Greta

captain morgan
+4
If wee Greta's really been spending all that time tantrumping throughout Central Europe, well, it's fair to say that she's heavily infected

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Twin_Moose
+4
Self diagnosed Corona Greta will come out of this stronger and tell us the world should band together like they did over the pandemic to battle Climate change with a #coronasurvivor

Avro52
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Self diagnosed Corona Greta will come out of this stronger and tell us the world should band together like they did over the pandemic to battle Climate change with a #coronasurvivor

The virus is doing a fine job of reducing C02 output all on its own.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
So much whimpering terror of a Swedish teenager.

THAT'S the spirit that made a minor contribution to winning the wars!

captain morgan
+2

I can't wait for the move by Greta et al to rename coronavirus/covid-19 to global-warming-changey-climate-armegeddon-esque-pan-virus-end-of-world-I-told-you-so-virus

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

She's a real Joan of Arc, our Greta

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

She's a real Joan of Arc, our Greta

Damn good thing the Swedes were neutral in the World Wars, or we might have noticed Canada wasn't there.

But probably not.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Atoadaso...

Greta Thunberg is self-isolating after experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
Rachel Ferguson

CTVNews.ca writer

Published Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:49PM EDT

Cuz two residences being heated and lit are better than one.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday, teen activist Greta Thunberg announced that she has been self-isolating in Sweden for the past 10 days, after coming down with symptoms of COVID-19.

Thunberg and her father had just returned home from travelling around Central Europe when they began showing symptoms of the novel coronavirus. Despite not being tested for the virus, the two determined it was the most likely culprit given their symptoms and recent travel history.

Advertisement

To keep her mother and sister safe, the young environmentalist has been self-isolating in a rented apartment in Sweden. For Thunberg, the symptoms were minor

NO WONDER she is ill! She is FOND OF MASS TRANSIT!

Which translates into MASS EXPOSURE to any infection!

captain morgan
+3

Damn good thing the Swedes were neutral in the World Wars, or we might have noticed Canada wasn't there.

But probably not.

Alas, another whose entire world experience is garnered through 'learning' via the info Hollywood decides is fact.

Sad

pgs
+4

But probably not.

Canada wasn’t there . Flock off . Canadian General Curry , look him up WW1 . Taught you Yanks a thing or two about trench warfare .
Maybe study up on Dieppe , and tell me where the Germans were the next time Canadians went through .
While America went up the soft middle and the glory of marching through Paris Canadians were doing the tough work on the northern front .
You might also read up on the Italian campaign and Canada’s contribution .

pgs
+3

But probably not.

Canada wasn’t there . Flock off . Canadian General Curry , look him up WW1 . Taught you Yanks a thing or two about trench warfare .
Maybe study up on Dieppe , and tell me where the Germans were the next time Canadians went through .
While America went up the soft middle and the glory of marching through Paris Canadians were doing the tough work on the northern front .
Not noticed , my eye .

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Not noticed , my eye .

Thanks for the double post

That way I was able to give you two thumbs up....

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Thanks for the double post

That way I was able to give you two thumbs up....

That was a mistake . I think Tecumsehsbones thinks Omaha Beach is in Nebraska .

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Alas, another whose entire world experience is garnered through 'learning' via the info Hollywood decides is fact.
Sad

Maybe you should have gone to college.

captain morgan
+3

Maybe you should have gone to college.

No amount of diversion or back peddling will change the incredibly incorrect statement you made

petros
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

It was nice of Monty to let Americans march past the Canadians into Rome so they could have a feel good moment and a pretend win for propaganda purposes. My uncle who chased Rommel across the Sahara, through Sicily and to the outskirts of Rome never forgave Montgomery. It was our win.

pgs
+4 / -1

It was nice of Monty to let Americans march past the Canadians into Rome so they could have a feel good moment and a pretend win for propaganda purposes. My uncle who chased Rommel across the Sahara, through Sicily and to the outskirts of Rome never forgave Montgomery. It was our win.

That and the European theatre is one of the main reasons for anti American sentiment in Canada . Many returning vets held their noses around the prima donnas .

captain morgan
+4

As far as the big picture goes, there are dozens, if not hundreds of monuments built by the locals (or gvts) throughout many nations remembering the contribution of the Cdn efforts.

Italy, France and the Netherlands come to mind.

Does this recognition extend (to the same degree) to the US?

Gotta wonder

Avro52

As far as the big picture goes, there are dozens, if not hundreds of monuments built by the locals (or gvts) throughout many nations remembering the contribution of the Cdn efforts.
Italy, France and the Netherlands come to mind.
Does this recognition extend (to the same degree) to the US?
Gotta wonder

Even though without the US the Germans would have won.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

No amount of diversion or back peddling will change the incredibly incorrect statement you made

"Pedaling," illiterate.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Pretty funny hearing all these fellas that never quite managed to scrape up the balls to put on a uniform defending Canadian military honor.

Avro52

Pretty funny hearing all these fellas that never quite managed to scrape up the balls to put on a uniform defending Canadian military honor.

Some of whom think PTSD is made up.

I'll leave all Canadian military knowledge to RCS where ever he may be.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Some of whom think PTSD is made up.
I'll leave all Canadian military knowledge to RCS where ever he may be.

And I'll listen with great respect and interest to anything he cares to tell me.

captain morgan
+3

Germans would have won had the Brits, French, Canucks, Aussies, etc, etc, etc not been involved.

Hell, I recall that IBM was extra helpful in helping the Nazis in WW II

"Pedaling," illiterate.

Whatevs.

Here's a nice history book for you to read and it totally agrees with your distorted understanding of reality

Don't forget to make the RAT-A-TAT-TAT-TAT sounds for the extra authentic experience

Twin_Moose
+2
I loved Sgt. Rock and Sgt. Fury of Easy company growing up

spilledthebeer

And SO VERY MUCH LIE-beral obsession with the diminutive and irrational Swedish Troll!

Should we assume you have a NOT SO HEALTHY FIXATION on Swedes who LOOK UNDER AGE?

Are you attracted to jail bait as well as LIE-beral propaganda?

captain morgan
+2

I loved Sgt. Rock and Sgt. Fury of Easy company growing up

If it weren't for Sgt Rock single-handedly winning the war, we'd all be eating sour kraut and goose-stepping everywhere.

Fact

Tecumsehsbones

If it weren't for Sgt Rock single-handedly winning the war, we'd all be eating sour kraut and goose-stepping everywhere.
Fact

Sauerkraut.

Congratulations, you're illiterate in two languages. Be a hoot to see you give French a go. Or even Acadian.

Avro52
+1

Germans would have won had the Brits, French, Canucks, Aussies, etc, etc, etc not been involved.
Hell, I recall that IBM was extra

All heavily supplied by the Yanks.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yep, we called ourselves "The Arsenal of Democracy."

To unanimous comments of "That's 'The Arsehole of Democracy.'"

captain morgan
+2