Trudeau and the Pipelines

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

So you should. We are the ones that make things happen so you can continue to collect your welfare and "free" government services.

your fantasy world is crumbling.

Natural Gas (Henry Hub)1.76USD per MMBtu

nobody wants to develop natural gas anymore. Buffett is out for the same reason everyone else is out - no money there. Science made it too cheap to get at and therefore no longer worth the effort.

There is no way natural gas gets anything but cheaper going forward.

It's one more thing that commerce is simply passing by.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

nobody wants to develop natural gas anymore. Buffett is out for the same reason everyone else is out - no money there. Science made it too cheap to get at and therefore no longer worth the effort.

Oh the article in the last page says different

Quote:

Warren Buffett, one of the world’s most influential investors, has pulled out of a proposed $9 billion liquefied natural gas project in Quebec over concerns about railway blockades and infrastructure challenges.

petros

Good. Cheap and easily accessible will make it the dominant fossil fuel as intended.

Have you not been paying attention?

petros
Quote:

Warren Buffett, one of the world’s most influential investors, has pulled out of a proposed $9 billion liquefied natural gas project in Quebec over concerns about railway blockades and infrastructure challenges.

Hymie will say "that's racist".

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Well. . . Canada and about 3/4 of the other countries in the world.

Natural Gas (Henry Hub) 1.76 USD per MMBtu

Apparently this most basic concepts is well beyond your grasp.

Protip: Buying nat gas in NorAm for next to nothing and selling it at a large multiple overseas generates an giant profit

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hymie will say "that's racist".

He's the biggest colonizer and racist on these boards... Refuses to allow so many FN communities a shot at self-sufficiency, independence and the opportunity for these communities to prosper.

petros
It's bad to give opportunity and high paid skills to people. They are better off on welfare, addicted and bitter about life.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Protip: Buying nat gas in NorAm for next to nothing and selling it at a large multiple overseas generates an giant profit

You mean. . . buy cheap, sell dear?

Wow. How come nobody ever thought of that before?

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Well. . . Canada and about 3/4 of the other countries in the world.

I included this quote a little earlier when responding to buddy and I, well, plain ole forgot to comment.

Your comment is completely accurate, however, I can not recall any time where a prominent figure (or gvt) publicly stated that they believe that investment in Canada was inappropriate due to a tangible and significant political risk.

I can only assume that trudeau has already begged for a face-to-face in Omaha with Mr. Buffet and assured him that all is well.... I can only hope that Mr. Buffet had the good sense to withdraw any agreement to pose for a selfie with our groper PM, trudeau is well known for being somewhat touchy-feely

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I included this quote a little earlier when responding to buddy and I, well, plain ole forgot to comment.
Your comment is completely accurate, however, I can not recall any time where a prominent figure (or gvt) publicly stated that they believe that investment in Canada was inappropriate due to a tangible and significant political risk.
I can only assume that trudeau has already begged for a face-to-face in Omaha with Mr. Buffet and assured him that all is well.... I can only hope that Mr. Buffet had the good sense to withdraw any agreement to pose for a selfie with our groper PM, trudeau is well known for being somewhat touchy-feely

I know. Y'all need to sort out your process to provide a reasonable level of business certainty.

You've heard the definition of an honest politician, right? "One who stays bought."

Hoid
Business certainty is the new watch word.

It's what you mention when you don't want to talk about the fundamental weakness of the oil and gas biz in Canada.