remover sure kicking ass and taking names in the USA.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!

Maga!

How did your portfolio preform over the last couple of days ? Is your 401k safe ?

Hoid
+1
I have all my money in GE stock at $18 a share.

Walt gave me the tip!

B00Mer
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!
Maga!

Nope Trump is starting to fukk up..

Still no military building hospitals

Still no supplies for hospitals, lots of talk..

Not sure WTF he is thinking..

Avro52
+1 / -1

Okay you convinced me the orange man is bad and the Washington Post is the font of truth .

Oh I doubt very much you’d ever think anything negative about dear leader.

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

It's the prog hypocrisy that is the issue, cuz prog doctrine disapproves of Blackface.

Ahem, how do you know the fellows at the legion Halloween party aren’t Progs?

Mockingbird

The USA is just SO COMPETITIVE !!! Wonder what Trump thinks of these "ratings" ,

Trump DOES like winning! MAGA!

Ocean Breeze
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Excellent !!!!

Ocean Breeze
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Trump DOES like winning! MAGA!

Make America Virus Free again...

Avro52
+1

petros
Jeepers H Crackers

Mowich
+1

U.S. now has more coronavirus cases than any other country

https://globalnews.ca/news/6738566/c..._campaign=2020

Now..if you heard Trump's pollyanna ish assessment...........one finds a big gap between the reality and what he spins.

Just now listening to a US economist on the BBC. He expects to see unemployment rise to 20 million in the coming weeks. An unprecedented 12% unemployment rate.

Ocean Breeze
+2

Just now listening to a US economist on the BBC. He expects to see unemployment rise to 20 million in the coming weeks. An unprecedented 12% unemployment rate.

My goodness. THAT is very concerning. Cataclysmic

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

If you think this is overblown, try walking into a hospital in the UK by next Friday, and ask any health care worker how it compares to the regular flu.

BBC reporting tonight that hospitals are on the brink in many areas of Britain. The military is busy adapting empty buildings and setting up tent cities to accommodate the coming overflow. And they are all desperately in need of protective items. I sure hope I'm not seeing our country's future.

Mockingbird
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Nope Trump is starting to fukk up..
Still no military building hospitals
Still no supplies for hospitals, lots of talk..
Not sure WTF he is thinking..

Starting? He started ****ing up weeks ago.

pgs
+1

Does that equal 88% employment ? If it does , that is not bad numbers when everything is closed .

Mowich
+1

My goodness. THAT is very concerning. Cataclysmic

He added that where the unemployment rate sits now at around 5 million people is what it was during the peak of the financial crisis.

This is a really good article, OB and details where the job losses are happening and the staggering rise in numbers. The article was published on the 19th, and their forecast rise in numbers of the unemployed has proved true.

www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/19/upshot/coronavirus-jobless-claims-states.html

petros
+3
Its gonna explode here but not as bad as the US solely on poulation densities or lack of.

Ocean Breeze
+1

He added that where the unemployment rate sits now at around 5 million people is what it was during the peak of the financial crisis.

This is a really good article, OB and details where the job losses are happening and the staggering rise in numbers. The article was published on the 19th, and their forecast rise in numbers of the unemployed has proved true.

www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/19/upshot/coronavirus-jobless-claims-states.html

Thanks much for the article. Mowich.

an aside: How are YOU doing through all this?? take good care of yourself and your loved ones.........

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Starting? He started ****ing up weeks ago.

It was already on the loose in Nor Am months ago.

JLM

U.S. now has more coronavirus cases than any other country

https://globalnews.ca/news/6738566/c..._campaign=2020

Now..if you heard Trump's pollyanna ish assessment...........one finds a big gap between the reality and what he spins.

I think that might change drastically in the next little while - third world countries might start overtaking the U.S. as they become more adept at testing for it.

petros
+3
The more tests the more cases. Stop testing and it'll go away.

Mowich
+1

Thanks much for the article. Mowich.

an aside: How are YOU doing through all this?? take good care of yourself and your loved ones.........

You are most welcome. I'm well thank you. I'm really an old hand at this self-isolation business being very much of a social hermit as it were. I have my wee pooch Rowan and my nutso cat Miri, for company. Talk on the phone each day with friends and neighbors. Lots of good books to read. So, yeah................it's all good here.

I wish you well through this trying time, Ocean.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

I thought it was 24% in the Great Depression? 12% is therefore not unprecedented. Not good but not unprecedented.