Study Finds Spanked Children Are More Likely To Have Developmental Delays

taxslave
+1
Pretty much.

taxslave
+1
Must be 30myears ago now maybe longer there was a child care in the prairies somewhere that was in the news because the kids claimed they were used in satanic practices. Turned out later that all of it was suggested to them by some psychologist.RIght now I don't have the time or ambition to try and find the story.

Serryah
+2
I was spanked as a kid.

I was also given soap to 'eat' if I swore.

The soap sucked more than the spanking did.

To this day I hate the smell of Ivory soap, lol.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Why does there have to be punishment of some kind? And why does it have to be in the form of violence? We punished our kids but not with violence. we made them do productive activities, like doing dishes for a week or weeding the gardens, or whatever.

Because we don't have enough self-awareness or self-discipline to be models the kids want to emulate.

So the only tool left is beating or drugging them into submission.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I was spanked as a kid.
I was also given soap to 'eat' if I swore.
The soap sucked more than the spanking did.
To this day I hate the smell of Ivory soap, lol.

I'd say you turned out pretty good. I compliment you on your courage and resilience. Ouisah!

petros
+1
How many kids do you have?

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I don't "hate" your posts. It's just that so many of them are so long, I lose my will to live about 2/3rds of the way through.

The medium is the message.

So why have you not died away? Surely you can find something more useful to do?

Or not - while under LIE-beral influence!

AnnaE
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Because we don't have enough self-awareness or self-discipline to be models the kids want to emulate.

Quite like my point.

Serryah
+1

I'd say you turned out pretty good. I compliment you on your courage and resilience. Ouisah!

It worked enough I STILL don't swear around my dad, and I'm 44!

Mom on the other hand...

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Intent to injure seems to be a common factor in the above definition, so exactly how do we define "injure"?

If it offends as LIE-beral - then it is INJURY! The rest of the planet HAS OTHER STANDARDS!

NZDoug
Please inform me by private message if STB actually post anything on subject, aside from personal attacks and name calling.
This has been a time saving public service announcement by NZDoug.

spilledthebeer

Congratulations T-bonesforbrains -for your remarkable capacity to TRIVIALIZE a serious issue!

But then that is what lawyers do - they either trivialize serious CRAP - or they blow up minor foolishness into major mountains!

Here is an article illustrating the level of insanity that LIE-beral virtue signalling garbage is leading to!! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Tribunal rules race of 6-year-old girl was factor in being handcuffed, restrained by Peel police

By Nick Westoll, from Global News

Published March 3, 2020

The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) has ruled the race of a six-year-old girl was a factor after she was handcuffed and restrained by Peel Regional Police at her elementary school for almost half an hour.

(Whatever drugs that tribunal judge was on when the verdict was rendered - should be ILLEGAL - considering the FACTS of the case!)

The ruling by HRTO board member Brenda Bowlby comes after police were called to the Peel Region school on Sept. 30, 2016, after educators said the girl, who has a history of aggressive behaviour, hit a child.

(So teachers are supposed to stand by while some BRAT tries to injure others?)

In the Feb. 24 ruling shared by the Human Rights Legal Support Centre, staff reported the child, who is black, took off down a hall shortly after the incident and tried to hit another student. She then tried to open doors and made her way to the gym stage and threw items at the school's principal. A behavioural teaching assistant, who also tried to de-escalate the situation, was hit on his lip by a book thrown by the girl.

(Should the school not respond unless the kid is throwing rocks or knives?? Our schools are being paralysed by this total inability to rein in bad behaviour!)

READ MORE: Mother upset after 6-year-old daughter handcuffed by police at Mississauga school

The behavioural teaching assistant went on to restrain the girl intermittently using a "child lock hold," but was unable to calm her down. He told the hearing that the girl, who was described as being about 48 pounds and about three-to-four feet, was in the "most heightened state" of agitation and "not much communication was registering with her."

(Should we ask if the kid was drugged or mentally deranged somehow?)

After police arrived, the student ran away and had to be brought back to the school office by the behavioural teaching assistant and the first responding officers.

(WE KNOW that if the kid runs away and gets hurt - parents will BLAME school staff for “inadequate supervision” - yet teachers and cops are BLAMED for restraining the kid to prevent injury!)

The behavioural teaching assistant testified police had to be "hands on" with the girl and despite using "professional tactical communications," they too were unable to de-escalate the six-year-old. It was at that point when two police officers put handcuffs on the girl's wrists.

(If the kid rampages and manages to trip and fall and break a finger or arm there will be HELL to pay - yet restraint of a brat is somehow WRONG?)

READ MORE: In Miami, a mom accuses police of ‘abuse’ after son handcuffed for allegedly hitting teacher

(OH - another kid hits teacher and Mom shrugs but handcuffs to prevent more stupid behaviour are abuse?? Madness is catching!)

"The applicant was spitting, head-butting and trying to break free. She began kicking the officers, swinging her legs out sideways and coming backwards like a heel kick," the ruling said, adding the officers spoke and agreed to handcuff her ankles.

(Would the disgruntled parent PREFER if the kid got duct taped to a chair to prevent her injuring herself of others?)

"[The behavioural teaching assistant] recalled that one officer told the [girl] a few times that if she did not stop kicking, spitting and head-butting, they would have to put cuffs on."

Police asked for paramedics to be called and it was noted the girl "seemed intrigued by their instruments and just stopped." The handcuffs were removed at that point and the officers stepped back. The girl's mother was called and declined to have her daughter's blood tested and to be taken to hospital for further assessment.

(Uh huh - and that blood test probably SHOULD HAVE BEEN MANDATORY!!
How can a judge render an honest verdict without knowing if the kid had accidentally ingested some drugs - whether of the legal or illegal type - certainly the kids wild behaviour calls for INVESTIGATION!)

Peel Children's Aid Society was contacted twice -- once by police after an incident at the school on Sept. 15 and once by paramedics after the Sept. 30 incident. The agency reportedly offered resources to assist the girl, but the girl's mother declined and said she was looking for resources.

(Uh huh- sounds like Mom is in serious DENIAL!)

Conflicting recollections in incident

However, in Bowlby's ruling, she found a disparity between accounts given by the officers and the school's behavioural teaching assistant in how and when the handcuffs were put on the girl, including on the point of whether the girl was on her stomach when the handcuffs were applied.

(Should we ask if the teaching assistant was trying to ESCAPE the room and avoid being involved and thus MISSED certain details?)

"This difference is critical because placing a six-year-old child on her stomach with her wrists handcuffed behind her, her ankles handcuffed and holding her in that position for almost half an hour represents an entirely different type and level of control than leaving her in a sitting position with her hands cuffed in front of her as the officers say they did," the decision said.

"Placing her on her stomach as described by [the behavioural teaching assistant] would not only further restrict her freedom, but would represent a greater impact on her dignity."

(The kid is behaving in an insane fashion such that teaching PROFESSIONALS feel the need for COPS- and the IDIOT LIE-beral virtue signalling judge is sucking up to the black community by fussing over the kids DIGNITY?? At the point when cops were called - THERE WAS NO MORE DIGNITY to protect!! The ONLY THING LEFT for LIE-berals is to protect is the pride and arrogance of MOM and judge DID THAT by insulting cops and teachers!)

Noting that the incident happened years before the hearing, Bowlby noted perceptions by the officers and other witnesses may have been impacted.

However, she noted the behavioural teaching assistant's notes and recollection was "much clearer" than that of the officers. Bowlby said one of the officer's notes were "hastily made," "bereft of detail" and the officer said it contained a "significant error." The other officer's notes were described as "scant."

(Dealing with a six year old BRAT is not TRADITIONALLY considered to be a highly charged LEGAL issue - unless LIE-beral virtue signalling gets involved - thus no apparent need by the cop to write up clinical style Psychiatric notes!)

In the ruling, it was noted the girl had behavioural issues since beginning school in 2014. There were multiple instances involving the girl hitting children and staff, running around the school, throwing objects, spitting and swearing. After the girl's mother was called and she attended the school, the child would "appear to be fine."

A safety plan was eventually put in place in an effort to address the behaviour.

The girl's mother did "everything in her power to try and find out the underlying reasons for the [girl]'s struggles in school," including parenting classes, counselling and working with a social worker.

The girl was eventually diagnosed with oppositional defiance disorder.

(So the kid has a mental illness that manifests as deliberately screwing with adults and LIE-berals think cops are BIASED for preventing the kid from MORE acting out or more attempts to harm others!)

(LIE-berals are so careless about mental illness that they leave crazy people running loose and untreated until they become such a danger to themselves and others that cops end up shooting them to end their rampages - and afterwords LIE-berals whine that cops should have “de-escalated” the situation by reasoning with crazy people who care more about the voices inside their head than about worried cops with guns!)

Before the Sept. 30 incident, the school contacted Peel police on Sept. 8, 15 and 26. On the 8th, the child reportedly left the gym, climbed a fence and threw rocks and objects at vehicles. On the 15th, the ruling said the girl messed up a bathroom and classroom and punched and kicked staff. The girl was calm by the time officers spoke with her. Police were contacted on the 26th, but were called off before they arrived.

HRTO finds race to be factor in treatment by officers of girl

(Did delusional HRTO judge even get a LOOK at the record of this kids behaviour and if so - why is it being IGNORED?? Should we assume Mom is just as NUTS as the kid and LIE-berals are trying to “de-escalate” by AGREEING WITH HER in order to calm HER?)

Bowlby wrote that there was no "direct evidence of discrimination in this case" and that she could only look at if there was an inference of racial discrimination based on the evidence rather than the explanations from officers. She also looked at if the Peel Children's Aid Society was contacted maliciously (and if so, was the girl's race a factor).

(The judge presents here a fine example of LIE-beral “PSYCHO-BABBLE! She noted the responding police officers didn't have training in dealing with a child in crisis, adding they were called because the school was unable to "manage" the situation!)

(The kid and Mom need treatment by a DOCTOR!! The kid is apparently SO CRAZED she is UNFIT to be in a regular school - and Mom is abetting the kid!)

In reviewing the incident, Bowlby said it wasn't known what brought on the girl's behaviour. She said police were told about the girl's past history and there was no evidence the officers did anything to cause the girl to run off from the office, adding police carried themselves throughout the incident in a "professional and polite manner" and tried to verbally de-escalate.

(But it is still the cops fault for taking SENSIBLE ACTION!)

However, Bowlby said there was no explanation for putting the girl on her stomach and handcuffing her hands and ankles and "then maintained her in that position for 28 minutes," calling it "disproportionate to what was necessary to provide adequate control and amounts to a clear overreaction in the circumstances."

(The evidence suggests that the kid could not head butt from the floor - thus the kid is SAFER on the floor with no way to FALL or strike at others!! And it is clear that the less often the kid gets handled - the LESS LIKELY she is to be injured or BRUISED - and the less injury she suffers - the less outraged Mom will BE!! But IDIOT LIE-berals are determined to stroke the out of control egos of a crazy radical minority in Canada!)

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Please inform me by private message if STB actually post anything on subject, aside from personal attacks and name calling.
This has been a time saving public service announcement by NZDoug.

POOR foolish NUT Zone Doug! He is feeling picked upon because his posts are mocked for being illogical and poorly informed!

Consider my post to T-bonesforbrains - see below - regarding the need to discipline children - within a COMPLETELY SCREWED UP

LIE-beral frame work regulated by Human Rights but too often WRONG virtue signalling LIE-beral judges!

The typical Human Rights judge seems FAR MORE FOCUSED on winning votes for LIE-berals - while apparently INDIFFERENT

to the LOGICAL AND EFFICIENT operation of society!